Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Thedandmom posted:

Yes the tarot deck is larger than the poker. Better hurry up and pick though, I'm closing the paypal shop soon.

I was a Kickstarter backer. Did I blank out and forget that you already ran the reward selection survey? Or do I need to do something else to choose?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thedandmom
Jul 5, 2013

jivjov posted:

I was a Kickstarter backer. Did I blank out and forget that you already ran the reward selection survey? Or do I need to do something else to choose?
Yes I already ran the survey. The only surveys I don't have are from people who weren't able to get their payment through. I have everyone else's surveys.

Edit: It looks like you picked the Basic Deck. Which is the tarot sized deck.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Thedandmom posted:

Yes I already ran the survey. The only surveys I don't have are from people who weren't able to get their payment through. I have everyone else's surveys.

Edit: It looks like you picked the Basic Deck. Which is the tarot sized deck.

Cool. I will trust the judgement of my past self. Thanks for checking!

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

In sort-of related elf news, the team behind the Toughest Girls in the Galaxy kickstarter mentioned in their most recent update that their next kickstarter campaign will be for a line of 'fantasy dark elves' which could possibly be expanded into 'sci fi dark elves' depending on consumer demand.

They also posted some concept art for their elf models - scroll down to the bottom of this post to see.

edit - that link might be mildly :nws: depending on your boss's attitude to drawings of sexy elves

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Ironically, they may turn out to be cheaper than the GW line that just got re-did.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

cyberia posted:

In sort-of related elf news, the team behind the Toughest Girls in the Galaxy kickstarter mentioned in their most recent update that their next kickstarter campaign will be for a line of 'fantasy dark elves' which could possibly be expanded into 'sci fi dark elves' depending on consumer demand.

They also posted some concept art for their elf models - scroll down to the bottom of this post to see.

edit - that link might be mildly :nws: depending on your boss's attitude to drawings of sexy elves

Given that the Succubus Queen is stark naked and full frontal, I think it's mildly NWS by anybody's standards.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

Jedit posted:

Given that the Succubus Queen is stark naked and full frontal, I think it's mildly NWS by anybody's standards.

I'm having a hard time imagining somebody dropping that down in the middle of a battle setup either in private or in public. "And then you turn the corner and you see thiiiis-"

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
The Adventures in East Mark a few posts up looks pretty spiffy in a classical sort of way---though much of that is probably my projecting a general lust towards imagining all of the future boxes they mention wanting to do should this go well all sitting there on a nice table in sum alongside the special capstone one that doesn't even exist yet as opposed to solely The Red Box. Somewhat surprising with how few pledge tiers they have, but I guess considering the point of the campaign it generally makes sense.

There's just something exciting about seeing long-simmering projects from other countries/languages finally make it over in English for broader adoption and exposure, as my mind just keeps winding back to all kinds of interesting seeming projects the world over from various topics here and elsewhere that even barely shines a hopeful light on them.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

http://imgur.com/3IAnmRg :nws:

:aaa: Wow. Senshyrha Slave Master is really something else. I cannot imagine somebody showing me that as a centerpiece.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
"I know some people think the Asdrubael Vect model went too far, I think he didn't go near far enough."

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
If the URL wasn't there as a guide, I'd never have translated that title plate from lovely glyphs to English.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

The General posted:

http://imgur.com/3IAnmRg :nws:

:aaa: Wow. Senshyrha Slave Master is really something else. I cannot imagine somebody showing me that as a centerpiece.

At least the virtually naked woman is the slave master and the fully dressed men are the slaves on their knees. This puts it a step up from Kingdom Death: Molester.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
As erotic art goes I've seen a lot worse. Shame erotic art and gaming miniatures have no business being even in the same room as each other.

(it's not a shame at all)

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Monte Cook presents a Monte Cook production created by Monte Cook (and Bruce Cordell): The Strange.

The three-minute pitch video is roughly one-third telling you about the actual loving game, one-third about how it's based on Numenera, and one-third about how Monte and Bruce are :krad: BFFs.

Ha. Ha. That is cool my hyoo-mon friend. :mitt:

It's awesome for two best buds to make a cool game together, but maybe if you can't act out natural dialogue for poo poo you shouldn't try.

I assume they're holding back some fantastic alternate worlds for later in the Kickstarter, because otherwise pitching a world-hopping game with two whole worlds is god drat stupid.

quote:

While the Strange could potentially be host to a multitude of recursions, we focus primarily on two--Ardeyn and Ruk--in addition to the prime world of Earth, because they are the most prominent and the first two discovered by humans. As your characters explore the Strange, they may find many more. GMs will be able to add their favorite fictional settings, brand new recursions of their own creation, or even past campaign worlds from other RPGs to help populate the Strange. The possibilities are endless!

Oh okay.

Here is the game's awful website full of busy space age menus.

That Old Tree fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Oct 16, 2013

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Numenera's not bad, but I don't really want another one this soon.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Looks like they won't have to worry about reaching their funding goal. 54,238 dollars by the time of this writing with over 37 days to go.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Covok posted:

Looks like they won't have to worry about reaching their funding goal. 54,238 dollars by the time of this writing with over 37 days to go.

