Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Podsport Castpunchers: Without using any actual announcers name your announce desk Dream Team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JOSEPH SAMOAN
Jun 13, 2010

Is there any reason not to skip Granny segments wholesale? I finally got around to signing up to F4W a little while back and I've given shows with Granny a few tries and they seem to always come down to be a sweet old lady talking about totally uninteresting things.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
It hurts her feeling if you skip them. She's 83!

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Reaverbot posted:

Is there any reason not to skip Granny segments wholesale? I finally got around to signing up to F4W a little while back and I've given shows with Granny a few tries and they seem to always come down to be a sweet old lady talking about totally uninteresting things.

Skip them until someone posts "my god last night's granny segment was hilarious!!!!" and then you listen to them awhile, and then skip them and then someone posts "my god last night's granny segment..."

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.
I've found the best course of action when it comes to Granny segments is to skip them unless they are contest episodes. Contest episodes are almost always fun.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
The latest Granny segment is the first time..in a long time..that I wanted to skip through it

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

It was worth it to hear Vinny upset that he missed a Nelson concert.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The smartphone bit was loving incredible

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

sportsgenius86 posted:

The smartphone bit was loving incredible

I especially loved Bryan acting all smug about knowing that Granny said "8MP" when she meant "AMP". What she saw was the back of her phone where the camera is saying "8MP" as in 8 megapixels.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
First SNCJ in a month.

Iskanderson
Apr 16, 2009
If you like Joe Gagne and Justin Shapiro recapping the WWF in the '90s, they just recorded a podcast about the first half of 1995. It's pretty drat good!

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
A new JVTW? Awesome!

edit: And more hilariously amateur sound quality!

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Reaverbot posted:

If you have been listening from the beginning, you can see her segments like a science experiment. Her speech and cognitive skills have slowly been getting worse since the beginning of the show. It could also be her hearing, which leads to her responses to being more terse. It is a little sad in a way.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

"Actually, I just got back from a Pokemon event in Manhattan"

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

So Attitude Era Podcast done their 24-hour wrestling game marathon and raised £1,331.74 ($2125.32)!

Also, Kevin shaved his beard off since they reached a grand.

I want someone to make a "Leave the Memories Alone" montage for the beard.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

VogeGandire posted:

So Attitude Era Podcast done their 24-hour wrestling game marathon and raised £1,331.74 ($2125.32)!

Tell Me A Lie

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

VogeGandire posted:

If they raised £1,331 & the only result was that The Worst Beard disappeared, I'd say it was money well spent. Helping the sick kiddies is a nice bonus.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

GoutPatrol posted:

If you have been listening from the beginning, you can see her segments like a science experiment. Her speech and cognitive skills have slowly been getting worse since the beginning of the show. It could also be her hearing, which leads to her responses to being more terse. It is a little sad in a way.

I've never heard any of the Granny segments, but I think it's incredibly cool that a woman her age is a regular feature on a podcast of any kind.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Karmine and I, and for some reason, Oatgan, were bullshitting in Skype one evening and decided to finally try our hand at a podcast. After a none-too-terrible 0 edition of the show, we took the dive and chatted about important things in wrestling. Who needs a push? Who needs to be brought up from nXt? gently caress/Marry/Kill with wrestlers! What's your favorite match post-2000? A brief rundown of Battleground and Raw and all the attention TNA deserves, and some other poo poo.

We're getting our feet wet with this edition, and we do hope you like it. The intent is, after another show, maybe two, that we start bringing a different forth person on to guest each episode, because really, the only community in mind when making this show is PSP, and we want to hear directly from the million dissenting voices on this here forum. And because like the moment we tweeted we were doing a podcast we got a bunch of people offering their services, so hell, why not? If you wanna be on in the future, just tweet me (I'm @Manflurry!). All you need is Skype.

So without further ado, introducing the Wrestlehut Pisscast Episode 1! We'll figure out the whole iTunes thing soon so nerds like Joey McChrist can listen on their phone.

http://tindeck.com/listen/mlxy

Also Karmine and I and like 5 other people recorded another show where we read erotic wrestling fanfiction but I'm still not sure if that's ever going to see the light of day....

