Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

I really like the vehicle mode on the new Prime, but I don't like the robot mode. Too much kibble, chest is weird looking, arms held on by tiny joints with the shoulder kibble over them to make them look bigger, just kind of awful all around.

And as for the sword, if you told me that sword belonged to next years Power Rangers Megazord I would believe it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

His face looks like movie Soundwave.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
For the amount of kibble that Optimus has basically amounting to Beastwars level shellformer but he's a vehicle instead of an armadillo I would expect him to look good as a truck.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
I'm glad I already have the best movie OP (Super Butterfly Optimus), so the fact that this is incredibly hideous doesn't bother me in the least.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

SpazmasterX posted:

I'm glad I already have the best movie OP (Super Butterfly Optimus)

Surely you're referring to this fine piece of toy engineering:

And not this disasterpiece, yes?

Keldroc fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Oct 11, 2013

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Behold My True Form Optimus Prime is loving fantastic.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Literally the only good thing about that figure is that it's the only movie Prime with a trailer.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Rei_ posted:

This guy gets it.

Look at it, all tucked perfectly away. Fantastic.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Rei_ posted:

He is even better when he has a big red dragon trailer. If you own one, that's the one you gotta have.

BEHOLD MY TRUE FORM AND DESPAIRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Wow. I really thought that was one of the most universally despised movie figures ever made. The idea of preferring it over RotF Leader Prime is very difficult to imagine. It doesn't even look like any version of him in any of the movies.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~
Plus, you shouldn't stick out his wings. They should all be down together as a glorious metal cape.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

No no no, I disagree, you have to have them splayed out like he's Gundam X going in for the kill.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Rei_ posted:

No no no, I disagree, you have to have them splayed out like he's Gundam X going in for the kill.

Only when he's got his giant gun out. Metal cape is for idling.

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

Unique Toys Messiah unofficial Galvatron

Horrible pose aside, I like it. I wouldn't be surprised though if an official MP Galvatron gets released right before this is set to hit online stores.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

He's like Sigma, in that he has it as a cape when he's just chilling out and playing with you, maybe sicking his robot dog on you first, but he goes all Turn A Gundam Moonlight Butterfly when poo poo gets real. That's his true final boss form. Fucker is a destroyer of civilizations.

catch22 posted:

Unique Toys Messiah unofficial Galvatron

Horrible pose aside, I like it. I wouldn't be surprised though if an official MP Galvatron gets released right before this is set to hit online stores.

Y'all know how long I've been whining that there's no proper Galvatron to go up against City Commander and Protector and its nuts that we're getting multiple Nova Primes of all goddamn people before a single Galvatron but maaaan why did it have to be Unique Toys?

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Gammatron 64 posted:

Y'all know how long I've been whining that there's no proper Galvatron to go up against City Commander and Protector and its nuts that we're getting multiple Nova Primes of all goddamn people before a single Galvatron but maaaan why did it have to be Unique Toys?

I wouldn't worry. If third party trends for the past year are anything to go by, three more will be announced inside of a month.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Keldroc posted:

I wouldn't worry. If third party trends for the past year are anything to go by, three more will be announced inside of a month.
The head sculpt looks pretty good and the concept art (assuming that is what he is standing on) looks sick. I don't currently have a Galvatron so if this comes out before an official release, I am in.

WHAT'D HE SAY HIS NAME WAS?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Eh I've always felt the best candidate for Classics Galvatron is the purple version of the Energon Megatron/Galvatron mold(there's a lot of Unicron Trilogy & RiD figures that work well for a classics lineup that don't get their fair share of recognition, although that number lowers as more G1 & G2 characters get CHUG and/or 3rd party versions)

catch22
Feb 17, 2006
Rumor is he's voyager size. Actually glad to hear, as CHUG Galvatron sucks and we'll prob get an official MP version soon anyway.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Sega's Transformers Human Alliance arcade game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmN7nlyZw60

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

The MSJ posted:

Sega's Transformers Human Alliance arcade game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmN7nlyZw60

Tower Bridge isn't next to the London Eye! <:mad:>

Rei_
May 16, 2004

I'm blown the gently caress away they weren't just making a shooter where you play as humans going WOW WAIT UNTIL SAM'S DOG GETS A LOAD OF THIS while autobots fight in the background from the get-go

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006
Was that on fast forward or something? That seems like an incredibly short stage for an arcade rail shooter. Especially since it costs $1.50 a play now or however much.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

"Awesome, Sideswipe! You're just like a ninja!"

