Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

Just got home from work and logged in, online account is still up and running. :toot:

I think it helps that I only got about $3m from the glitch, which honestly seems like more than enough money at this point, even considering filling a 10-car garage and getting all the cars modded up.

I suppose I should do some racing now to unlock mods, but I've got no idea on the slipstreaming, etc. and how we're supposed to do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

HiriseSoftware posted:

That was me with you today! Sorry I had to disconnect, other things came up. That was an awesome lucky sticky bomb throw I made to get that guy in the train car. We blew up a few cars too but didn't get any notifications, hopefully they weren't personal vehicles.

Sup buddy. That dude riding the train was loving crazy, I didn't know you could do that.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
Last night a buddy and I were exchanging wins on 1 lap of Criminal Records, more so to unlock car mods.

Other than doing that, what do people mean by RP grinding on that map? At level 27 I was getting +625 for winning the race and significantly less than that for coming in 2nd to my friend on the off races, but is there more RP to be earned?

Slayer1597
Nov 6, 2008

TREMENDOUS CHILD
ASK ME ABOUT MY ANIMES

nasboat posted:

Just got home from work and logged in, online account is still up and running. :toot:

I think it helps that I only got about $3m from the glitch, which honestly seems like more than enough money at this point, even considering filling a 10-car garage and getting all the cars modded up.

I suppose I should do some racing now to unlock mods, but I've got no idea on the slipstreaming, etc. and how we're supposed to do it.

We were thinking that you just have to complete the race really fast and that the slipstreaming had nothing to do with it. They also stealth patched the RP you get from it so you can only max out at like 4k? or something.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Nobody answered, so I'll try again: My emblem is a garbled, yellow mess, instead of the proud purple BOSS eagle. Is there any way to fix this?

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

Question about trading race wins with a friend. My buddy has a lower level character with a lower level car than mine (mine is a Carbonazzara or whatever). We want to game some races to earn car mods. What settings do I need the "Vehicle" on in order to make this work?

Slayer1597
Nov 6, 2008

TREMENDOUS CHILD
ASK ME ABOUT MY ANIMES

SplitSoul posted:

Nobody answered, so I'll try again: My emblem is a garbled, yellow mess, instead of the proud purple BOSS eagle. Is there any way to fix this?

There is a post about this on the Rockstar Forums, involving stuff like reinstalling the patch and clearing your cache. I advise on waiting it out.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"
Cars you own don't matter. You get a selection of cars you can just use when you pick a class.

no more books
Aug 4, 2011
What's everyone's opinons on free aim vs. assisted aiming? I turned on free aim a while ago because I was kind of soured by the idea of people auto aim killing me as a I drove by, but the more missions I play with free aim the more I'm convinced this game was just balanced with assisted aiming in mind. I don't think I'll ever be able to kill 15+ NPCs with insane accuracy and impeccable situational awareness in the dark while I'm using free aim

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
I'm looking to replace either my Sandking (it doesn't do what it should do: be fast, own the road and plow everyone else out of the way) or Sheriff SUV with a muscle car, what are the recommended that have good mods and a secondary color, as well as being generally good cars?

Ara
Oct 18, 2003

I got five and a half minute solo Base Invaders (on easy) down to an art tonight, I failed once in like 12 times. On easy the reward is still $25,000 but the RP says 1000 on the reward screen and 700 on the voting screen, so who knows. The one the guy posted before was too much of a pain in the rear end, so I adapted it to be much simpler and instantly repeatable. It required little enough attention that I mostly watched Youtube while doing it.

Start at the Sandy Shores airfield. Land at the near end of the base runway. There's two soldiers to the right of the far right jet. Line up a sniper shot to kill them both at the same time. If they both die instantly with a single bullet, nobody will be alerted (thus easy mode. If you had a heavy sniper, you could do the same with hard probably). Run up behind the far right jet and throw a sticky bomb at it. Get into the Jeep next to the jet. Ignore all of the enemies and drive by both of the other jets and throw sticky bombs onto them. Beeline straight into the hangar, park directly to the right of the Cargobob. I've never been damaged once I've gotten in, I guess it's well-armored. Fly out and detonate the sticky bombs. You can instantly restart because you'll be back at Sandy Shores airfield.

The only time I failed was because for some reason a truck was parked right in front of the Cargobob when I got there and it exploded when I moved it. Also sometimes you won't even get hit with this method, but it's best to buy armor since a couple times I got down to half health even after starting with armor.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

NattyBo posted:

Last night a buddy and I were exchanging wins on 1 lap of Criminal Records, more so to unlock car mods.

Other than doing that, what do people mean by RP grinding on that map? At level 27 I was getting +625 for winning the race and significantly less than that for coming in 2nd to my friend on the off races, but is there more RP to be earned?

Some kind of careful mix of slipstream, passes and etc. to max RP.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Slayer1597 posted:

There is a post about this on the Rockstar Forums, involving stuff like reinstalling the patch and clearing your cache. I advise on waiting it out.