Yeah, I hear it was at something like $30k in the first five or six hours. It should be another money-printer, though I doubt it'll crack the pavement like Numenera.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Plague of Hats posted:

Monte Cook presents a Monte Cook production created by Monte Cook (and Bruce Cordell): The Strange.

From the writers of Faction War and Die, Vecna, Die... wait, sorry, that's mean of me, let's try that again.

From the creators behind the Epic Level Handbook and The Book of Vile Darkness!... well, that wasn't much good either, let's have another go at it.

From! The! Game Design Masters! Who Brought You Heroclix and Hecatomb! Well, okay, I... I...

... I'm just going to have a lie-down for a bit, if that's okay. :(

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Hey, Heroclix is pretty fun!

Anyway, there are some greens and scale shots for the Elven Adventurers kickstarter:

The rogue is a bit thin, but I like the druid quite a bit.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
My copy of Dark Darker Darkest came in, production value looks pretty good, love me some co-op games.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Swagger Dagger posted:

Hey, Heroclix is pretty fun!

I have a toolbox of Heroclix. I've enjoyed Heroclix quite a bit! But it's always been a fairly broken game with a litany of badly-designed mechanics or heroes.

Swagger Dagger posted:

Anyway, there are some greens and scale shots for the Elven Adventurers kickstarter:

I love these so much, if only I was really into gnomes or elves. They're the minis we deserve.

MadScientistWorking
Jun 23, 2010

"I was going through a time period where I was looking up weird stories involving necrophilia..."

Alien Rope Burn posted:

From the writers of Faction War and Die, Vecna, Die... wait, sorry, that's mean of me, let's try that again.

From the creators behind the Epic Level Handbook and The Book of Vile Darkness!... well, that wasn't much good either, let's have another go at it.

From! The! Game Design Masters! Who Brought You Heroclix and Hecatomb! Well, okay, I... I...

... I'm just going to have a lie-down for a bit, if that's okay. :(
4th edition gamma World rules and there is no way you can deny that. :colbert: I also liked Open Grave but then again he also worked on Libre Mortis which is kind of horrifying in a way akin to The Book of Vile Darkness.

Daedleh
Aug 25, 2008

What shall we do with a catnipped kitty?
Mars Attacks robots are coming! As well as some sweet urban terrain sets:

Full details and better formatting: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1744629938/mars-attacks-the-miniatures-game/posts/630807

quote:

Wahey, since we’re nearly half way to achieving Esteban, we thought it was time to get out another stretch goal as we head towards the big bot himself. You know which milestone he’s coming at…

Firstly though, we’re going to talk a little bit about scenery! As anyone who has read-through the playtest rules and watched the gameplay video will have seen, scenery – in particularly cover – is pretty important in Mars Attacks.

With the Ruined Scenery, there are plenty of bits of wall and rubble to hide behind as well as bits that will completely cover your models, breaking an enemy's line of sight – particularly handy if your hero is injured or you’ve got precious cargo to protect… The scenery you’ve seen in the photography is work in progress at the moment and we’ve got some close-ups of the renders to show – again, work in progress:

We plan on filling the gap on the right hand side with rubble piles that act as additional cover for your figures. There will also be connectors to attach the tiles together and to cover the holes, ranging from hanging baskets to street signs – even a fuse box (perhaps a drain pipe?). Ideas for connectors you'd like to see in the comments please!

Many of you have asked questions about how much scenery you'll be getting with your game so here is some clarification:

- Mars Attacks: The Miniatures Game includes 2 lots of the above Scenery Sprue, plus connectors and a set of Urban Accessories.

- Mars Attacks: Escalation includes 2 lots of the above Scenery Sprue, plus connectors.

If you want additional scenery, we also offer a Standard Pack and a Deluxe Pack:

The Standard Pack contains 4 lots of the above Scenery Sprue, plus connectors.

The Deluxe Pack contains 8 lots of the above Scenery Sprue, plus connectors and a set of Urban Accessories.

You can get these either as part of the credit included with pledges of The Will of Man ($100) and up, or by raising your pledge by the appropriate amounts.

But scenery has more than just gameplay implications however – it helps you immerse yourself in the game world, giving it a third dimension, and we want to take this further by introducing new types of scenery and accessories.

And this moves us on neatly to our next stretch goal…

$435,000 – PLEDGE BOOSTER Antenociti’s Workshop Suburban Accessories!

Antenociti’s Workshop are the producers of high-quality resin scenery accessories and, if we hit this stretch goal, we will commission them to produce a range of modern Suburban Accessories for use with your Mars Attacks games!

From decorating your battlefield to producing cover for your figures, Antenociti will create a range of street-side accessories and damaged vehicles from concept to actual resin production. The first of these to be produced are the two sets shown below.

As these scenery pieces are produced in high quality resin by Antenociti, we will put make these scenery pieces available as Pledge Boosters – add them onto your pledge now and help us bust through this stretch goal!

