Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

baltimoron posted:

No deep bass shows ever come through DC, all this brostep is bringing me down.

Totally false. Silkie is coming through pretty soon just as an example. Go look up Expansion Broadcast and Deep Sessions. Get on the DC Bass group on FB and you'll get bombarded with info.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SUBFRIES
Apr 10, 2008

baltimoron posted:

Saw bare noize last night. In the middle of all the brostep he dropped Jehova's Witness by Rusko and no one in the crowd was vibing with it. poo poo was whack so I tweeted at bare noize saying that dropping that was awesome and it made my night and he gave me a shout out over the mic a little later in the night. No deep bass shows ever come through DC, all this brostep is bringing me down.

Forecast at Backbar
Deep Sessions at Backbar and U Street Music Hall
other random shows at U Street Music Hall
Eighty Eight Music events

https://www.backbardc.com
https://www.ustreetmusichall.com
https://www.eightyeightdc.com

Also, if you're on Facebook check the DC Future Bass group.

Styliferous
Apr 23, 2005

ElectroBolt™
by Ryan Industries
Grimey Drawer
Like everyone else said, DC and Baltimore are both very healthy with proper bass music shows. Silkie will be in Baltimore tomorrow, and Deep Sessions is this upcoming Saturday night at Backbar with Demon and Biome (which I unfortunately have to miss, having prior plans for this weekend).

Champ Baldoon
Nov 22, 2012

dont let me get in my zone
Wow. Didn't know about all those places. Don't have a facebook but thanks everyone for the links and suggestions.

JamesKPolk
Apr 9, 2009

New Manix just came out, very true to the 90-92 sound (down to flipping some well known samples from those times). Definitely grab it if that's your thing. It's awesome in a would-stand-up-then kind of way.

My personal favorite on the first listen (but I love piano tunes):
Manix- Rave Fantasy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3h3RXspFEo

Charlotte Hornets
Dec 30, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
The new Joe on Hessle is nice as always. Joe has no bad tunes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SY3aVoAQTMg

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

baltimoron posted:

Wow. Didn't know about all those places. Don't have a facebook but thanks everyone for the links and suggestions.

Make a dummy account just for music stuff, that's the easiest way to stay in touch. I don't even live there anymore and I'm well aware there's a ton going on.

SUBFRIES
Apr 10, 2008

baltimoron posted:

This just got announced:

I haven't been to Flash yet, supposed to be a great mid-size (200-ish capacity) club, and dBridge is one of my favorite producers of all time.

28 Gun Bad Boy
Nov 5, 2009

Never been to Belgium

SUBFRIES posted:

This just got announced:

I haven't been to Flash yet, supposed to be a great mid-size (200-ish capacity) club, and dBridge is one of my favorite producers of all time.

Now that's a not half bad line up, a Wednesday night is a bit of a bummer though.

I actually really like dBridge's stuff. I was never a Bad Company fan, but over the past few years he's really won me round, like with the recent dBRm stuff I mentioned above, the Velvit releases are great with some proper bite to them, and I still totally loved Love Hotel.

SUBFRIES
Apr 10, 2008

28 Gun Bad Boy posted:

Now that's a not half bad line up, a Wednesday night is a bit of a bummer though.

I actually really like dBridge's stuff. I was never a Bad Company fan, but over the past few years he's really won me round, like with the recent dBRm stuff I mentioned above, the Velvit releases are great with some proper bite to them, and I still totally loved Love Hotel.

His releases from about 2002 onward are worth checking out, and I really enjoyed his album.

As for Wednesdays, weeknights are bad for me (well, most nights are bad, sorry Longtiem for flaking on so many parties), but Thursdays I don't go to work until 10:30AM so I might make this party.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
It's cool that DC has a thriving scene, but do you guys get anything other than deep dubstep and D&B? Seems like that's all I ever see posted.

