Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Getting back on the mystery train while exploring around Luminose.

Checking out the museum with the audio guide on will tell you about 3 photos of the Power Plants. Each one gets energy from a different source, namely through Fire, extracting heat from the Ground, and one from decomposing waste (poison?), so each seems to have a typing included with it. Though if this is accurate, the one that's unlocked should show some sign of a hidden area. I'm gonna go back and explore in there again a bit later.

Additionally, at the high speed rail station, there's a little boy wandering by the empty rail talking like he's misplaced something. Still pretty curious about that whole thing.

I finally got around to encountering the "You are not the one" girl, too. No idea what in the hell that's about, gonna check tomorrow and see if she's a reoccuring thing, or if it's just a one off. Perhaps she relocates to another place?

I'm also making work of following that hiker from hotel to hotel to try to get a strange souvenir for myself. So far he's not saying anything new.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
Now when I think about it, they had the perfect opportunity to make a mega-evo for Skarmory and make it offensive based or something fun like that. Instead we got Electrike?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Does anyone have an impostor ditto? I really want Talonflame's hidden ability.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
So where the hell is Professor Sycamore's secret stash? I fought him in the town before the 8th gym and as he left he told me he had something hidden there.

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?

Evil Eagle posted:

I just read about this. Am I really going to have to worry about priority STAB Brave Birds in online battles now? :gonk:

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

There is a feature that lets you set up a special pc box filled with 6 pokemon you can pull out during online battles. I haven't used it, but an NPC mentioned it. If that's your only problem with online battling you really have no reason not to do it.

Wait the Battle Box is back? I haven't seen it, gotta look for it then. Thanks.
Though, I DO have a lot more than just 6 Pokemon I wanna use online, but I guess I'll have to manage.

Dastardly posted:

Now when I think about it, they had the perfect opportunity to make a mega-evo for Skarmory and make it offensive based or something fun like that. Instead we got Electrike?
Just change his head a little and make him Steel/Dragon with Sniper or Motor Drive :getin:

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

:krakentoot:

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

So where the hell is Professor Sycamore's secret stash? I fought him in the town before the 8th gym and as he left he told me he had something hidden there.

Maybe it's the hidden Prism Scale? Can't see it being much else, unless there's something that Pokemon Company doesn't want to tell us about, because it sure as hell doesn't say anything about it in the guide.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

There is a feature that lets you set up a special pc box filled with 6 pokemon you can pull out during online battles. I haven't used it, but an NPC mentioned it. If that's your only problem with online battling you really have no reason not to do it.

I could use my battle box for the battle maison, but not in an online battle. No idea if there's some other kind of online battle that does use the battle box.

Seluin
Jan 4, 2004

Anyone got a handle on what daily stuff happens in the world? I remember there being a lady who gives out TMs, and maybe one who gives out berries (but I don't remember where they are).

I don't have a lot of time during the week to play, so I like to check in, water my berries, and do anything else that requires RL time passing.

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

Kikas posted:

This is the reason I reject most challenges - I'm leveling up the dudes I like, not want to fight with them YET. I wish Gamefreak thought of that and let us use any of the pokes we have in the PC when a challenge is issued, they got so many things right, and this is the BIGGEST flaw I can find in the game.

I've been accepting most challenges. I had a (reasonably) balanced party while playing through the game, so while it wasn't ideal, it usually held up okay.

At one point I accepted a challenge from a Japanese guy, and trounced him pretty hard despite the matchup looking even. He then challenges me an hour later with a team made up of Xerneas, Yveltal, Mewtwo, Moltres, Zygarde, and Mega Gengar.

My Tyrunt hadn't even evolved yet. :smithicide:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Evil Eagle posted:

People tested that, unless there's some secret handshake needed (I wouldn't have believed holding the 3DS upside down to evolve) it's not an accurate rumor.

As far as storing Pokemon I have one box of breeding-notables (starters, one-shots, my Flame Body guy), anoter of guys I want to play with, and the rest are just placed wherever. Except for Box 5. Box 5 is to remain empty for ghost pokemons' personal use, otherwise terrible things will befall my savefile.

Nickname Pending
Jan 2, 2008

I learned how to play beer pong from the Prince of Uganda at a university party.
It seems that using the bike around Lumiose helps more with the terrible camera angle over the rollerskates. But the city really is poorly designed.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
Disappointed with Wailord, It's barely bigger than a Vileplume.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Sade posted:

So my girlfriend, being the saint that she is, was breeding Goomies to hand out over Wonder Trade earlier and had this pop out of an egg.

(Phone camera quality, sorry, but that's a shiny.)
From what I've gathered in this topic and on 4chan is the secret to getting shinies is to have your girlfriends catch them for you. Congrats! I'm just gonna try and transfer over my original, first shiny from Sapphire and be happy with my shiny Flygon. (It's on Platinum right now)

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Nickname Pending posted:

It seems that using the bike around Lumiose helps more with the terrible camera angle over the rollerskates. But the city really is poorly designed.

Yeah. I get trying something new for a "lost in a big city" feeling, but most of the time you're fighting the camera rather than finding your way around. Contrast with the circular city in B/W/B2/W2, which could make you lose track of which buildings were where but kept the camera oriented for easy movement at all times.

Gliffy
Oct 5, 2013
How rare is abra in X? I saw one and have been searching on rt5 for about 90 minutes since haven't seen another. Is there a better place?

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

:black101: Break a leg! :black101:
Still wondering where I should be going to level up after the Elite Four. I don't really want to just trounce them over and over but Victory Road is slowing down pretty hard near 80. :v:

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Chocolate Donuts posted:

Still wondering where I should be going to level up after the Elite Four. I don't really want to just trounce them over and over but Victory Road is slowing down pretty hard near 80. :v:

Do some breeding, wonder trade away the undesirables, cash in pokemiles for rare candies at 250pm/ea.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Do you need a rod to catch a Skrelp or is surfing enough?

