Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

Oraculum Animi posted:

No crafting daily from Tempest Bay, that I know of, gives either Lycini or Torvan.

Only reason I think Crafting Rifts might give Lycini is all rifts do. I can't really check as I'm maxed out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

necrotic posted:

Only reason I think Crafting Rifts might give Lycini is all rifts in SL zones do. I can't really check as I'm maxed out.

ftfy. Also the weekly world boss quests and quests and carnages in Pelladane and Cape Jule give Lycini rep.

Torvan is from a limited number of quests (the hunt chain as well as hunt dailies) as well as GHunts and Strongholds.

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011
warden thrax is the best loving fight in the game

Silly Newbie
Jul 25, 2007
How do I?
I'm still having trouble deciding what class to play (52 rogue, 48 mage and war, 32 cleric), since I like being able to do anything, but I'm finding that having a gently caress off big 2 hander really appeals to me. Anyone have any advice re: war or cleric?
I'll probably never raid, if that's a concern, and I enjoy tanking and healing as much as DPS. I really wish war or cleric had a support soul that played as much fun as bard or tac, but I can't get over how much I hate rogue weapons and armor.
Also, anyone have links to guides that might explain why defiler is so important, or how to play beastmaster?

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
Ultane: DEAD! Only 2 attempts tonight, first one was alright but the second one was really good.

http://www.twitch.tv/philmiller/c/3080311

edit: wow the quality on this is pretty bad... doesn't help that it's 2k scaled down to 1080p

Sneeing Emu
Dec 5, 2003
Brother, my eyes
This game looks neat, and I'm liking the free to play model. I started a rogue, looking for an invite, Varastaja.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

necrotic posted:

Ultane: DEAD! Only 2 attempts tonight, first one was alright but the second one was really good.

http://www.twitch.tv/philmiller/c/3080311

edit: wow the quality on this is pretty bad... doesn't help that it's 2k scaled down to 1080p

Grats!

shut up gelly posted:

warden thrax is the best loving fight in the game

That's a pretty foolhardy claim considering that Rusila Dreadblade was a thing.

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

Zoness posted:

Grats!

That's a pretty foolhardy claim considering that Rusila Dreadblade was a thing.

nope

repeatedly killing/being killed by that one person you don't like with suppression/chain gang is way more fun than it should be and also the best outlet for all of our passive aggression

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine
<3 How they are rebranding another server merge as a 'server unification' good stuff.

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

The other cluster was dead anyway, good riddance.

ps Zoness we might make you tank tonight, get good please :v:

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

I posted a "Trail of Tears" painting in the unification thread. I hope I don't get banned from the forums :ohdear:

e:
pg2 we get this:

quote:

No patron should ever have their name changed over a f2p player with the same name.

I expected it sooner.

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

Machai posted:

I posted a "Trail of Tears" painting in the unification thread. I hope I don't get banned from the forums :ohdear:

e:
pg2 we get this:

I expected it sooner.

Think of the roleplayers!

:haw:

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Rianeva posted:

The other cluster was dead anyway, good riddance.

ps Zoness we might make you tank tonight, get good please :v:

Are you a sadist?

ShadowMoo posted:

<3 How they are rebranding another server merge as a 'server unification' good stuff.

The shard split was dumb.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

They hated to do the cluster split, so I am glad it is going away.

Also I probably won't be raiding tonight, having a party for the football game :toot: Would be heavily distracted if I tried to do it, so congrats to the mage that will get the relic staff.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Eltoasto posted:

They hated to do the cluster split, so I am glad it is going away.

Also I probably won't be raiding tonight, having a party for the football game :toot: Would be heavily distracted if I tried to do it, so congrats to the mage that will get the relic staff.

Which one - the sperm staff or the death tentacle staff?

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Look! A door! This must mean something!

Zoness posted:

Which one - the sperm staff or the death tentacle staff?

Neither actually, the mage dagger.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
Are there quest chains that I might be missing if I don't run any dungeons?

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope
There's a few questlines that require dungeon runs but to my (out of date) knowledge they're all easy dungeons from vanilla Rift. I'll probably hop on again sometime and try to beg my way into some experts.

