Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
God drat I love Wonder Trade. I sent out a bunch of Pan-monkeys with DONG in their name last night and, after trading away what I got for them (notables include pokes with the Japanese language equivalent of "Shitgranny," "Smells-like-rear end," and "COLON (a Graveler)"... oh, and a French Farfetch'd I'm gonna keep named "Inspector Margaret"), I ended up with:

• An Eevee
• A Korean Zoroark
• Two Japanese Dittos
• A German Absol
• A Froakie
• A Squirtle

Made out like a guddamn bandit :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

quote:

Does anyone know if Doublade learns anything Aegislash doesn't by level up, or would I be ok if I evolve mine now?

Aegislash learns nothing by leveling up. Wait until level 51 for Sacred Sword, then use the stone. Then go to the Move Reminder and get King's Shield.

e;f,b

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Plot discussion!

I'm still trying to figure out how I feel about this one. Lysandre going from kinda-creepy-guy-who-built-a-holophone to literally-adolf-loving-hitler was jarring, not because it was surprising but because it happened so quickly. The whole game I felt like I was missing this whole subplot that actually explained poo poo like who wronged him so horribly that he decided mass-extinction was the only way to go, other than that one line where Sycamore is all "Oops, I forgot to tell him ethnic cleansing was bad so I guess this is all my fault!!!!". Meanwhile there's a 3000-year-old giant Frankenstein-looking dude who is supposed to be really important but only shows up like three times and never explains why he's ten feet tall or immortal. And then you never really spend enough time with any of your friends/rivals to get to know them well enough for their character arcs to feel rewarding. Except Tierno, who rules.

On the other side of the coin, I just got to Looker and I'm absolutely loving it. Dude is the best recurring character. Why isn't there a Pokemon/Ace Attorney crossover where you play as him yet???

Nevileen
Jan 4, 2008
There's an awesome suit in the fancy boutique but it would take all of my money to get it...

Sigh, time to go back to the battle chateau and get money from rich people.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
I just fought a veteran right before Victory Road. She sends out a Tyrantrum I think "Huh, this will be easy with my Chestnaught". It hits me with a loving Aerial Ace one shotting me.

So, to all you Tyrantrum lovers - it apparently learns Aerial Ace.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Kikas posted:

I just fought a veteran right before Victory Road. She sends out a Tyrantrum I think "Huh, this will be easy with my Chestnaught". It hits me with a loving Aerial Ace one shotting me.

As much as I love Chesnaught, he's nearly useless for the last third or so of the game. Everything has a Flying move. Or an Ice move. or a Psychic move. Or a god dammit Chesnaught why is your typing so poo poo

I used a Tyrantrum as well, and incidentally he's another cool mon with a glass jaw due to a terrible typing. I ended up using Head Smash a lot because why not, he's gonna die anyway.

Slate Action fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Oct 16, 2013

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Slate Action posted:

As much as I love Chesnaught, he's nearly useless for the last third or so of the game. Everything has a Flying move. Or an Ice move. or a Psychic move. Or a god dammit Chesnaught why is your typing so poo poo

I used a Tyrantrum as well, and incidentally he's another Poke with a glass jaw due to a terrible typing.

Chesnaught is the first starter I think I'm going to end up dropping from my team before I get to the Elite Four. I've always brought them along the whole way in past games and then let them retire as breeding stock, so it makes me feel bad about how Chesnaught is just kind of going to fade into the background while my Blastoise continues to kick everything's rear end.

Poor Chesnaught, upstaged in your own debut generation.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Kikas posted:

Why gently caress around with Aerial Ace when you could just use Fire Fang? Or Ice Fang?

Strong Jaw is the coolest ability, you basically can get 4 different-typed STAB moves.

Tyrantrum for best Gen VI pokemon.

Nickname Pending
Jan 2, 2008

I learned how to play beer pong from the Prince of Uganda at a university party.
Can someone tell me where all the clothing stores are? I want some stylish clothes but can never find or remember what cities have them.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Kelp Plankton posted:

Chesnaught is the first starter I think I'm going to end up dropping from my team before I get to the Elite Four. I've always brought them along the whole way in past games and then let them retire as breeding stock, so it makes me feel bad about how Chesnaught is just kind of going to fade into the background while my Blastoise continues to kick everything's rear end.

