Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shoopuf
Oct 18, 2010

Don't touch shoopuf. Tailss will be shlapping!

Opposing Farce posted:

You know I think the roller skates are my favorite part of this game. Almost makes me want to give up this whole 'be the best at Pokemon' thing and just become the best at roller skates. Find a pirate radio station, tag the gently caress outta Poke-Paris, who even needs gym badges?

Can anyone tell me where to find all of the tricks? I've tried Googling it but I only found one guide and the information there seems inaccurate.

This looks accurate! Just make sure you're dressed for success when you go to meet the last guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Nakar posted:

Haven't gone to get it myself but it's supposedly on Route 22, and you will at the least need the final HM to be able to get it. So pre-postgame, but it requires clearing all the gyms.

I haven't beaten the last Gym, but if you mean Waterfall it doesn't need the eighth badge.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

To anyone with an Aegislash - is it worth it? My Doublade just learned Sacred Sword and I've got a Dusk Stone to evolve him, but the offensive/defensive form stuff sounds like it might be more trouble than it's worth. Would it be better to just give my Doublade Eviolite?

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...
Holy cow, apparently both Pancham and Honedge can learn False Swipe? Honedge especially could end up being a really interesting Pokemon to use in helping to fill out a Pokedex.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Cyflan posted:

So the Battle Maison doesn't have online play does it?
From what the description for Multi Battles says it seems like there would be, but if i go there it only offers Infrared connection.

Why don't you make online battle facilities anymore, Game Freak. :(

:ughh: Game Freak why do so many new awesome things with online and gently caress this up :(

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

Shoopuf posted:

This looks accurate! Just make sure you're dressed for success when you go to meet the last guy.

That's what I was looking at. I've definitely talked to all of those skaters in Lumiose, so if that's accurate then I guess I'm covered, but the tricks/descriptions listed don't all match up with what the skaters say in-game so that was kind of throwing me off.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I haven't beaten the last Gym, but if you mean Waterfall it doesn't need the eighth badge.
Either way, it takes Waterfall (and supposedly also Strength and Surf, but Surf + Waterfall is kind of obvious).

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
So I've almost beaten the game at this point. Overall I think it's a really loving good game, probably the best pokemon game I've ever played, I have a few problems with it.

-A lack of wild Audinos means that even though the new exp share makes it easy to keep your team leveled, adding a new member to your team is actually harder than it should be. You have to grind them up many levels to catch up with your guys. In W2 it took like 5 minutes to get a new party member to my team's level since I could just punch audinos.
-As far as I can tell there isn't a Habitat List. That feature made collecting all the pokemon in B/W2 much easier and more satisfying since you got confirmation when you completed an area. For some reason they didn't include that in this one.
-It's just way to easy. I know Pokemon games aren't supposed to be hard but this one has no challenge. The new exp.share is so convenient and nice to use, but the game doesn't seem to be balanced around it at all. I ended up 15 levels above trainers without even trying. Every fight is effortless since I can one shot everything.

These problems just really bug me since they seem like they could of been easily addressed. The absence of convenient features in the last game is baffling considering how much the overall UI is improved. The leveling problem could of been solved simply by making trainer levels increase faster so you can't oneshot everything.

Nickname Pending
Jan 2, 2008

I learned how to play beer pong from the Prince of Uganda at a university party.
How do I get that TM in the ice cave? I can't seem to solve the sliding ice puzzle.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Nickname Pending posted:

How do I get that TM in the ice cave? I can't seem to solve the sliding ice puzzle.
I forget the exact sequence but the game lets you slide diagonally now using the circle pad so try that and see if you can cheat it.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Vegastar posted:

a guy asking about Kyurem, another asking about Genesect,

I'm 99.99999999999% sure these two are just the "show me the legendary, I give you its corresponding item(s)" guys.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Nevileen posted:

Also guh this happened to me too with my honedge. That's right Arturia :allears:

My team is composed of poo poo fairy types destroy, so xerneas was one shotting everything, even stuff that resists it. I had my Flygon left and it endured a fatal blow that would of killed me just in time to lower it's HP enough for me to catch.

