Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Oh my god I can catch Bagons before the second gym this game has to be loving with me.

It's breakin' all the rules!!!

edit: and there's drifblim in 3D yesssssss

Yeah, Bagon is on route 8 and Axew is in Connecting Cave. They're right next to each other, and the fossil town not long after gives you the chance at a T-rex.

What exactly is Pokerus? I got an Espurr with it over Wonder Trade, didn't want to get rid of it without knowing what it does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nethilia
Oct 17, 2012

Hullabalooza '96
Easily Depressed
Teenagers Edition

Dr Pepper posted:

Why am I spending more time playing dress up and petting Pokemon then actually progressing in the game.

Cause there's no prize for beating the game with less than 30 hours, this isn't goddamn Metroid.

ChibiSoma posted:

So when was the last Pokemon game where an entire town got wiped off the map. I forget. Curse my horrible memory!

Pokemon Ranger Guardian Signs. The villain blows Dolce Island right off the loving map like the planet of Alderan or whatever, and it doesn't come back in the endgame.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Do trades with NPCs give Pokemon with fixed natures/IVs?

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Manatee Cannon posted:

What exactly is Pokerus? I got an Espurr with it over Wonder Trade, didn't want to get rid of it without knowing what it does.

Remember in Futurama when Fry ate the egg salad sandwich from the gas station that gave him parasites? Pretty much that.

Can we rename pokemon? I wanna call my Delphox Mozilla now that I'm actually naming stuff

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Me and the boys on the way to kill another demon god

Manatee Cannon posted:

Hold onto it with all your might. If you plan on training competitively, that's going to be your greatest asset. Simply put, it doubles the EVs gained from battling other pokemon, and it can be passed to others on your team. It makes training WORLDS easier.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
With the addition of Super Training I don't really think Pokerus matters anymore.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

I managed to get a Ditto and decided to breed a Torchic and make some guy on Wonder Trade really happy. I was expecting Sentret, but I got an Eevee with Adaptability from a Japanese dude for it :stare:

Zackcat
Nov 28, 2009

Let me tell you about Silent Hill Visual Novels~

InterrupterJones posted:

Hold onto it with all your might. If you plan on training competitively, that's going to be your greatest asset. Simply put, it doubles the EVs gained from battling other pokemon, and it can be passed to others on your team. It makes training WORLDS easier.

pokerus is pointless now with Super Training and it doesn't double Super Training, sadly.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Oh my god I can catch Bagons before the second gym this game has to be loving with me.

It's breakin' all the rules!!!

edit: and there's drifblim in 3D yesssssss

Yeah, it's insane. Every other game I got a flood of "this looks cool but I've got my 6" around Gym 8 and Victory Road but I've got so many I have a box full of "I want to play around with this" that I pretty much swap out every time I hit a pokecenter. Snorlax, Yanma, Houndour, Crobat, Bagon, Axew, Farfetch'd, Dunsparce (rollout was awesome for a while), Mawile, Mantyke (just looking for a Remoraid, who's another I love), Golett, Eevee, Aerodactyl, Trapinch, Honedge, Vivillion, Steelix, Carbink... and that's not counting two sets of starters.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Internet Kraken posted:

With the addition of Super Training I don't really think Pokerus matters anymore.

Pokerus + Macho Brace is definitely faster than Super Training if good EV training places still exist, but we'll see. It'd be nice if those worked in Super Training, seems silly that they don't!

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Is there any place you can purchase PPups in the game outside of the weird Pokemiles thing?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Slightly Toasted posted:

Remember in Futurama when Fry ate the egg salad sandwich from the gas station that gave him parasites? Pretty much that.

Can we rename pokemon? I wanna call my Delphox Mozilla now that I'm actually naming stuff

There's a name rater in Camphrier (town before daycare/berry farm) who will let you change it as long as it's your own.

My Frog's Chroma because she beats the fire fox.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
I'm at Snowbelle now and some smug gently caress is bragging about her discount coupon. gently caress a shiny, I need this coupon. :shepicide:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Countblanc posted:

Pokerus + Macho Brace is definitely faster than Super Training if good EV training places still exist, but we'll see. It'd be nice if those worked in Super Training, seems silly that they don't!

It is silly that the EV items don't work with super training, but Pokerus was always something hated. It's a really useful thing that you can only acquire through pure luck.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

InterrupterJones posted:

Ah. Yeah, I don't care about competitive Pokemon but if I can spread it around I don't see why I shouldn't just make sure everything I Wonder Trade now has it.

Eleeleth
Jun 21, 2009

Damn, that is one suave eel.

Manatee Cannon posted:

Ah. Yeah, I don't care about competitive Pokemon but if I can spread it around I don't see why I shouldn't just make sure everything I Wonder Trade now has it.

You are a goddamn saint.

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

I just realized I've got like 35 hours played and at least a third of that was probably spent feeding coins into the wonder trade machine.

Oh god.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Silver Falcon posted:

I forgot something. I saw a bunch of people had a problem being overlevelled because of the EXP. share. Short of turning it off, I have found a solution: USE MORE POKEMON!

