Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Wait, so if you have an Imposter Ditto.... you can get any non legendary Hidden ability in the game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

Emalde posted:

Get a ditto in there and spread the love. I seriously want a Protean Greninja :swoon:

Guess what I'm doing right now. Incidentally it looks like males can only pass on hidden abilities to with ditto, regular girls don't work.

HeyItsAyls
Nov 25, 2011

quote:

2. Imposter Ditto breeds Hidden Abilities

:stare:

One of my Friend Safaris gives me Imposter Dittos... Welp, time to stay on Route 7 for eternity.

Another little change that hasn't been noted: Oblivious now also makes the Pokémon immune to taunts as well as attraction.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream
Sound based moves ignore subtitute? Chatter is a 100% confuse rate?

Chatot #1 buffed Pokemon of the generation.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Is it still impossible to get a Contrary Snivy?

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Sorry if this was answered already, but what the hell does a black SPA tag to the right of the level on a traded 'mon mean? Just got a Shelmet with this via Wonder Trade and I have no drat idea what's up.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

DoctorStrangelove posted:

With all of these changes, not anymore! Although you still need a source of Snivy currently before Pokebank goes live.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Not anymore if that Imposter Ditto thing is true! Literally every breedable pokemon's hidden ability will be available.

404GoonNotFound posted:

Sorry if this was answered already, but what the hell does a black SPA tag to the right of the level on a traded 'mon mean? Just got a Shelmet with this via Wonder Trade and I have no drat idea what's up.

That means the original trainer is from Spain.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

404GoonNotFound posted:

I assume it's the same as the JPN tag but for Spanish countries?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Do all Safaris have the exact same pokemon over and over?

i.e. I added someone with a Frogadier in their safari, but all I'm getting are Male Torrent Frogadiers.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Zurai posted:

Not anymore if that Imposter Ditto thing is true! Literally every breedable pokemon's hidden ability will be available.

That means the original trainer is from Spain.

Oh, that's all? gently caress that, back into the Wonder Trade Slot Machine you go! Already got a Charmander and a Goomy from this thing today, wanna keep this going.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

quote:

Sound-based moves ignore Substitute

Too bad most (all?) sound based moves are normal and thus thrash outside of STAB. And Exploud is pretty bad as well.

maketakunai
Jan 11, 2006

What do you mean,
"it's only a game"?!

Ernutetnoiraud posted:

i.e. I added someone with a Frogadier in their safari, but all I'm getting are Male Torrent Frogadiers.

Serebii says:

quote:

With each person, you get up to three Pokémon within each specific area,
* with more Pokémon appearing should the person have defeated the Elite Four,
* with them getting Hidden Abilities if the player has been online at the same time as you.

It also appears that the Pokémon found within the Friend Safari have got two IVs of 31.
I think it's two Pokemon per area with +1 if they've beaten the Elite Four. I don't know how true the Hidden Abilities thing is, though.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Ernutetnoiraud posted:

Does the Safari have two or three Pokemon available?

The way the Friend Safari seems to work is that if your friend hasn't beaten the Elite Four, the Safari has two Pokemon, if they have, it has three and they have a chance to have Hidden Abilities.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

HeyItsAyls posted:

:stare:

One of my Friend Safaris gives me Imposter Dittos... Welp, time to stay on Route 7 for eternity.

Send them around so we can get this ranch rolling~ :shepface:

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007
N'thing the males can pass down hidden abilities. Handing out the extra torchics out on wonder trade.

On a related note: what is the most easily accessible flame body poke?

John Carstairs
Nov 18, 2007
Space Detective

qnqnx posted:

Too bad most (all?) sound based moves are normal and thus thrash outside of STAB. And Exploud is pretty bad as well.

...they didn't put in some way to get Boomburst on Gardevoir for some ungodly reason, did they? Pixilate.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...
Where is the guy to check IVs with in this game? I just started caring about these when I got a great Larvitar a couple days before X/Y came out.

Inudeku
Jul 13, 2008
Is spheal available this Gen at all before December? Walrein is my poke bro and I want him bad!

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Random Japanese Larvesta :toot:
Man, the Wonder Trade slot machine is hot today.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

John Carstairs posted:

...they didn't put in some way to get Boomburst on Gardevoir for some ungodly reason, did they? Pixilate.

Amaura gets Round. Dunno if it gets any other sound moves.

