Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Contest Winner posted:

Some Japanese kid just got a Snorlax named 'Your Mom' over Wonder Trade, I hope he enjoys it.

I am assuming that there is no way to get more than 7 boxes until the Pokebank service comes out? I am starting to fill my 5rh box, and there is still tons of catching and breeding to do even before taking into account the friend safari.

I have 15 boxes, though I have no idea what triggered it. In BW2 it was putting at least 1 pokemon in each box you had, but I'm not sure if that did the trick this time or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
Oh cool, thanks guys. I haven't played a Pokemon game this far in quite a while, so that's good to know.

Zackcat
Nov 28, 2009

Let me tell you about Silent Hill Visual Novels~
People everywhere online talking about running into shinys everywhere. I have been using the Masuda Method all day trying to get 1 Shiny Honedge.

the shiny grind is real.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Zackcat posted:

People everywhere online talking about running into shinys everywhere. I have been using the Masuda Method all day trying to get 1 Shiny Honedge.

the shiny grind is real.

Alternatively, Monster Hunter's Desire Sensor has found its way into Pokemon. :v:

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

It's been a long time since I used the Gen 4 radar, so perhaps I'm just forgetting some unpleasant aspects of it, but I sure as poo poo don't remember it cutting off chains at 1 or 2 for no discernible reason/generating patches of shaking grass with nothing in them that cut off the chain/doing loving nothing when activated now and then. Did it do all that back in the day, or did Game Freak decide it needed to be made worse for some bizarre reason?

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Kooriken posted:

My Tyrunt is Relatively Superior and apparently has some fantastic stats. Is there any place with info on what all he says means? I'm assuming my Tyrunt is pretty decent at least with those lines.

I can't say for certain, but he said "This Pokemon has relatively superior potential overall. That's how I judge it, anyway. Incidentally, I would say that its greatest potential lies in its HP. But its Attack stat is good, too. Although its Sp. Atk stat is equally good. Stats like those... They simply can't be beat! That's how I judge it."

e: Bulbapedia's Gen V Coverage seems to be pretty on.

Unbound fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Oct 16, 2013

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Countblanc posted:

What terrain is in effect for wifi battles? I'm not sure if this matters for anything beyond Nature Power and Gogoat's hidden ability.

Nature Power becomes Tri Attack, unfortunately. Sawsbuck is really gonna miss Earthquake.

Culex
Jul 22, 2007

Crime sucks.
Gotta say I really appreciate how the lower screen EV training maxes you at 252, not 255, per stat.

I used a newborn Helioptile and killed a Krokorok and a Dragonite, then maxed out my SpA and Spe with the punch bags, and I wasn't maxed out total; ran an HP course and got given 2 points out of 8 and finally maxed.

Also does anyone have a list yet of berry crossbreedings? I've only found one yet and want to find more faster.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
So Bargain Power apparently doesn't work on clothes. At max nothing is expensive anymore and everything is so dirt cheap, but that's just for store items.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Oct 16, 2013

TheEggsBenedict
Jan 4, 2013

if i go crazy then
will you still
call me superman
How do you open the other power plant doors on route 13? Are they for events?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Contest Winner posted:

Some Japanese kid just got a Snorlax named 'Your Mom' over Wonder Trade, I hope he enjoys it.

I just gave some Japanese kid a Pansear named DONG QUIXOTE for a loving Eevee :rock:

I'm so glad I tried Wonder Trade, I'm gonna flood the market with Pokemon named DONG and GANJA.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
quote not edit

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Finally got someone to trade me a Japanese (though all I really wanted was verifiably non-US) Ditto. Now starts the real grind for a Shiny Hasty Protean Froakie :getin:

Culex posted:

Also does anyone have a list yet of berry crossbreedings? I've only found one yet and want to find more faster.

The only ones I've found so far are Oran + Pecha = Qualot and Mago + Iapapa = something else that I forget.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
I've visited every cafe, and Viola was not as the Lumiose Press for me to talk to. I still can't get into the Boutique should I try beating the battle cafes next?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

JackDarko posted:

I've visited every cafe, and Viola was not as the Lumiose Press for me to talk to. I still can't get into the Boutique should I try beating the battle cafes next?

Yes beat the battle cafes. That and fight in the alleys.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

WrightOfWay posted:

Nature Power becomes Tri Attack, unfortunately. Sawsbuck is really gonna miss Earthquake.

Sounds like it's the "building" terrain then. Sucks for Gogoat, what a useless ability.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Countblanc posted:

Sounds like it's the "building" terrain then. Sucks for Gogoat, what a useless ability.

Gogoat's best ability is the music that plays when you ride him or Skiddo.

