Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

DrBouvenstein posted:

Edit: And why did they 'shop the image? Hunter should be to the right of the cop, like so:

It is pretty clearly just taken from a different angle. Are your spatial skills really that bad?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

DrBouvenstein posted:

I prefer my version. :colbert:

Edit: And why did they 'shop the image? Hunter should be to the right of the cop, like so:

It's just a different angle. The cop is almost directly behind him, so pictures from either side can change their relative position.

Alain Perdrix
Dec 19, 2007

Howdy!

DrBouvenstein posted:

Seems needless.

I don't think they did shop the image. Hunter's in front of the cop, and the photographers are standing in two different places, so he appears to the left in one and to the right in other. You can see this as well in the direction the cop is facing relative to the camera in each photo.

e: gosh darn it

Alain Perdrix has a new favorite as of 15:57 on Oct 15, 2013

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

This looks shopped. I can tell from some of the pixels and from seeing quite a few shops in my time.

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

~A Purely Preposterous Pussy~

Phlegmish posted:

This looks shopped. I can tell from some of the pixels and from seeing quite a few shops in my time.

Hmn yes, some of the shadowing seems very problematic, indeed. Is it possible that it was taken from another angle or is otherwise a composite image?

Edit: I'm surprised the character from Breaking Bad wasn't included in this one. It's pretty cool though.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

A mouse-driven football. :3:

(Sadly, the actual patent submission was sans mouse.)

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

"Get off me Pa, those are for the kits now"

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

monkeytennis posted:

Likes his steak well done.

Well, poo poo. I'm gonna go ask for a perma-ban now.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Red Ryder posted:

Ah.. Circumcised, and?

Mangosteen and load-bearing drywall

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Why didn't they give this person a job?

Mildly Amusing
May 2, 2012

room temperature

That's ridiculous! What kind of basketball game sells tickets for only a dollar?

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Mildly Amusing posted:

That's ridiculous! What kind of basketball game sells tickets for only a dollar?

Well, they don't want to help the Jews very much...

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Let's see you to get the Jews to pay more than a dollar for anything.

RagingTaco
Oct 21, 2008

No thanks, I don't like eggs.
What?
Eggs are your favorite!
Okay, then give me lots of eggs.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

It's a seahorse! :haw:

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013
The sudden reminder that I have no fucking clue what I'm talking about
For a minute I thought the seal was just hanging out in the lobby of a municipal office building or something. Then I saw the water, and realized those doors are the trainers' rooms.

magic pantaloons
Jan 9, 2012

Ain't you ever seen a naked chick riding a clam before?

Inzombiac posted:

I was really bummed when I couldn't name my trainer in XY "gently caress, I".

Somehow X&Y now has the ability to not let you give nicknames to your trained/Pokemon that have swear words in it. I found a way around it though.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

magic pantaloons posted:

Somehow X&Y now has the ability to not let you give nicknames to your trained/Pokemon that have swear words in it. I found a way around it though.

It's probably a blacklist called when you go to make a nickname. Using something like a pokemon save editor (or a hacked version of the game with an empty blacklist) would probably get around it because it in all likelihood only checks for swears upon naming.

The Comna
May 22, 2012

schtzn
schtzn
t-t-t-t
t-t-t-t
You could also use profanity from other languages, but if it's like Animal Crossing: New Leaf then it will know those as well.
I personally think "Fotze" would make a great name for a cat-like pokèmon.

Tooter
Nov 12, 2003

Say Nothing posted:

I'm curious about his original application!

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

BAKA FLOCKA FLAME
Oct 9, 2012

by Pipski

Say Nothing posted:

Because it's not real, poo poo

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

magic pantaloons posted:

Can you get away with misspellings?

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

Nutsngum posted:

This looks so Australian...

This one is in Canberra, there are more awful puns on the other signs.

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

magic pantaloons posted:

Here's the list from Gen 5. I suspect the list in Gen 6 has at least all of these.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Whoforthenwhat posted:

This one is in Canberra, there are more awful puns on the other signs.

I miss the one that used to say 'Gets rolled faster than Rudd'.

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

magic pantaloons posted:

Somehow X&Y now has the ability to not let you give nicknames to your trained/Pokemon that have swear words in it.
The other 3DS games with blacklists I've played have allowed you to use English rude words on the Japanese version (Freakyforms, etc) - though not Japanese rude words in the English version! - but Pokemon X+Y is a multilingual game so they probably have a multilingual blacklist, sadly.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Choco1980 posted:

Can you get away with misspellings?

Yes. My pidgy is named Fukin' Bird.

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON
If nobody has named their grass starter Weedlord than I am disappointed in the internet.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Kumaton posted:

If nobody has named their grass starter Weedlord than I am disappointed in the internet.
I went with Snoop Lion with no regrets

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day

I know what I'm looking at and my brain still can't work it out :psyduck:

Mr Havafap
Mar 27, 2005

The wurst kind of sausage

Original Ronald McDonald

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

Mr Havafap posted:

Original Ronald McDonald

Sorry, but the PYF Monsters thread is
<--- that way

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
I love how all other clowns have names like Ouchy and Stinko and he's just called Ronald.

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

QwertySanchez posted:

I love how all other clowns have names like Ouchy and Stinko and he's just called Ronald.

Someone rang?

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

Mr Havafap posted:

Original Ronald McDonald

drat, that seriously looks like Will Ferrell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Billy the Mountain
Feb 3, 2005

I used to be TheRealLuquado

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

drat, that seriously looks like Will Ferrell.

It's actually Willard Scott.

• Locked thread