Kuhmondo
Jul 2, 2009

lokipunk posted:

N'thing the males can pass down hidden abilities. Handing out the extra torchics out on wonder trade.

Fletchinder, first evo of Flechting at lvl 16 gains flame body.

Also regarding Rotom, how the hell do we get the trash cans to shake? Is it like shaking grass? Can I pop a drat repel and still get it to shake?

Kuhmondo fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Oct 15, 2013

HeyItsAyls
Nov 25, 2011

Emalde posted:

Send them around so we can get this ranch rolling~ :shepface:

I didn't catch it. I already had a Ditto and didn't see the point. Currently running around trying to find one now.

Though I can confirm what Serebii says. These Minccino now have Skill Link sometimes, which is nice.

EDIT: And an Impostor Ditto appeared the second I post this. Quick Ball go!

Nevileen
Jan 4, 2008
Omg you guys

I just found out you can pet your pokemon after a battle! Like, right after they knock out the last pokemon, wiggle your stylus on the screen. A hand will pop up and pet your pokemon and they'll make a heart! No clue if it needs a maxed out pokemon in pokemon-amie or what, but holy poo poo I LOVE all the little details they put into this game.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

lokipunk posted:

Flectinder. Get a fletchling up to 16.

John Carstairs
Nov 18, 2007
Space Detective

Zurai posted:

Amaura gets Round. Dunno if it gets any other sound moves.

Ah, yes. I had forgotten about all the similar abilities for other types. Fairy stuck out because it's all shiny and new.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

lokipunk posted:

If you don't want to evolve anything, Slugma is also available. I think it's on the rocky road before Glittering Cave?

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Oh hey MegaGardevoir has a reason to use Hyper Voice now.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

404GoonNotFound posted:

Oh, that's all? gently caress that, back into the Wonder Trade Slot Machine you go! Already got a Charmander and a Goomy from this thing today, wanna keep this going.

Wow, way to not care about collecting foreign language pokedex entries. Any language that isn't Japanese is pretty difficult to get hold of

e. Also, it doesn't matter where the trainer is from. It only matters what language they elected to play the game in.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

What is Tyrunt's egg group? I've got a female one, and I don't want to wait until I'm able to catch Ditto.

Behonkiss
Feb 10, 2005
Does anyone know where to go after visiting the Fossil Lab in Ambrette Town? The characters might have said something then, but I had to put the game down for two days and can't remember any particular hints.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Behonkiss posted:

Does anyone know where to go after visiting the Fossil Lab in Ambrette Town? The characters might have said something then, but I had to put the game down for two days and can't remember any particular hints.

Go out the back door of the aquarium and north along the beach.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Zuzie posted:

What is Tyrunt's egg group? I've got a female one, and I don't want to wait until I'm able to catch Ditto.

We don't know yet, but good odds on it being in the Dragon Egg Group.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Zuzie posted:

Monster or dragon or something. I bred it with an Axew and I think I could have with Charmeleon.

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007
Holy poo poo I just hatched a shiny torchic with speed boost :O Too bad it is a gentle nature.

Mischitary
Oct 9, 2007
Just finished the Team Flare storyline. This is probably the best Pokemon game, I think. Mainly because there are such a metric gently caress-ton of Pokemon, obtainable, before you even defeat the Elite Four. As I was playing through the game, I was in disbelief at all the Pokemon in this game. Also, the battles are faster than ever, and even using the old guys isn't bad because they look so awesome in 3D.

Another thing: Gardevoir is just so goddamn good in this game. I went into the game not knowing the ins-and-outs of the Fairy type, but Fairy/Psychic is such a potent combination.

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Look! A door! This must mean something!
Hawlucha is pretty nuts. I decided to go through the power plant with my partial HM bitch (fly and rock smash) one at front to try to get him some levels (and because I'd feel terrible if I never used Flying Press with a pokemon named Rey Mysterio), and he went from level 28 to level 35 in that run, since the only thing that took him out was the final scientist had her mightyena use roar.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
How should I spend my EVs on Venusaur? I do plan to use his Mega-Evolution.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Emalde posted:

With all of these changes, not anymore! Although you still need a source of Snivy currently before Pokebank goes live.

Supposedly they have changed some pokemon's hidden abilities (Chandelure). It may turn out that Snivy's too has been changed, since DW Snivy isn't legitimately available in Gen 5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"
Threw up a Bisharp and a Klefki with weird natures up on wonder trade, got two Luvdiscs back :argh:

• Locked thread