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

Daler Mehndi posted:

Are there quest chains that I might be missing if I don't run any dungeons?

I've only played on guardian side (I'm told I'm terrible), but there is a saga that requires normal and expert dungeons, expert and raid rifts, and at least one trip into one of the level 50 raids. You don't need to do it unless you are a horrible completionist and even then I wouldn't recommend it.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Rianeva posted:

I've only played on guardian side (I'm told I'm terrible), but there is a saga that requires normal and expert dungeons, expert and raid rifts, and at least one trip into one of the level 50 raids. You don't need to do it unless you are a horrible completionist and even then I wouldn't recommend it.

That's only cuz the guardian side awards for that quest chain look like poo.

Equalizer :colbert:.

Zuryn
Dec 13, 2003
El Conquistador
My wife and I have been playing since the F2P transition, for the first time since beta. We're on Hailol but are planning to transfer and then join, since we're looking for a guild of people who don't think RIFT counts as employment. Anything we should know about shard transfers before we go?

Also, I checked the IRC channel and noticed its emptiness. I assume this is because the mobile client's guild chat integration is God's gift to MMO communication.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Zuryn posted:

I assume this is because the mobile client's guild chat integration is God's gift to MMO communication.

Haha, sure I guess. I always have a lovely time with it though because it hangs a lot.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

Machai posted:

Haha, sure I guess. I always have a lovely time with it though because it hangs a lot.

Yeah, every time I open it it "crashes" but is really just loading the character list. The chat works "okay", but most of us are antisocial so we don't even use it while in-game.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

necrotic posted:

Yeah, every time I open it it "crashes" but is really just loading the character list. The chat works "okay", but most of us are antisocial so we don't even use it while in-game.

Chatting in an MMO? Why would you do that?

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

Zoness posted:

I dunno, doesn't make any sense to me.

Zuryn
Dec 13, 2003
El Conquistador

Zoness posted:

I played a lot of MUDs, so I treat MMOs as chatrooms with pictures.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

I think that's how you RP. I should know, I play on an RP server :airquote:

Murvin
Jan 7, 2008
Jet-setter and raconteur

Zuryn posted:

My wife and I have been playing since the F2P transition, for the first time since beta. We're on Hailol but are planning to transfer and then join, since we're looking for a guild of people who don't think RIFT counts as employment. Anything we should know about shard transfers before we go?

Also, I checked the IRC channel and noticed its emptiness. I assume this is because the mobile client's guild chat integration is God's gift to MMO communication.

Pretty sure Hailol is transferring to Deepwood soon anyway now, so you can either sit tight 'till it happens or transfer through your account page on the rift site I believe. It doesn't take very long if you choose to do that.

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

Murvin posted:

Pretty sure Hailol is transferring to Deepwood soon anyway now, so you can either sit tight 'till it happens or transfer through your account page on the rift site I believe. It doesn't take very long if you choose to do that.

Hailol isn't going anywhere, they'd have to transfer normally.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

Rianeva posted:

Hailol isn't going anywhere, they'd have to transfer normally.

Yeah we're getting Threesprings.

Aafter
Apr 14, 2009

A is for After.
In as Nullzero! (Gosh my name is so cool. :heysexy:)

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.

Zuryn posted:

Anything we should know about shard transfers before we go?

You can't have any active auctions/mail pending, and if you want to make some quick plat I suggest arbitrage; find something cheap on current server that's expensive on deepwood and buy it out and bring it with you to resell.

edit: I'd give you some suggestions, but I'm terrible at auction housing and you'd probably lose money so leaving specific advice to those better at it than me

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".

mr. nobody posted:

You can't have any active auctions/mail pending, and if you want to make some quick plat I suggest arbitrage; find something cheap on current server that's expensive on deepwood and buy it out and bring it with you to resell.

edit: I'd give you some suggestions, but I'm terrible at auction housing and you'd probably lose money so leaving specific advice to those better at it than me

This is the man you should contact for Auction Housing:

deadtear posted:

I am Hoom. Hoom rules.

viewtyjoe
Jan 5, 2009

Silly Newbie posted:

I'm still having trouble deciding what class to play (52 rogue, 48 mage and war, 32 cleric), since I like being able to do anything, but I'm finding that having a gently caress off big 2 hander really appeals to me. Anyone have any advice re: war or cleric?
I'll probably never raid, if that's a concern, and I enjoy tanking and healing as much as DPS. I really wish war or cleric had a support soul that played as much fun as bard or tac, but I can't get over how much I hate rogue weapons and armor.
Also, anyone have links to guides that might explain why defiler is so important, or how to play beastmaster?

