Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
*edit* oops. ignore this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
Actually, it looks like the specs were taken down from the store. I went over and checked and I can't find it anymore.

http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubina/en_CA/pd/ThemeID.8605600/productID.274997500/Watch-Dogs.html
This is the link everyone's using in the articles. Probably Ubi screwed up. I can't imagine 6 gb being minimum.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

If those are true, I wonder how big the difference between PC/PS4/XB1 and the PS3/360 versions is going to be.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Red Mundus posted:

Either Ubisoft has no idea how to port a game (likely.) or everyone, including Ubisoft's store, is just guessing the system requirements. (also likely.)

I think it's probably the latter. Ubisoft aren't angels, but the last few PC ports of theirs that I've played (Tomb Raider, AC3) have been pretty decent so I'm willing to give them a bit of credit on this front. Not enough to pre-order though :v:

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Athenry posted:

If those are true, I wonder how big the difference between PC/PS4/XB1 and the PS3/360 versions is going to be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpemyeVjppc

Going rumor is that this is what the current gen version will look like.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

webmeister posted:

I think it's probably the latter. Ubisoft aren't angels, but the last few PC ports of theirs that I've played (Tomb Raider, AC3)

That was Eidos/Square-Enix, not Ubi.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Crappy Jack posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpemyeVjppc

Hm, they hit Aisha Tyler with a dumptruck. I'm... oddly OK with this.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Sindai posted:

I'm surprised that WD is 64-bit only while AC4 isn't.

I'm not. AC4 is being made by the same team that did Revelations, the B-team. It makes sense that they'd have less leeway in altering the engine as opposed to the lead team.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Crappy Jack posted:

[Aisha Tyler Video, Again]

Wow, that looks more like rear end than I thought it would. Those distance textures :stare:

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Oct 10, 2013

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

CJacobs posted:

Wow, that looks more like rear end than I thought it would. Those distance textures :stare:

I hate judging things like that from youtube videos, but yeah, the models and textures on that are noticeably worse than what they've been showing off.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Athenry posted:

I hate judging things like that from youtube videos, but yeah, the models and textures on that are noticeably worse than what they've been showing off.

That's how it looks like when we advance a generation.

Somehow reminds me of the difference between Force Unleashed for the PS3 and Wii.

Sjonsson
Oct 7, 2013

"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
Just read this hands-on by PC-Gamer.(http://www.pcgamer.com/previews/watch-dogs-hands-on-playing-it-cool-as-an-incognito-hacker-in-cyber-chicago/)

I'm not sure what to believe yet but I really like this whole idea of the GTA freedom combined with not killing pedestrians like they were flies. Maybe a sandbox city-set game can actually not turn into a massacre?

On the other hand, it is mentioned in the article that the developers said you can't finish the game without a gun and that's something I'd like to change - would be cool just to finish the game by hacking.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Honestly I think it's too bad that most of what we've seen so far revolves around using the hacking for violence since Aiden's just a regular guy otherwise. That's not to say I don't like the way it's turning out, I just think a stealth-based game with the intricacies of this game's hacking would also be pretty sweet; like Deus Ex: HR but with goofy hats and even goofier trenchcoats than usual.

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

quote:

there’s only one ending regardless of how you play, though I’m told its meaning will be up for debate.

Oh god, it's gonna be loving Deus Ex's ending all over again isn't it? What is it about cyberpunk that attracts that?

Stroth fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Oct 11, 2013

Boing
Jul 12, 2005

trapped in custom title factory, send help
Deus Ex at least pretended to have different endings, but they were all awful. Since it's Ubisoft I imagine it'll be more like the AC games' endings, with a scripted story resolution, but there's nothing wrong with that.

Sjonsson
Oct 7, 2013

Stroth posted:

Oh god, it's gonna be loving Deus Ex's ending all over again isn't it? What is it about cyberpunk that attracts that?

I don't think it's that much of a deal as long as it's a really good ending. I guess I'm not a part of the majority in this matter though.

Obsidius
Nov 18, 2009

If you ever drop your
keys into a river of molten
lava, let 'em go, because
man, they're gone.

Sjonsson posted:

I don't think it's that much of a deal as long as it's a really good ending. I guess I'm not a part of the majority in this matter though.

I agree, as long as the ending is a good one then I don't see an issue. Plus I doubt I'll complete the game more than once so for me its all about the quality over quantity, although that's just me.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Stroth posted:

Only one ending, so it'll be open enough to justify a sequel, but closed enough for resolution. At least I'm sure that's what they're aiming for.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Sjonsson posted:

Just read this hands-on by PC-Gamer.(http://www.pcgamer.com/previews/watch-dogs-hands-on-playing-it-cool-as-an-incognito-hacker-in-cyber-chicago/)

I'm not sure what to believe yet but I really like this whole idea of the GTA freedom combined with not killing pedestrians like they were flies. Maybe a sandbox city-set game can actually not turn into a massacre?

