Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
For those who don't know the difference, Reaper's HD are higher density than their Master Series paints. They're primarily intended for base coats, so you only need one or two coats where you might need four or five with regular paints (especially with every painter's dread foe, red). They can still be used for other purposes, they just might need more thinning than regular paint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Paint Chat

Why are MSP and MSP:HD the same price if HD is supposed to have more pigment? Also, is it true that GW makes the best metallics still? I have used P3 ever since P3 became a thing, but I am willing to try MSP:HD since the price is right.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

I can't explain the pricing, but I love the HD paints. Reaper's metallics aren't great, though. As far as comparison goes I can only say that they're way better than craft paints, but I've never been impressed with them in my admittedly limited experience.

I'd love some new wash colors, though.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib
In other news, there are apparently people in the Kickstarter comments complaining about new minis added to the core, on the basis that it adds weight for the international backers and forces them to pay more for minis they don't want.

Which just goes to show you absolutely cannot make everyone happy.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

...didn't Reaper say that additions to the core wouldn't increase the projected shipping cost at this point? Or am I misremembering?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

djfooboo posted:

Paint Chat

Why are MSP and MSP:HD the same price if HD is supposed to have more pigment? Also, is it true that GW makes the best metallics still? I have used P3 ever since P3 became a thing, but I am willing to try MSP:HD since the price is right.

Vallejo's metallics are amazing

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

djfooboo posted:

Paint Chat

I use HD paints for base coats and P3 for finishing, I really like the HD paints. I'll be picking up the new colors for sure.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Azhais posted:

Vallejo's Model Air, Liquid Gold, and some of the Model Color metallics are amazing

Fixed that for you.

Really not happy with the VGC metallics, they're way too 'glittery'

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
So if I want to update my pledge with my accurate amount (including shipping) do I still lose my place in the 'queue'? I'm currently signed on for wave 2 shipping and I don't really want to go to wave 6.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Wazzu posted:

So if I want to update my pledge with my accurate amount (including shipping) do I still lose my place in the 'queue'? I'm currently signed on for wave 2 shipping and I don't really want to go to wave 6.

Yeah you go to Manage Your Pledge on KS and there are 2 amounts. 1 is your pledge level and the other is your pledge amount. Alter the pledge amount but leave your pledge level the same.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
I really wish I had gotten on the paints in Bones I, once I got my shipment and dug out all my GW paints I found that most of them were dried out and I ended up buying a full set of Reaper Paints at retail prices. That said I really like the Reaper HD paints.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

signalnoise posted:

Yeah you go to Manage Your Pledge on KS and there are 2 amounts. 1 is your pledge level and the other is your pledge amount. Alter the pledge amount but leave your pledge level the same.

I think he was actually talking about the issue where changing your pledge momentarily actually cancels your pledge and for a second or so, it's available for someone else to snipe.

However, at this stage, I don't think you need to sweat it, it's not likely anyone is waiting in the shadows to steal your sweet sweet wave 2 slot. I'm wave 1 and have adjusted my pledge multiple times without issue. If you're really paranoid, wait until like 4AM and do it then.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Bad Munki posted:

I think he was actually talking about the issue where changing your pledge momentarily actually cancels your pledge and for a second or so, it's available for someone else to snipe.

Wow that is some bullshit coding

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Yeah, it's pretty silly. But then, I don't think kickstarter was designed with the super-desperate rapid fire competition in mind that comes with some limited tiers on campaigns like Bones. It happened to a few people, they complained, and reaper basically said, "Sorry, there's nothing we can do."

Like I said, though: at this point, it's probably not an issue.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

I thought that Reaper said that they'd heard that it was possible, not that they had any confirmed cases of it happening.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I got one. :v:

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib
I figured out what I wanted to spend before the KS started. I set my pledge there. Ain't gonna raise it, ain't gonna lower it. If it's not exact at the end, I'll PayPal 'em a couple of bucks when it's over.

Here's some news from the Comments (stolen from posts on the Reaper boards by OneBoot and ReaperBryan)

They've talked a bit about how they use the data from the pledge manager here. It tells them both how many people have selected a given reward, and how many of each have been ordered. They use these numbers to shift around later rewards to try and give people what they want. They look more closely at the first, because they know a lot of the people ordering ten of something are eBay sellers, and not necessarily representative of their future customer base.

They've also said that there's something big planned for the last day. Something in line with Kaladrax and Cthulhu to get that final surge.

There's probably going to be more cavalry added, so that'll be good news for a lot of folks.

Anhurians appeared in the Kickstarter because people have been requesting them so much since it started. Which makes sense, because they're pretty much perfect generic medieval soldiers/guards.

The Familiar pack was one of the best sellers in retail, which surprised a lot of folks (especially given the complaints when it showed up last Kickstarter). This suggests that we might see more familiars in this one.

The ruins we saw in the video were sculpted by Bob Ridolfi.

Julie Guthrie is finishing up a sculpt that's apparently expected to be highly desirable. It apparently is meant to occupy said ruins.

The Kraken measures 12" long, not 15" some people have apparently reported. Still pretty damned big.

They are not planning any exclusive miniatures for this Kickstarter.

Angels sell decently well in metal, though not as well as demons/devils. They would like to make Bones angels at some point.

