Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Neo Helbeast posted:

That Jann Lee is a whole new level of bad. Also be careful with 1p+k she telegraphs that from like a mile away
. Other than that good match.

Yeah, I keep relying on it to close space, and it's something I gotta stop doing.

That guide isn't from Prima, it's the DOA5U Master Guide, published by Koei.

From Freestepdodge-
"ISBN is 978-4775808900
Team Ninja guided
Suggested retail price is 2400 YEN"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Here's another video. Lisa match where they just hit K over and over again.

I even let them win a round to see if they would change it up at all, but NOPE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGLzFc6L-nk

link for neo hellbeast:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGLzFc6L-nk

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

PLANES CURE TOWERS posted:

Here's another video. Lisa match where they just hit K over and over again.

I even let them win a round to see if they would change it up at all, but NOPE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGLzFc6L-nk

link for neo hellbeast:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGLzFc6L-nk

Holy poo poo I'm crying on the inside. A lisa after my own heart. :911:

And hey the original link you put up said video removed that's why I asked for a link.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Ahh,I figured you were watching on a phone or something and couldn't play youtube videos or something.

edit: oh god youtube keeps telling me the videos are shaky and asked if I wanted it to auto-stabilize it. I checked the preview and I almost got motion sickness.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Ok so in the end i never really played much of doa5 vanilla so all the new characters introduced in that game kinda confuse me now so I ask... what the gently caress is up with Alpha-152? She has crazy tekken 10-hit strings and her throw damage is higher than loving Bass what the poo poo.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Evil Canadian posted:

Ok so in the end i never really played much of doa5 vanilla so all the new characters introduced in that game kinda confuse me now so I ask... what the gently caress is up with Alpha-152? She has crazy tekken 10-hit strings and her throw damage is higher than loving Bass what the poo poo.

She's the final boss, so she's kinda crazy

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

She's the final boss, so she's kinda crazy

Final boss = OP playable char hasn't really been a thing since like, championship edition though. I guess its just a learn her wacky strings until they become visually familiar but jesus 1 hi-counter throw was half my life.

*ed*

I know she ain't OP I am just being saucy cause god drat this character is blindsiding me pretty hard.

Evil Canadian fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Sep 22, 2013

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Just a heads up to people who didn't know; Peaceful Jay has a DOA5U stream up pretty much everyday starting at 7pm EST. It goes till whenever he wakes up in the morning although some nights who closes down early if there is low player count. http://www.twitch.tv/peacefuljay

Evil Canadian posted:

Final boss = OP playable char hasn't really been a thing since like, championship edition though. I guess its just a learn her wacky strings until they become visually familiar but jesus 1 hi-counter throw was half my life.

*ed*

I know she ain't OP I am just being saucy cause god drat this character is blindsiding me pretty hard.

Counter High on her strings.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

So basically I found out that there's a major in January in NYC. DOA5U will be played.

https://www.facebook.com/events/417615128358645/

I'm in CT, so I'm going to try like hell to drive out. Awesomeness.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
I just got this today. I really appreciate that they didnt feel the need to lock any of the cast away this time.

Ya know, I kinda hope the new character for the arcade version is Kasumi Alpha. I know its devoid of any creativity and I would love someone totally new (or Ryo Hazuki), but I liked that DOA Dimensions had both the newer 3 and up style Kasumi as well as the DOA2 Kasumi.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

One thing I don't get is I get ranked matches way faster just waiting in training mode then actually searching for them proper, just seems really odd and I feel like I am missing something.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

New glitch

Welcome to the corner rear end crossup

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiS9nikefns

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
Alpha is banned for any DOA event taking place in London's Heart Of Gaming arcade. No complaints or I'll hand out.

Still not sure about Rachel and Momiji (piss easy and super safe). I would've banned Rachel for laughs if I wasn't using her.

