Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Der Metzgermeister
Nov 27, 2005

Denn du bist was du isst, und ihr wisst was es ist.

Kilometers Davis posted:

Whaaat? I love these guys. They're all friendly and silly and I always smile when I'm dealing with them. I'm really enjoying the light tone of the game's characters and story.

I think I'd prefer a bit of a happy medium, where you've got one friendly rival and one rear end in a top hat rival. Don't tell me it isn't incredibly satisfying every time you smash Blue's face into the dirt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Does anyone know when/where the earliest you can buy Luxury Balls is? I wasted all mine on Azurill that had Thick Fat.

McDragon posted:

It's that drat yarn heading game. It's adorable and the music is ridiculously catchy, especially in fever mode.

It also seems to be the best way to get the really fancy/good Poke Puffs if you play it on Unlimited, I haven't really touched the other two games because of it.

horchata
Oct 17, 2010

Der Metzgermeister posted:

You can max out both of them and still have 4 EVs left over.

I'm just really confused with putting EVs on it. Do I put defense EVs since the stat switches when it changes form? Is that how it works with his ability?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

In the postgame, do you get the starter that your starter is strong against, or the one it's weak against?

e. Sorry, probably should have spoiled that.

net cafe scandal fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Oct 15, 2013

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I love everyone making fun of Team Flare's horrible fashion sense

Crosscontaminant
Jan 18, 2007

I think I'd prefer a bit of a happy medium, where you've got one friendly rival and one rear end in a top hat rival. Don't tell me it isn't incredibly satisfying every time you smash Blue's face into the dirt.
I don't really care whether they're friendly or assholish, but I'd like them to at least put up a challenge rather than being a minor roadblock. Why have Gamefreak decided full teams of six are too hard?

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

I dunno, watching Serena go all "I lost AGAIN? :ughh:" is immensely satisfying to me.

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

1) gently caress victory road for making me bring my surf AND strength slaves. I missed out on catching a Noibat because my Venusaur wasn't around to put it to sleep :mad: (it used whirlwind after escaping an ultra ball)

2) Oh god I immediately want to level up another entire team :gonk:
(what would go well with ampharos/clawitzer/pangoro? probably gonna trade for a charmander but other than that I'm paralyzed by choice)

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
I swear, Pokemon-Amie is worse than the Pokeathalon for how much time I'm spending on it. Seriously, I haven't gone through the Electric Gym yet because I'm too busy bouncing yarn off of a T-rex's head.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Hanks Lust Cafe posted:

In the postgame, do you get the starter that your starter is strong against, or the one it's weak against?

Strong Against

Other note: God drat Articuno. Just let me battle you!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Why has no-on ever mentioned Spoink? It's an adorable little blue pig on a spring. A blue pig on a spring, people! :3:

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Why has no-on ever mentioned Spoink? It's an adorable little blue pig on a spring. A blue pig on a spring, people! :3:

Because its evolution looks like poo poo and its stats probably suck :(

You're right though, Spoink is adorable :3:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You are aware it's a gen III pokemon, right?

mareep
Dec 26, 2009

Like someone posted a while back, I just got a Xerneas off the GTS for a (male) squirtle baby. Love this feature so much.

khysanth
Jun 10, 2009

Still love you, Homar

My first every shiny pokemon in all of the gens since I was 11 (am now 28):

slightpirate
Dec 26, 2006
i am the dance commander
Do I want to super train as much as possible early on, or save it for later?

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

khysanth posted:

Keep searching, there are multiple versions of that pokemon depending on the flowers you're searching in.

mareep
Dec 26, 2009

khysanth posted:

I think I have some bad news :ohdear:

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
Just got Xerneas. It's Hasty nature, so it has better Speed but lower Defense. I'm just wondering if I should make it a pure special sweeper or a mixed attacker, and what Super Training minigames (besides the Magnemite/Magneton/Magnezone ones) do you guys think I should use for either?

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

redcheval posted:

Like someone posted a while back, I just got a Xerneas off the GTS for a (male) squirtle baby. Love this feature so much.

Yeah I just checked and I got one for a female bulbasaur. Holy poo poo guys, no wonder people ask for legendarys.

I'm gonna try and get a Yveltal for my little brother next.

EDIT: It was a serious Xerneas too! So I don't have to worry about stats. No nickname though, sadly.

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

slightpirate posted:

Do I want to super train as much as possible early on, or save it for later?

Early is probably better, since putting it off will result in "wasted" (ie. not ideally min-maxed) EVs. Honestly it's totally unnecessary for the main game, but it's worth doing if you want to battle other people a lot.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Pokedex entry is one of the sad ones. Something like they die if they stop bouncing. :(

Also the guy in the scary house didn't get a tip for his stupid story he couldn't even get straight. There's no refrigerator in there, dumbass. :v:

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Cascoon isn't all spiky anymore.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Ahh I take it back, the Xerneas DID have a nickname! I should mass breed starters to get as many legendaries as possible, and wonder trade them.

horchata
Oct 17, 2010
Do EV reducing berries still exist in this game or am I forced to reset all my EVs with the reset bag?

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

horchata posted:

Do EV reducing berries still exist in this game or am I forced to reset all my EVs with the reset bag?

Don't know, but the bag is easy to get, easy to use and free. It's a one time reset everything too.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
The berries still exist, I'm growing some for myself right now!

edit: You know what this game's missing? Scarves. Also I want to be able to WEAR my glasses, dammit.

sleater-cummy
Dec 28, 2005

smile :]
Is there a way to take and upload screenshots in this game a la Animal Crossing, or should I assume from all of the iphone shots in this thread that we're pretty much SOL?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Nayato posted:

Is there a way to take and upload screenshots in this game a la Animal Crossing, or should I assume from all of the iphone shots in this thread that we're pretty much SOL?

No, sadly. Though the photos taken by Phil the Photo Guy should be up on the Global Link website when that goes live.

khysanth
Jun 10, 2009

Still love you, Homar

redcheval posted:

I think I have some bad news :ohdear:

I just realized.

For everyone else - the flower depends on what color flower patch you catch it in.

mareep
Dec 26, 2009

khysanth posted:

I just realized.

For everyone else - the flower depends on what color flower patch you catch it in.

Good luck on your shiny quest though. Barring any I may have forgotten from the original Silver/Gold days, I've never seen or caught a real shiny!

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
Where the heck is an everstone????

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013
If I'm trying to reset for Xerneas do I really have to catch it, battle Lysander, and watch a ton of cutscenes every time before I can check its stats?

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Previous Jesus posted:

If I'm trying to reset for Xerneas do I really have to catch it, battle Lysander, and watch a ton of cutscenes every time before I can check its stats?

Pretty much, hence why I didn't reset for mine.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Previous Jesus posted:

You can use the Wonder Trade.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

BearDrivingTruck posted:

I know some scientists somewhere has one. You can also find them on wild Roggenrola.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

BearDrivingTruck posted:

You get one for free at the town north of the 2nd Gym.

I will never remember the names of these cities.

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013

Neo_Crimson posted:

Pretty much, hence why I didn't reset for mine.

Gamefreak why. :negative:

On the plus side, I caught my first one in my very first ultra ball.

Unbound posted:

You can use the Wonder Trade.

How? There's not a moment where I'm given control of my character.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Previous Jesus posted:

If you have an open spot in your team when you catch it, you can use the Summary to check its stats during the battle with Lysandre.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013

Folt The Bolt posted:

If you have an open spot in your team when you catch it, you can use the Summary to check its stats during the battle with Lysandre.

I know. But that screen doesn't show Nature. :negative:

• Locked thread