Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 202 days!
I have a theory about this chapter:

Ysengrin is adorable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Did his suit just sprout leaves?

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

MikeJF posted:

It's a tree-suit. When he's not in it, it remembers it's a tree.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
I hope the next chapter is something strange and/or melancholy like the ancient robot one, because those are honestly my favorite.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer
Is it just me or is there something a bit off about her eyes in that last panel?

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Osmosisch posted:

Is it just me or is there something a bit off about her eyes in that last panel?

The errant hair on her face messes a little with perception, yeah. It makes her eyes look horizontally unaligned. Try covering the hair with a pencil or something, the effect goes away.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I just hope no one mistook Ysengrin's chin as a smile in the second panel THIS TIME. :smug:

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
:o) <(You should be better prepared for your new duties.)

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!
That last panel was very pretty; of course this means sad things lie ahead for Ysengrin. :smith:

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

MikeJF posted:

What do you think the robe's made of?

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

This was a good chapter. :unsmith:

That sucks. The :smith: is coming, friends. And it will hit with a force hitherto unknown.

Next Chapter is Kat and Paz playing rhythm games with Mort having Fun Time in the background.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

I fear that Ysen might not be around much longer and he sorta recognizes it :ohdear:

I would happily be wrong though.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Blackheart posted:

I just hope no one mistook Ysengrin's chin as a smile in the second panel THIS TIME. :smug:

I purposely did in honor of the last time!

Think it's significant he said "When you come visit me" instead of "When you visit the forest" now?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Nicolae Carpathia posted:

Antimony using a more mature speech pattern is nothing new. Actually, it seems like in recent times she's started talking more informally than she did at the beginning of the strip.

"Be polite, be professional, but have an inner fire to burn everyone you meet."

VanSandman posted:

Cue 18 pages of Annie yelling her hair longer.
Tom could make it work.

Dr Pepper posted:

Both Yesngrin and Renard are from medieval folktales, Yesngrin was basically the Tom to Renard's Jerry.

Yes-ngrin? Autocompletion on a rampage?

Fatkraken posted:

It's a tree-suit. When he's not in it, it remembers it's a tree.

Camouflage. When Ys parks his vehicle, it disguises as an ordinary tree so nobody steals it.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Yes-n-grin, Coyote's other sycophantic lackey.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Cat Mattress posted:

Camouflage. When Ys parks his vehicle, it disguises as an ordinary tree so nobody steals it.

Now I want Annie borrowing and driving the tree mech armour around laughing maniacally.

No.44
Dec 14, 2012

PrinceRandom posted:

I fear that Ysen might not be around much longer and he sorta recognizes it :ohdear:

I would happily be wrong though.

You know, I've been wondering if maybe Surma made the wolf-plush for Annie to use as a vessel for Ysengrin. I mean, he was probably in the same state he is now when Surma was around.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
I dunno, Surma was the court medium and the headmaster seemed genuinely surprised when he saw Ysengrin.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

A great chapter.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
Ha ha ha ha ha. Oh Annie. Ha ha. Tom, thank you so much for making this comic.

VV. That's the best part.

Matlock Birthmark fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Oct 16, 2013

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

I saw a bunch of people make his joke/predict this joke happening yet that doesn't take away in the slightest from actually seeing it happen. It's wonderful.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Whitenoise Poster posted:

I saw a bunch of people make his joke/predict this joke happening yet that doesn't take away in the slightest from actually seeing it happen. It's wonderful.

I know, right? It's just perfect.

Dogwood Fleet
Sep 14, 2013
She must have been itching the entire walk home to tell that one.

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Oh Annie. :allears:

It's not my blood.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

:ms:

Poor Paz; she didn't know what she was signing up for.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Exactly what everyone expected would happen, yet still amazing. That last panel :allears:

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr
Well the it's not my blood predictors should be happy.

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

Portals posted:

Oh Annie. :allears:

It's not my blood.

Bahaha, that face!

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
A perfect punchline not at all diminished by the fact that so many saw it coming, and that final panel with the scary eyes Annie had me in stitches.

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

Annie's creepy smile now really makes me want to see Jones' smile for comparison.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Okay that last one is the perfect panel.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Annie's come a long way from fretting over Kat being violent in GTA

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!
Yeah that face cracked me up, Annie looks like such a pleasant sort of psycho in that panel, she'll serve you tea and crumpets before she eats your face.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Parts Kit posted:

Well the it's not my blood predictors should be happy.

Is it finally time for me to get a Gunnerkrigg avatar?

I can't think of any way to improve on the text. Maybe 'blood' could link to a certain page?

heenato
Oct 26, 2010

We wish to communicate with you!
Kat and Paz are playing that Hatsune Miku rhythm game. I just noticed that.

But seriously, Annie's crazy-eyes are the best thing in this panel.

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer
Today page. The best page.

AfroSquirrel posted:

Is it finally time for me to get a Gunnerkrigg avatar?

I can't think of any way to improve on the text. Maybe 'blood' could link to a certain page?

http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=1255

This one feels appropriate.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

I distinctly remember someone in this thread totally called that last line.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Oneiros posted:

:ms:

Poor Paz; she didn't know what she was signing up for.

Hah, I was just wondering (when I was re-reading half the comic yesterday as you are wont to do) whether she had any idea of the weird even by Court standards stuff that her girlfriend gets mixed up in.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

:shepface:

hahaha oh god.

After such a fun chapter I'm sure the next one will be even funnier, just chock full of happy things happening!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!
Every chapter is the best chapter, but this has to be my favorite one yet.

Tom, if you're reading this, would it be possible to have a print of Kat's bizarre Zimmy form and one of Annie in her fire elemental form made? It'd be nifty to put them up next to my Treatise prints.