Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

You know, while bunnyhopping is a fairly standard tactic in online games these days, I had never thought I'd see it in GTA:O. In a race. With a supercar. But there he was, some hacker, bouncing his merry way to a win on The Commute.

:psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
Oh man, what a little 10-foot spring in your step would do to just pop over all the dumb pubbies trying to ram everyone else off the road at their own expense. I can just see them swinging in to PIT you and they whiff under your chassis and into a guard rail.

I gotta learn how to do that.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:

Ara posted:

I've never seen Patriots NOT spawn. Whenever I want to sell a car, I just grab the nearest Patriot and drive it to LCS. I don't think I've spent more than one minute searching for one in any of a dozen play sessions.

I've never ever seen a Patriot spawn in online. I see them all the time in story though :(

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Thanks to FrontlineKhan and GuyverSSJ3 for participating in the Great Los Santos Tank Massacre and killing cowardly pubbies while they hid on roofs and tried to sticky bomb trap me (they set off many but never touched) I think I killed over 100 pubbies across at least an hour and 30 minutes and two sessions (one without those two). Eventually I fired at a cop and my own shot blew me away.

Almost cleaned out the server but unfortunately more kept joining (and dying :unsmigghh:)

And to Guyver, you rammed me so you destroyed yourself not me :mad:

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Oct 16, 2013

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

Is this weird? Is this too weird? Do you need to sit down?

Dogo posted:

If anyone needs race wins, you can have em! I just need the levels and a couple slipstreams, so if anyone wants to get some unlocks for their cars taken care of, let me know. GT is Hawkown

drat it. If I wasn't working I would take you up on that.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

FallinInTheBlak posted:

I've never ever seen a Patriot spawn in online. I see them all the time in story though :(
I see them all the time up around sandy shores and stuff, basically anywhere north of vinewood hills, really.

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

Dogo posted:

If anyone needs race wins, you can have em! I just need the levels and a couple slipstreams, so if anyone wants to get some unlocks for their cars taken care of, let me know. GT is Hawkown

Just a heads up, and maybe I'm misreading you, but slipstreams aren't necessary to max out RP in a race. Just make sure Split times are set to Personal and make sure you beat your previous lap time every lap. I was getting a half rank every 3 laps without passing or slipstreaming.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

Is it possible to mute everyone except when you are in a job with them? I see friends/crew only options then nothing. It would be nice to be able to talk/communicate with random people during an instance.

Dogo
Sep 24, 2007

Robawesome posted:

Just a heads up, and maybe I'm misreading you, but slipstreams aren't necessary to max out RP in a race. Just make sure Split times are set to Personal and make sure you beat your previous lap time every lap. I was getting a half rank every 3 laps without passing or slipstreaming.

Lava colored paint requires slipstreams to unlock :)

Intrepid00
Nov 10, 2003

I'm tired of the PM’s asking if I actually poisoned kittens, instead look at these boobies.

Hockles posted:

I have hit 20/100 for Max Health at least 5 times. I'm level 33. It usually happens while I am taking damage/regenerating health during survivals.

I'm not hitting 20/100 and 40/100 multiple times at the same time.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I wish the clothes dresser would let you save outfits. I got an outfit for murdering, one for stealing, one for just cruising and one for bedtime. R* :argh:

Intrepid00
Nov 10, 2003

I'm tired of the PM’s asking if I actually poisoned kittens, instead look at these boobies.

coyo7e posted:

I see them all the time up around sandy shores and stuff, basically anywhere north of vinewood hills, really.

They either mess with the spawning server side or something breaks at times. On day Trevor's Airfield had cars spawning on the runway on every server I joined.

Johnnyonoes
Feb 4, 2008
Hates people, but likes groups

Coldforge posted:

A lot of them only start showing up after rank 60/70. The really good stuff seems to start after 75. Lower ranked people can still accept invites to them, so the names are worth knowing no matter your rank.

Edit for repost:

Good
Docks to Stocks I & II (Lester)
Chemical Extraction (Lester)
Rooftop Rumble (Martin)
Sinking Feeling (Lester)
Base Invaders (Ron)
Mixed Up with Coke (Martin)
Stocks and Scares (Lester)
Out Of Court Settlement (Martin)
Pretty much anything from Trevor

Okay
A titan of a Job (lester)

Bad
Parking Garage (Lester)
By Land Sea and Air (Lester)
Romance Isn't Dead (Ron)
Los Santos Connection (Martin)
Cops Capacity (Lester)
High Profile Case (??)
Stick up the Stickup Crew (Martin)
Anything from Simeon

Parking Garage gives 5k RP, totally worth the time and two grenade launcher shells.

