Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
I'm assuming it was a weird oversight on the press release; previous references to the Director's Cut have said that the other DLC/Tong's Rescue mission were going to be in as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

This is great news! I've tried to do a second playthrough blasting everything but got bored. This will certainly fire me through for a second and maybe even third go-round.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010
So you can't just upgrade the PS3/360 versions? That's a shame, I was hoping to try out the DC version but I'm not paying $30 for what should mostly been included in a patch.

Nice Van My Man
Jan 1, 2008

I kind of hope they at least took out the capsule crashing into the ocean thing in the last mission. How is he standing there if the capsule crashed? Immersion ruined. (I'm sure they probably didn't)

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

SynthOrange posted:

Eesh. I might give it a miss then.

I'll buy two copies, it's fine.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

Supplanter posted:

I kind of hope they at least took out the capsule crashing into the ocean thing in the last mission. How is he standing there if the capsule crashed? Immersion ruined. (I'm sure they probably didn't)

Is it really that hard to believe he swam over to the installation and climbed up some, let's say, ladders?

Nice Van My Man
Jan 1, 2008

AHungryRobot posted:

Is it really that hard to believe he swam over to the installation and climbed up some, let's say, ladders?

Yeah, it doesn't really bother me, although it is an obvious weird editing thing (I think I heard you were originally going to travel up the last stage instead of down?). I don't expect them to change it and will buy the upgrade regardless. Now that you mention it, if they do add a mind numbingly long ladder climbing scene ala Snake Eater they will earn serious points with me though.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

AHungryRobot posted:

No, it's not that hard to believe. What's annoying about it is that the cutscene immediately transitions directly into Jensen standing on the dock without anything inbetween. Yeah, I can infer that he popped out of the capsule and climbed onto the deck himself between the cutscene and the fade-back-into-gameplay transition, but it's still pretty bothersome that he appears to just sort of teleport there.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

CJacobs posted:

No, it's not that hard to believe. What's annoying about it is that the cutscene immediately transitions directly into Jensen standing on the dock without anything inbetween. Yeah, I can infer that he popped out of the capsule and climbed onto the deck himself between the cutscene and the fade-back-into-gameplay transition, but it's still pretty bothersome that he appears to just sort of teleport there.

Okay, but that sort of thing isn't exactly uncommon when cutscenes are involved. This particular example here isn't even that egregious in my opinion.

Gatac
Apr 22, 2008

Fifty Cent's next biopic.
Should have had him reset the trajectory so the capsule flies over Panchea, then he ejects in flight and touches down at the dock with Icarus.

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Gatac posted:

Should have had him reset the trajectory so the capsule flies over Panchea, then he ejects in flight and touches down at the dock with Icarus.

What if you don't have the upgrade?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

You found the fifth ending.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Boogle posted:

Jensen deploys his emergency landing gear and swoops in like an airplane.

Gatac
Apr 22, 2008

Fifty Cent's next biopic.

Boogle posted:

Then you get to splat on the concrete like the fun-hating Praxis point miser you are. (Or do the "splashdown and swim" thing.)

Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

Si vis pacem, para bellum

AHungryRobot posted:

I honestly don't have any problem with how that cutscene plays out. But the thought of Jensen swimming, or even floating, is pretty goddamn funny.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Oh, he doesn't swim. He sinks like a god drat rock and then waddles around on the ocean floor like the ghosts in Pirates of the Caribbean.

...Or he has little jet turbine fans in his elbows and he could be a Jensen submarine. That'd be a neat trick too.

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

I found this image on the Internet, perhaps you've heard of it? It's been around for a while I hear.

One of his kill skills involves spinning his splayed fingers like a propeller after grabbing someone's head, breaking their neck. He could just use that.

Dice Dice Baby
Aug 30, 2004
I like "faggots"
Buoyancy's still an issue
Maybe he has CO2 canisters and his gut can inflate and expand? v:confused:v

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
His augs are mostly metal foams, plastic, and carbon nanotubes. I'm sure they're fairly buoyant.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

CJacobs posted:

Oh, he doesn't swim. He sinks like a god drat rock and then waddles around on the ocean floor like the ghosts in Pirates of the Caribbean.

...Or he has little jet turbine fans in his elbows and he could be a Jensen submarine. That'd be a neat trick too.

He has nanobugs in his intestines that rapidly produce gas, and he farts this gas out of his butt, propelling himself through the water like a torpedo.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Yeah I guess he could just fart too

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

He has nanobugs in his intestines that rapidly produce gas, and he farts this gas out of his butt, propelling himself through the water like a torpedo.

Day 1 sale for me.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

And we finally know what aug they were arguing about in the prologue. "He doesn't need that, Sarif!" "Yes he does!"

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

I never assed for this.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Jensen gives new meaning to the term powerbottom

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
The Crepitus Swimming System?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Well it would explain why he didn't need to put points in swimming.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

:laugh:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

:psyduck:

Gotta love the Sun's fact checking.

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Oct 16, 2013

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

I found this image on the Internet, perhaps you've heard of it? It's been around for a while I hear.

That's as good as that Chinese article saying that a US publication's poll said that Kim Jong-Un was the most popular world leader... not realizing that the publication was The Onion, and that of course they're not serious.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
We're all going to look pretty silly when it turns out that's real and the company will shoot to prominence after we all mock the article, turning it viral. :colbert:

Grim Up North
Dec 12, 2011

Shouldn't have googled Robert Spence.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Any idea if they've tweaked lethal takedowns so that they're not automatically a more terrible option on all fronts compared to nonlethals?

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Nothing has indicated they've rebalanced those , sadly. Nor the fact that hacking/stealth/non lethal playthroughs are encouraged by the game mechanics.

Any idea how the pricing discount will work on steam? My storefront still lists it at $19.99 even though I own the base game and DLC in steam.

tankadillo
Aug 15, 2006

Anti-Hero posted:

Nothing has indicated they've rebalanced those , sadly. Nor the fact that hacking/stealth/non lethal playthroughs are encouraged by the game mechanics.

Any idea how the pricing discount will work on steam? My storefront still lists it at $19.99 even though I own the base game and DLC in steam.
Their press release implied that they encourage hacking and stealth more now, actually, since they added new minigames or something for those skills.

Mr.Hotkeys
Dec 27, 2008

you're just thinking too much

tankadillo posted:

Their press release implied that they encourage hacking and stealth more now, actually, since they added new minigames or something for those skills.

How about throwing grenades back, have they said if that'll be in there for the non-WiiU versions?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

When can we actually buy this? There's no buy button for me on Steam and it's listed as $20 in the search page.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
October 22nd I think.

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf
I'm really looking forward to a new playthrough. Can't believe they priced it as reasonably as they did.

You know, now that I think about it, both HR and the first DX are one of the few games I play (and beat) pretty much annually. I think that if the boss battles are as changed as they say (in addition to the other little tweaks), I might even start to think that HR is better than the first. :blush:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Dammit square, put this up for preorder before I do something stupid with my steambux. I haven't played HR in a year or two, so I'm really looking forwards to this director's cut.

• Locked thread