SUBFRIES
Apr 10, 2008

Mike_V posted:

It's cool that DC has a thriving scene, but do you guys get anything other than deep dubstep and D&B? Seems like that's all I ever see posted.

I'm opening for Ryan Hemsworth & Cyril Hahn next week, Midland was in town two weeks ago, Samo Sound Boy and Jerome LOL's tour was here a few weeks ago, Dusky, Mosca and T.Williams were here in September, there's probably tons of acts I have no knowledge about that have come through. It's probably because the DC music scene people are more active in this thread than say the techno or house threads.

There is a 2000 person venue called Echo Stage that I haven't even been to in it's current format (had been there 10+ years ago for other events, but it was a different space then), and they host all the big part time shows, basically anything Steez Productions is promoting nationwide, it will have a stop there. Acts like 12th Planet, Jack Beats, Flux Pavillion, Dodge & Fuski, Alvin Risk (who is local), Doctor P, etc.

Anae
Apr 23, 2008

SUBFRIES posted:

I'm opening for Ryan Hemsworth & Cyril Hahn next week, Midland was in town two weeks ago, Samo Sound Boy and Jerome LOL's tour was here a few weeks ago, Dusky, Mosca and T.Williams were here in September, there's probably tons of acts I have no knowledge about that have come through. It's probably because the DC music scene people are more active in this thread than say the techno or house threads.

There is a 2000 person venue called Echo Stage that I haven't even been to in it's current format (had been there 10+ years ago for other events, but it was a different space then), and they host all the big part time shows, basically anything Steez Productions is promoting nationwide, it will have a stop there. Acts like 12th Planet, Jack Beats, Flux Pavillion, Dodge & Fuski, Alvin Risk (who is local), Doctor P, etc.

If you hang with Cyril, tell him Pat & Ollie from 51.27 in the UK say hi. Plus, he's a really nice dude, so say hi anyway.

SUBFRIES
Apr 10, 2008

Anae posted:

If you hang with Cyril, tell him Pat & Ollie from 51.27 in the UK say hi. Plus, he's a really nice dude, so say hi anyway.

Will do. I usually don't know what to talk about with headliners, so I usually ask how their tour is going and if they need a drink, and then if they're ready to go on. Except Eats Everything, that guy was boundless energy, chatted with my two friends and wife who were in the booth, and I brought him doughnuts.

Anae
Apr 23, 2008

SUBFRIES posted:

Will do. I usually don't know what to talk about with headliners, so I usually ask how their tour is going and if they need a drink, and then if they're ready to go on. Except Eats Everything, that guy was boundless energy, chatted with my two friends and wife who were in the booth, and I brought him doughnuts.

Cyril's chill as heck. Talk to him about Mogwai.

#1 rule of artist liaison/talking to headliners - don't talk about music. Obviously not a hard and fast rule...but that's all anyone ever talks to them about when they're on the road, they'll be endlessly grateful for someone just chatting normally.

An0
Nov 10, 2006
I enjoy eating After Eights. I also enjoy eating Old El Paso salsa with added Tobasco.
Do y'all know if Kassem Mosse and the other guys on this line-up are good live?

◾ MAGIC MOUNTAIN HIGH (Live)
◾ MM/KM (MIX MUP & KASSEM MOSSE – Live)
◾ JUS ED & MOVE D (B2B)
◾ RMNSC

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Jus Ed and Move D rule, so does Kassem Mosse. Definitely not strictly bass music though, but amazing nontheless.

An0
Nov 10, 2006
I enjoy eating After Eights. I also enjoy eating Old El Paso salsa with added Tobasco.

Weaponized Cum posted:

Jus Ed and Move D rule, so does Kassem Mosse. Definitely not strictly bass music though, but amazing nontheless.

You seen them live before? I like their tunes, but it doesn't always translate into good sets.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

An0 posted:

You seen them live before? I like their tunes, but it doesn't always translate into good sets.