Reo
Apr 11, 2003

That'll do, Carlos.
That'll do.

That list needs

Never
Death from Above

Yesterday I called & accepted Martin's Out of Court Settlement mission, only to be directed out towards a motel in Sandy Shores where I killed a bunch of rednecks for a measly $500 reward :confused:

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Are rewards from Crate Drops permanent? I picked up a Special Crate last night with 5000(!) RP, some cash, and a god drat minigun, I'm really hoping that's mine forever now.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

SplitSoul posted:

You know, while bunnyhopping is a fairly standard tactic in online games these days, I had never thought I'd see it in GTA:O. In a race. With a supercar. But there he was, some hacker, bouncing his merry way to a win on The Commute.

:psyduck:

That reminds me, hydraulics are something that you really miss from San Andreas in this game in multiplayer.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Intrepid00 posted:

They either mess with the spawning server side or something breaks at times. On day Trevor's Airfield had cars spawning on the runway on every server I joined.
Hahaha I remember, that was like Friday or Saturday wasn't it? I taxi'd a Titan down a runway absolutely covered by like 18 sandkings and blew everything to hell, just because. :3:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Chard posted:

Are rewards from Crate Drops permanent?

Nope

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Dogo posted:

Lava colored paint requires slipstreams to unlock :)

Isn't that just the same as red with orange pearlescent?

Woodburger
Dec 5, 2004

...Like a thousand other commanders on a thousand other battlefields, I wait for the dawn.
My new favorite thing is to host GTA races with Super Cars and not mention that I turned Wanted Levels on. People RAGE.

Woodburger fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Oct 17, 2013

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Today was loving boring. For some reason gooncrew people kept popping in and out of my game and I rolled mostly on my own. Some rear end in a top hat was yammering on about a cheater (another goon, not my crew though) and eventually got him kicked. Then people made fun of him for acting like a child. He invited everyone to try and kill him, which I did and turns out the guy was cheating. Couldn't shoot him, couldn't blow him up, nothing. :psyduck:

Me and cashcamden camped the LS Customs for a bit, but eventually the served emptied out and I'd been playing for a few hours already.

Where do cargobobs and tanks spawn anyway? I managed to steal a jet but they're a bitch to kill people with.

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax

Woodburger posted:

My new favorite thing is to host GTA races with Super Cars and not mention that I turned Wanted Levels on. People RAGE.

Oh my God I can hear them in my mind.

Will Of The Wisp
Jan 27, 2009
Me and my 4 friends got together in cop attire and sheriff cars.. then my friends waited at a backalley while I was driving around, messaging with my phone to pubbies to hop in so i can show them where to get free cop vehicles. Took them to the alley, blocked in, we all started nightsticking em'. Greatest fun ever.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

ravenkult posted:

He invited everyone to try and kill him, which I did and turns out the guy was cheating. Couldn't shoot him, couldn't blow him up, nothing. :psyduck:

Perhaps he had passive mode on?

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

ravenkult posted:

Today was loving boring. For some reason gooncrew people kept popping in and out of my game and I rolled mostly on my own. Some rear end in a top hat was yammering on about a cheater (another goon, not my crew though) and eventually got him kicked. Then people made fun of him for acting like a child. He invited everyone to try and kill him, which I did and turns out the guy was cheating. Couldn't shoot him, couldn't blow him up, nothing. :psyduck:

Me and cashcamden camped the LS Customs for a bit, but eventually the served emptied out and I'd been playing for a few hours already.

Where do cargobobs and tanks spawn anyway? I managed to steal a jet but they're a bitch to kill people with.
Cargobobs spawn at uhh, 25 or 35? And then stop spawning. They can be on most helipads but usually show up at trevor's airfield and the airport in the far south. Tanks spawn in the military base (until they get blown up, then they don't spawn for a while I think) and you can steal them with the cargogbob.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

FallinInTheBlak posted:

Perhaps he had passive mode on?

Nah, he was shooting at me fine. He admitted it on chat anyway.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Woodburger posted:

Edit: In as XenoEnder612 on 360 if anyone is up for some shenanigans.

That sounds delightfully cruel.

GTA races suck, though. It's like combining the least fun parts of Forza Motorsport and Super Mario Kart.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

ravenkult posted:

Well, the game is incredibly broken so I'm not surprised.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

ravenkult posted:

Report him for cheating, move on with your life and know that he will lose his 50 bucks/year account and all his achievements and savegames for everything.

Unless he's on PSN or PC, then I guess you're hosed. ;)

I am curious to know which platforms these cheats are happening on, I've heard of a couple folks now who've had a pubby giev them tens or hundreds of millions of dollars but they sounded liek throwaway PSN accounts mostly.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

The Midniter posted:

That sounds delightfully cruel.