Yeah, not doing that. But thanks.

no more books posted:

What's everyone's opinons on free aim vs. assisted aiming? I turned on free aim a while ago because I was kind of soured by the idea of people auto aim killing me as a I drove by, but the more missions I play with free aim the more I'm convinced this game was just balanced with assisted aiming in mind. I don't think I'll ever be able to kill 15+ NPCs with insane accuracy and impeccable situational awareness in the dark while I'm using free aim

I once joined a goon on Violent Duct and it switched me to free aim.

Never again.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

no more books posted:

This game was definitely balanced around assisted aiming.

I personally think that you should not be able to auto-aim at someone in a vehicle. This would improve the game immensely.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Lunethex posted:

I'm looking to replace either my Sandking (it doesn't do what it should do: be fast, own the road and plow everyone else out of the way) or Sheriff SUV with a muscle car, what are the recommended that have good mods and a secondary color, as well as being generally good cars?

The only muscle cars with a secondary (stripe) are the Gauntlet, Dominator, Sabre, and Phoenix. The Sabre is occurs most commonly in the world, so every level 1-10 player has one. Dominator is next most common and I have that one, because it has great power for how little it slides around. The Gauntlet is probably comparable and might even slide around a little less. The Phoenix is the weakest accelerating and slides all over the place, but is the coolest looking.

me your dad posted:

Question about trading race wins with a friend. My buddy has a lower level character with a lower level car than mine (mine is a Carbonazzara or whatever). We want to game some races to earn car mods. What settings do I need the "Vehicle" on in order to make this work?

Criminal Record race, 3 laps, super car class, traffic on, wanted levels on. Pick any car. Drive slowly the first lap around, trading off overtakes for 1st place (don't hit anything for a clean lap bonus), stretch the lap out to about 40 seconds. Next lap race faster, still trading overtakes and slip streaming each other when possible. At the end of this lap, with the overtakes and lap record bonus, you should hit max RP for the activity. If not, keep racing and trading overtakes for the last lap. You should get just over two full bars of RP during the race.

Zaa Boogie posted:

Cars you own don't matter. You get a selection of cars you can just use when you pick a class.

Except that you can use custom cars you own within that class of vehicles.

Slim Killington fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Oct 15, 2013

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!
My kingdom for an Ocelot F620 spawn. I swear, if I see one more Fusillade :argh:

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Free Aim is total poo poo because of the Pistol-sniping enemy NPCs more than the players themselves.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Missed lost connection: styopen, you killed those two guys a whole bunch while I flew you around, unfortunately my internet went out while I was at the helm & I can only imagine what happened after I got kicked :(

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Free Aim makes complete sense in death matches (even though I do about 100% worse that way), but in missions it's terrible because the AI rarely misses. Either there needs to be an option to only turn on Free Aim in PVP, or the AI's accuracy needs to be brought down a bit.

Slayer1597
Nov 6, 2008

TREMENDOUS CHILD
ASK ME ABOUT MY ANIMES

The Midniter posted:

This game was definitely balanced around assisted aiming.

I personally think that you should not be able to auto-aim at someone in a vehicle. This would improve the game immensely.

The problem is that when you try to snap aim on someone coming to kill you, you will always seem to snap to a random civillian. They need to make players the Priority. (Yes I know that sounds terrible)

EDIT: also, to whoever was asking about emblems. I was saying to wait it out. Not to reset your poo poo.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Slayer1597 posted:

The problem is that when you try to snap aim on someone coming to kill you, you will always seem to snap to a random civillian. They need to make players the Priority. (Yes I know that sounds terrible)

It doesn't, it's absolutely true. You can grief the poo poo out of people by pulling a horde of cops with you to kill them, because they will never be able to target you. I've been shot by a fucker right next to me because I couldn't untarget cops across the steet. And don't even think about trying to free aim from a locked on target, watching the view sloooooowly creep over.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

Slim Killington posted:

Except that you can use custom cars you own within that class of vehicles.

Oh, I know, but the way he seemed to be asking I thought he imagined you were *only* able to use your custom cars.

Dang, I need 29 more race wins to unlock everything.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Slim Killington posted:

It doesn't, it's absolutely true. You can grief the poo poo out of people by pulling a horde of cops with you to kill them, because they will never be able to target you. I've been shot by a fucker right next to me because I couldn't untarget cops across the steet. And don't even think about trying to free aim from a locked on target, watching the view sloooooowly creep over.

I'm going to blow minds here.

Don't pull the aiming trigger (LT) all the way into the controller. If you use less than full pressure, the game doesn't lock on to anything at all. It isn't ideal but it is better than nothing.

I imagine PS3 users have to use L2/R2 to get the same functionality.

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

SpaceBanditos posted:

But you can't buy a buzzard until level 42 and the tank doesn't unlock for purchase until 70? Unless they can be bought sooner.. in which case sign me the hell up because I'm 52 and wan't that tank.

