Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012
How's this sound? I'm looking at putting together an order for this game with some local friends.

quote:

NOMADS
──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1 9 1 0

INTRUDER Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower, Adhesive Launcher / Pistol, CCW. (1 | 37)
INTRUDER Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower, Grenades / Pistol, CCW. (36)
REVEREND CUSTODIER Hacker (Hacking Device Plus) Lieutenant Combi Rifle + Marker / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 38)
PROWLER Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower, Adhesive Launcher / Pistol, CCW. (0.5 | 32)
WILDCAT Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (19)
WILDCAT (Number 2) Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (20)
STEMPLER ZOND Combi Rifle / Electric Pulse. (22)
TOMCAT Engineer Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (22)
TOMCAT Combi Rifle + E/Mitter, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (19)
WARCOR Flash Pulse / Stun Pistol, Knife. (3)

2 SWC | 248 Points

Open with Army 4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
So is this laser cut MDF terrain stuff as good as it looks? I'm seriously considering ordering the terrain box from BP Laser, it seems to be the best deal going and really perfect for Infinity...

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Wales Grey posted:

How's this sound? I'm looking at putting together an order for this game with some local friends.
Sorry buddy, I remember you posting in the thread a bit but forgotten on what, is this to learn the game with or as a general 300pt Nomad list?

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Thinking is dangerous. It can lead to subversive ideas. For instance, someone gets an idea to fit a full Haramaki link and a TAG into 300 points:

JAPANESE SECTORIAL ARMY

GROUP 1 9 0 5

O-YOROI Lieutenant HMG + Heavy Flamethrower, CrazyKoalas (2) / EXP CCW. (3 | 85)
O-YOROI PILOT Pistol, CCW.
HARAMAKI Missile Launcher / Pistol, DA CCW. (1.5 | 47)
HARAMAKI Blitzen, Combi Rifle / Pistol, DA CCW. (33)
HARAMAKI Blitzen, Contender / Pistol, DA CCW. (28)
KEMPEI (Chain of Command) Combi Rifle / Pistol, CCW, Electric Pulse. (24)
GUĬ FĒNG (BTS-12, Hacking Device) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (13 | 12XP)
TOKUSETSU KOHEI Engineer Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (14)

4.5 SWC | 300 Points

Open with Army 4

Remember, comrade-subject, don't think too much. And if you must think, think of the Party! :china:

(It's so refreshing to be able to fit anything in a list after the CA point-shaving) :syoon:

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Oct 29, 2013

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012

Flipswitch posted:

Sorry buddy, I remember you posting in the thread a bit but forgotten on what, is this to learn the game with or as a general 300pt Nomad list?

Yes to the latter, as I was planning on getting both the Corrgidor and "normal" starter boxes and jamming them together to make the list below and then picking up the rest of the parts for that piecemeal.

quote:

NOMADS

GROUP 1 8 0 0

INTRUDER (Lieutenant) Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower, Grenades / Pistol, CCW. (36)
WILDCAT Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (19)
WILDCAT Boarding Shotgun, Flash Grenades, Deployable Repeater / Pistol, Knife. (19)
ZERO Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (18)
ALGUACIL Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (10)
ALGUACIL Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (10)
ALGUACIL Paramedic (MediKit) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (14)
SECURITATE Combi Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (23)

0 SWC | 149 Points

Open with Army 4

I wish the Alguaciles had better sculpts.

edit: I guess what I'm asking about the 250-pointer is how effective a "lockdown" style list would be.

Wales Grey fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Oct 11, 2013

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

You should probably ditch the Securitate, as the Repeater is useless without a hacker, and the Securitate are overpriced anyway. You're also spending 0 SWC, which can be a problem. Ditch the Securitate, upgrade the Intruder to an HMG, and add an Alguacile LT, I'd say.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
Nothing like fully painting my Charontid, only to drop it and have the stupid little back fin break off, and be impossible to put back perfectly due to the layers of paint! :tizzy:

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Dr. Clockwork posted:

Nothing like fully painting my Charontid, only to drop it and have the stupid little back fin break off, and be impossible to put back perfectly due to the layers of paint! :tizzy:
Last game I hade an old Preta fall from the table and explode on the floor. Good thing the arms weren't pinned, gluing them back was way easier than repairing would be.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Has anyone actually tried to print out the tokens you can get from CB?