GTA races suck, though. It's like combining the least fun parts of Forza Motorsport and Super Mario Kart.

I always hosted a GTA race on 4 that was pretty great. It was a figure 8 around times square with motorcycles for the max number of laps. Everyone falls off their motorcycles by the end of lap 1 or 2, then it's just madness as people steal cars and buses. Some set up roadblocks with buses and try to murder the people trying to finish the race. It was like the only good track for GTA race, since even if you were dead last you could still have fun.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Found a post about how to transfer money to other players!

quote:

So I see my giveaway thread was locked by mods offering no explanation. I guess it had something to do with them believing that transferring money is not possible and therefore thinking that I was just trolling.

That was not the case however as I will now show you. There are three xfer methods that I am aware of, here is the first method:

1) Have you and your friend drive to an ammunition store

2) Have your friend go inside whilst you REMAIN outside

3)Have friend go up to the most expensive gun/armour/ammo that he/she can buy and click buy.

4) After your friend has clicked buy (does't matter how many times) have them press start and load up PS store

5) Make your friend remains in the PS store.

6) You go into the shop and purchase the EXACT same item that your friend purchased, and watch as the cash transfers.

HOW DOES IT WORK:

Much like how the los santos method worked by blocking the *24hr rule for selling* by interfering it with accessing the PS Store, this method works by interfering the shopkeeper withdrawing cash from player by accessing the store.

Essentially in the shop the ready server command is *yourfriend>deposit cash>shopkeeper* once that command is blocked, for whatever reason you can re-able and change things around so the server command appears to be *cash>player with blocked command (Ie your friend)*, its just a silly glitch really.

(I know when your friend is buying the ammo it appears as though the cash is disappearing from his bank/wallet but until he/she backs out of the buying options the command is still open.

**Obviously if your transferring large amount this method isn't the best, but I will reveal two other methods for dealing with larger amounts shortly**

Enjoy

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

coyo7e posted:

Report him for cheating, move on with your life and know that he will lose his 50 bucks/year account and all his achievements and savegames for everything.

I didn't really care, it was just bizarre that he was ranting for half an hour about some ''cheater'' and then turns out he was cheating. What's the thought process behind that?

He also said ''noob'' and ''friend of the family'' a lot.

Slayer1597
Nov 6, 2008

TREMENDOUS CHILD
ASK ME ABOUT MY ANIMES

Lunethex posted:

Time to use all those 48 hour XBOX live gold memberships I have been saving! WHO WANTS SOME MONEEEEEY????????????????

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Lunethex posted:

All of the exploits seem to involve the PS/Xbox store.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Johnnyonoes posted:

Parking Garage gives 5k RP, totally worth the time and two grenade launcher shells.

Actually this got fixed when they fixed Rooftop Rumble, when you destroy the documents you automatically fail the mission. It's still the best way to get an easy 5k RP, you just have to actually deliver the poo poo, and you still shouldn't have anybody do the sniping part.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

El Hefe posted:

All of the exploits seem to involve the PS/Xbox store.

Yeah, since it reloads the session entirely and can be done at any time. I've never tried it and have been meaning to ask but can you still enter the PS store in any public session? If so that would explain why people always warp away when I'm killing them and also to just negate the police.

crazysim
May 23, 2004
I AM SOOOOO GAY
Miss the cargobob? Want a slightly soured taste of it? Be the one to fly the Cargobob out of Base Invaders. You might be able to keep it while switching to a new session.

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan
Has anyone noticed what the flying skill actually affects? Flying the Buzzard is a loving pain in the dickhole considering how unstable it is, and I really hope that getting flying to max will mitigate that somewhat.

At least you can have co-pilots to fire the missiles for you.

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

Deutsch Nozzle posted:

Has anyone noticed what the flying skill actually affects? Flying the Buzzard is a loving pain in the dickhole considering how unstable it is, and I really hope that getting flying to max will mitigate that somewhat.

At least you can have co-pilots to fire the missiles for you.

Max Flying skill doesn't do anything to mitigate the realistic "turbulence"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iriquois
Jun 6, 2013
Holy poo poo this thread moves fast.

I had my first experience on the receiving end of bounties the other day.

A player didn't like the fact I ran him over and put 3k on me. I got a Maverick and took off and led two pubbies back and forth on a merry cross country chase that their cars had no chance of winning. They followed me for 20 minutes until someone killed me with an attack chopper.

Are people that desperate for cash in this game? Or just really bloodthirsty/stupid?

• Locked thread