Didn't know that! I guess the glitching isn't as bad as I thought then.

Greenplastic fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Oct 15, 2013

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
So does anyone have more than one character on GTA V online? I haven't tried yet because I'm afraid of character deletion.

Also, if the above does work, does a bad sport rating apply across all characters, or just the one you got the rating with?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Spoon Man posted:

I assume the BF Dune Buggy doesn't exist in GTA Online or it is, at the very least, the rarest vehicle. I can't even get a single search result hit of someone referencing it outside of single player or stock choices in an offroad race.

The point was calculating the max return on selling cars legitimately without glitching involved. I had a modded car unexplainedly duped in my garage and sold the extra one for just under 90k too. In fact, it's happened 2 or three times. I want my garage in order, damnit! (the bonus money doesn't hurt)

The rank 70 Trevor mission “Chopper Tail” features dune buggies.

You can usually go to your garage mid‐mission, so if the buggy can be stored in a garage at all, you should be able to get one from the mission.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

So does anyone have more than one character on GTA V online? I haven't tried yet because I'm afraid of character deletion.

Also, if the above does work, does a bad sport rating apply across all characters, or just the one you got the rating with?

I have two characters, though I only played the second through the first race. Your player rating is attached to your account, not character.

Smoke Crack
Apr 6, 2009

Oh, sure, sure. I know you. You're gonna keep on saying I'm suave and sophisticated, and then when I start to believe it, then you're gonna say how pointy head I have, and how floppy arms I have, and how dull I am, I know you.
Why do people keep killing me in GTAO?!?!? :smithicide:

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/1oi2s3/every_random_on_every_gta_game_i_join_im_getting/

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

ravenkult posted:

Sup buddy. That dude riding the train was loving crazy, I didn't know you could do that.
Challenge accepted.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Slim Killington posted:

I have two characters, though I only played the second through the first race. Your player rating is attached to your account, not character.

drat, I hoping to find a way to give sticky bombs to some level 1 burner characters, and go to town on player owned cars.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I'm level 33. How do I start a Base Invaders game? It doesn't show up on my job list, and I never get an invite to it from anyone. Is it gone forever once I do it once?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Call Ron on your phone every three minutes.

Reo
Apr 11, 2003

That'll do, Carlos.
That'll do.

A while back someone posted the best 4 person stealable car. Anyone remember which one it was? I've been searching the thread with no luck.

It wasn't the Ocelot Jackal, and it was some luxury brand, not a muscle car.

Edit: I don't think it was the Ubermacht Oracle either, but hell, maybe it was.

Reo fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Oct 15, 2013

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

Zaa Boogie posted:

Oh, I know, but the way he seemed to be asking I thought he imagined you were *only* able to use your custom cars.

Dang, I need 29 more race wins to unlock everything.

I thought wins had to be achieved within the same class of cars as your own vehicle. Since I likely drive a higher-tier vehicle, I wasn't sure if the wins would count for us without changing the class each race.

So say he drives an entry level sedan and I'm in my Carbonazzara. If I set the vehicle class to match my car, will he still get credit toward races won for his car mods?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Reo posted:

A while back someone posted the best 4 person stealable car. Anyone remember which one it was? I've been searching the thread with no luck.

Lampadati Felon is the best stealable. Best purchasable is Debauchee Exemplar. They are basically the same though(they are both awesome).

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

me your dad posted:

I thought wins had to be achieved within the same class of cars as your own vehicle. Since I likely drive a higher-tier vehicle, I wasn't sure if the wins would count for us without changing the class each race.

So say he drives an entry level sedan and I'm in my Carbonazzara. If I set the vehicle class to match my car, will he still get credit toward races won for his car mods?

Fortunately it's bugged at the moment so it doesn't matter. Wins apply to all classes.

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

Praseodymi posted:

Fortunately it's bugged at the moment so it doesn't matter. Wins apply to all classes.

Sweet, thanks!

Any idea how it will work once it's fixed?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Reo posted:

I like the Oracle and the Sultan better, but on paper the best is the Felon.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Tried this again today and I'm still being put in completely empty servers. One or two people max join occasionally, but such an empty world isn't condusive to fun. It can't be just me can it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

nasboat posted:

Slayer1597 posted:

We were thinking that you just have to complete the race really fast and that the slipstreaming had nothing to do with it. They also stealth patched the RP you get from it so you can only max out at like 4k? or something.

Slipstreaming happens when you're following within a certain distance of another car. It will start drawing lines behind the car in front if you continue to stay behind them and make a sound like a tea kettle starting to get up to temp and start whistling. It will be increasing your speed until you are going faster than the lead car and pass them. Typically this happens to me right at a corner and I get flung off the track. You have to hold it for 5 seconds(basically the time it takes to get up to speed to overtake) to get credit. It has nothing to do with the Catch Up setting.

Easiest way to get it to happen would just be to drive identical cars on a large track with lots of straightaways to pass back and forth.

• Locked thread