Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

Brett824 posted:

It's looking like there will be in the low 600ish range of total Pokebank obtainable in just X/Y before pokebank opens up. There are some odd exclusions though, like Rattata, Cottonee, Koffing, etc.

e: http://pastebin.com/hie2cL5y list of pokes that someone with a completed Kalos dex and a large amount of safari pokemon still doesn't have.

I saw a guy on the GTS asking for a Mudkip, which I think means he had to have seen one which I think means they're available(?).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Meat Recital posted:

I saw a guy on the GTS asking for a Mudkip, which I think means he had to have seen one which I think means they're available(?).

No they changed it so that you can ask for any Pokemon, whether you've seen it or not.

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

Can legendaries appear in friend safari?

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

"Oh, y'know. Murder stuff."
This is totally unacceptable censorship, Nintendo.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
So the Prima guide is poo poo, which isn't surprising to anyone who's bought a Prima guide, but they aren't even planning on releasing a Pokedex, huh? So uh... where do we find that poo poo out from this time? It'd be nice having a convenient book to flip through.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

HelloWinter posted:

This is totally unacceptable censorship, Nintendo.

How about "Frrrrrrt", including the quotes, so it's a literal fart noise?

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

No idea if it's a Photoshop or if it's "legit", but I hope it's the latter.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Level Slide posted:

No idea if it's a Photoshop or if it's "legit", but I hope it's the latter.

Looks pretty plainly like a glitch.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Why are there more black people in France than New York?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Poke-Somalia.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"
Anyone know the earliest I can get a Shuckle? Serebii says route 16 but, while I am up to my shoulders in pumpkaboos, klefkis, and phantumps, I haven't seen one. Do I have to fish for one, or is there a breakable rock I can't access without waterfall?

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009

RoboCicero posted:

Anyone know the earliest I can get a Shuckle? Serebii says route 16 but, while I am up to my shoulders in pumpkaboos, klefkis, and phantumps, I haven't seen one. Do I have to fish for one, or is there a breakable rock I can't access without waterfall?

I found Shuckle by smashing the small rocks but those were on a later route

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

That always makes me :unsmith:

It's great that a major Japanese game series is trying to be international with it's characters more than just adding a single token non-white/Japanese dude.

Zhent
Oct 18, 2011

The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time.
If I breed two honedge together, is the nature random unless I use an ever stone, or is it one of the two natures the parents have?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
It's really strange that Pokemon of all things is at the forefront of progressive portrayals of minorities in video games, but I won't complain.

cancerianmoth
Oct 18, 2012
anyone else creeped out by the gardeners in this game? The way they hold their branch cutter thing is pretty intimidating and their stare.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

cancerianmoth posted:

anyone else creeped out by the gardeners in this game? The way they hold their branch cutter thing is pretty intimidating and their stare.

I think the Hikers are worse. Big beefy guys with their beady little eyes and a stare that will shake your very soul.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

WendigoJohnson posted:

I think the Hikers are worse. Big beefy guys with their beady little eyes and a stare that will shake your very soul.

The worst are the Fairytale Girls. They look like they come from some horror movie where they play the part of "unsettling supernatural child".

Crosscontaminant
Jan 18, 2007

And then there's the one on Victory Road who bites your ear off and yells about you not taking her seriously.

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012
So I decided to put one of my Jungle Vivillons up on GTS to see if I could finagle a Monsoon out of someone.

After a couple non-monsoon vivillons I get sent a high planes one named BUTTSOUP. Used to be that any Vivillon would get snatched up immediately, but now I can't seem to get rid of this one.

I hope you burn in hell, anonymous trader. :argh:

Edit: Also, people need to stop asking for Xerneas or Yveltals. It's never going to happen.
Edit Again: Well, I'll be damned. I guess people will trade away legendaries for stuff.

Sleeping Sigma fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Oct 17, 2013

Miles O'Brian
May 22, 2006

All we have to lose is our chains
Everything about Hawlucha owns. His Pokemon Amie stance and practically all his animations, he is the goddamn best pokemon ever. He is my Pikachu forever.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Sleeping Sigma posted:

Edit: Also, people need to stop asking for Xerneas or Yveltals. It's never going to happen.

Au contraire, I got my Yveltal by trading away a level 1 bulbasaur.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

cheetah7071 posted:

Is there a faster way to grind money than the elite four with an amulet coin and the money O-power? Clothes in the Lumiose boutique are expensive.

I think the 3-star Restaurant Le Wow might be better, but I haven't put a stopwatch to it or anything. It's $100,000 to enter the Triple Battle, and then with the Amulet Coin on one of my guys and the Level 3 Prize Money active (don't know if they stack) I got $60k twice and $25k three times from the five battles. I went one turn over the limit twice and was perfect three times, which netted me 23 Balm Mushrooms, which sell for $6,250 each. If my math is right, that's $238,750 profit for something that took maybe ten minutes and gained pretty decent experience, too.

mareep
Dec 26, 2009

Zurai posted:

Au contraire, I got my Yveltal by trading away a level 1 bulbasaur.