Sleeping Dogs was this way. Every time you tried to run over a pedestrian they always just barely jumped out of the way. It looked ridiculous if your goal was to run over pedestrians (you monster) but if you played it with the correct mindset of not trying to kill them then it ended up looking pretty good.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Sleeping Dogs was this way. Every time you tried to run over a pedestrian they always just barely jumped out of the way. It looked ridiculous if your goal was to run over pedestrians (you monster) but if you played it with the correct mindset of not trying to kill them then it ended up looking pretty good.

Nah, I annihilated plenty of pedestrians in that game. My superiors were not happy.

Sjonsson
Oct 7, 2013

Obsidius posted:

I agree, as long as the ending is a good one then I don't see an issue. Plus I doubt I'll complete the game more than once so for me its all about the quality over quantity, although that's just me.

That's a very good point, I very seldom play a game more than once even though there are different endings. In example: I never replayed Bioshock even though I knew there was different endings and that I loved the game - I just asked a friend about the ending and looked at the whole thing on Youtube.

To me it's almost like the contradiction, if the different endings aren't really, REALLY good they shouldn't be there, I'd just rather have a singular ending. Multiple "ok"-endings are just poor.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I think you're thinking of Driver:San Francisco with that. Sleeping Dogs definitely let you hit pedestrians.

Boing
Jul 12, 2005

trapped in custom title factory, send help
It was more lenient. Like there's a spectrum between "people never die" and "people die if you so much as clip them", and depending on how the game is oriented it can fall somewhere on that line. Cop games tend to be more toward that end, LA Noire had the same thing where it's really hard to actually hit someone dead on.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

It gets a bit more believable in Driver: San Fran if you just remember how the opening tells you it's all in Tanner's head. Dude doesn't want to get some poor guy's life on his conscience, so...he doesn't. :v:

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Sjonsson posted:

That's a very good point, I very seldom play a game more than once even though there are different endings. In example: I never replayed Bioshock even though I knew there was different endings and that I loved the game - I just asked a friend about the ending and looked at the whole thing on Youtube.

To me it's almost like the contradiction, if the different endings aren't really, REALLY good they shouldn't be there, I'd just rather have a singular ending. Multiple "ok"-endings are just poor.

GTAV has multiple endings, although once you get the choice it's supremely obvious which one is the "correct" one. I don't really even know why they bothered putting them in.

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Don't be sad that I am gone.
See you guys in Spring 2014 :(

http://www.vg247.com/2013/10/15/watch-dogs-has-been-delayed-into-spring-2014/

Obsidius
Nov 18, 2009

If you ever drop your
man, they're gone.

Haha, seriously don't pull pranks like that its not good for my blood pressure.

Edit: gently caress this is ridiculous. I hav watchdogs as my release title and frankly its the only game I am truly looking forward to. Pissed off is an understatement.

Obsidius fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Oct 15, 2013

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Considering the initial release date was in a month, they must have run into some serious showstopper bugs or something. (Or maybe they're just moving the game to a less crowded release date)

e: or is this a joke? I can't tell.

Banzai 3
May 8, 2007
I'm only here for the weekly 24 bitchfest.
Pillbug
Polygon's reporting it as well.

Obsidius
Nov 18, 2009

If you ever drop your
man, they're gone.

Slate Action posted:

e: or is this a joke? I can't tell.

It's on the Ubisoft Blog, doesn't get more official than that I guess.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Now literally nothing to play on the One.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.
In the long run it is a good thing, assuming they're actually going to be improving the game and it wasn't secretly a last minute strategic decision.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Well that certainly explains why it wasn't up on Steam for preorder when AC4 was.

It is really weird to see the announcement this close to release though. Wouldn't they have normally been shipping out the gold master for replication like next week? I guess they hoped heroic effort and a shitload of crunch time was going to pull things together at the last minute and finally decided not to release it in a worse state than AC3.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Oct 15, 2013

Qwo
Sep 27, 2011
Well that's a load of bullshit.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Qwo posted:

Well that's a load of bullshit.

It's an objectively good thing for the game though. And means it doesn't have to compete against Ubisoft's own properties as well as the usual Christmas cavalcade.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Aphrodite posted:

Now literally nothing to play on the One.

I'd like to talk to you about Titanfall...

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

Yeah, I mean, I'd rather have Watch Dogs now in a perfect world, but considering they feel it's important enough to the game's quality that they push it back, I'd say it'd be a good move for them to push it back. Make a good thing.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

limaCAT posted:

I'd like to talk to you about Titanfall...

Not launch.

(And probably not going to be good.)

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.
Welp. I was going to get Watch_Dogs at release and save AC4 for the Steam summer sale. Might as well get AC4 now since nothing else interests me this fall. Well played Ubi. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funkstar Deluxe
May 7, 2007

「☆☆☆」
Official source on the delay

http://blog.ubi.com/watch-dogs-delay/

• Locked thread