OP updated a bit.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

New glitch

Welcome to the corner rear end crossup

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiS9nikefns

Not new, its been there since 5 came out. The booty bump isn't allowed to shove people in counter stuns into corners so it throws lisa into the corner instead. I don't why anybody would think this is useful, the booty bump can be countered either through a mid punch counter or a mid kick counter. Lisa's back turned crit burst and her back turned launcher are mid punches while her wall splat is a mid kick. Anyone who goes for a booty bump in a corner is getting countered and a fist to the face.

Source: #1 LISA player in the world.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Why should I learn the game when all I need is Rachel's stomp attack :v:

No but seriously that thing is moronically stupid and I have no idea how anyone at Team Ninja thought a force tech that leaves you at +15 was a good idea. On top of that it tracks so you don't tech roll backwards on the 3 frames you have on the ground you're getting hit by it. Like I cannot believe how stupid it is.

e: I'm seriously butthurt about how many trash players are getting wins on me because of it.

BattleTech fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Sep 26, 2013

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

Neo Helbeast posted:

Why should I learn the game when all I need is Rachel's stomp attack :v:

No but seriously that thing is moronically stupid and I have no idea how anyone at Team Ninja thought a force tech that leaves you at +15 was a good idea. On top of that it tracks so you don't tech roll backwards on the 3 frames you have on the ground you're getting hit by it. Like I cannot believe how stupid it is.

e: I'm seriously butthurt about how many trash players are getting wins on me because of it.

The thing is that Teching in DOA is very easy and you can continuously press the guard button to autotech except in certain slams or situations, so it's easy to start teching backwards from some of her stomp setups. But the big thing is that Rachel is in a similar situations Jann Lee was when DOA5 was released. You could constantly abuse his resets and setups, but a few months later, people got used to him and started playing better. All of his options out of Dragon Stance are linear and the Dragon Gunner OH is slower anyway, so you can potentially gueass right or beat him out of his OH attempt.

However, the big issue is that Rachel is just too easy to pick up and use. She is the perfect beginner character and requires no effort whatsoever on the player's part, except when guessing. She isn't that damaging and with the exception of the stomp's advantage, she doesn't have that many frame traps or pressures especially from distance where she's weak against the top tier characters (Ayane, Kasumi, Christie etc.) and ends up being out-spaced even by Bass. Other than that, she's well rounded and pretty much how every other DOA character should be like; rounded and viable.

Rachel could do with some small tweaks. Let's hope TN don't completely poo poo on the character.

Uncle Kitchener fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Oct 2, 2013

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

uncleKitchener posted:

Rachel could do with some small tweaks. Let's hope TN don't completely poo poo on the character.

There will be no making GBS threads at all. I learned some very interesting things about TN last night from a pro DOA player who went to TFC and it has basically made me stop caring about DOA on a competitive level.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Neo Helbeast posted:

There will be no making GBS threads at all. I learned some very interesting things about TN last night from a pro DOA player who went to TFC and it has basically made me stop caring about DOA on a competitive level.

Please share!

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Have to give a short version because I was too smashed last night to remember the long version. Shimbori doesn't think there is a problem with game balance and is refusing to budge on patching because Tecmo wants to start making the game more inline with DOA4's faster pace. So from now several top players will be using Alpha and Rachel exclusively at tournaments until the point gets across that rebalances are needed. Especially after TFC where a player found out how to get rachel's stomp effect working by missing with it.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Neo Helbeast posted:

Have to give a short version because I was too smashed last night to remember the long version. Shimbori doesn't think there is a problem with game balance and is refusing to budge on patching because Tecmo wants to start making the game more inline with DOA4's faster pace. So from now several top players will be using Alpha and Rachel exclusively at tournaments until the point gets across that rebalances are needed. Especially after TFC where a player found out how to get rachel's stomp effect working by missing with it.

Well, that's disheartening. :(

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

Neo Helbeast posted:

Was it either Matt, Zack or Virtua Pie? Other than those three, I'd take what anyone else says with a pinch of salt. But what this person said is true and Shimbori is under pressure by higher ups to make something more marketable.

But I'm sure he can try and make it accessible and fun tourney fighter.

There will be no character patching until the Arcade version is out, btw.