Yeah, I got Xerneas and Mewtwo off baby starters.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Well it took about 20 minutes but now I have all of the mega stones I have available. And now a kimono girl in the Chateau is sending out two level 35 Audinos. Feeling pretty good, though I think I may have broken game sync by buying 90 Heart Scales and like 100 other things.

Turbo-Pharaoh
Jan 9, 2011
Welp, 11 eggs after getting a Japanese Gastly over the gts anddddd

:toot:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Someone challenged me to a battle and is there some online etiquette to this? The guy that challenged me only picked 3 Pokemon, while I picked my whole team and I felt bad until his Mewtwo destroyed everybody.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.

Hammerite posted:

The worst are the Fairytale Girls. They look like they come from some horror movie where they play the part of "unsettling supernatural child".

I'm in Valerie's Gym right now and this is way scarier than Lavender Town ever wished it was.

"DON'T WE LOOK LIKE DOLLS IN A LITTLE HOUSE?"

Edit: Also VALERIE'S EYES, JESUS CHRIST THAT IS NOT HUMAN.

LordHippoman fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Oct 17, 2013

Crosscontaminant
Jan 18, 2007

A lot of people probably still think you can only pick three because that's how it was in Gen V if you wanted level scaling.

Dolphin Fetus
May 31, 2006

We must kill them. We must incinerate them. Pig after pig. Cow after cow. Village after village. Army after army.

Dr Pepper posted:

If you know a Pokemon's base stats and EVs it's easy to figure out it's IVs.

Do they have to be level 100 or can I figure them out at level 5?

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?

Dolphin Fetus posted:

Its not exact at level 5, but you might get a sense of if theyre terrible or not.

fariz
Nov 10, 2009

You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.
global link won't work for me. i just goes to a white screen
The black and white ones work though
I'm on firefox, other than that, what am i doing wrong? :negative:

Lhet
Apr 2, 2008

bloop

Dolphin Fetus posted:

IVs are additional stats at level 100 (a lv100 pokemon with 31 defense IVs would have 31 more defense than a lv100 pokemon with 0 defense IVs). You only get one of those extra stats every couple levels, so it takes a while to get an idea. (There are some personality characteristics that will let you know if you have a perfect IV in a stat though, like "alert to sounds")

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013
Can you get the other Rotom forms in X and Y? If so, how?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Previous Jesus posted:

Can you get the other Rotom forms in X and Y? If so, how?

Serebii says you have to go to the 2nd floor of Sycamore's Lab.

ALEX TRILLTON
Sep 9, 2011

IF I'M EVER A DICK ON THE INTERNET, TELL PAULSEPHIROTH'S MOM

maketakunai posted:

Bonus pictures:
All Vivillion Formes
All Furfrou Formes

edit: fixed site, I'm so bad at javascript
edit2: Page edited to use higher res 300x300 art

Guys we're all ignoring the best part of this post:

You can give your Furfrou a hat. I desperately need to buy a 3DS now.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

I wish I could make a hat out of my hair.

Nethilia
Oct 17, 2012

Hullabalooza '96
Easily Depressed
Teenagers Edition

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

Boxes! How are you guys organized? I have a box for each type (two boxes for normal, grass, water and bug), a box for eggs, another for legendaries, a breeding box (where I dump parents), a whole box for Unown types and another for Vivillons. The rest are labelled "other" and it's where I leave trading fodder.

Late in the game, but since Gen 3 I do at least one box for every type (there's been enough boxes for a while I can give everyone one) Team (active training/good teammates), Newbies (just caught, sort later), Gods (all legendaries), Babies (exactly what's on the tin). Now I have one for Wonder Trade if I feel like grabbing some Scatterbug later to toss around.

Self segregation.

Flameingblack posted:

From what I've gathered in this topic and on 4chan is the secret to getting shinies is to have your girlfriends catch them for you. Congrats! I'm just gonna try and transfer over my original, first shiny from Sapphire and be happy with my shiny Flygon. (It's on Platinum right now)

My brother caught me a Shiny Scraggy from a Horde, and gave it to me as a birthday gift. I got to name him Gangsta Lean. :getin:

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

So, where is the best place postgame to grind exp? I don't want to grind the Elite Four multiple times unless I absolutely have to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I see a lot of people suggestion King's Shield for Aegislash. My current moves are Iron Head, Sacred Sword, Sword Dance and Shadow Sneak

1) Should I replace Iron Head with King's Shield?
2) What does King's Shield do that's so awesome?
3) Where can I get a heart scale so I can even get King's Shield in the first place?

• Locked thread