This one looks fine:

But these (and all the others) are complete arse:

Has someone posted better quality ones and ones that have been resized for non-A4 paper?

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Finished up Achilles. I don't think I've ever done this much work with my size 00 brush.

Phoenix next!

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
Fully painted starter set! :woop:

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Nicely done goons, Infinity sets are always great to paint up! Speaking of Infinity painting:

Thrasymedes

Tardscream
Nov 3, 2007

Funny as hell, it was the most horrible thing I could think of.
Noice painting posts up in this thread. Particularly awesome Charontid and Achillies guys. Really considering an airbrush. The minis deserve as much crispness in their paintjob as possible. My money... :negative:

Thinking that this will be a cool ISS frontline scenario build, bit concerned about E/M and the speed of the heavy lifters but it is non-JSA Yu Jing afterall:

IMPERIAL SERVICE

GROUP 1 10 0 1

HSIEN Lieutenant MULTI Rifle / Pistol, AP CCW. (+1 | 60)
WU MÍNG HMG / Pistol, CCW. (2 | 43)
WU MÍNG Combi Rifle + E/Mitter / Pistol, Knife. (36)
WU MÍNG Combi Rifle, Light Rocket Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 45)
GUĬ FĒNG (WIP13, BTS-3, Engineer, Hacking Device, Doctor, Minelayer) Combi Rifle, Antipersonel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (9 | 12XP)
YUDBOT Electric Pulse. (3)
NINJA Hacker (Hacking Device) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Shock CCW. (0.5 | 48)
CELESTIAL GUARD (Kuang Shi Control Device) Combi Rifle + Light Smoke Grenade Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 13)
KUANG SHI Chain Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (5)
LŮ DUĀN Mk12, Heavy Flamethrower / Electric Pulse. (25)
PANGGULING (EVO Repeater) Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 13)

3.5 SWC | 300 Points

Open with Army 4

Wales Grey posted:

Number 2 is useless outside of links which you can't do in vanilla anyways. I know its just making use of starter sets however! As already said, try and get some more SWC injected into those lists :angel:

Edit: Holy poo poo dat greek with the warpstone sword.

Tardscream fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Oct 12, 2013

Tardscream
Nov 3, 2007

Also, the other upcoming release so far, guess its not all dire-foes:

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!

Tardscream posted:

Also, the other upcoming release so far, guess its not all dire-foes:

That model is so rad. I wish I could paint like Angel Giraldez. I don't think I have 8 hours per day for 10 years to practice though.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
How hard would it be to do a weapon swap on the caledonian volunteers? I want to put the grenade launcher on the volunteer with the heavy machine gun, but I would imagine the launcher is too wide? Anyone know of any alternate weapons that would fit well in infinity scale (aka not hero scale like warhammer)?

Tardscream
Nov 3, 2007

That's a tricky question to answer man. You could always just flatten/shave out the side that will be resting near his chest if it doesn't fit. I assume the problem is the cheesecake-ness of the Caledonian grenade launcher lady? Probably be easiest/cheapest/less risky just to try and modelling putty the sculptor's sexual frustration out of the clothes.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
So I'm bringing a friend to the local ITS tournament, lending him my Yu Jing. He's only played several games, but what the locals don't know is that he's a drat good tactician with actual military experience. And he wants to troll the tournament scene :v:

I am a bad person :devil:

After I helped him polish the list it ended up looking like this:

YU JING

GROUP 1 9 0 2

ZHANSHI Lieutenant Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 11)
ZHANSHI Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (11)
ZHANSHI Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (11)
GUĬ FĒNG (WIP15, BTS-9, Hacking Device, Holoprojector L1) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (13 | 12XP)
TIGER SOLDIER Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower / Pistol, Knife. (27)
ARAGOTO Combi Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (25)
ARAGOTO Spitfire / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 29)
MECA-Engineer Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (15)
Yaókňng HŮSŇNG HMG, Antipersonnel Mines / Electric Pulse. (1 | 28)
LŮ DUĀN Mk12, Heavy Flamethrower / Electric Pulse. (25)

GROUP 2 6 0 4

CELESTIAL GUARD (Kuang Shi Control Device) Combi Rifle + Light Smoke Grenade Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 13)
TIGER SOLDIER HMG / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 35)
GŬILÁNG (Forward Observer, Deployable Repeater) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (29)
PANGGULING (Minesweeper) Electric Pulse. (8)

5.5 SWC | 300 Points

Open with Army 4

It'll be very interesting to see how he handles this.

BTW, do Spec-Ops count against the AVA of their base units? For example, if I take a Celestial Guard Spec-Op in vanilla Yu Jing, can I take 1 or 2 CGs more?

Tardscream
Nov 3, 2007

That's a pretty nasty looking list. Spec-ops count as their own separate unit entry no matter the base unit so their AVA is always 1 and won't detract from other unit AVA's like CG or whatevs. I'm pretty certain about it. Not only that, you would end up with situations like not being able to take certain base units for spec ops in sectorials because of no AVA available (Eg. couldn't make a CG or zhanshi spec ops in a JSA sectorial because they have no AVA in those lists - which isn't the case).

Tardscream fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Oct 14, 2013

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Yep, that's a pure destruction list, you'll get rid of it but only at a horrible harm to yourself. I'm more objective-oriented and I'll be playing in the same tournament, using this:

COMBINED ARMY

GROUP 1 10 0 0

SKIÁVORO Lieutenant Plasma Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, CCW. (56)
TREITAK (BTS-6, Minelayer, Hacking Device, Holoprojector L1) Combi Rifle, Antipersonel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (16 | 12XP)
SHROUDED (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (27)
SHROUDED (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (27)
MALIGNOS (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle + Light Shotgun, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (40)
KO DALI Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, D-Charges / 2 Assault Pistols, Knife. (37)
NOCTIFER Spitfire / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 30)
IKADRON (Baggage, Repeater) 2 Light Flamethrowers, Flash Pulse / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (9)
IKADRON (Baggage, Repeater) 2 Light Flamethrowers, Flash Pulse / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (9)
Q-DRONE HMG, Antipersonnel Mines / Electric Pulse. (1 | 29)

GROUP 2 0 4 4

PRETA Chain Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / CCW. (5)

2.5 SWC | 300 Points

Open with Army 4

I'm wondering how many people still don't know The Amazing Inflatable Charontid :v:

Tardscream
Nov 3, 2007

More landmines than the Bosnian war son.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Tardscream posted:

That's a tricky question to answer man. You could always just flatten/shave out the side that will be resting near his chest if it doesn't fit. I assume the problem is the cheesecake-ness of the Caledonian grenade launcher lady? Probably be easiest/cheapest/less risky just to try and modelling putty the sculptor's sexual frustration out of the clothes.

Thanks! I do have some of the extra weapon bits from the 45th highlands, so I could try to see how easy it is to cut of the metal without making a mess of it.

I don't think I have the skill to re-scuplt her, unfortunately. I would have to repose her entirely to get her to fit in with the rest of the army.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I had a Moderator get into melee with Achillies today.

It survived four orders. :stare:

Then she exploded, I guess parrying with a lollipop wasn't a great idea.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013
That's melee in infinity for you. Actually, given the moderator's electric pulse, Achilles had an excellent chance of immobilising himself during those 4 orders!

gobbledygoat
Jun 4, 2011

Ask me about
Steaming Early-onset Accessperger's

Free Logical Fallacies only in 2014!
Do not listen to a thing I say.

Flipswitch posted:

I had a Moderator get into melee with Achillies today.