Uncle Kitchener fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Oct 3, 2013

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

uncleKitchener posted:

Was it either Matt, Zack or Virtua Pie? Other than those three, I'd take what anyone else says with a pinch of salt. But what this person said is true and Shimbori is under pressure by higher ups to make something more marketable.

But I'm sure he can try and make it accessible and fun tourney fighter.

There will be no character patching until the Arcade version is out, btw.
Is there a chance that the Arcade version will get a console release? I ask because I've been looking at DOA5U and Tekken Tag 2, and I've been juggling between which of the two to get. I've been leaning towards DOA5U, since it sounds like it's pretty easy to pick up and play compared to Tekken, but if there's going to be another release, should I wait for that?

Max Wilco fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Oct 5, 2013

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
New stage dlc coming called the haunted lorelei, should be free like sack island was.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

Max Wilco posted:

Is there a chance that the Arcade version will get a console release? I ask because I've been looking at DOA5U and Tekken Tag 2, and I've been juggling between which of the two to get. I've been leaning towards DOA5U, since it sounds like it's pretty easy to pick up and play compared to Tekken, but if there's going to be another release, should I wait for that?

The arcade release will prob be final updated console version actually, so you don't need to worry about the arcade version and the console version being different.

Also, if you're just starting to play fighting games, starting with DOA will probably be a very attractive option, but if you end up developing habits in DOA, it'll end up costing you in other fighting games. That'll make it very hard for you to adapt when you start playing Tekken, SC or VF. Less with SC and more with Tekken.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

uncleKitchener posted:

Also, if you're just starting to play fighting games, starting with DOA will probably be a very attractive option, but if you end up developing habits in DOA, it'll end up costing you in other fighting games. That'll make it very hard for you to adapt when you start playing Tekken, SC or VF. Less with SC and more with Tekken.
I actually ended up ordering TTT2 a few days ago, since I found it for pretty cheap. Thank you for your feedback, though. As far as my experience with fighting games goes, I have some familiarity with them. Recently I've been playing SSF2THDR, and feel like I've gotten somewhat good with it, but I don't know if that makes for a good estimate of skill. I will keep that in mind though when I pick up DOA5U.

uncleKitchener posted:

The arcade release will prob be final updated console version actually, so you don't need to worry about the arcade version and the console version being different.
Isn't the arcade version going to introduce a new character? I suppose that they'll be added in to the console version via a patch or DLC?

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

Max Wilco posted:

I actually ended up ordering TTT2 a few days ago, since I found it for pretty cheap. Thank you for your feedback, though. As far as my experience with fighting games goes, I have some familiarity with them. Recently I've been playing SSF2THDR, and feel like I've gotten somewhat good with it, but I don't know if that makes for a good estimate of skill. I will keep that in mind though when I pick up DOA5U.

Isn't the arcade version going to introduce a new character? I suppose that they'll be added in to the console version via a patch or DLC?

Pretty much everything in the arcade version should be in the console version. TN is using the arcade release as an excuse for adding Tengu to the roster. That is probably when they'll make one last attempting at balancing the characters because right now there are some characters who desperately need to be tweaked either because they're too good or they're just downright horrible.

Edit: New Lei-Fang Infinite

Uncle Kitchener fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Oct 11, 2013

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Also here, have a match of mine with a horrible Jann Lee.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4sMyMQ9Doc

Wendell
May 11, 2003

What are Kasumi and Ayane supposed to be?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Hey if anyone is up and wants to play right now my PSN is FoxMedik

edit: seriously save me from playing f-ranked Kasumi players

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Wendell posted:

What are Kasumi and Ayane supposed to be?

