Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Man, I hope this wasn't asked recently and I just missed it. Does anyone know what the Team Flare Bag does in Super Training?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Der Metzgermeister
Nov 27, 2005

Denn du bist was du isst, und ihr wisst was es ist.

DrManiac posted:

Going forward it would be cool if they just gave you two rivals. The jerk one who takes the starter you're weak against, and the friendly one who's forced to get the starter you're strong against.

Yeah, the four rivals thing is a bit ridiculous.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
How the gently caress do you get Reset Bags? I can't get any of them

krystal.lynn
Mar 8, 2007

Good n' Goomy

Badingading posted:

Those clever bastards at Game Freak. I was stumped on how to get through some of the sliding puzzles in Frost Cavern, until I remembered I could move diagonally. :shepface:

I am not prepared to admit how long this took me to figure out.

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013
So I posted this the other day but no one answered. Where/when do you encounter Xerneas/Yveltal? I want to catch an Yveltal with a good nature and decent IVs, so I'd like to have a free spot in my party when I encounter it so I can quickly check it. Unless there's a way to catch them after you beat the main game, like in BW2?

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...
Where can I find an Abomasnow? I'm in the area you get his Mega Stone but I can't find one to battle.

Previous Jesus posted:

So I posted this the other day but no one answered. Where/when do you encounter Xerneas/Yveltal? I want to catch an Yveltal with a good nature and decent IVs, so I'd like to have a free spot in my party when I encounter it so I can quickly check it. Unless there's a way to catch them after you beat the main game, like in BW2?

I want to say post-7th gym. Team Flare sends out a Holo-message to all trainers to start the quest.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
Scolipede getting Speed Boost means Ninjask can finally kiss its rear end goodbye.

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013

Unbound posted:

Where can I find an Abomasnow? I'm in the area you get his Mega Stone but I can't find one to battle.

You can find Snover in the next story area, where you ride the Mamoswine.

Unbound posted:

I want to say post-7th gym. Team Flare sends out a Holo-message to all trainers to start the quest.

Is that the one where the guy with the big hair talks about reviving the ultimate weapon?

Zhent
Oct 18, 2011

The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time.
Is there any way to trade between two games using a single DS?

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.
So, I know this is a silly question to ask, this being a Pokemon game and all, but does the game ever get any more difficult? I just stomped Grant with my Diggersby alone, and I feel like the rapid leveling has me outpacing the Gym Leaders.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
Where's the earliest you can get an everstone?

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Previous Jesus posted:

You can find Snover in the next story area, where you ride the Mamoswine.

Is that the one where the guy with the big hair talks about reviving the ultimate weapon?

I think so. Either way, it's when you have to go back to Geosenge(sp?) Town and the weapon is there.

VVVVVV I evolved mine at 52. It's 67 with no new moves learned.

Unbound fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Oct 15, 2013

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
Sorry if this has been asked recently, but does anyone know if when you evolve Duoblade it keeps learning moves or not? I have a dusk stone but I don't want to evolve it if it doesn't learn new moves.

rhoga
Jun 4, 2012

mon chou

GonSmithe posted:

Sorry if this has been asked recently, but does anyone know if when you evolve Duoblade it keeps learning moves or not? I have a dusk stone but I don't want to evolve it if it doesn't learn new moves.

It learns some moves, but you want to keep it as a doublade until it gets sacred sword and iron head. Once it has those, you can evolve it without missing anything too big.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Is there any kind of post game stuff besides the Battle Tower and the obvious E4 refight?

Nickname Pending
Jan 2, 2008

I learned how to play beer pong from the Prince of Uganda at a university party.
So I've had EXP share on pretty much the whole game to where I am now. Does this screw with the EV's? So like only the one that is doing the killing will get EV's but the rest are just getting experience only?

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Second shiny pokemon today showed up. Shiny Skorupi.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Previous Jesus posted:

You can check boxes with the wondertrade menu.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Nickname Pending posted:

So I've had EXP share on pretty much the whole game to where I am now. Does this screw with the EV's? So like only the one that is doing the killing will get EV's but the rest are just getting experience only?

I don't think so, but even if it does there are Reset Bags in the Super Trainer.

VVVV Sacred Sword is the later of the two at 51.

Unbound fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Oct 15, 2013

MadiTC
May 31, 2011

rhoga posted:

It learns some moves, but you want to keep it as a doublade until it gets sacred sword and iron head. Once it has those, you can evolve it without missing anything too big.

What level does it learn those?

rhoga
Jun 4, 2012

mon chou

MadiTC posted:

What level does it learn those?
It's before 50, but I don't remember the exact numbers.

Manatee Cannon posted:

Is there any kind of post game stuff besides the Battle Tower and the obvious E4 refight?
I've got bad news for you... You can refight them, but they don't change their teams up at all. Other than the battle tower, I haven't seen anything else in the post-game.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Unbound posted:

I don't think so, but even if it does there are Reset Bags in the Super Trainer.

VVVV Sacred Sword is the later of the two at 51.