Pokemon-amie is so worth it.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Stupid "screw reasonable timeframes, it needs to sound old" in stories. "I'm related to some random guy, but that rumor is 3000 years old." May as well say you're a descendant of King David, as if that means anything when the same could be said of a significant portion of the world by now.

This place is Not-France. Saying you have rumored relations to a 400-year-old so-and-so would put you in Versailles territory, long enough to be some majestic family rumor without being so long it's just dumb.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Help Im Alive posted:

To anyone with an Aegislash - is it worth it? My Doublade just learned Sacred Sword and I've got a Dusk Stone to evolve him, but the offensive/defensive form stuff sounds like it might be more trouble than it's worth. Would it be better to just give my Doublade Eviolite?

What level does he learn Sacred Sword at?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

DoctorStrangelove posted:

What level does he learn Sacred Sword at?

I think it was at level 51.

Internet Kraken posted:

-It's just way to easy. I know Pokemon games aren't supposed to be hard but this one has no challenge. The new exp.share is so convenient and nice to use, but the game doesn't seem to be balanced around it at all. I ended up 15 levels above trainers without even trying. Every fight is effortless since I can one shot everything.

You really should've turned off the exp share. I was 10 levels higher than the 3rd gym leader so I turned it off at that point and the levels eventually evened out. (It's still a pretty easy game, but I think exp share can honestly kind of ruin things)

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

khysanth
Jun 10, 2009

Still love you, Homar

Ok so this time I think I actually did catch my first shiny pokemon since gen 1. Too bad it's only a Whismur. It showed up in a horde with 4 other regular ones!

Nickname Pending
Jan 2, 2008

I learned how to play beer pong from the Prince of Uganda at a university party.

Nakar posted:

I forget the exact sequence but the game lets you slide diagonally now using the circle pad so try that and see if you can cheat it.

It worked, thanks! I don't suppose I can catch that one Abamasnow can I?

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Internet Kraken posted:

-A lack of wild Audinos means that even though the new exp share makes it easy to keep your team leveled, adding a new member to your team is actually harder than it should be. You have to grind them up many levels to catch up with your guys. In W2 it took like 5 minutes to get a new party member to my team's level since I could just punch audinos.
-As far as I can tell there isn't a Habitat List. That feature made collecting all the pokemon in B/W2 much easier and more satisfying since you got confirmation when you completed an area. For some reason they didn't include that in this one.
These two things bug the poo poo out of me. There are so many Pokemon now on each route that not having the Habitat List is just cruel. And the exp thing... it feels like they've reverted from the Gen V exp system to the old one or something too, in addition to the lack of Audinos? It's just a huge pain in the rear end to bring somebody up to speed. Hell, I caught a HM slave Bibarel and ran through Victory Road and it's only in the low 30s. You'd think with the new Exp Share he'd be gaining more levels than that. I'm not even sure what you do to level up slackers otherwise, except maybe restaurant battles or something? Put the one to raise in the Rotation Battles with a Lucky Egg and just never rotate them in.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Alright so I'm 99.9% sure I should just keep it, but I just caught the postgame Mewtwo in Y, and it's got 31 IVs in Special Attack and Speed, 30 defense, and 24 HP. The only thing that's making hesitate is 2 in Special Defense, and the Naive nature which is making that special defense really low (120 at level 71).

withheldmcfakename
Oct 30, 2011

did you know that
knuckles once smoked
out of a bong made
out of a disco ball?
Any kind Y goons willing to help me evolve my Swirlix? If you've got a Spritzee kicking around that needs evolving, that'd be great for Pokedex data. Let's help each other out.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

It's even thematically appropriate to the game.

MykonosFan
Sep 9, 2012

Hows my homies training
going? Whaa? Hey! What
are you doing Ronald?

Got a Japanese Ditto off the GTs. With the Masuda Method and the possibly increased Shiny Rates in this game I should have no problem getting a Shiny Froakie right? :dance:

...I know, I know. Probably not.

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

Google isn't helping me on this, but is there a battle frontier in this game. Any information on it if so?

