Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Kills Drifters for erections

Weaponized Cum posted:

bolivia and paraguay to concacaf, mexico and US to conmebol, watch them poo poo their pants at every away game because they're used to playing at Pizza Hut Park

the USMNT has never played at Pizza Hut Park.. And it's not even called that anymore!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

ayb posted:

the USMNT has never played at Pizza Hut Park.. And it's not even called that anymore!

Is it Domino's Arena now?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Weaponized Cum posted:

Is it Domino's Arena now?

Papa Johns Colliseum

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Hey FedEx, how dare you deliver something before your "delivered by" time.

Gigi Galli posted:

Papa Johns Colliseum

Peyton Manning Park?

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Weaponized Cum posted:

bolivia and paraguay to concacaf, mexico and US to conmebol, watch them poo poo their pants at every away game because they're used to playing at Pizza Hut Park

Uhh you realize Central America is really lovely and the US is used to playing on shag carpets while detritus rains upon them. We played an away game in the city with the highest murder rate in world, how exactly is South America supposed to be more intimidating?

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

Seltzer posted:

Uhh you realize Central America is really lovely and the US is used to playing on shag carpets while detritus rains upon them. We played an away game in the city with the highest murder rate in world, how exactly is South America supposed to be more intimidating?

lol yes the only concern is the quality of the pitch

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Seltzer posted:

You've never seen a Libertadores game have you?

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Seltzer posted:

Uhh you realize Central America is really lovely and the US is used to playing on shag carpets while detritus rains upon them. We played an away game in the city with the highest murder rate in world, how is South America supposed to be more intimidating?

Despite the US qualifying easily at the top of the group it doesn't actually count you see because we don't play Spain, Argentina, Brazil and Germany in our group. Someone should just tell the US that it needs to move its landmass to Europe so we can be better at soccer. Maybe then we'd even have players in the British Premiere League of Barclays London UK League some day.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

El Hefe posted:

In all fairness the big stadiums in South American countries that are not Bolivia or Venezuela are pretty decent.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

Seltzer posted:

Ahahahaha

El Hefe posted:

pretty much this

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

JP Money posted:

Despite the US qualifying easily at the top of the group it doesn't actually count you see because we don't play Spain, Argentina, Brazil and Germany in our group. Someone should just tell the US that it needs to move its landmass to Europe so we can be better at soccer. Maybe then we'd even have players in the British Premiere League of Barclays London UK League some day.

Yes Australia is an Asian country and they moved the continent to get closer to China.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

JP Money posted:

I don't really follow soccer but from what I hear the US is pretty bad at it right? Has this changed recently?

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

tetsman posted:

Yes Australia is an Asian country and they moved the continent to get closer to China.

Enough prisoners working together can move continents. Feel good story of the year.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

tetsman posted:

In all fairness the big stadiums in South American countries that are not Bolivia or Venezuela are pretty decent.

Stadiums here in Venezuela are actually quite decent, since we hosted the 2007 Copa America they all got remodelled.

I'm not even talking about the stadiums anyway, I'm talking about the atmosphere, South American fans are insane.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
*Cough* Ghost post.

Mean Bean Machine posted:

I don't really follow soccer but from what I hear the US is pretty bad at it right? Has this changed recently?

They're better than Mexico.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

tetsman posted:

lol yes the only concern is the quality of the pitch
The Azteca is supposed to be "hallowed ground", and the other central american teams have national stadiums packed with fans in hostile environments.

El Hefe posted:

Yes I have. I love when the proposters get a whiff of the USMNT they have to pop in and poo poo things up. Anyways back to pictures because this conversation isn't going anywhere.

Aforementioned Honduran stadium

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Oct 16, 2013

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Mean Bean Machine posted:

I dunno mate, they've qualified for 7 World Cups in a row.

England has only qualified for the last 5.

Still B.A.E
Mar 24, 2012

Do people really call it the USMNT in real life or is just a dumb thing people do here? It's maybe the worst thing ever.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Bryan owning some old oval office

People making fun of a pissed off Mexican journalist. I was in the tier above where this happened and it was hilarious.

Can this be the background of the CONCACAF thread for a while? Mods?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

That journalist looks mad as hell, also what's that being flung at him?

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Drogadon posted:

Can this be the background of the CONCACAF thread for a while? Mods?

lol

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Gigi Galli posted:

That journalist looks mad as hell, also what's that being flung at him?

Ha I think that's a nasty Costa Rican sock. The one dudes hand is right below it so it looks a little weird.

e- That's definitely a sock and it is really dirty.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Let's look at videos of Roberto Baggio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aY9wSLq-0M

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

euroboy posted:

Let's look at videos of Roberto Baggio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voT5W9Doa-s

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

Intergortion posted:

Do people really call it the USMNT in real life or is just a dumb thing people do here? It's maybe the worst thing ever.

I always read it as u s manatee which is quite fitting because you see, people in the US are fat.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

tetsman posted:

I always read it as u s manatee which is quite fitting because you see, people in the US are fat.

He doesn't look very fat?

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

Was Taters posted:

He doesn't look very fat?

He is

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Freddy Adu is 48 years old

Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

let me shovel out your brains
hang my image in your skull
so I can be the vision
in your nightmares from now on

vaginal culture posted:

Freddy Adu is 48 years old

This is canon.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

No trigger warning, this is problematic

Playing for the best team with the best hair

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Gigi Galli posted:

No trigger warning, this is problematic
yeah I just vomited in my mouth a little bit

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

tetsman posted:

Concacaf should be the second conmebol tier, the bottom two conmebol teams get relegated to the concacaf and the top two concacaf have a chance to qualify for the next WC

All the confederations should have to play against each other in a tournament style competition. Then the winner of that should be crowned the god of soccer for the next year. Then an octopus gets to hang out with that team.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

Tigren posted:

All the confederations should have to play against each other in a tournament style competition. Then the winner of that should be crowned the god of soccer for the next year. Then an octopus gets to hang out with that team.

if this is an anime reference i don't get it, but i'll have you know that Paul the octopus is already dead

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

tetsman posted:

if this is an anime reference i don't get it, but i'll have you know that Paul the octopus is already dead

Given his fame he probably fathered a couple dozen octokids.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

Kurtofan posted:

Given his fame he probably had a couple dozen octobabies.

Can you imagine all the octopussy he got? drat

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
What was this? it's gone.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Hoops posted:

Zaha and Morrison had a bit of argy bargy during an u21 game, known good lad Nathan Redmond broke it up.

I am OK
Mar 9, 2009

LAWL

Hoops posted:

Some silly little 3 second slapfight between two testosterone-drenched kids that the media has latched onto with great delight.

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

tetsman posted:

You figured it out. It's an anime reference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

that Italian lady's armpit vuvuzela is fingering the French lady

• Locked thread