Some of the following (from a fellow's wishlist) are going to be in future stretch goals:
1. Female monsters (orcs, ogres, goblins, bugbears, gnolls...)
2. town guards, thieves, thugs, brigands, Anhurians
3. clear transparent air elementals
4. the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse + the Harbinger
5. Umber Hulk
6. Shambling Mound
7. Classic Bathalians
8. Urban zombies (nurses, cops, soldiers, construction workers, suits, chef, etc)

We've seen the Anhurians, so it'll be interesting what other ones are planned.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

JackMann posted:

Some of the following (from a fellow's wishlist) are going to be in future stretch goals:
1. Female monsters (orcs, ogres, goblins, bugbears, gnolls...)
2. town guards, thieves, thugs, brigands, Anhurians
3. clear transparent air elementals
4. the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse + the Harbinger
5. Umber Hulk
6. Shambling Mound
7. Classic Bathalians
8. Urban zombies (nurses, cops, soldiers, construction workers, suits, chef, etc)

We've seen the Anhurians, so it'll be interesting what other ones are planned.

No mention of more Sci-Fi minis? That's a shame.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Bucnasti posted:

No mention of more Sci-Fi minis? That's a shame.

That's just some guy spamming his stupid list every 30 minutes, and a reaper guy said "Well, something or some things on that list will be in this kickstarter."

It's in no way an actual list of things to be made.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
10 days to go? I know the last 2-3 days of most KS tend to get crazy, but they better kick this into a higher gear sooner than later.

I'm holding onto my core (second wave), but so far I'm still only interested in the mouslings, kraken and one paint set. The smattering of stuff in core I do like isn't worth $100 to me and the $50 core add-ons still feel like a rip off to me (I know they are not, but it's how I perceive them; they are just watering down the core set).

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

bearbating is now adorable
Stupid question, when I up my pledge, should I add on the shipping costs as part of my increased pledge?

Babby Sathanas fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Oct 16, 2013

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Baby Sathanas posted:

Stupid question, when I up my pledge, should I add on the shipping costs as part of my increased pledge?

Yep, that's why the calculator is there.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Well, those that were oohing and aahing about the sharkman, you got him.

They've also revealed expansion #3, which is pretty slim pickings count-wise, but is some nice big scenery. I doubt many will be interested in it until it grows significantly. Except then they went and put a god drat tardis on it, so of course there will be a contingent of buyers for that alone.

e: Sgt Forscale :3:

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006
I want Tong Po! Give me Tong Po!

Bad Munki posted:

They've also revealed expansion #3, which is pretty slim pickings count-wise, but is some nice big scenery. I doubt many will be interested in it until it grows significantly. Except then they went and put a god drat tardis on it, so of course there will be a contingent of buyers for that alone.

Well, they know who they're dealing with and they know how to rope 'em in.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

See, I'm loving that pack so far, but they're going to need to fill it up before I put any money towards it.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Signal posted:

See, I'm loving that pack so far, but they're going to need to fill it up before I put any money towards it.
Alternately: they're all tardises, but with functioning chameleon circuits.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Yeah if that gets filled up I'm in

Bones: what you'll be droppin on this kickstarter

Imazul
Sep 3, 2006

This was actually a lot more bearable than most of you made it out to be.
The Numenera figures are really good looking and yes I am getting the second core expansion only because of the Tardis looking thing.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Imazul posted:

The Numenera figures are really good looking and yes I am getting the second core expansion only because of the Tardis looking thing.

Third expansion, not second. Just so you don't accidentally sign up for the wrong thing. :)

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib
I am immensely amused by Sgt Forscale.

The Numenara figures should help punch things up a bit too, once Monte Cook gets around to making an announcement.

Not terribly excited by the new expansion, but we'll see what other stuff's going to pop up with it. Though, yes, the police call box is definitely going to be a popular item.

Imazul
Sep 3, 2006

This was actually a lot more bearable than most of you made it out to be.

Bad Munki posted:

Third expansion, not second. Just so you don't accidentally sign up for the wrong thing. :)

Thank you, I am getting confused by all those expansions, free addons, payed addons and tricks.

TheGreySpectre
Sep 18, 2012

You let the wolves in. Why would you do that?
I think the idea of having 3 expansion with different (hopefully related) content is a good idea as some people want more sci fi stuff and others more fantasy stuff. With that being said I do hope they expand the expansions pretty quickly because (and I could be wrong here) I doubt that many people will buy all 3 expansions.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Bad Munki posted:

I wonder how much that shipping container will be by itself. People pay a pretty penny for AT-43 shipping containers to use in terrain.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Glad to see Reaper is watching this thread and taking my advice. I would love to see what the expansion #3 turns into. Provided it maxes out I don't see passing on it.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Come on 25mm pyramid. Or an El Camino and Crown Vic combo I can use for my Orkz.

Hubis
May 18, 2003

Boy, I wish we had one of those doomsday machines...

Bad Munki posted:

I want to get one just so I can paint it red and troll all my Dr. Who fan friends.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Do that, and call it what my mother in law calls it: Mr. Who. There will be no end to the anguish.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Just do it in light blue, that might get more reaction.

That new expansion looks like it might be pretty good. Might have to abandon the core set or the add-ons if it's mostly sci-fi.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"Negotiations were going well. They were very impressed by my hat." -Issaries the Concilliator"

Pretty nice looking monsters, although 15$ seems a lot for 4 of these.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I know what they're going to do for their final day boost, I've figured it out, I've beaten them at their own game.

Knight Forscale Included

• Locked thread