In previous games Exp Share did mess with EVs, not sure about this one though, would need to test

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I just realized now that pokemon streetpass is hidden deep in a menu. Why is this a thing?

jymbojones
Jul 4, 2010

Rafzakael posted:

In previous games Exp Share did mess with EVs, not sure about this one though, would need to test

Not an actual facts hardnosed test, but I was trying to catch a Mareep in a swarm a bit ago with my new hatched Torchic on my team. After a few hordes with the Wingull I get some Mareeps, kill 4 of them and capture the last one. Torchic has yet to be swapped in to a battle and EXPshare is on.

I looked at my Torchic's EVs on the training screen and there's a noticeable chunk of yellow toward both Speed (Wingull's EV) and SpA (Mareep's EV).

Take that as you will.

Zahki
Nov 7, 2004

rhoga posted:

I've got bad news for you... You can refight them, but they don't change their teams up at all. Other than the battle tower, I haven't seen anything else in the post-game.

Super glad I'm taking it slow then. 15 hours played and just beat the 3rd gym, not much point trying to go faster if theres nothing to do after the E4.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Okay I just beat the electric gym leader in the main city, where the heck do I go now? It's not letting me take route 14 OR 16

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...
So this is the second time I have encountered Articuno and couldn't do anything. What do I have to do to be able to fight this thing, let alone throw a pokeball at it?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Zahki posted:

Super glad I'm taking it slow then. 15 hours played and just beat the 3rd gym, not much point trying to go faster if theres nothing to do after the E4.

I think there's an event involving the Elite Four post game Looker appears somewhere maybe that's the trigger for a higher level battle.

So yeah, the "select Pokemon you haven't seen" stuff seems to be more along the lines of "Gee if I only had Charizard I would be the coolest trainer ever" unlocking Charizard for trading.

Dehry fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Oct 15, 2013

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

For in-game eviolite Doublade is probably better than Aegislash unless you immediately Super Trained your Honedge so it doesn't gain speed. Eviolite Doublade has much better defense and doesn't have to worry about outspeeding things that it can't OHKO while still having a solid attack stat.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
I feel like I've overlevelled a touch, though that could be because I've only used three pokemon for the majority of the game.

Greninja (Levi) - 38. I have no complaints about this guy. He's speedy, he hits special like a truck, he looks cool as hell... :allears:
Fufrou (Sasha) - 36. I feel like this is one of those pokemon that's going to slow down soon, but so far she's a decent tank. She flinchhaxed the fighting gym to death too which was great.
Charizard Y (Eren) - 36. To be honest he hasn't pulled his weight so far, though hopefully now he's evolved, he can start actually killing things.

I've quit for the night just after recieving the free Lucario (Erwin), while Diggersby makes for a decent HM slave. How far away am I from fishing up a Skrelp?

MadiTC
May 31, 2011
Hey when's the earliest you can find a Dusk Stone? I've got a Doublade that's just itching to evolve.

HeyItsAyls
Nov 25, 2011

Unbound posted:

So this is the second time I have encountered Articuno and couldn't do anything. What do I have to do to be able to fight this thing, let alone throw a pokeball at it?

Serebii says that if you can get it to the Azure Bay, it will settle in the Sea Spirit's Den for a regular fight. Haven't actually tried this since it's dumb luck.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Pyrotoad posted:

I feel like I've overlevelled a touch, though that could be because I've only used three pokemon for the majority of the game.

Greninja (Levi) - 38. I have no complaints about this guy. He's speedy, he hits special like a truck, he looks cool as hell... :allears:
Fufrou (Sasha) - 36. I feel like this is one of those pokemon that's going to slow down soon, but so far she's a decent tank. She flinchhaxed the fighting gym to death too which was great.
Charizard Y (Eren) - 36. To be honest he hasn't pulled his weight so far, though hopefully now he's evolved, he can start actually killing things.

I've quit for the night just after recieving the free Lucario (Erwin), while Diggersby makes for a decent HM slave. How far away am I from fishing up a Skrelp?

You can get one with the Good Rod by fishing at the beach near the town where you got the second badge.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

My team so far;

Although honestly i've soloed 95% of the game with Delphox.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Pyrotoad posted:

You can find them back on Route 8 if you've got a good rod. (I think)

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Pyrotoad posted:

Route 8. You passed it.

HeyItsAyls posted:

Serebii says that if you can get it to the Azure Bay, it will settle in the Sea Spirit's Den for a regular fight. Haven't actually tried this since it's dumb luck.
I'm assuming to get it to Azure Bay I have to keep encountering it?

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
Do the hearts in Pokemon Amie not represent the hapiness of the Pokemon? My Eevee has five hearts but still won't evolve.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

So if you max out affection on a pokemon through pokemonamie, and then switch to another pokemon to level up their affection, does the first pokemon's affection stay how it is and help out in combat and stuff still? Or is only the 'active' pokemon in pokemonamie able to take advantage of that stuff?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
It appears the game is maximized for 4 Pokemon on screen at a time. I ran into a Trevenant Horde, and as soon as I took out two of them, the frame rate increased.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

Unbound posted:

Alright. Does anyone know anything more specific about Alakazamite? I have been in this cave for far to long. Also, where is the Mareep-family member located?

I understand that a few mega stones only show up between 8 and 9 PM, (post-game) that may be one of them.

• Locked thread