Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Dr. Fetus posted:

I got a Spritzee. Which is the better fairy mon? Spritzee or Flabebe? And how should I train them? Though I might consider using both considering how much easier it is to grind in this game. I don't think exp output even gets halved if you switch out in the middle of a battle.

Flabébé is a poor man's klefki and you know it. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zackcat
Nov 28, 2009

Let me tell you about Silent Hill Visual Novels~

horriblePencilist posted:

and they both pale in comparison to Lady Gardevior, master of the fairies. :colbert:

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

I'm in the cave with train tracks that has a lot of stones that can be broken, did I miss that ability somewhere?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

horriblePencilist posted:

Yep, plus Flabebe eventually evolves into a dumb looking idiot. Klefki never evolves so she stays the badass little keychain she is

Zackcat
Nov 28, 2009

Bag of Sun Chips posted:

I'm in the cave with train tracks that has a lot of stones that can be broken, did I miss that ability somewhere?

Fossil town talk to the lady below the Aquarium entrance to get Rock Smash tm.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

All of you nerds are completely ignoring the True King of Fairy Types

Mr. Mime

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Neo_Crimson posted:

How exactly do you get the Stone Edge and Rock Slide TMs :confused:

Seriously, this is killing me.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Constable Lemon posted:

All of you nerds are completely ignoring the True King of Fairy Types

Mr. Mime

Pretty sure that's the True Antichrist of Fairy-types.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Unbound posted:

Have you activated your Mega Ring to see the post-game Mega Stones?

I've never been prompted to do that either!

Zackcat
Nov 28, 2009

DOOMocrat posted:

In the post game town do one battle in the battle maison, then your rival will show up in the upper part of the town(with the benches and pond) battle him there. It will lead you to your next destination from there.

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Me and the boys on the way to kill another demon god

Neo_Crimson posted:

Seriously, this is killing me.

Google is your friend. So it this website: http://www.serebii.net/xy/tmhm.shtml

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

DOOMocrat posted:

Win one match in the Battle Mansion (post game one), then head to the north end of the postgame town and beat your rival, then meet the Professor at the sundial in Anistar Town.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

InterrupterJones posted:

Google is your friend. So it this website: http://www.serebii.net/xy/tmhm.shtml

That only gives me the rough location. I've been looking through Cauriway Town for the past 30 minutes and I can't find it.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Neo_Crimson posted:

That only gives me the rough location. I've been looking through Cauriway Town for the past 30 minutes and I can't find it.

Its up a Waterfall near the back right corner.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Zackcat posted:

and they both pale in comparison to Lady Gardevior, master of the fairies. :colbert:

For real I've been using Sylveon and she seems really strong

King of the Karp
Oct 8, 2010
Got a quick breeding question for people more knowledgeable than myself. Bred my female Noibat with a male Swablu with the moveset Dragon Pulse/Dazzling Gleam/Astonish/Sing. Shouldn't Dragon Pulse be inherited by the offspring Noibat? This is assuming it's a level-up move for Noibat. Does this mean he can't learn it until he evolves into Noivern? For the record, the offspring had the moveset Screech/Supersonic/Tackle/Tailwind.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
So I beat the game and just got to the Friend Safari zone and so far I've:

+ Found Tyrogue, Mawile, Shuppet and Growlithe
+ Got a shiny Togepi
+ Captured an imposter Ditto

:sun: Friend Safari is the loving best

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
"Katyusha is curious about your bag..." I give her an Oran Berry. "Katyusha is thrilled to bits!"

:3:

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.
So I heard you unlock additional haircuts by getting a shitload of haircuts. How many exactly? Is there a conversation the stylist has to let you know you're getting close? I blew like 25 grand on haircuts earlier and got nothin'. Or is this all bullshit?

Playing dress up is my favorite part of video games

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
Some fucker just took my Zoroark for his Sentret. Wonder Traaaaaade!! :argh:

Seriously though I love this thing

e: haha a modest Tyrunt

strap on revenge fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Oct 16, 2013

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Zore posted:

Its up a Waterfall near the back right corner.

Found it, thanks.

Now what about Stone Edge? I know it's in the Frost Cavern but where?

Zackcat
Nov 28, 2009

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

So I heard you unlock additional haircuts by getting a shitload of haircuts. How many exactly? Is there a conversation the stylist has to let you know you're getting close? I blew like 25 grand on haircuts earlier and got nothin'. Or is this all bullshit?