That's the wrong costume for Kasumi, she has a princess costume. Ayane is a tinkerbell-like fairy.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Patch is out. Here's whats up from FreeStepDodge

New/changed features
New stage “Haunted Lorelei” added. PS3™/Xbox360®
New music “Imps' Ball” and “Ghouls' Ball” added. PS3™/Xbox360®
“Fights” and “Wins” information no longer displayed when an opponent is found for Ranked Matches. PS3™/Xbox360®
“Searching for opponents” message added when searching for a Throwdown opponent. PS3™/Xbox360®
Settings except for lobby names now remembered when creating and searching for lobbies. PS3™/Xbox360®
Lobby chat character limit increased from 20 to 100. PS3™/Xbox360®
Added numbers to differentiate between stages of the same name in Movies. PS3™/Xbox360®
Updated the way replay data is saved to be compatible with the changes in Ver. 1.03. Replays saved in 1.03 will not be playable in earlier versions of DOA5U. PS3™/Xbox360®

Bug fixes
Xbox360 online fights fixed to display animations more smoothly. Xbox360®
Changed the error message for clarity that displays when the player attempts to join a tag partner in a lobby where a match is already underway. PS3™/Xbox360®
Fixed the information bar location within lobbies. PS3™/Xbox360®
Fixed the display of the red recovery portion of the health gauge for spectators viewing tag matches in lobbies. PS3™/Xbox360®
Settings except for lobby names now remembered when creating and searching for lobbies. PS3™
Fixed issue with Survival tag matches that prevented tag changes immediately after an opponent was defeated. PS3™/Xbox360®
Jacky now correctly guards high punches in Free Training mode when selected as the COM opponent and “Standing Guard” or “Guard All” are chosen as his COM reactions. PS3™/Xbox360®
Fixed demonstrations that were playing incorrectly in Command Training. PS3™/Xbox360®
Fixed an issue when viewing victory and defeat animations in Movies that prevented progress when certain costumes were selected. PS3™/Xbox360®
Fixed an issue when viewing victory and defeat animations in Movies that displayed all selectable costumes as Zack's costumes and prevented progress. PS3™/Xbox360®
Corrected the error message that displayed when attempting to upload a YouTube™ video in Spectator mode on an account with chat restrictions. PS3™
Values for “Command Training Completed” and “Combo Challenges Completed” in the Fight Log fixed so as not to exceed 100%. PS3™/Xbox360®
Added subtitles to Hayabusa's “Justice wins!” victory quote. PS3™/Xbox360®
Fixed Jann Lee's subtitles to correctly match the spoken lines. PS3™/Xbox360®
Fixed an issue that prevented Leon's entrance animation from playing correctly and caused the camera to become player-controlled in matches against Bayman. PS3™/Xbox360®
Added missing commands to Command List. PS3™/Xbox360®
Corrected some Move Details. PS3™/Xbox360®
Fixed an issue when players turned fight messages on or off in the pause menu that prevented the change from being applied until the next round. PS3™/Xbox360®
Fixed so that the Move Details page turn sound effect no longer plays when pressing the left and right directional keys in Tutorial, Combo Challenge, and other modes. PS3™/Xbox360®
Fixed to correctly count fight records transferred from DOA5 toward title unlock requirements. Please carry over save data from DOA5 after applying this patch in order for fight records to be counted.
The following title unlock requirements were effected:
”Fight X times online”
 ”Win X times online”
 ”Use [character] X times”
 ”Win X times online with [character]” PS3™/Xbox360®
Fixed the description for the “Streak Breaker” title. PS3™/Xbox360®
Corrected the following trophy/achievement descriptions from “Clear all courses” to “Clear 1 course” to match the actual unlock conditions in-game PS3™/Xbox360®:
 Arcade (Tag) Cleared
 Time Attack (Tag) Cleared
 Survival (Tag) Cleared
Fixed an issue with Leifang's display after performing multiple Power Launchers in Free Training and other modes. PS3™/Xbox360®
Fixed an issue with the “Fuel” stage so that characters are no longer able to go outside the stage. PS3™/Xbox360®
Fixed the camera behavior during certain throws when performed near a wall. PS3™/Xbox360®
Fixed an issue that allowed players to cancel the recovery time for certain strikes. PS3™/Xbox360®
Fixed the timing of the Power Blow charge-up animation, which was previously off by 1 frame. PS3™/Xbox360®
Fixed an issue with the damage after certain staggers in tag matches. PS3™/Xbox360®
Fixed an issue in Story mode in the second fight of Chapter 70 that prevented progress after a successful Force Out. PS3™/Xbox360®
Fixed Leon's air throws to register correctly as wall hits against certain objects. PS3™/Xbox360®
Fixed to allow tech rolls after being staggered in midair. PS3™/Xbox360®
Fixed an issue preventing followup combo throws after Rachel's 214P+K hits a launched opponent. PS3™/Xbox360®
Fixed an issue after a throw escape from Zack's Ducking T, Hitomi's 236T, etc. that caused some characters to hold even without any player input. PS3™/Xbox360®
Fixed the bounce animation when landing from certain staggers in midair. PS3™/Xbox360®
Fixed the timing that tag changes are disabled after a Force Out. PS3™/Xbox360®
Adjusted the system criteria so that all hits that look like wall hits are counted as such. PS3™/Xbox360®
Changed part of the combo in Pai's “Tag Combo (from Pai)” Combo Challenge that used an unintended feature changed in this patch. PS3™/Xbox360®
Fixed Pai's 66P+K to prevent it from being read as 466P+K after a back dash, etc. PS3™/Xbox360®

