Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Rahonavis posted:

Pikablu the Azumarill - 32, Female, Thick Fat, Mild, "Takes plenty of Siestas", Bubblebeam, Aqua Ring, Bounce, Charm.

:allears: This is adorable. I should check to see if any of mine take siestas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

The Shortest Path posted:

Has anyone definitively confirmed if tipping does something yet? I usually give people 100 if I dont blaze through their dialogue too fast, but I hope I'm not missing out on something important by not giving them more.

The rumor is tipping contributes to a hidden statistic that increases the chance you'll find a shiny pokemon. The absurd amount of people in this thread claiming to have found shinies supports this anecdotally, but :shrug:

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Unbound posted:

I don't know. That Stance Change ability can really leave you with your pants down if you mess up just a little. Those extra points in Def and Sp. Def really do come in handy.

It strikes me as very difficult to "mess up" the stance change, given that Aegislash will always attack last and King's Shield is priority.

It's relatively simple math when it comes to DEF vs HP. Increasing the lower HP total has a far higher percentage return on survival than either of the defenses.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Emalde posted:

It strikes me as very difficult to "mess up" the stance change, given that Aegislash will always attack last and King's Shield is priority.

It's relatively simple math when it comes to DEF vs HP. Increasing the lower HP total has a far higher percentage return on survival than either of the defenses.

I use Automize over Swords Dance, probably mistake number one. Sometimes I think that I am fast enough, and then nope.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------
^^ you don't want speed, since you change forme right before you attack, you want the enemy to hit you while you are in shield form, attack in blade forme, then before the enemy has the chance to hit you with your pants down, use Kings Shield's priority status to go back to shield forme

Sade posted:

The rumor is tipping contributes to a hidden statistic that increases the chance you'll find a shiny pokemon. The absurd amount of people in this thread claiming to have found shinies supports this anecdotally, but :shrug:

I mean, if it makes him feel better, I have only given out 100p tips myself and found a Shiny Onyx in Glittering Cave while searching for a Mawile

NextTime000 fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Oct 15, 2013

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Unbound posted:

I use Automize over Swords Dance, probably mistake number one. Sometimes I think that I am fast enough, and then nope.

Goldeen has a higher base speed than Aegislash.

Automize isn't going to do much for you at all.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

My Azumarill only has 4 points of Speed over my Aegislash :v: Dude still manages to outspeed some of these NPC trainer pokés.

Nendil
Apr 4, 2005

3D movies are the dumbest fad since pull-ups.
Just wanted to inform you all about the best shiny ever.

Found him on day 2 while hunting for a female Eevee. Now he punches things really hard and flies me everywhere :swoon:

(And I can even fix his bad ability eventually to make him punch things even more harder! :swoon:)

Fake edit: And I am not a very good tipper, soooo :shrug:

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I know at least a few goons are using Malamar, which move set are you guys using? I'm having trouble narrowing it down.

Nendil posted:

Found him on day 2 while hunting for a female Eevee. Now he punches things really hard and flies me everywhere :swoon:

(And I can even fix his bad ability eventually to make him punch things even more harder! :swoon:)

Man that's awesome. I've been tipping everyone 1000 Pokedollars and all I got was a shiny Foongus :saddowns:

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
OK, I already found 6 of each gen3,4 and 5 fossils on the glittering cave and not a single dome fossil. Can I even get them on X?

HeyItsAyls
Nov 25, 2011

Serebii says X gets the Gen III fossils while Y gets the Gen I fossils.

Nickname Pending
Jan 2, 2008

I learned how to play beer pong from the Prince of Uganda at a university party.
Is there any thing of note in terminius cave? I mostly went for the dusk stone, but I don't want to leave if there is anything else good.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Nickname Pending posted:

Is there any thing of note in terminius cave? I mostly went for the dusk stone, but I don't want to leave if there is anything else good.

There is a Post-game 'mon in there. Zygarde.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

nerdz posted:

OK, I already found 6 of each gen3,4 and 5 fossils on the glittering cave and not a single dome fossil. Can I even get them on X?

What? We can get fossils other than Old Amber from breaking rocks in there?

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

HeyItsAyls posted:

Serebii says X gets the Gen III fossils while Y gets the Gen I fossils.

Best version confirmed for Y.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Mega Venasaur is a horrible tyrant of a pokemon and he just destroys everything. Thick Fat is the best ability ever.