Wow, that was embarrassing on just about every level. I love that you play as human buddies and not an actual Transformer. Very true to the films.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

LightsGameraAction posted:

Was that on fast forward or something? That seems like an incredibly short stage for an arcade rail shooter. Especially since it costs $1.50 a play now or however much.
It was jumping forward, there were a few crossfades in there. Even then, you don't have to pay again until you die in arcade shooters.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Keldroc posted:

"Awesome, Sideswipe! You're just like a ninja!"

Wow, that was embarrassing on just about every level. I love that you play as human buddies and not an actual Transformer. Very true to the films.

The voice acting and dialogue are awesome because English obviously isn't their first language. It's like Virtua Fighter. WATCH OUT FOR MY SUPLEX!

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
http://curiopraxis.deviantart.com/art/Dark-Cybertron-Checklist-406225306

Dark Cybertron checklist.

New RiD is interesting. I like that they're trying to finally provide some depth of characterization to Soundwave, even if it feels weird to me as a guy steeped in G1. The art shifts in the book (intended to denote flashbacks) are jarring as gently caress though.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Gammatron 64 posted:

The voice acting and dialogue are awesome because English obviously isn't their first language. It's like Virtua Fighter. WATCH OUT FOR MY SUPLEX!

That would explain a few things about the movies.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Yeah, I'm not sure what voice to assign soundwave in books where he has full sentences with varying emotion.

Ravage is pretty cute. But then again it's kind of impossible for a giant robot's talking cat friend to not be kind of cute.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

I'm not sure which character in this image was the most embarrassing thing to come out of the third movie.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
My plastic children's toys are disintegrating. The clip on ROTF Lockdown's chest/roof snapped off sometime during the move, and IDW Pax has some wicked stress marks forming at concentration points where his legs peg together. I can sand the pegs down a hair, but I feel like a turd about Lockdown.

E: and man I wish Bomber Megatron's shoulders locked in place somehow. It even looks like there's a ridge in the grey leverarm that looks like it ought to cam in behind a mating ridge in the body, but it doesn't. I can forgive an awful lot but I can seldom abide a floppy shoulder.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Phy posted:

E: and man I wish Bomber Megatron's shoulders locked in place somehow. It even looks like there's a ridge in the grey leverarm that looks like it ought to cam in behind a mating ridge in the body, but it doesn't. I can forgive an awful lot but I can seldom abide a floppy shoulder.

Uh, it does. It's an absolute bastard to do and you'll swear it won't, but it does.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Really? It's the arms I've circled in red that I'm bitching about; right now they just sort of hang in midair and support the weight of the arm and gun by friction. The tabs circled in blue I have no problem with.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Phy posted:

Really? It's the arms I've circled in red that I'm bitching about; right now they just sort of hang in midair and support the weight of the arm and gun by friction. The tabs circled in blue I have no problem with.

Oooooh. Yeah. They're just friction held.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

They have to be friction held to give the shoulders a full range of movement.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
Final Fantasy Prime is the best movie Prime figure.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Looks like Target is clearing out some Transformers inventory, just picked up Springer and Sandstorm for $10, there was also some Beast Hunter stuff along with a few War for Cybertron toys laying around.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Rythe posted:

Looks like Target is clearing out some Transformers inventory, just picked up Springer and Sandstorm for $10, there was also some Beast Hunter stuff along with a few War for Cybertron toys laying around.

I'll have to swing by mine today and look. I wouldn't mind finding Springer/Sandstorm at $10, but the autobot tapes are what I really need.

Iced Cocoa
Jul 14, 2011

So this finally arrived today:

Wish I had something better to photograph with than a crappy cellphone camera.

Given the price and the size of the box I thought he would be bigger. But he's pretty well done.

Now to resist the urge to buy Ultra Magnus when he comes. Unless he's all white redeco of Optimus Prime. Because what the hell is up with that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Iced Cocoa posted:

So this finally arrived today:

Wish I had something better to photograph with than a crappy cellphone camera.

Given the price and the size of the box I thought he would be bigger. But he's pretty well done.

Now to resist the urge to buy Ultra Magnus when he comes. Unless he's all white redeco of Optimus Prime. Because what the hell is up with that?

He will be. G1 UM is a white Prime with armor, MP UM will be too.