Yeah, I'm only just above the level curve by the seventh gym, and I'm running an active team of 14 or so Pokemon.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Honestly this game has been nothing but Harvest Moon: Pokemon Route 7 Edition to me for the last 20 hours. Just me riding up and down the lane, planting berries, breeding 'mons, drinking coffee, playing dressup, playing in Amie and occasionally making some dough in the Battle Chateau. I think I've spent more time on Route 7 already than I ever have on all Victory Roads combined.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Sent off a Dedenne, got a Froakie(!) named Frog #046. Oh god, we're encouraging battery-farmed Pokemon :qq:.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Starting to wonder tade these scatterbugs. All of them are modest and most have compound eyes.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Sent off a Dedenne, got a Froakie(!) named Frog #046. Oh god, we're encouraging battery-farmed Pokemon :qq:.

I bred a bunch of Scatterbugs and just named them all from A to Y. Daycare man didn't want to give me a final egg.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Countblanc posted:

I've been fighting horde battles with multi target TMs via sweet scent and the power items to EV train and I've been maxing out guys in twenty minutes. Dazzling gleam or whatever is a good multi hit move for this.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Boomstick Quaid posted:

I've been fighting horde battles with multi target TMs via sweet scent and the power items to EV train and I've been maxing out guys in twenty minutes. Dazzling gleam or whatever is a good multi hit move for this.

Oh I didn't even think about hordes, those would give insane amounts of EV wouldn't they?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Ok, I now have two questions: One, how do you spread Pokerus? Two, can you get Koffing easily? I want to spread a pokeplague to everyone through random trades.

Rattatta or Grimer work as alternatives.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

I love how Luminose City is just so drat big it needed TWO Pokemon centers :allears:

There's so much stuff to do it's ridiculous, I've actually had to force myself to hold off on Super Training all my pokemon, all the crap you can do in Luminose city on top of just straight catching whatever shows up. All so I can just advance through the game normally.

Zackcat
Nov 28, 2009

horriblePencilist posted:

Honestly this game has been nothing but Harvest Moon: Pokemon Route 7 Edition to me for the last 20 hours. Just me riding up and down the lane, planting berries, breeding 'mons, drinking coffee, playing dressup, playing in Amie and occasionally making some dough in the Battle Chateau. I think I've spent more time on Route 7 already than I ever have on all Victory Roads combined.

This entirely. 3 Star Restaurant with Amulet Coin gives the most money in the shortest amount of time.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Am I missing something to triggering the Looker quest? I've beaten the E4 and walked into Lumiose, but I never got the holo call.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Super Jay Mann posted:

I love how Luminose City is just so drat big it needed TWO Pokemon centers :allears:

There's so much stuff to do it's ridiculous, I've actually had to force myself to hold off on Super Training all my pokemon, all the crap you can do in Luminose city on top of just straight catching whatever shows up. All so I can just advance through the game normally.

I believe there's actually three.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Super Jay Mann posted:

There's actually three. :ssh:

e;f,b

Zackcat
Nov 28, 2009

DOOMocrat posted:

Am I missing something to triggering the Looker quest? I've beaten the E4 and walked into Lumiose, but I never got the holo call.

Pokecenter on South side. Enter and leave.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Does Super Training work with the Macho Brace/etc.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Zackcat posted:

This entirely. 3 Star Restaurant with Amulet Coin gives the most money in the shortest amount of time.

If you play it with a perfect spread of turns used, no faints and an amulet coin you get 120,762p.

I've been doing it perfectly every time with a team of Blaziken and Raichu.

Apparently Sushi High Roller is 160,000p (16 big nuggets). I'd do that but somehow even being the champion isn't enough to get in there.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

Ok, I now have two questions: One, how do you spread Pokerus? Two, can you get Koffing easily? I want to spread a pokeplague to everyone through random trades.

Rattatta or Grimer work as alternatives.

I think the earliest Pokemon you can get who would work for a Pokeplague is Gulpin.

Also keep in mind that Pokemon who have Pokerus in your party...either at the stroke of midnight or for 24 hours, will go benign, and while they'll still have the effects of Pokerus they can't spread it anymore. You can have a Pokemon remain permanently viral by keeping a "control subject" in a Pokemon box and only bringing him out when you need it. I don't think I saw anyone mention this.

Zackcat
Nov 28, 2009

nerdbot posted:

I think the earliest Pokemon you can get who would work for a Pokeplague is Gulpin.

Also keep in mind that Pokemon who have Pokerus in your party...either at the stroke of midnight or for 24 hours, will go benign, and while they'll still have the effects of Pokerus they can't spread it anymore. You can have a Pokemon remain permanently viral by keeping a "control subject" in a Pokemon box and only bringing him out when you need it. I don't think I saw anyone mention this.

In before that have actually remedied that and even in the box it gets over pokerus.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Does Super Training work with the Macho Brace/etc.

No, and it's stupid.

Zackcat
Nov 28, 2009

Ernutetnoiraud posted:

If you play it with a perfect spread of turns used, no faints and an amulet coin you get 120,762p.

I've been doing it perfectly every time with a team of Blaziken and Raichu.

Apparently Sushi High Roller is 160,000p (16 big nuggets). I'd do that but somehow even being the champion isn't enough to get in there.

It's not worth it. It costs 500k to enter.

Zahki
Nov 7, 2004

Countblanc posted:

No, and it's stupid.

If you use those double bags you can get 24 EVs per training, isn't that enough?

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Zackcat posted:

In before that have actually remedied that and even in the box it gets over pokerus.

I think it's been confirmed that they still keep it, but I haven't heard any solid reports about Pokerus yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Zahki posted:

If you use those double bags you can get 24 EVs per training, isn't that enough?

No because even then that's only for one session so it's 252=24x+12y and X+Y is waaaaaaaay to many times to play these dumbass minigames.

• Locked thread