BLUNDERCATS! noooo
Oct 30, 2008

Anung Un Rama, Urush Un Rama

Carlioo posted:

So I've managed to get a copy of the Pokemon X/Y Guidebook. While it doesn't cover everything, it does have some useful stuff, like egg groups, routes and most importantly stylish points. Do you want me to upload things from the book or is that considered :filez:

Note: I don't have a scanner, but my Nikon is pretty good at taking pictures. I won't upload all 300 pages, although if you have any requests I'll gladly help.

Can you check what egg group Tyrunt is in? I must know!!

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
When is the earliest I can get a Dawn stone?

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Bruceski posted:

Yeah. I get trying something new for a "lost in a big city" feeling, but most of the time you're fighting the camera rather than finding your way around. Contrast with the circular city in B/W/B2/W2, which could make you lose track of which buildings were where but kept the camera oriented for easy movement at all times.

Lumiose's camera is basically SMT IV's camera 3 but instead letting you rotate the camera as you like with L and R, it's tied to moving left/right. They should at least let you change camera positions between a street and top down view.

Maybe this is Game Freak's way of encouraging you to take the cabs as a money sink. :v:

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Is it possible to transfer mons over the old-fashioned way? As in, can I use my old DS with white 2 to bring over my team of murderbeasts before the bank arrives?

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

BottledBodhisvata posted:

When is the earliest I can get a Dawn stone?

As soon as you get Surf. There's one across the water on Route 3.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Gliffy posted:

How rare is abra in X? I saw one and have been searching on rt5 for about 90 minutes since haven't seen another. Is there a better place?

I don't think they are that rare, I saw a few though my brother never saw a single one. If you really can't get one, hop on IRC and tell me your friend code. I have one I can trade too you.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
This game needs more Audinos. :(

Captain Matchbox
Sep 22, 2008

BOP THE STOATS

Gliffy posted:

I got 3 on that route, 2 in a row

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost
Ugh, the Berry Farm is frustrating and poorly-implemented. Why can't I just drag a selection of three berries into the composter with the touchpad instead of picking them from a list one by one? Why do I have to go through dialogue and menus to compost/plant/water et cetera everything instead of just picking a set of options or something? It's nonsense. :argh:

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

:krakentoot:

BLUNDERCATS! noooo posted:

Can you check what egg group Tyrunt is in? I must know!!

Monster and Dragon. Doing a write-up on all the egg groups now. Only has the Kalos Dex, but hey, better then nothing I guess. EDIT: I lied, but it doesn't have all legendaries in it.

Carlioo fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Oct 16, 2013

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Cuckoo posted:

Is it possible to transfer mons over the old-fashioned way? As in, can I use my old DS with white 2 to bring over my team of murderbeasts before the bank arrives?

There's no way for DS and 3DS games to interact so you're gonna have to wait til december when the Pokebank app rolls out.

Coldstone Cream-my-pants
Jun 21, 2007
I just went back to the aquarium to get Rock Smash after beating the Grass Gym and getting Fly. Should I go back to the Glittering Cave or anywhere else in particular to get all the stuff I missed?

If it's all just poo poo you can buy in stores I'll say forget it, but I don't want to miss anything cool.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
Welcome to Geosenge Town, check out our big hole, no really it's huge.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Cuckoo posted:

No, the bank is the only method this time around.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

BottledBodhisvata posted:

This game needs more Audinos. :(

You should spend more time at the Battle Chateau. :shobon:

Captain Matchbox
Sep 22, 2008

BOP THE STOATS

Ixjuvin posted:

Ugh, the Berry Farm is frustrating and poorly-implemented. Why can't I just drag a selection of three berries into the composter with the touchpad instead of picking them from a list one by one? Why do I have to go through dialogue and menus to compost/plant/water et cetera everything instead of just picking a set of options or something? It's nonsense. :argh:

Because as fun as the game is, it pretends a decade of improvement to many aspects of game design never happened

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Millions posted:

I just read about this. Am I really going to have to worry about priority STAB Brave Birds in online battles now? :gonk:

Nope, you'll have to worry about STAB Flying Gem itemless Acrobatics in online battles.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Strange Quark posted:

You should spend more time at the Battle Chateau. :shobon:

But...but it's so faaaaaaar. Nobody has taught me to Fly yet.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Livingtrope posted:

You know, it's kind of bullshit that I can't sky battle when I have Hawlucha right there game, come on!

Only Flying or Levitating pokemon who actually fly or levitate in the in-battle model are allowed to participate in sky battles :( That means anything standing on the ground, like Hawlucha, is automatically disqualified. It sucks.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Man, when they say "Winding Woods" they really mean "Winding" this time.

Also has anyone encountered a Galvantula or a Spinarak yet? I MUST HAVE ONE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King of the Karp
Oct 8, 2010
Anyone got any cool ideas for a (not oppressive) rain team? I always loved rain dance teams back in gen 4 before the advent of Drizzle Politoed, and I'd like to make a team reminiscent of that era. I'm currently training a dry skin Heliolisk, because he learns Surf apparently. Also he's just kinda cool. Maybe will run a rain dance Crobat, which covers Heliolisk's weaknesses pretty well. Any other suggestions would be cool.

Also, have people found out any good EV grinding locations? Currently I'm using the super trainer, but it seems pretty slow, unless I'm missing something. On the other hand, EV training without the power items and pokerus seems pretty rough too. The early post-game period is always so rough, when you want to start breeding and training higher quality stuff, but have no means to do it.

• Locked thread