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Axle_Stukov posted:

Alright so I'm 99.9% sure I should just keep it, but I just caught the postgame Mewtwo in Y, and it's got 31 IVs in Special Attack and Speed, 30 defense, and 24 HP. The only thing that's making hesitate is 2 in Special Defense, and the Naive nature which is making that special defense really low (120 at level 71).

I think that Mewtwo is hardcoded to have 2 31s and a 30. Mine has 31 HP and Special Attack and 30 Attack.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

What's the level range for the E4? Just trying to make sure I vary up my Pokemon/exp share enough to keep things reasonable.

This is perfect

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
Gible eats poke puffs in one bite :kimchi: Any other pokemon do this?

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Um, I thought Noibat was supposed to be Victory Road only? One just jumped me in Terminus Cave.

Pyrotoad posted:

There's a few that do it in two. Lapras and Tyrantrum are the only two I've found so far though.

Nevileen
Jan 4, 2008

Pyrotoad posted:

Gulpin.

Which made me :stare: the first time because I then immediately imagined my trainer's hand in it's mouth from the overzealous eating.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
Lumios city is the absolute worst. The camera angles and character movement make it a pure frustration to navigate. Also there needs to be a way to check your current objective. I think the professor wanted me to meet him at a cafe or something but I can't remember and I can't find him anywhere.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Bass Bottles posted:

Lumios city is the absolute worst. The camera angles and character movement make it a pure frustration to navigate. Also there needs to be a way to check your current objective. I think the professor wanted me to meet him at a cafe or something but I can't remember and I can't find him anywhere.

It's the red cafe you want. If you fly to the centre Pokemon Center, you should be able to see it?

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...

Internet Kraken posted:

There are wild Audinos; they jump out of the big bushes along the road of Route 6, if you run along the edge of the middle.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
The mirror dungeon and every trainer encounter in it can go fight an Ursaring for all I care.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

So Serebii posted this picture:

Anyone seen it? I can't make out what it's supposed to be.

Gotta love that we're going to be finding out all sorts of secrets for months :allears:

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I like the Battle Chateau a lot. Aside from being a goddamn money printing factory, it's fun to beat up all those snooty not!French people.

"Pfff.. who let this COMMONER in here? :smuggo:"

I could steamroll those guys all day.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
The gyms has become a time challenge to beat it in two prize money o-powers for me. Not that I mind the cash.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG

McDragon posted:

It's the red cafe you want. If you fly to the centre Pokemon Center, you should be able to see it?

I've been to a bunch of red cafes and haven't found him. Although it's hard to tell because this city is a giant circle, everything looks the same, and there are a billion loading screens.

The red cafe closest to the pokecenter you land at when flying didn't have him.

Everything about this game is great except for this one horrible nightmare city.

Nevileen
Jan 4, 2008
Also I swear to god I'm gonna hit something. GIVE MY MY drat OLD AMBER ALREADY ARRRGH

AND A MAREEP WHILE YOU'RE AT IT

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

Bass Bottles posted:

I've been to a bunch of red cafes and haven't found him. Although it's hard to tell because this city is a giant circle, everything looks the same, and there are a billion loading screens.

The red cafe closest to the pokecenter you land at when flying didn't have him.

Everything about this game is great except for this one horrible nightmare city.

The place you're looking for is Lysander Cafe. It's in one of the side paths near the interior Pokemon Center and there's a Flare grunt standing outside of it. Sycamore says something about just taking a taxi if you can't find it so try that I guess?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jymbojones
Jul 4, 2010

Nevileen posted:

Also I swear to god I'm gonna hit something. GIVE MY MY drat OLD AMBER ALREADY ARRRGH

AND A MAREEP WHILE YOU'RE AT IT

Old Amber is just dumb luck, sorry.

Mareep are horde battles only. Use honey or Sweet Scent on route 12. I found mine standing in the grass surrounded by fences just north of where you first enter the Route at. Save then use Honey and soft reset if you get Wingulls. Took me 6 tries using this method. Hope this helps.

• Locked thread