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

Unbound posted:

Or as I like to call him Sir there is definitely going to be a Z version.

Nickname Pending
Jan 2, 2008

I learned how to play beer pong from the Prince of Uganda at a university party.

Unbound posted:

No good TM's or anything?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Nickname Pending posted:

I'm saving my Dusk Stone for Misdreavus when I can finally get one in case I have zero luck with the Super Training.

Why didn't Game Freak put it in there? :smith:

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Nickname Pending posted:

Not that I remember getting.

Gyre
Feb 25, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

I know at least a few goons are using Malamar, which move set are you guys using? I'm having trouble narrowing it down.

Malamar has surprisingly poo poo Sp. Attack for a Psychic mon, so grab Psycho Cut when it comes up. Right now I have mine rolling with Psycho Cut, Foul Play, Payback, and Psybeam (because I haven't got anything better yet).

Nickname Pending
Jan 2, 2008

Unbound posted:

Not that I remember getting.

In that case, where can I pick up earthquake and flamethrower?

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Help Im Alive posted:

Man that's awesome. I've been tipping everyone 1000 Pokedollars and all I got was a shiny Foongus :saddowns:

Today I learned Golurk can fly. So, he's just Gigantor?

Or Tetsujin 28, I guess, if you bought that fedora.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Nickname Pending posted:

There is a TM, I think. You need Rock Smash to get to it.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Nendil posted:

You picked the best nickname too

Tardigrade
Jul 13, 2012

Half arthropod, half marshmallow, all cute.

Gyre posted:

Malamar has surprisingly poo poo Sp. Attack for a Psychic mon, so grab Psycho Cut when it comes up. Right now I have mine rolling with Psycho Cut, Foul Play, Payback, and Psybeam (because I haven't got anything better yet).

Malamar gets Superpower (at level 1, I think?), which is hilarious with Contrary. Superpower, Psycho Cut, Foul Play, Night Slash, etc. are all viable.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Are all the fossils in the glittering cave? I left after an old amber and I don't wanna hafta ride the slow rhydon back there!

Also is there anything for beating sky trainers? Seems like a needless complication gimmick.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Gyre posted:

Yeah I made the mistake of training my Malamar in Sp. Attack but despite all that his Attack is almost just as high. It's probably better to just train him in straight attack.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Nickname Pending posted:

In that case, where can I pick up earthquake and flamethrower?

Flamethrower is a Hex Maniac in Anistar's Pokémon Center when you speak to her in the Afternoon.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Nickname Pending posted:

Shadow Ball is in Terminus Cave. It's plainly visible, you just need to get down to where it is.

Earthquake is on Route 22. Flamethrower is one of the TMs given by a person in the Poke Center in the 7th gym town. She asks you to come back at different times in the day. Going by day/afternoon I got Flamethrower, then later I came back in the evening and got Substitute. She's implied there are others she will give at other times, I'm not sure what times those are though.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Bruceski posted:

Are all the fossils in the glittering cave? I left after an old amber and I don't wanna hafta ride the slow rhydon back there!

Also is there anything for beating sky trainers? Seems like a needless complication gimmick.

Apparently, there are other fossils in there, although I'm not sure if they're post-game or just super rare. Either way, I found about 10 old ambers before I gave up and carried on my way.

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

Apparently, there are other fossils in there, although I'm not sure if they're post-game or just super rare. Either way, I found about 10 old ambers before I gave up and carried on my way.

The other fossils are post game and version dependent.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
From what I can tell, it looks like the power training items give their EVs in addition to the opposing pokemon EVs instead of in place of their EVs. So this makes the old way of EV training basically nonviable.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

How do you get an Old Amber out of glittering cave? I didn't find a single one.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Traded a female Bulbasaur for a Xerneas, hopefully I can get a Moltres and Articuno from equally silly trades and finish my legendary collection for now.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Does anyone know where you can change Rotom's form? Google is giving me nothing.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Electric Phantasm posted:

Does anyone know where you can change Rotom's form? Google is giving me nothing.

it's on the second floor of the lab in lumiose.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Use Rock Smash on the rocks on the bottom floor.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

You have to keep rock smashing. It only spawns at a fairly low rate though so be prepared to leave and re enter the final chamber a bunch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Okay, I'll have to go back in at some point then. Thanks.

Do repels negate the chance for pokemon to jump out of the rocks at you, or only random encounters from being in the cave?

• Locked thread