If you change your mind on raiding, warrior is the shortcut to all the loot, since we are seriously lacking in warriors at the moment (rogue, too, but there's a few more of them). Otherwise, it's really what you prefer. I will say that experts can be rather unfriendly to melee, so unless you really love tanking them, you may want to go with cleric. Actually, if you love tanking them, go cleric anyways, for better cooldowns when you have poo poo healers. I may be biased, playing a cleric myself.

Defiler is important in raids because you can literally mitigate 30/20(25? gently caress I don't remember)% of all incoming damage on tanks and eat a much smaller portion of it as damage to you. Also, Foul Growth, which comes from a lot of their abilities, is one of the best tank spike heals in the game. Defiler really provides a lot of utility that isn't available in other souls/classes, though Necro has a damage link now, I believe. It also can do almost passable DPS, according to some people.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

viewtyjoe posted:

It also can do almost passable DPS, according to some people.

19k on Matriarch :colbert:

And I only picked up 3 crystals.

Play what you like, if you do well you'll get a raid spot because you're a good player, class balance be damned.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Zoness posted:

19k on Matriarch :colbert:

And I only picked up 3 crystals.

Play what you like, if you do well you'll get a raid spot because you're a good player, class balance be damned.

19k? I can do that as Chloro.

on Proteus

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
I actually brought my warrior in the guild just a few nights ago. Eotri is my character's name. I got a long way to go, but I do 9.8k ST tempest, 10.6k paragon, and something like 83/84k on champion with max targets by myself.

I also tank, but only have 50k HP. I am however working towards making my own 111 end seal as I found a marvelous rugged augment recipe and bought the seal recipe as well. I got like 800-900 platinum worth of materials to buy.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Make a Rugged Stiletto of Twisted Souls with Marvelous Rugged Augment. It has 129 end which is more than anything else in this game, including T2 relics.

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

quote:

RIFT 2.4: Hotfix #6 10/16/13

RIFT STORE
* Thanks to new Ascended technology, you can now browse the store while you're dead!

DUNGEONS AND INSTANCES
* The mobs in Normal Storm Legion dungeons have had their health and damage reduced.

INFINITY GATE
* Breaker X-1:
- To reduce load screen times during the encounter, the "Core" room has been relocated.

PLANEBREAKER BASTION
* Planebreaker Abominus:
- Should now reset properly when a wipe occurs.
- Growing Calamity: Now does less damage.
* Inyr'Kta:
- Aggressive Infection: Willno longer be cast on targets afflicted with Intensifying Anguish.
* The trash mobs throughout the instance have had their health reduced by 20%.
* The reward for completing the Planebreaker Bastion artifact 'Secrets of the Planes' set will no longer vanish when acquired. The vanity item now has a cooldown and will persist on the player. It must be used at least once in order to grant the achievement.

REALM OF TWISTED DREAMS
* The Night Terrors achievement is now easier to acquire.
* Reduced the aggro radius of the Lil' Luggos and Bugsplat Sprouts which could aggro players and obstruct recovery from a failed attempt.

CRAFTING
* High-level crafting dailies once again provide the correct reward boxes and chests.

ITEMS
* The weekly cap for Empyreal Slayer's Mark has been increased to 16,000.

hope the loading screen on breaker is less lovely/gone entirely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antaris
Feb 18, 2011

Speaking of warriors, I should ~hopefully~ be back in another week or two. New content sounds fun. Well, more fun than study anyway. I'm sure I will rethink that the moment I come back and they add another tier of reputation on top of the current one or something.

• Locked thread