Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Speaking of Kat's weird zimmy form, Kat is going to turn out to be somehow related to the Seed of Bismuth isn't she? Zimmy sees the ether, while most machines don't HAVE ether (aside from the etheric science ones), and yet Kat's Ether form is a massive machine... thing. The Seed of Bismuth was something created from both the Forest's Ether and the human's technology.

Someone has probably posted the same :tinfoil: theory before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

AfroSquirrel posted:

Is it finally time for me to get a Gunnerkrigg avatar?

I can't think of any way to improve on the text. Maybe 'blood' could link to a certain page?

I'm partial to "You've got red on you."

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
It's a Dragon Age cosplay.

e. Haha, just noticed the comic title.

Kennel fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Oct 16, 2013

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

KittyEmpress posted:

Zimmy sees the ether

Dunno about that. I think Annie sees the Ether in her ether-vision. Zimmy absorbs the ether and sees all sorts of insane poo poo, some etheric, some her own psychosis, some prophetic, some... god knows.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747
I got curious about all the avatars and started reading the comic today. I'm on page 334 right now. Initially I had misgivings, but as the art got better and the story started getting more involved, so did I. I'm really enjoying it and happy that I still have around 900 pages to go.

If I had the 5 bux to spare I'd get an avatar myself. :bandwagon:

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

razorrozar posted:

I got curious about all the avatars and started reading the comic today. I'm on page 334 right now. Initially I had misgivings, but as the art got better and the story started getting more involved, so did I. I'm really enjoying it and happy that I still have around 900 pages to go.

Get back to us in an hour when you've torn through all the pages and desperately want more. This thread is a support group.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
The first step is admitting your horrific addiction.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Prison Warden posted:

The second step is throwing money Tom's way.
The third step is evangelism.

TRANS AM 20000
Apr 17, 2010

Time to punch it!

I kept trying to limit myself to reading one chapter a day, just to make it last longer. I ended up reading all of them in only a few sessions.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

razorrozar posted:

There have been some good avatars posted recently, perhaps the Avatar Fairy will see fit to grant you a boon.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Amazing. Amazing.

Portals posted:

Oh Annie. :allears:

It's not my blood.

Once I get some money to spend I have to get this because, really.

Jowj
Dec 25, 2010

My favourite player and idol. His battles with his wrists mirror my own battles with the constant disgust I feel towards my zerg bugs.
Man that face :3:

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747
And I'm done now. It went by too fast.

Maybe I'll reread it.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

razorrozar posted:

And I'm done now. It went by too fast.

Maybe I'll reread it.

What is this word "maybe"?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Everytime somebody links to something in the archives a dozen other people end up rereading half the comic :v:

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Heliotrope posted:

Amazing. Amazing.

Once I get some money to spend I have to get this because, really.

Weirdly, Annie's expression would even work with your current red title. It's the horrifying smile that goes with everything!

Jabarto
Apr 7, 2007

I could do with your...assistance.

Prison Warden posted:

Yeah...I just found out about this comic a few weeks ago, and I didn't think, "this comic is amazing and I read straight through it in two nights", was worth posting in the thread, but that's pretty much exactly what I did. Good to know I'm not the only one with a problem. :shobon:

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

It's Eglamore's

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Zalgo is just another Coyote alt.

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Cabbit posted:

Weirdly, Annie's expression would even work with your current red title. It's the horrifying smile that goes with everything!

I agree, it'd definitely enhance the red text.

Kennel posted:

It's Eglamore's

Holy poo poo. That's amazing.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Tollymain posted:

Everytime somebody links to something in the archives a dozen other people end up rereading half the comic :v:
What like this?

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

dreaming of that face again

it's bright and blue and shimmering

grinning wide and comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

Naw, you see, you have to throw a page halfway through an arc that draws people in with nostalgia, like this.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

a medical mystery posted:

I distinctly remember someone in this thread totally called that last line.

I think whoever made the joke about Annie wearing a "Annie + Ysen BFFS 4 Lyfe" shirt actually takes this one. Even if that guy was technically hoping for Paz and Kat Rhythm Fever.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

a medical mystery posted:

I distinctly remember someone in this thread totally called that last line.

In fairness I'm sure that line is on a list maintained by the University of Oxford of the least reassuring phrases in the English language, next to "Most patients survive two years after onset"

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Kennel posted:

It's Eglamore's

I really want to get an avatar of the last edited panel.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

Parts Kit posted:

Well the it's not my blood predictors should be happy.

Just caught up on the comic, and the thread. After seeing the most recent page I was going to suggest someone make an avatar of the last two panels, but then I see this. And this may be better than just flashing between the last two panels.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

I really want to get an avatar of the last edited panel.

It's tough to optimize because whole panel is changing in every frame (thanks to the contrast shift)

But I made this:

non-animated:

The source for this one is The Binding of Isaac.

Kennel fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Oct 16, 2013

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Ursine Asylum posted:

Naw, you see, you have to throw a page halfway through an arc that draws people in with nostalgia, like this.
Eh, it's good to reread the first few chapters.
Serious question, is this Andrew?

Doctor_Blueninja
Oct 23, 2012

Just some guy with a college doctorate and a passing knowledge of what it means to be a ninja.
I just have to wonder what Eglamore's reaction was to seeing Annie like this, given what happened last time she was in the forest.

'Cause that man must have shat a brick seeing her coming out of the forest, all covered in blood.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

Splicer posted:

Eh, it's good to reread the first few chapters.

Ah, but this was a fair specifically for their year! :science:

I keep getting pulled back in :gonk:

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
And here's my final effort on this subject:

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Kennel posted:

And here's my final effort on this subject:

This is amazing.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Splicer posted:

No. Andrew's power wouldn't have let his rubberband car be destroyed.

dyzzy posted:

Ah, but this was a fair specifically for their year! :science:

I keep getting pulled back in :gonk:

That too.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Doctor_Blueninja posted:

I just have to wonder what Eglamore's reaction was to seeing Annie like this, given what happened last time she was in the forest.

'Cause that man must have shat a brick seeing her coming out of the forest, all covered in blood.

I think Eglamore can tell the difference between Wolf blood and Human blood on sight.

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

dreaming of that face again

it's bright and blue and shimmering

grinning wide and comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

Prison Warden posted:

I think Eglamore can tell the difference between Wolf blood and Human blood on sight.

He looks her up and down, once, nods approvingly, says "Well done", and walks away.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Doctor_Blueninja posted:

Well, obviously whatever happened in there, she won v:v:v

\/ Man, that ladder seems really precarious. Wonder how many falling deaths Q7 has per year

Rasamune fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Oct 17, 2013

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Oh gosh, re-reading old stuff and I had completely forgot about this. I'd forgotten like half this stuff, really.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Cat Mattress posted:

No. Andrew's power wouldn't have let his rubberband car be destroyed.
Whoever that was clearly did not care that his car had been destroyed. He seemed somewhat relieved.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Ursine Asylum posted:

He looks her up and down, once, nods approvingly, says "Well done", and walks away.
Annie's exit from the forest was so hardcore her status was instantly upgraded to "One of the Lads". She's actually just getting back from having a pint with Eglamore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
While we're talking science fair entries, Antimony's project is another one of the many situations where saying, "Don't worry! It's not my blood!" is hardly reassuring.