It survived four orders. :stare:

Then she exploded, I guess parrying with a lollipop wasn't a great idea.

I had a sierra dronbot make four armour saves against some uberfallkommandos, that drone went on to murder three times his points... MVP :panoc:

gobbledygoat fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Oct 17, 2013

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

gobbledygoat posted:

I had a sierra dronbot make four armour saves against some uberfallkommandos, that drone went on to murder three times his points... MVP :panoc:

No kidding. I was making insane saves tonight. A lowly Devabot out of cover saved three HMG shots, then a myrmidon took two boarding shotgun blasts at optimal range without blinking. I honestly would not have won if pretty much everyone didn't pass at least one more save than it would have been wise to expect.

HardHead
Nov 4, 2009

Bouncer, Hey bouncer.
I have been thinking about getting into this game. Can you guys recommend a newbie friendly faction to start me off?

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

HardHead posted:

I have been thinking about getting into this game. Can you guys recommend a newbie friendly faction to start me off?

Ariadna is the simplest to grasp, rules wise. Dudes with big guns, basically, and if you really want to drag it out, werewolves.

HardHead
Nov 4, 2009

Bouncer, Hey bouncer.

Fix posted:

Ariadna is the simplest to grasp, rules wise. Dudes with big guns, basically, and if you really want to drag it out, werewolves.
You weren't kidding.

Ariadna it is then.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
Played a game on the weekend, my second with Vanilla ALEPH.

Holy crap Dasyus. I had one that hung on throughout basically the whole game, dodging full HMG bursts and kiting poo poo around. When it finally did get hit - no matter, because it has NWI! Awesome.

What it didn't do with much success however was kill stuff, but then it was up against Reverend Moiras with their ODD and Sin Eaters with their Mimetism and full burst AROs.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

HardHead posted:

You weren't kidding.

Ariadna it is then.

Though I will say as an Ariadna player myself; if it was the big robots that attracted you to the game, we don't get any.

e: But you can field a butt-load of these maniacs.

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Oct 17, 2013

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNnagrPToqE
Isobel McGregor.

Wales Grey posted:

Yes to the latter, as I was planning on getting both the Corrgidor and "normal" starter boxes and jamming them together to make the list below and then picking up the rest of the parts for that piecemeal.

I wish the Alguaciles had better sculpts.

edit: I guess what I'm asking about the 250-pointer is how effective a "lockdown" style list would be.

URF I forgot to reply to this sorry, but the list looks fine. Alguacils are on the edge of getting resculpts, with the first wave (Correg Starter box) having already started, so don't buy any!

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Oct 18, 2013

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Not bad, but I'm still not buying it.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Flipswitch posted:

Isobel McGregor.

That pose looks really uncomfortable.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
Who is she supposed to be?

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

She's the Ariadna female spec ops figure, and also at the same time the named character Isobel McGregor as part of the Dire Foes line. She'll come in a box set with the female Yu Jing spec op / special character and a civilian model.

The Dire foes characters / boxes will also have special missions revolving around them.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Oct 18, 2013

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Good god, Ajax is an intimidating motherfucker to paint. The detail is maniacal.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

ineptmule posted:

Another female model with the same face and figure. The concept art convinced me to keep her for painting when I buy the box, but someone doesn't seem to want my money.

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012

ineptmule posted:

Rob Liefield's contribution to Miniature Wargaming.

Wait, she has functional and not-deformed feet. Can't be from Liefield. And she has combat heels? What the hell, Corvus Belli.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Fix posted:

Good god, Ajax is an intimidating motherfucker to paint. The detail is maniacal.
Yeah CB really nailed his sculpt, he looks amazing.

Wales Grey posted:

Rob Liefield's contribution to Miniature Wargaming.

Wait, she has functional and not-deformed feet. Can't be from Liefield. And she has combat heels? What the hell, Corvus Belli.
Like, half the mini range for Infinity has combat heels, it's nothing new. It's actually a nice sculpt too but my only criticism is it looks like Uxia 1.5.

• Locked thread