Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Exploder
Nov 15, 2005

Just a humble motherfucker with a big ass dick
Not the strongest episode of the season, but that isn't saying much. It still had me laughing throughout almost the entire half hour.

Religious stuttering army carnies!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

I don't know if I've laughed harder at this show than when Charlie pulled out the Voltron drawing. I had to rewind the DVR to see what I missed after that. And I laughed through the whole scene of them in the suits. Something about them just casually shopping while talking in the helmets. Then Charlie walking around with a beer bottle sticking out. Definitely one the better episodes for me. Right up there with Mac Day. And Frank. drat.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
I loved this one. Dennis slayed me as usual, getting upset that the gang was interrupting his dramatic pauses and being super critical of their singing. Motownphilly tying the whole episode was a stroke of genius...and frankly they didn't sound half bad!

I have a theory. For those of you who didn't like this episode, did you like Gun Fever Too: Still Hot?

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

Do they do director's commentary for this show on the season dvds? Because I would love to hear people talk about Danny Devito stripping down to his underwear and getting covered in hand sanitizer.

Bluedust
Jan 7, 2009

by Ralp

timp posted:

I loved this one. Dennis slayed me as usual, getting upset that the gang was interrupting his dramatic pauses and being super critical of their singing. Motownphilly tying the whole episode was a stroke of genius...and frankly they didn't sound half bad!

I have a theory. For those of you who didn't like this episode, did you like Gun Fever Too: Still Hot?

Yeah I liked it.

Harry
Jun 13, 2003

I do solemnly swear that in the year 2015 I will theorycraft my wallet as well as my WoW
I thought it started slow, but when they showed Dennis in the bathroom I could barely stop laughing.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Frank hairless, lubricated and nearly nude is the best image to come out of this show since Frank getting birthed from a couch :allears:

Bluedust
Jan 7, 2009

by Ralp

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Frank hairless, lubricated and nearly nude is the best image to come out of this show since Frank getting birthed from a couch :allears:

Oh I agree I lost my poo poo at the end.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Frank was by far the best thing about this episode. I also loved Charlie's beer suit.

Sears Poncho
Oct 8, 2011

Gaunab posted:

Great episode and Jerry from Parks and Recs as the doctor was cool.

Larry :colbert:

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
I loving LOVED this episode. Holy poo poo. Gotta drink to stay healthy.

loving Alcoholics. "I just want to be pure." :catstare:

Drifter fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Oct 17, 2013

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

That episode was pretty bizarre. A lot of the musical cues and camera angles seemed unusual for the show too.

But I laughed way, way too hard at Dennis' single falsetto note.

VanV
May 13, 2004

Not this year.
Great episode, I never caught on!

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
That was so fuckin weird and great, I'm surprised that there were people that didn't like it. I get not liking Gun Fever too, even though I liked that one but this was great.

ChairMaster fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Oct 17, 2013

Beardless Riker
Apr 14, 2005

I love whoever does the makeup on this show. It always looks so good, and the cast is really good at making it believable too. See also: the Jersey Shore episode where Dennis throws up on the power tower, which is for some reason not on youtube.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
My mind still flashes to the office scene with a slathered up (but bacteria free!) DeVito lying on the floor in his underwear.

I feel like it's something I should have seen first in a liveleak dot com video.

Barf Wight
Sep 4, 2011
OK, you can stop yelling :hf:
hahahah as soon as I saw Frank's hand sanitizer slug trail I knew something crazy was going to come up.

Dee's religious southern army carny veteran with a stutter was amazing.

"throat c-c-c-cancer from eating bad pussy"

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ror posted:

That episode was pretty bizarre. A lot of the musical cues and camera angles seemed unusual for the show too.

I completely lost it at that. I really enjoyed this episode- loved the gang's singing (remember when they would do that earlier in the series?) and Frank's descent into madness. Gotta say, seeing him on the floor, hairless and slick with hand sanitizer, really reminded me of the infamous "tequila worm" monster from Poltergeist 2.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Ror posted:

Yeah, that part really got me too. "Does this sound like a man who's sick?" That and the fact that they're all alcoholics.

rawillkill
Aug 15, 2009

Emma Watson is what runs trivia teams.

Pasteurized Milk posted:

Do they do director's commentary for this show on the season dvds? Because I would love to hear people talk about Danny Devito stripping down to his underwear and getting covered in hand sanitizer.

It was probably lubricant, I would imagine hand sanitizer over your entire body is either unhealthy or possibly even hurts.

http://www.amazon.com/Passion-Natural-Water-Based-Lubricant-Gallon/dp/B005MR3IVO

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Kaitlin Olsen has got to be the funniest female comedian around. Even if she doesn't write her own lines, she still acts the poo poo out of them.

wukkar
Nov 27, 2009
How is this thread not filled with gifs of Frank yet.

GlobalHero06
Jan 31, 2006
not a local hero
I really thought they were getting sick from toxic mold exposure in the bathroom. The alcoholic twist was great.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

What do we do with that information?

Just push it deep down and, y'know...keep an eye on it.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
I wish season 8 would go up on Netflix already. I had no cable when it aired.

Clamknuckle
Sep 7, 2006

Groovy
Dee was every country singing finalist on Americas Got Talent ever.