Yeah. Pure Water is an embarassingly good typing, and Mega Blastoise with Surf and Ice Beam switches the game to Very Easy Mode. Meanwhile, Chesnaught's fainting animation is permanently stamped in my mind from seeing it so much.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The White Dragon posted:

God drat I love Wonder Trade. I sent out a bunch of Pan-monkeys with DONG in their name last night and, after trading away what I got for them (notables include pokes with the Japanese language equivalent of "Shitgranny," "Smells-like-rear end," and "COLON (a Graveler)"... oh, and a French Farfetch'd I'm gonna keep named "Inspector Margaret"), I ended up with:

• An Eevee
• A Korean Zoroark
• Two Japanese Dittos
• A German Absol
• A Froakie
• A Squirtle

Made out like a guddamn bandit :smug:

I always put rare/uncommon Pokemon on Wonder Trade somehow expecting it to get me something good in return but I have been burned too many times now by Monkeys/Scatterbugs/Bunnelbys

The only Wonder Trade I was really happy with was when I traded a Skrelp and got a level 15 Inkay who's a level 60 Malamar now :3:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Kelp Plankton posted:

Ehh, this is the case with most Grass starters, barring Chikorita and Treecko because they don't get a worthless subtype.

Which is too bad, I wanted Snivy to grow up to be a dragon with ganja wings :v:

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Wonder Trade becomes the best when you're hatching a million eggs for minmaxing purposes, since people seem to love you when they get something actually cool instead of a Panpour.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Sockser posted:

Why gently caress around with Aerial Ace when you could just use Fire Fang? Or Ice Fang?

Strong Jaw is the coolest ability, you basically can get 4 different-typed STAB moves.

No, Protean is the coolest ability. It gives you STAB on literally every move in the game.

Incidentally, I have about a million protean froakies that I'll be looking to get rid of once I get back from work in a couple hours.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

Nickname Pending posted:

Can someone tell me where all the clothing stores are? I want some stylish clothes but can never find or remember what cities have them.

Bug gym town - hats
Not-Paris - expensive clothes
Coast with second gym town - sporty clothes
Fairy forest town with Fairy gym - flair stuff
Sun Dial town - Pretty fancy stuff
Snow town with 8th gym - Fancy stuff

This is for girl characters though, dunno 'bout duders. If the town has "butique" in it's description when you fly to it you can buy clothes there.

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Me and the boys on the way to kill another demon god

Sockser posted:

I wondered why Crunch was so strong. I might have to agree for him being best, though he has strong competition with Hawlucha for me.

Opinion Haver
Apr 9, 2007

Dewgy posted:

So I bought Pokemon Y digitally, and I have a spare SD card... does this mean I can pretty easily cheese myself some spare starters for me and a friend?

No, Nintendo does something to make it so that you can't just savescum IIRC.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Yeah, as much as I tried to love you, Chesnaught, you're kinda not that good. :( You and Aerodactyl were my two weakest links.

In descending order of usefulness (in battle, that is) I'd rank my final team

Gardevoir
Azumarill
Aegislash
Charizard (X)
Chesnaught
Aerodactyl

Gardevoir has some amazing coverage, a 4x resistance to Fighting, immunity to Dragon, just a straight up beast. Yeah I guess if he had ever gotten hit by a physical attack he'd have been frail but this dude never got hit. Also thanks to his nature he has better Sp.D than Sp.A, yet still managed to clean house. Azumarill was just a ridiculous powerhouse that either oneshot everything, or brought them real close to it. Water/Fairy gave her some great defenses and could often be relied on to be a sponge while I healed everyone else up. Aegislash is super cool and was always solid, but the other two shone just a bit brighter. These three were the powerplayers and never ever let me down. Charizard (X) did fine, but was really quite oddly frail and slow. Not bad at all, but if you got hit, it got you good. Chesnaught... it just felt like, whenever I could (and did) bring you out, there would have been a better choice. Aerodactyl, poor Aerodactyl. Not nearly enough cannon to make up for your glass, but I suppose that was partially my fault for saddling you with Strength and Fly.

Now to start building my endgame and online team! Definitely want to keep using Gardevoir, Azumarill and Aegislash.

Terper fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Oct 16, 2013

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

InterrupterJones posted:

I wondered why Crunch was so strong. I might have to agree for him being best, though he has strong competition with Hawlucha for me.

Hawlucha's flying press totally has the best animation; I'll give that one to you.

On the other hand, Tyrantrum is a loving t-rex.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Okay, the Victory Road pokemons have finally ended the Quick Balls reign of terror and started escaping from them.

As a semi-related note - is there a TM for Rain Dance somewhere? My Ludicolo could use it instead of lovely Water Sport.

Cyflan
Nov 4, 2009

Why yes, I DO have enough CON to whip my hair.

Kikas posted:

Okay, the Victory Road pokemons have finally ended the Quick Balls reign of terror and started escaping from them.

