Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

I haven't done any breeding since probably Gen 3. Am I to understand that if I take an Adamant Ditto (which I happen to have caught), give it an everstone, and breed it with whatever, the offspring will have the Adamant nature? I've decided to add a Honedge to my team, but running around route 6 with quick balls and hoping for the best isn't proving as fruitful as I'd hoped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
Is there some new cap to breeding?

Thanks to random luck my first start got me a female adamant chespin. Now I have her and a skiddo in there, her holding the everstrone. They plopped out one egg right away, but nothing since. I got that egg to hatch I've been viking back and forth so much.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Nakar posted:

Don't think I'm likely to get better IVs for Mewtwo than 31/30/23/31/30/30 legit. Speed could be a point higher and neutral Nature, but I'm not much of a battler so I'll take it. Now to force him to kick soccer balls and feed him cream puffs. :3:

Oh and since people were doing it:

Yveltal's on that team, but he was easily the shittiest member of it. Vivillon actually soloed the Water guy.

Aren't the legendaries in these games guaranteed to have at least three 31 point IVs?

Slamma Jamma!
May 20, 2010

Where is a good spot to get a Pokemon with flame body? I'm trying to breed some homies right now, and I heard its crazy useful to have flame body.

Also, does anyone want a munchlax?

mareep
Dec 26, 2009

Fried Chicken posted:

Is there some new cap to breeding?

Thanks to random luck my first start got me a female adamant chespin. Now I have her and a skiddo in there, her holding the everstrone. They plopped out one egg right away, but nothing since. I got that egg to hatch I've been viking back and forth so much.

Are you actually talking to the guy? He doesn't call out when there's a new egg anymore unfortunately. But if he faces toward the road he's got a new egg!

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009

Average Bear posted:

Hey dudes that got shiny's so easily: what is your "Style" level at? Are you able to get 50% off the city cabs?

I want to see if maybe style has anything to do with shiny encounter rate, since it's a hidden value.

I didn't really do anything in Luminoise and I've gotten two shinies so far so there are other factors involved (though tipping probably does influence it)

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?

Factory posted:

Where is a good spot to get a Pokemon with flame body? I'm trying to breed some homies right now, and I heard its crazy useful to have flame body.

Also, does anyone want a munchlax?

Fletchling's evolution Fletchinder has Flame Body, he's accessible super early.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Azzents posted:

I'm wondering if anyone has come across a mega/giga drain tm and rain dance tm. On that note, is there a giant convenience store like in previous versions where you can buy tms?

The second Pokecenter clerk in...Dendemille or Laverre, one of the two, has the Rain Dance and Sunny Day TMs. I don't think there's a Giga Drain TM.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

Nickname Pending posted:

It seems that using the bike around Lumiose helps more with the terrible camera angle over the rollerskates. But the city really is poorly designed.

It's okay, but that's the problem. They gave us Castelia last game which is probably the best-designed city in a video game not designed by Will Wright.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
God dammit, I finally got a second egg but it took so long that it overwrote pin missile with bulk up. I hate that part of the daycare. Where can I find the move relearned so I can get rid of this poo poo?

Edit: yes I was talking to him every time I passed

mareep
Dec 26, 2009

Nnnnnngh I'm breeding for my pipe dream of a shiny charmander I've always dreamed of and have box on box of regular charmanders now. Just one shiny please :smith:

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Someone earlier in the thread posted that they were looking for a Rufflet--in the five or so hours since that happened I have come into possession of one through the Friend Safari. I can toss one up on GTS in like 20, 25 minutes if you give me a specific Pokémon, gender, and level range. (I would just trade one to you except my friends list has been full since Animal Crossing.)

edit: And didn't somebody say Tangela hadn't been seen in a Friend Safari yet? 'cause now it has :cool:

Pretzel Rod Serling fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Oct 17, 2013

NiftyBottle
Jan 1, 2009

radical
I just caught Xerneas with a quick ball. :stare:

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

NiftyBottle posted:

I just caught Xerneas with a quick ball. :stare:

Back in White2 I caught a Reshiram and a Latias with quick balls. Master Balls are for chumps.

Nevileen
Jan 4, 2008
You know what, I think I'm going to try to raise a Ludicolo this run. I've never used one, so!

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
Do any of you play X/Y on a 2DS? If so, do you have any regrets? I have a DS Lite that still looks and works perfectly after four years so I feel pretty pathetic even considering buying a new console to play a single game, but like all goons my childhood should be never ending with all of my favorite things going on and on. I think 3D is a dumb gimmick so unless the Netflix app on the 3DS XL runs really smoothly I can't quite justify buying more than the minimum for the sake of playing X/Y. Any input would be appreciated.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Rhonne posted:

Back in White2 I caught a Reshiram and a Latias with quick balls. Master Balls are for chumps.

I caught Moltres in Leaf Green with a Great Ball at full health and he's been the legendary I've regarded the lowest ever since.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
Unlocked medium perm, looks like what I want is short perm. Spending money seems to work.

Mennonites Revenge
Feb 13, 2012

Lack of electricity... is my destiny...

Keiya posted:

It's okay, but that's the problem. They gave us Castelia last game which is probably the best-designed city in a video game not designed by Will Wright.