Also who else has unlocked the fancy style extra super secret haircuts? :black101:

There are supposedly more.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Oct 16, 2013

Specto
Jun 28, 2010
Dunno if this has been posted

http://imgur.com/dq2Kdbf

info on luminose city stuff, like the boutique. Not absolutely sure, but worth testing

Specto fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Oct 16, 2013

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Just checking but can you breed a pokemon with a hidden ability if the father has it with a regular ditto or does it have to have imposter?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

It's the little things that makes this game so god drat beautiful.

Like catching a pikachu in the first forest out of your town, or an ursaring on victory road. Honestly, this is the most fun I've had in a Pokemon game since I started playing them as a kid and that's saying a lot.

Flopsy posted:

Just checking but can you breed a pokemon with a hidden ability if the father has it with a regular ditto or does it have to have imposter?

Regular works for me.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Flopsy posted:

Any ditto works as long as the other poke has a hidden ability.

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

Flopsy posted:

A regular ditto works a regular female does not. Imposter is unknown right now.

Crosscontaminant
Jan 18, 2007

Flopsy posted:

By the looks of it the new rules are hidden abilities are passed down if either parent has theirs regardless of whether it's an Imposter Ditto or what have you.

Zurai posted:

Any ditto works as long as the other poke has a hidden ability.

LeafyOrb posted:

A regular ditto works a regular female does not. Imposter is unknown right now.
I thought they tested Imposter Ditto in #xyresearch and found it passes down DW ability status?

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

Neo_Crimson posted:

Alternatively, Monster Hunter's Desire Sensor has found its way into Pokemon. :v:

The desire sensor is all-pervasive, it knows and sees all.

The spacing between the 3rd-4th-5th gyms seems really, really short after the gap between the first and second.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Any news on the location of the Discount Voucher for the boutique?

Zackcat
Nov 28, 2009

Let me tell you about Silent Hill Visual Novels~
after not getting a legit shiny since G/S I finally did it. Was getting Imposter Dittos for a pal, and checking some new FCs I had. Shiny Snover came to me. I am so happy~

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Countblanc posted:

Gogoat (and maybe other grass types) learns a move called Grassy Terrain which changes the terrain and powers up grass moves. It might have other effects too, like how Misty Terrain weakens dragon attacks but its still pretty gimmicky and grass is a terrible offensive typing.

Forer
Jan 18, 2010

"How do I get rid of these nasty roaches?!"

Easy, just burn your house down.
So pardon the picture not being the right orientation but I was trying to look around and see what was in different peoples friend safari, and there was one that just kept throwing metang at me and pissing me off so I skipped it for later.

Came back today and FINALLY caught a metang, and still haven't seen what his second pokemon was, so I stick around and

:aaaa:

(also the second pokemon ended up being mawile.)

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007
Are there maniacs in this game that buy mushrooms and ores and stuff for more than usual? If so, where are they?

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Anyone know how to carry IVs over to your baby pokemon? I've got two Protean Frogadiers with 31 IVs in Atk/Def and Def/Speed, and sometimes I won't even end up with one perfect.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
Does anyone have nidoran (m) or kabutos on your friend safari? If so, let me be your friend!

Captain Matchbox
Sep 22, 2008

BOP THE STOATS
These looker missions are really boring

Soral
May 30, 2009

I noticed that the Pokemon Global Link is working now. This thing is super neat, I really like going through friends' profiles and checking out what trades they've made.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Lumiose style mechanic explanation from guide.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.

RoyalScion posted:

It just took me 30+ balls to catch a Metang. :wtc:

Metang is harder to catch than most legendaries.

Also, can I nominate Lysander for most obvious villain of all time? He makes Snidely Whiplash look like an innocent bystander.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Zeruel posted:

Anyone know how to carry IVs over to your baby pokemon? I've got two Protean Frogadiers with 31 IVs in Atk/Def and Def/Speed, and sometimes I won't even end up with one perfect.

IVs will carry over if a Pokemon has the EV item equipped (Muscle Belt, etc.), but in HG/SS, this only applied to one of the parents and the pass-down effect would cancel fully if both of them had the item equipped. Otherwise, it randomly chooses two IVs to pass down from each parent, and then the baby generates two more.

horchata
Oct 17, 2010
anyone else feel kinda gimped that male clothing looks so plain or gaudy compared to the pretty, cute stuff that girls have

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

:black101: Break a leg! :black101:
I'm really unsure where to go to level up past the Elite Four. I've been having to make do with Victory Road, since the postgame city seemed to be exclusively for Friend Safari and the battle place. :v:

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Have I mentioned how much I love the online integration in X and Y though? I would love to see more singleplayer games where the only interaction between you and other players is just sending each other dumb buffs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

horchata posted:

anyone else feel kinda gimped that male clothing looks so plain or gaudy compared to the pretty, cute stuff that girls have

Males get the Panda head hat, stop complaining. :colbert:

• Locked thread