As a semi-related note - is there a TM for Rain Dance somewhere? My Ludicolo could use it instead of lovely Water Sport.

I'm pretty sure one of the Lumiose City pokemarts sell the Rain Dance TM.

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

:krakentoot:

BLUNDERCATS! noooo posted:

Thanks for this!!! And the egg groups info. I'm not sure about shot types or where to change that, though? I do 300 per shot with a half- EV trained Pokemon and my damage is slowly going up as I get more EVs though... up to 176 now on my Honedge, which still sucks haha.
Says here that each shot type is determined by its species. So it's different from Pokemon to Pokemon.

Alright, guess I should start writing the find rate and abilities, be back in a bit.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Hawlucha is pretty decent with a Fighting or Flying Gem set. Unfortunately I'm not sure how useful Flying Press is. :(

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

yaoi prophet posted:

No, Nintendo does something to make it so that you can't just savescum IIRC.

It's not gonna be savescumming really, just two separately downloaded copies of the game with their own saves. Still debating trying it for science, but I'm slightly worried about borking my main save. :ohdear:

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

By the looks of things, hopefully most of the different forms for Pokemon are ready to go once the Bank is up. So far I've found the Griseous Orb, a lady talking about Gracideas, some guy asking about Genesect, someone talking about Kyurem, a move tutor for Keldeo and Meloetta, and someone talking about the Reveal Glass.

And of course, the meteors. There's five of them. I hope this means what it suggests to me.

Zhent
Oct 18, 2011

The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time.
If I want to spend the time now to get a real solid honedge, what am I looking for? Adamant nature, female?

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

HOLY poo poo Tropius's 3D Sprite looks amazing.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

The White Dragon posted:

God drat I love Wonder Trade. I sent out a bunch of Pan-monkeys

You're the problem.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Samael posted:

HOLY poo poo Tropius's 3D Sprite looks amazing.

Yeah some Pokemon became so much cooler in the transition from sprites to 3D. Mr Mime already owned but his animations in this game are the best. I also just caught a Spinda and the way it stumbles around on the spot with a goofy look on it's face is adorable. I would totally use it if normal Pokemon weren't kinda boring.

Sneasel, Stunfisk, Spoink and Azurill all look great in 3D too

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

I can't imagine how long it takes to actually breed something with more or less perfect IVs, I had about 60 Honedges before even seeing one with Outstanding IVs.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Quite a few Pokemon look strange in 3D. Eelektross is surprisingly puny-looking, and Stunky's got a bad case of :butt:-face.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Why did they put such a stupid arbitrary time window restriction on Mega Stones? What kind of mouth-breathing rear end in a top hat came up with "8-9 PM, also if you gently caress with the clock we gently caress with you?" I'll have to just try to grab all the time-sensitive ones tonight, but that doesn't make it less stupid.

Help Im Alive posted:

Yeah some Pokemon became so much cooler in the transition from sprites to 3D. Mr Mime already owned but his animations in this game are the best. I also just caught a Spinda and the way it stumbles around on the spot with a goofy look on it's face is adorable. I would totally use it if normal Pokemon weren't kinda boring.

Sneasel, Stunfisk, Spoink and Azurill all look great in 3D too
On the other hand, Eelektross looks... interesting.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Karrablast's eyes appear to be painted on.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I miss Eelektross's silly dance. :(

TheEggsBenedict
Jan 4, 2013

if i go crazy then
will you still
call me superman

Slate Action posted:

Quite a few Pokemon look strange in 3D. Eelektross is surprisingly puny-looking, and Stunky's got a bad case of :butt:-face.
And Combusken looks significantly worse in 3D. I never realized how bad its design was until now.

BAKA FLOCKA FLAME
Oct 9, 2012

by Pipski
Yo is there some new system whereby two Pokes of the same species and (non-DW) ability are guaranteed to have kids with the same ability? Because I know it's prolly random chance but I got more Hyper Cutter Mawiles than seems likely, NGL.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Of course, Stunfisk makes up for everything.

khysanth
Jun 10, 2009

Still love you, Homar

Is there a reason to evolve my Pikachu if I caught it with a light stone?

Just learned Thunderbolt...

TheEggsBenedict
Jan 4, 2013

if i go crazy then
will you still
call me superman

McDragon posted:

Of course, Stunfisk makes up for everything.
It sure does. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Zhent posted:

If I want to spend the time now to get a real solid honedge, what am I looking for? Adamant nature, female?

Brave would be ideal. Gender probably doesn't matter because you can just breed with a Ditto and as far as I know it has no good egg moves (it might learn Pain Split as an egg move, though, which would make defensive sets viable.)

• Locked thread