I've seen Jus Ed and Move D, yes, they were very good. Not Kassem Mosse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjoCY3s-Y50

a milk crime
Jun 30, 2007

Murky Waters
big business man

An0 posted:

Do y'all know if Kassem Mosse and the other guys on this line-up are good live?

◾ MAGIC MOUNTAIN HIGH (Live)
◾ MM/KM (MIX MUP & KASSEM MOSSE – Live)
◾ JUS ED & MOVE D (B2B)
◾ RMNSC

This is a MUST go to.

Jus Ed & Move D b2b generally produces stuff of legend.

Mix Mup & Kassem Mosse live is wow.

Yeah this is a must.

Kassem Mosse live: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEh0Ku6g_NY

Magic Mountain High live: https://soundcloud.com/move-d/mmh-panoramabar

An0
Nov 10, 2006
Understood xD Time to get some tickets!

Anae
Apr 23, 2008

An0 posted:

Understood xD Time to get some tickets!

Yeah if you miss that you're insane. Move D on a Croatian beach was honestly life-changing.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
Anyone know what the riddim with the Goldeneye 64 samples and the Pulse X kick on the latest Butterz Rinse podcast is?

The Fuck Juicer
Oct 16, 2012

Tokyo Slutty Gal posted:

Anyone know what the riddim with the Goldeneye 64 samples and the Pulse X kick on the latest Butterz Rinse podcast is?

Spooky - Pulse 007, unreleased

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
gently caress sake

The Fuck Juicer
Oct 16, 2012

Tokyo Slutty Gal posted:

gently caress sake

That was me guessing btw, I haven't listened to the podcast. It could be any one of these since Pulse 007 is a remix of them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgv7svzguxo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5Fx8e34UP8

28 Gun Bad Boy
Nov 5, 2009

Never been to Belgium
Actually didn't Spooky say ages ago it was going to be released. Though that was when it first kinda hit out I think, so no idea what's happened to it since. Forgot all about it actually, shame.

To cheer you up though Spooky is chucking out a new EP next month.

Blowdryer
Jan 25, 2008

SUBFRIES posted:

Dude so amazing that you get to open for them. I'm a DC local!

U Street Music Hall (where Subfries is playing I'm assuming because thats where RH/CH are playing) is my venue of choice because echo stage is usually electro housed out (though they do have good poo poo). Uhall gets a bunch of good people, I saw Viceroy & RAC there (unrelated to this thread). I get back to DC in December and I just saw Bicep is playing 12/14 I'm getting tickets as soon as they go on sale I can't wait. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3p4z-_hYgBg A good coincidence because I was just listening to this song.

God drat I did not expect to find that out when I started this post I'm so giddy now.

SUBFRIES
Apr 10, 2008

Blowdryer posted:

Dude so amazing that you get to open for them. I'm a DC local!

Cool, if you catch me at a show we'll have a drink! Also, keep 12/21 on your calendar, doing a small party at Backbar (U Hall's "incubator" club, they book all the Friday & Saturday shows there), will be myself, Charles Martin and Jett Chandon, playing UK bass stuff. I play out maybe once a month, usually at U Hall or Backbar. Half the time I play U Hall, they end up having me open & close.

I met Longtiem from here a few years ago and see him out a fair bit, but he'll also tell you he texts me about shows that he's going to & I'm being lame older person and staying in (wife isn't a club person, and I'm trying to work on production rather than DJ'ing a bunch).

Blowdryer
Jan 25, 2008

SUBFRIES posted:

Cool, if you catch me at a show we'll have a drink! Also, keep 12/21 on your calendar, doing a small party at Backbar (U Hall's "incubator" club, they book all the Friday & Saturday shows there), will be myself, Charles Martin and Jett Chandon, playing UK bass stuff. I play out maybe once a month, usually at U Hall or Backbar. Half the time I play U Hall, they end up having me open & close.

I met Longtiem from here a few years ago and see him out a fair bit, but he'll also tell you he texts me about shows that he's going to & I'm being lame older person and staying in (wife isn't a club person, and I'm trying to work on production rather than DJ'ing a bunch).