Playing dress up is my favorite part of video games

I only got one haircut/dye and in the post-game was able to pick a few more styles. So it can't be that. (unless more are unlocked as such)

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Neo_Crimson posted:

Found it, thanks.

Now what about Stone Edge? I know it's in the Frost Cavern but where?

Probably has something to do with the small river you can surf on in there. I don't remember getting Stone Edge when I was there, and that's the only place I didn't explore.

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

I feel like Fairy-type is like how psychic was in Gen-1 in that Game Freak just kinda slapped on it anything it felt like.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
I got an extra haircut for the male after getting 10-12 hairstyle changes. If it helps, I also unlocked the boutique in the city. Maybe some combination of a bunch of these?

Jun 23, 2010

Does anyone know if Bagon is only obtainable in Y?

BipolarAurora
Jan 1, 2013

online posted:

Does anyone know if Bagon is only obtainable in Y?

Bagon is obtainable in any version.

MustelaFuro
May 6, 2007

Evolution: Reproduction of the fit enough.
I have a female Ivysaur and I'd like to breed up some nice bulbasaur eggs with good egg moves for anyone who wants one, however I'm not far enough to have Pokemon who can pass on any moves better than curse. So if anyone has a Pokemon they'd like to donate (I'll also give it back too if you want) that can make good egg moves, I'll gladly get to work on making eggs for anyone who wants one.
Here's an egg move chart for reference.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Why does this girl rival think this guy's poodle dog thing should be separated from its trainer? Just because he likes fireworks or something?

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Pyroi posted:

I got an extra haircut for the male after getting 10-12 hairstyle changes. If it helps, I also unlocked the boutique in the city. Maybe some combination of a bunch of these?

I got one after about 4 - I have very short, short, medium and medium-perm.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
so how the hell do you add friend codes to add stuff to the friend safari?

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

WendigoJohnson posted:

Just add your codes to your 3DS's friend list.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.
I just traded my Pokemon named Yo Momma for CunnyLingus, which one of you assholes out trolled me?!

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

notthegoatseguy posted:

Why does this girl rival think this guy's poodle dog thing should be separated from its trainer? Just because he likes fireworks or something?

The implication is that its trainer is one of those rich assholes that like to have toy dogs to smother.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

WendigoJohnson posted:

You just have to have people on your friends list. Exchange codes with people, they don't even have to own the game to give you a safari option. Though, if they don't you won't be able to get everything you would out of it.

Blaine the Train
Aug 18, 2006
Choo choo, pardner.

Dr. Fetus posted:

I got a Spritzee. Which is the better fairy mon? Spritzee or Flabebe? And how should I train them? Though I might consider using both considering how much easier it is to grind in this game. I don't think exp output even gets halved if you switch out in the middle of a battle.

Chiming in late on this but I'm using an Aromatisse and it's an abolsute beast. It's slow as hell but is SUPER bulky, with some pretty great HP, defense, and special defense. its special attack isn't too shabby either, and it learns Moonblast fairly early on and it's perfect for blasting through things. It hasn't learned too much else attack-wise apart from a few fairy moves, most of its moveset seems to be geared towards support with Aromatherapy and the like, but I saw through the TMs you can teach it stuff like Thunderbolt, so there's a couple other attack options floating around.

Plus it's a weird can-can dancing mogwai bird, what's not to like? :shobon:

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Hearing how powerful quick balls had become, and someone mentioning catching a legendary with one, I threw one the first turn at Xerneas.

It worked. :stare:

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

InterrupterJones posted:

I gotta say that it's so refreshing to have the basic bird of this generation FINALLY having a dual type that is, oh I dunno, USEFUL! Talonflame is quite the beast, with it's only negative quality being it's quadruple weakness to rock. It might not work in competitive due to the prevalence of Stealth Rock; but for the main game, it's intensely good.

Talonflame's hidden ability is Gale Wing, which makes all flying attacks priority. It has a pretty useful competitive niche as a late-game cleaner with Swords Dance and priority Flying Gem Acrobatics. It's at least as good as Staraptor.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say

Tengames posted:

Hearing how powerful quick balls had become, and someone mentioning catching a legendary with one, I threw one the first turn at Xerneas.

I am pretty sure Yveltal and Xerneas have ridiculously high catch rates, I caught Yveltal with 1 pokeball and have heard similar stories from other people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream

Tengames posted:

Xerneas has an exceedingly high capture rate for a legendary. Seems even higher thank Palkia/Dialga were last gen.

• Locked thread