Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

crondaily posted:

I got pretty into Vanna lately, how do you guys feel about their progression through the various lineup changes?

I really liked their first album, but I was young at the time and don't really care for it anymore. I followed them kind of half heartedly through the subsequent releases, never being terribly impressed or terribly let down. Then, they dropped their latest and it blew my skull apart. I fact, I think I was the first one to post when it came out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008

crondaily posted:

I got pretty into Vanna lately, how do you guys feel about their progression through the various lineup changes?

I looooove their new record - I wasn't really into them earlier, but this Every Time I Die-ish thing they've got going on is really doing it for me.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Hey, Eight is Legend, I'm hoping you follow He Is Legend on twitter, because they've been tweeting some great news.

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008

XIII posted:

Hey, Eight is Legend, I'm hoping you follow He Is Legend on twitter, because they've been tweeting some great news.

I definitely am and I couldn't be more excited!

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

I've posted about my friend's band Life As A Ghost here before and they just released a lyric video of their new song from their upcoming EP.

I've always found it hard to describe their style. Sort of emo metalcore reminiscent of mid-to-late Eighteen Visions and Haste the Day, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNqP0li797M

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
Uhh I guess this is the right thread?

New Protest the Hero song Clarity from their Kickstarter album: http://metalsucks.net/exclusive-premiere-protest-the-hero-clarity.html

nihil morari
Sep 24, 2011

by Ralp

PaganGoatPants posted:

Uhh I guess this is the right thread?

New Protest the Hero song Clarity from their Kickstarter album: http://metalsucks.net/exclusive-premiere-protest-the-hero-clarity.html

This is great. Sounds more akin to Fortress' style. And the album cover is cool.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Does anyone know of anything like Rings of Saturn?

I really love the keyboard use and the vocals from them.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

Kingnothing posted:

Does anyone know of anything like Rings of Saturn?

I really love the keyboard use and the vocals from them.

It's not exactly the same, but early Arsonists Get All The Girls has a similar vibe (the production isn't as heavy though).

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

It's not exactly the same, but early Arsonists Get All The Girls has a similar vibe (the production isn't as heavy though).

Anything in the AGATG vein is great too. I've been a fan of them forever.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

While looking for stuff like Rings of Saturn, I came across these guys. They're awesome and this video is great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCeRWaIh5Hw

Firecube
Feb 15, 2012

"What do you mean we usually just play dead? Are you telling me I've been doing this whole opossum thing wrong for 20 years??!!!"
Anyone else looking forward to the new TDWP? This is my favorite song of the bunch released so far: Home For Grave

I think this could even top Dead Throne.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Firecube posted:

Anyone else looking forward to the new TDWP? This is my favorite song of the bunch released so far: Home For Grave

I think this could even top Dead Throne.

The albums all over YouTube. Dead throne sucked and this is so much better.

The Akward Silense
Nov 3, 2010
When is After the Burial supposed to release a new album. That's supposed to happen at some point right?

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country
Just got flattened by the heavy from Black Sheep Wall's new EP. It's free on their bandcamp, definitely check it out if you haven't already.

crondaily
Nov 27, 2006
What are some other artists that sound like the first disk by Enter Shikari, "Take to the Skies"

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

crondaily posted:

What are some other artists that sound like the first disk by Enter Shikari, "Take to the Skies"

I would also like to know, as I really enjoy them, but I think you and I are the only two people in this thread that like them.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I had never heard of them before but listening to the 1st track of this Take to the Skies album this is very crabcorey

e: check out anything really by Attack! Attack!, Arsonists Get All the Girls, We Butter the Bread With Butter, Of Mice and Men, Asking Alexandria etc any of those should be right up your alley

kumba fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Sep 30, 2013

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Double post for new day (and cross-posting from the Metal Thread since this fits here too)

New record from Conducting from the Grave streaming on their Bandcamp: http://conductingfromthegrave.bandcamp.com/

Sounds much more like When Legends Become Dust than Revenants which is excellent. I'm almost done with my first playthrough and it's all that I wanted it to be.