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Cool

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

[citation needed]

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Karmine and I, and for some reason, Oatgan, were bullshitting in Skype one evening and decided to finally try our hand at a podcast. After a none-too-terrible 0 edition of the show, we took the dive and chatted about important things in wrestling. Who needs a push? Who needs to be brought up from nXt? gently caress/Marry/Kill with wrestlers! What's your favorite match post-2000? A brief rundown of Battleground and Raw and all the attention TNA deserves, and some other poo poo.

We're getting our feet wet with this edition, and we do hope you like it. The intent is, after another show, maybe two, that we start bringing a different forth person on to guest each episode, because really, the only community in mind when making this show is PSP, and we want to hear directly from the million dissenting voices on this here forum. And because like the moment we tweeted we were doing a podcast we got a bunch of people offering their services, so hell, why not? If you wanna be on in the future, just tweet me (I'm @Manflurry!). All you need is Skype.

So without further ado, introducing the Wrestlehut Pisscast Episode 1! We'll figure out the whole iTunes thing soon so nerds like Joey McChrist can listen on their phone.

http://tindeck.com/listen/mlxy

Also Karmine and I and like 5 other people recorded another show where we read erotic wrestling fanfiction but I'm still not sure if that's ever going to see the light of day....

WCW Rises at least needs to be released. That and Sheamonnaise.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

The Shaman of Cum posted:

[citation needed]

:eek:

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
Definitely going to give this a listen. Sounds like it'll be good.

EDIT: You're all wrong. The best top rope move is obviously the Flying Nothing.

Draga fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Oct 14, 2013

TylerReksNEffect
Dec 24, 2005

HARD GAY
Literally the worst pisscast I have ever watched. I mean the video didn't even work.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
No Rarity, no buys

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Rarity posted:

No Rarity, no buys
Its a free show though!

TylerReksNEffect posted:

Literally the worst pisscast I have ever watched. I mean the video didn't even work.
The vid cast is for premium subscribers only.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Is it just me or is tindeck a piece of poo poo for streaming podcasts these days?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

I usually download because their player is terrible

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

oatgan posted:

I usually download because their player is terrible

Yeah it won't let me do that either :(

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Rarity posted:

Yeah it won't let me do that either :(

http://www.mediafire.com/download/0bp1k27ggakc22w/Pisscast_1.mp3

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

Pisscast: gently caress you, Backstage Assault is one of the best wrestling games to ever exist

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Hey Pisscast let me know when you do the Buff Bagwell episode and I'll be the special guest.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

sk posted:

Pisscast: gently caress you, Backstage Assault is one of the best wrestling games to ever exist

I agree but they bullied me and I panicked and changed my answer. :(

Thanks everyone for listening, by the way. We've had like, way more listeners than I figured would be interested in yet another wrestling podcast, so that's pretty cool. We'll have show 2 out soon, then I'm actually going to edit that loving awful erotic fanfiction show we recorded a few days ago, and then hopefully the three of us will have established enough of a repertoire that we can start filling the forth chair. So here's to that.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

good podcast even if it left me with the unshakeable urge to urinate

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

If you have any questions for the show, feel free to send them to one of us on Twitter, or post it here. It could be anything from a simple yes or no question, to something requiring more discussion.

Also if your question is good enough, it doesn't necessarily have to be about wrestling.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

oatgan posted:

If you have any questions for the show, feel free to send them to one of us on Twitter, or post it here. It could be anything from a simple yes or no question, to something requiring more discussion.

Also if your question is good enough, it doesn't necessarily have to be about wrestling.

is it true eddie guerro is alive and coming back at hell in the cell, whats the truth on this or is it a very good look alike fooney?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Pisscast: If you could cast a Fantasy season of Total Divas with wrestling ladies from the past or present, living or dead, who would you cast and why? Maybe talk about some potential storylines or whatnot. Please spend at least 1/3 of this segment talking about butts.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

3 seconds into the pisscast, this music rules.

Also 10 count will be done at a later date due to BARF reasons. Major apologies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
I enjoyed the pisscount, you fellows did a fine job! I'll look forward to listening to more in the future.

• Locked thread