Isn't backbar 21+? Cause I'm not, otherwise I'd love to go. How late is closing at Uhall I didn't stay that late and have only been once so far.

SUBFRIES
Apr 10, 2008

Blowdryer posted:

Isn't backbar 21+? Cause I'm not, otherwise I'd love to go. How late is closing at Uhall I didn't stay that late and have only been once so far.

Ahhh. Yeah, usually 21+ for Backbar, I forget about that b/c well, age.

Closing a weeknight might be 1 to 2~2:30, depends on the crowd. Weekends it can close anywhere between 3 and 4AM, depends on the crowd. A lot of times as soon as the headliner finishes, people up & leave without even hearing the closer's first mix.

Champ Baldoon
Nov 22, 2012

God drat it. So many DC area cats in this thread. Really wish the backbar venue was 18+ because I'd love to come to that show on the 21st of December.

SUBFRIES
Apr 10, 2008

baltimoron posted:

God drat it. So many DC area cats in this thread. Really wish the backbar venue was 18+ because I'd love to come to that show on the 21st of December.

I'll see if there is a way you guys can get in, might mean giant X's and several people knowing if you're slippin' you're 86'd.

Champ Baldoon
Nov 22, 2012

SUBFRIES posted:

I'll see if there is a way you guys can get in, might mean giant X's and several people knowing if you're slippin' you're 86'd.

massive X's are nothing i'm not used to. that'd be real sick though, thanks for trying and if it pulls through than gently caress yeah!

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

I strongly suggest everyone that likes bass to buy this release from their favorite retailer. It's loving good.

Anza Borrego
Feb 11, 2005

Ovis canadensis nelsoni

Maguro posted:

NOLA chat

I grew up in BR and went to parties in NOLA from 2000 - 2005. How long have you been gigging?

28 Gun Bad Boy
Nov 5, 2009

Never been to Belgium

Weaponized Cum posted:

I strongly suggest everyone that likes bass to buy this release from their favorite retailer. It's loving good.

Of course if you were really cool you'd already own all the 12"s. Sadly I don't... ah well. CD compilation it'll have to be! Actually while you're picking up that you may as well pick up the new Om Unit LP on Civil Music as it's sounding good.

Oh and op has been slightly rejigged with some 2013 flavas. Nothing major.

SUBFRIES
Apr 10, 2008

baltimoron posted:

massive X's are nothing i'm not used to. that'd be real sick though, thanks for trying and if it pulls through than gently caress yeah!

Sure thing! I was lucky in that when I started going out at 18, most venues were 18+, raves were still raves in unlicensed spots and often all ages, and there was a monthly in Baltimore that was Sunday afternoons. If younger crowds are in to exploring more music, I think it's helpful to enable that. U Hall's weekend policy of ticket entry for 18-20 is good, doesn't alienate younger people who want to see any particular acts.

28 Gun Bad Boy posted:

Of course if you were really cool you'd already own all the 12"s. Sadly I don't... ah well. CD compilation it'll have to be! Actually while you're picking up that you may as well pick up the new Om Unit LP on Civil Music as it's sounding good.

Oh and op has been slightly rejigged with some 2013 flavas. Nothing major.

My record shopping is curbed a little right now, but I know what I'll be asking for for Christmas this year.

Also the Jubei album on Metalheadz is going to have a good bit of non-dnb on it, for anyone that likes deeper, darker 140 stuff.

Blowdryer
Jan 25, 2008
I'm going to be in Berlin Thursday and Friday night (10/31 - 11/1) and I was looking to hit up some clubs for deep house or uk bass sounding stuff, most of what I've been finding has been consistently techno though, does anyone have any recommendations?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
If you're in Berlin (Berghain is a must ;) ), why the hell wouldn't you go to all the techno you could before going back to wherever you're from that doesn't have near as good techno?

• Locked thread