Balance Changes

:siren:Rachel:siren:
66K: Recovery increased by 4 frames. PS3™/Xbox360®
1PP, 214P: Advantage on block increased from -12 to -15 frames. PS3™/Xbox360®
Light ground attack: Initial frames increased from 17 to 22, whiff recovery increased to 12 frames. Damage on hit changed to 4+2+2+7. PS3™/Xbox360®
4PP: Initial frames changed from 16 to 19. PS3™/Xbox360®

Momiji
66PP: Pushback on guard changed to the same as for 236P. PS3™/Xbox360®
1PP: Advantage on block changed from -10 to -13 frames. PS3™/Xbox360®
Tenku K: Landing recovery time increased by 5 frames. PS3™/Xbox360®

Alpha-152
66P, 6KP, 6KKP, 6KKKP: No longer guard breaks. Advantage on block changed to -3 frames. PS3™/Xbox360®
7K, KK7K, KKKK7K, etc.: Fixed an issue that allowed the landing animation to be cancelled. Landing recovery increased by 10 frames. PS3™/Xbox360®

---

Added Lorelei stage. Pretty big (5 floors, 2 starting locations). Only Halloween version. No normal mode toggle. Two "special" danger zone for power blows at the chained door and at the enclosed era on the floor below the main pumpkin area if you fall off the ledge facing directly opposite the stairs (spawns bats).

edit: also trailer for the new DLC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqqLt0ewCgQ

Nostalgia4Butts fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Oct 15, 2013

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
One day I'll be the best Bass player in the world there ever was; until then here's a 296 damage combo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3E1Qp7NUWo

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

I know they're trying to sell us on the female costumes, but to be honest they had me at Bass.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

seriously i had to buy the Jann Lee trogdor costume

Rocco
Mar 15, 2003

Hey man. You're number one. Put it. In. The Bucket.
I love the moaning about "OMG THE COSTUME PACK IS $25 IT SHOULD JUST BE A BUCK OR TWO PER COSTUME" which is hilarious because that's exactly how much they are, you can buy any costume you want for $2 and the $25 pack is for like a billion costumes but nobody is reporting it that way.

That was a giant run on sentence but my point is that I got them all and I have an alligator man fighting a sexy mummy and I'm pretty happy.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Trogdor jann lee, Hsien-ko Leifang, Red Riding Tina, and Mummoji for me.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIZok4tluu4#t=80

Looks like Megaman cursed this game as well.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
I'd pay any amount of cash for Viking Bass and Gladiator Leon, so less money for me to .

Tough I'd be disappointed if each costume ends up costing more than £1.60, because +20 quid for a costumes pack that costs more than the game's retail price is silly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

General Morden posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIZok4tluu4#t=80

Looks like Megaman cursed this game as well.

Haha, looks like Ayane's just doing sumo slaps into the heavens.

Come to think of it, that's a niche TN hasn't hit yet. I need a girl who fights like Taka-Arashi.

• Locked thread