$25 - Sidewalk Slaughter Suburban Accessory Set

Contains 13 highly-detailed resin scenery pieces:

- 4 x Fire Hydrants

- 2 x Pay Phones

- 2 x Rubbish Bins

- 2 x Traffic Lights

- 2 x Newspaper Dispensers

-1 x Multi-Part Hot Dog Cart

$25 – Waste Disposal Suburban Accessory Set

Contains 8 highly-detailed resin scenery pieces:

- 2 x Small Dustbins

- 2 x Small Wheelie Bins

- 2 x Large Wheelie Bins

- 2 x Dumpsters

- Bonus standalone garbage piles that can also fit inside the bins, as the lids are separate!

Pledge Boosters are special add-ons that you can raise your pledge to get.

These are different from Core Add-ons (we can only offer things we make or get a special deal on, like the Exclusive Topps Cards and the amazing Deluxe Gaming Mat, as Core Add-ons) in that you can’t use your credit on them.

To add a Pledge Booster, click Manage My Pledge in the top right corner. On the next screen, enter the total value for everything you want. For example, if you’re at The Invaders Arrive ($150) and you want the Sidewalk Slaughter Suburban Accessories Pack ($25), you add them together and enter $125 as your pledge.

gtrmp
Sep 29, 2008

Oba-Ma... Oba-Ma! Oba-Ma, aasha deh!
Funny how the Mars Attacks and Reaper Bones Kickstarters both revealed modern scenery as stretch goal add-ons in the span of, what, two hours?

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
I don't buy Monte Cook games for the mechanics. The fact that it's based on Numenera does nothing for me. I'll need to look into the setting to see if there's anything I like there.

A Good Username
Oct 10, 2007

Hi thread.
Have another money sink.

Journey: Wrath of Demons

The pitch video makes it look similar to other games in terms of overall design, but they keep posting pictures like this.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

Reading the thread was the first I heard of Dragon Kings, and since anything related to Dark Sun gets my interest, I checked it out. Oh man. Even now there's like 1 or 2 backers for the music only tiers. What in gently caress were they thinking?

Direwolf
Aug 16, 2004
Fwar

A Good Username posted:

Hi thread.
Have another money sink.

The pitch video makes it look similar to other games in terms of overall design, but they keep posting pictures like this.

This looks super cool except $90? For a board game?

MisterShine
Feb 21, 2006

What are those two guys on the left there?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Direwolf posted:

This looks super cool except $90? For a board game?

$100 for a game with 33+ sculpted minis isn't unusual. Cthulhu Wars was $150 RRP.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...

MisterShine posted:

What are those two guys on the left there?

Those are from the gnome set.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
Gnome hoplite and automaton.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

MadScientistWorking posted:

4th edition gamma World rules and there is no way you can deny that. :colbert: I also liked Open Grave but then again he also worked on Libre Mortis which is kind of horrifying in a way akin to The Book of Vile Darkness.

They've done some good stuff, I'm mostly just makin' fun. It looks like an interesting setting, it seems pretty reminiscent of their shared work on stuff like Monte's Chaositech or Cordell's love of cosmic monsters.

That being said, both are designers I wish would turn to somebody else to handle numbers. There are game designers that can do words, and those that can do numbers, but those that can do both are a rare breed indeed.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
Here's Playsets, an ipad virtual table app that's useless to me (I don't have an idevice), but drat if the art isn't pretty:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/985647565/playsets-the-future-of-social-storytelling

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

There's at least 3 other apps done much much better for that sort of thing on the App Store at only 15 to 30 bucks.

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Oh! OSHA gonna make you serve time!
'Cause you an occupational hazard tonight.

Fenarisk posted:

There's at least 3 other apps done much much better for that sort of thing on the App Store at only 15 to 30 bucks.

Really? Which ones?

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

Jedit posted:

$100 for a game with 33+ sculpted minis isn't unusual. Cthulhu Wars was $150 RRP.

...which is why I wish they'd ditch the minis most of the time. Not that the Journey minis don't look gorgeous.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

A Good Username posted:

Hi thread.
Have another money sink.

I backed at the all resin level, looking forward to painting and playing this game. I dont think I can say it enough but I love me some co-op.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

LumberingTroll posted:

I backed at the all resin level, looking forward to painting and playing this game. I dont think I can say it enough but I love me some co-op.

Looking at it again, I really think they've done themselves no favours with their pledge levels. The boxed game costs $100 and gives Upgrades, but all the levels over $180 require you to pay $80-100 more to get Upgrades.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thrawn200
Dec 13, 2008

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." - Calvin & Hobbes

Jedit posted:

Looking at it again, I really think they've done themselves no favours with their pledge levels. The boxed game costs $100 and gives Upgrades, but all the levels over $180 require you to pay $80-100 more to get Upgrades.

It's the lack of any game play information that's keeping me away for now. Unless I'm missing it somewhere I don't see hardly anything trying to sell me a GAME yet, just trying to sell me minis and components. I want to see how it plays and maybe even a look at the rule book.

• Locked thread