Did they significantly redo it in BW2? The layout and appearance seemed rather samey in Black, with the most repetitive music this side of going Super Saiyan in Sonic 2.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Rhonne posted:

Gawddammit back in my day we had to use all 99 ultra balls and we liked it :corsair:

(Actually we surfed along a beach until making a deal with the devil {and maybe even catching him, too} to get infinite Master Balls)

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Is there a guide on how Battle Training works exactly?

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
Definitely loving rear end in a top hat Squid. Having more fun dragging battles out and screwing around rather than a quick win. Enemy used Swords dance, attack rose sharply... Malamar used Topsy-Turvy, enemy's attack fell harshly! Enemy used Screech, Malamar's defence rose sharply! Malamar used Superpower, Malamar's attack and defence rose!

Captain Matchbox
Sep 22, 2008

BOP THE STOATS

extra stout posted:

Do any of you play X/Y on a 2DS? If so, do you have any regrets? I have a DS Lite that still looks and works perfectly after four years so I feel pretty pathetic even considering buying a new console to play a single game, but like all goons my childhood should be never ending with all of my favorite things going on and on. I think 3D is a dumb gimmick so unless the Netflix app on the 3DS XL runs really smoothly I can't quite justify buying more than the minimum for the sake of playing X/Y. Any input would be appreciated.

The 3d isn't particularly great in x/y. The framerate is pretty poo poo already in battles, and in some battles/towna the game just reverts to 2d. First 3DS game where I just turned 3d off after a while.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Ugh does the wind in Route 13 ever go away? I just beat the power plant, but I wasn't done exploring and there's a rail I can't get on because the wind keeps slowing me down.

I hate this area.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

There's no way for DS and 3DS games to interact so you're gonna have to wait til december when the Pokebank app rolls out.

If that was the case, it wouldn't be possible at all. Oh, sure, it might rely on the DS cart being in the 3DS, but still, write to the SD card then to XY. They're just bullshitting to try to get you to accept them paywalling features that used to be part of the base game. Stop letting them get away with it.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
How do you get to the TM in the winding woods?

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?
Apparently shininess affects Vivillon's forms. The collector in me is spurting over here.

Here's the shiny Modern form, courtesy of some lucky schmuck

Millions fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Oct 17, 2013

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I had to beat the ever-loving poo poo out of Mewtwo, slap him with thunder wave until it was paralyzed, and cherry-tap him all the way down to a sliver of health... but I got the motherfucker with a Dusk Ball after about eight tries with various ball types. Master Balls are for quitters :black101:.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

extra stout posted:

I'm not sure Netflix has added any 3D movies you can watch on the 3DS yet, the 3D has hardly ever been the selling point for the console family (despite the name, and imo of course), and only cutscenes and battles use 3D anyway. Unless you travel a lot and need a clamshell to save a little space when you go out for Streetpass, there's no reason not to just spend less money and get a 2DS (barring not having the money, of course).

Jun 23, 2010

good god glittering cave is terrible.

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013

online posted:

good god glittering cave is terrible.

I really like it conceptually and atmospherically but yeah, it's super confusing to actually navigate.

I like the 3D in caves and such in this game, but I usually have it off in battles because of the framerate.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I had to beat the ever-loving poo poo out of Mewtwo, slap him with thunder wave until it was paralyzed, and cherry-tap him all the way down to a sliver of health... but I got the motherfucker with a Dusk Ball after about eight tries with various ball types. Master Balls are for quitters :black101:.

Mewtwo is the only Pokemon I have ever and will ever use a Master Ball on out of principle.

Slamma Jamma!
May 20, 2010

Does anyone know a reasonable way to get a non us region ditto? I really sang to try the Masada method.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Factory posted:

Does anyone know a reasonable way to get a non us region ditto? I really sang to try the Masada method.

Try Ditto for Ditto on the GTS with a "foreign please" note? Worst-case scenario you get another US Ditto and you gotta do it again.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Keiya posted:

If that was the case, it wouldn't be possible at all. Oh, sure, it might rely on the DS cart being in the 3DS, but still, write to the SD card then to XY. They're just bullshitting to try to get you to accept them paywalling features that used to be part of the base game. Stop letting them get away with it.

Must've been nice for Nintendo to give away Gameboys, Link Cables, and DS consoles for "free" transferring.

Seriously, :getout: if you're complaining about $5 a year

mareep
Dec 26, 2009

Either that or just patrol GTS looking for viable trades with foreign named Ditto. That's how I grabbed mine.

E: speaking of which has anyone had much luck with the Masuda method? I've never had it work for me.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

I am about to unleash a box of Chompski the Mawile on wonder trade while trying to matsuda a shiny one out of boredom.

I read on serebii that loving with the system date/time will put a stop to all times events for 3 days. Apparently I won't be cheesing play coins any more :(

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

notthegoatseguy posted:

Must've been nice for Nintendo to give away Gameboys, Link Cables, and DS consoles for "free" transferring.

Seriously, :getout: if you're complaining about $5 a year

It's 42 loving cents a MONTH. I don't see why people are complaining so loudly about it.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say

:stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Classtoise posted:

It's 42 loving cents a MONTH. I don't see why people are complaining so loudly about it.

Just ignore Keiya. He literally said "Gamefreak is keeping my pokemon hostage" (I'm still disappointed this isn't the new thread title).

• Locked thread