The Dirtyness
Sep 13, 2007
New Protest the Hero song "Drumhead Trial"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMPd_WEMrLM

This is gonna be a good one guys. Sounds like Scurrilous meets Kezia with dueling guitar solos. :allears:

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
I was really amped for Scurrilous but I ended up just going back to Fortress and Kezia. Mostly Kezia. All the songs on Scurrilous kind've blended together to me, so I'm not really getting any good vibes from the new poo poo.

Percy Teatwillow
Jan 9, 2006

let us go out this evening for pleasure, for the night is still young
Crazy day for metal today. The vocalist from All Shall Perish left the band to... join Suicide Silence almost a year after Mitch Lucker passed away. I don't even know what to think.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...

Percy Teatwillow posted:

Crazy day for metal today. The vocalist from All Shall Perish left the band to... join Suicide Silence almost a year after Mitch Lucker passed away. I don't even know what to think.

"There's many who tried to prove that they're faster, but they didn't last and they died as they tried."
-Judas Priest, "Hell Bent for Leather"

RIP Mitch Lucker.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
New Trivium album leaked. Don't really have a good feeling about this one, but I might as well see what it's all about.

Percy Teatwillow
Jan 9, 2006

let us go out this evening for pleasure, for the night is still young

Zodijackylite posted:

"There's many who tried to prove that they're faster, but they didn't last and they died as they tried."
-Judas Priest, "Hell Bent for Leather"

RIP Mitch Lucker.

Breaking news: Rob Halford has joined Suicide Silence; "who?" responds local teen.

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008

crondaily posted:

I've heard the new Crossfaith album being compared to Enter Shikari, so maybe check that out.

crondaily
Nov 27, 2006

Eight Is Legend posted:

I've heard the new Crossfaith album being compared to Enter Shikari, so maybe check that out.

Thanks, I would compare this more towards newer Enter Shikari, but it's better than nothing.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

New Trivium album leaked. Don't really have a good feeling about this one, but I might as well see what it's all about.

The new Protest the Hero album leaked as well. At least I've already paid for it...

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

The new Protest the Hero is insane. Way better than Scurrilous which I was never too hot on to begin with.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
tip: if you backed the PTH album on indiegogo, they went ahead and sent out the download links after the album leaked today. the official release supposedly sounds better than the leak, so check your email if you did back it.

Infinium
May 27, 2010

deadwing posted:

The new Protest the Hero is insane. Way better than Scurrilous which I was never too hot on to begin with.

I had no issue with scurrilous, but goddamn this new album is good as hell. It's so loving fast and intense its ridiculous!

The Dirtyness
Sep 13, 2007
Yeah the new Protest the Hero is nuts!! I can't wait to get a physical copy of this and I'm really hoping they do a tab book for this one too.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

The Dirtyness posted:

Yeah the new Protest the Hero is nuts!! I can't wait to get a physical copy of this and I'm really hoping they do a tab book for this one too.

Surprised the guitars didn't catch on fire during Without Prejudice.

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country
I've listened to Volition non stop since they released the digital version to backers, it's just so drat good.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TheIllestVillain posted:

I've listened to Volition non stop since they released the digital version to backers, it's just so drat good.

Full album stream here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppwWGTgGMMQ

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
This is so much better than Scurrilous.

nihil morari
Sep 24, 2011

by Ralp
I liked Scurrilous but I think that this is much stronger.

Faltese Malkin
Aug 22, 2005
Georgetown

nihil morari posted:

I liked Scurrilous but I think that this is much stronger.

I've been avoiding the stream till I pick up the album in person, but what would you say about the new album to a Protest the Hero fan that:

- Didn't like Kezia at all expect for a song or two

- Really enjoyed the first half Fortress, but thought the second half (except for 'Spoils') was 'eh'

- Loved Scurrilous

The Dirtyness
Sep 13, 2007

Faltese Malkin posted:

I've been avoiding the stream till I pick up the album in person, but what would you say about the new album to a Protest the Hero fan that:

- Really enjoyed the first half Fortress, but thought the second half (except for 'Spoils') was 'eh'

- Loved Scurrilous

You're going to like it. I don't understand people not liking Scurrilous but Volition feels like Scurrilous on a totally new level of intensity.

Then again I like all of Protest's albums a lot so you'll just have to wait and find out!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

Faltese Malkin posted:

- Loved Scurrilous

I'd tell you your opinions are really offensive to me and that you're really going to like this album and we'll agree on it.