Nelson Mandela
Jun 4, 2007

SO SHINY
SO CHROME
Dennis' whole "I can go from flaccid to erect at a moment's notice" line, then Mac excitedly bursting out "It's true, I've seen it!"... the discussion of what is presumably Night Crawlers (ore on the bed?!) ... slippery, naked Frank...

Another brilliant episode. I think this is easily my favourite season overall.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

hcreight posted:

They made it because FX had been so successful in producing hit programming that it made sense to expand to a second network. Problem is most of the cable companies didn't want to add another pricey channel to their basic cable lineup, so they dropped FXX into tiered packages that a lot of people don't have.

COX Cable just replaced the FOX soccer channel with FXX. I'm surprised other tv companies didn't do that. However COX cable is far and away better then a lot of the other big cable companies in tv AND internet.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I think Fox themselves made that change, the problem is no one got Fox Soccer.

Hahaha:
The channel properly transferred from Fox Soccer to FXX an hour later, when a clip of FC Barcelona's Lionel Messi about to score a goal was broken up by Frank Reynolds (Danny Devito) of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia coming through a leather couch (representing a television screen being "torn" through) being "birthed" in the nude (a scene taken from the 2009 Christmas special episode A Very Sunny Christmas), suggesting the "birthing" of FXX.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Barf Wight posted:

Dee's religious southern army carny veteran with a stutter was amazing.

"throat c-c-c-cancer from eating bad pussy"

At first I thought it was just some random joke, but then I remembered that Michael Douglas thing and it floored me.
This episode had so many great moments, definitely one of my favorites.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Great episode. This season's been pretty strong overall. I'm constantly impressed with this show's lack of a decline.

The only episodes from this season I would say are "just ok" are Gun Control 2 and the pyramid scheme episode. And even they were both pretty good.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Bluedust posted:

I still want to know how he got in that drat coil!
He just wanted to pound off in the night time!

This might be the strongest season ever. This show just keeps getting better.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

ShadyNasty posted:

Dennis' whole "I can go from flaccid to erect at a moment's notice" line, then Mac excitedly bursting out "It's true, I've seen it!"... the discussion of what is presumably Night Crawlers (ore on the bed?!) ... slippery, naked Frank...

Another brilliant episode. I think this is easily my favourite season overall.

Flaccid.

Erect.

Flaccid.

Erect.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
I actually thought the opposite of a lot of you. I though this season had been kind of disappointing so far but this episode was just fantastic

Exploder
Nov 15, 2005

Just a humble motherfucker with a big ass dick

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

I actually thought the opposite of a lot of you. I though this season had been kind of disappointing so far but this episode was just fantastic

Man, I know it is a matter of subjectivity, but I just don't see how this season can be viewed, in any way, from any perspective, or in any universe as disappointing. In my opinion, every episode this season, except for maybe "Mac and Dennis Buy a Timeshare", is right up there with my personal favorites like "Mac and Charlie Die," "The Gang Hits the Road" and "The Nightman Cometh". Then again, I didn't care much for season 7 and thought the show was dying like so many comedies before it, and people called me crazy at the time. Although, upon a second viewing, I liked that season a little more. So, it really is subjective, but I'm just curious as to why you are disappointed in this season.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Exploder posted:

I'm just curious as to why you are disappointed in this season.

Dee should have bombed on Conan for real :argh:

Sartana
Jun 8, 2013

Exploder posted:

Man, I know it is a matter of subjectivity, but I just don't see how this season can be viewed, in any way, from any perspective, or in any universe as disappointing. In my opinion, every episode this season, except for maybe "Mac and Dennis Buy a Timeshare", is right up there with my personal favorites like "Mac and Charlie Die," "The Gang Hits the Road" and "The Nightman Cometh". Then again, I didn't care much for season 7 and thought the show was dying like so many comedies before it, and people called me crazy at the time. Although, upon a second viewing, I liked that season a little more. So, it really is subjective, but I'm just curious as to why you are disappointed in this season.

Subjectivity is an issue with every show but It's Always Sunny seems like it has an especially broad scope of humor. It feels like everybody unanimously agrees that it's funny but has completely differing opinions about which episodes/seasons are the best and which are the weakest. I think people just find different elements of the show especially funny. You guys have both cited Mac and Dennis Buy a Timeshare as one of the weaker episodes but I've been watching it repeatedly and think it's one of my favorites of the entire show.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

Exploder posted:

Maybe we just have divergent tastes in humour because season 7 is my absolute favourite. I don't think there's a single bad or even mediocre episode except for maybe Frank's Brother, and I rewatch the entire season a few times a year. As for this season I thought this episode and the awards one were excellent, Timeshare and Mac Day were good, and the rest were ok. When I say "disappointing" it's still way above most other comedies, especially in their ninth season, but I thought 8 was a step down from 7 and this is a step down from 8

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Beardless Riker posted:

I love whoever does the makeup on this show. It always looks so good, and the cast is really good at making it believable too. See also: the Jersey Shore episode where Dennis throws up on the power tower, which is for some reason not on youtube.

Made this one a long time ago. Save you a bit of searching. :barf:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Portugal. The Man does a great cover at their live shows. They also did a short promo with Sunny before this season aired.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77LhtUx_9uA

This is great. I wish I had seen it earlier.

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Frank was by far the best thing about this episode. I also loved Charlie's beer suit.

He's lucky because alcoholism skips a generation... :eng101: