Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Neo_Crimson posted:

People keep saying that tipping gives you a larger chance of getting a shiny. I'm 99% sure this is Correlation Fallacy.

Yeah, I don't really believe it, either, but at the same time making money in the game is easy so it's like, might as well do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Saw people posting them so better late then never

What is type coverage.

Where is your starter, you monster?

Zahki
Nov 7, 2004

Are Metal Coats sold anywhere in game? I've found one, just wondering if I use it to make a Scizor for my playthrough now whether I'd be wasting the only coat available.

cancerianmoth
Oct 18, 2012

Nessa posted:

The friends that I've gotten through friend codes don't seem to show up on my PSS at all. Is there something else I need to do?

i think that means they haven't logged on the internet, on their game, yet. That or they haven't actually added you back.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Neo_Crimson posted:

I just took a screencap, uploaded to imgur, and used their cropping tool.

Fair enough. Just wanted to make sure I hadn't missed something.

The Aerodactyl contributed jack-squat, he was just my HM slave.

Also, I took the time to dress in fancy(ish) clothes from the boutique in Lumiose before visiting the Elite Four :wotwot:

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
So where do I find a Dusk Stone? I have a Sacred Sword Doublade ready to go.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

So where do I find a Dusk Stone? I have a Sacred Sword Doublade ready to go.

After you beat the Elite Four, go to Laverre and talk to the Team Flame guy wandering around.

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013

Neddy Seagoon posted:

After you beat the Elite Four, go to Laverre and talk to the Team Flame guy wandering around.

Alternatively, do the Aegislash Secret Super Training you unlock when you get full EVs on a Pokemon.

BAILOUT MCQUACK!
Nov 14, 2005

Marco! Yeaaah...
Can you get all 3 gen 1 starters in one run without trading? I would much rather run with them through the game than the new starters because I'm old and stupid.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

cancerianmoth posted:

i think that means they haven't logged on the internet, on their game, yet. That or they haven't actually added you back.

Okay, cool. Just wanted to know if it was something on my end or not.

I know someone was wondering about Pumkaboo sizes earlier. I caught an adamant female one and I'm going to try breeding her and see what sizes I get!

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I give up. Apparently the word "spike" is too offensive to be used in a Pokemon's name. gently caress Gamefreak forever.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Can anyone confirm/deny if the Pokeball Store in Lumiose starts selling the Kurt balls post-game? If not it's a real fuckin tease that they'd show them but you can't even get them :negative:

jymbojones
Jul 4, 2010

The Shortest Path posted:

I give up. Apparently the word "spike" is too offensive to be used in a Pokemon's name. gently caress Gamefreak forever.

Replace "spike" with "dong" and I'm sure the name will work out great. It also won't be filtered.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

nerdbot posted:

Can anyone confirm/deny if the Pokeball Store in Lumiose starts selling the Kurt balls post-game? If not it's a real fuckin tease that they'd show them but you can't even get them :negative:

I was there a few minutes ago and they didn't have any.

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

Oh goddd I just got to that one building in Lumiose. Why does the music stop? Why does she just float in that unmoving pose? What the gently caress was that for :cry:

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Kurieg posted:

Well I just got back from my visit to the move relearner, Tyrantrum doesn't get any of the elemental bites, and Pangoro doesn't get any of the elemental punches.

So unless they learn them at some point above level 50~ish, consider me disappointed.

Tyrantrum gets all four fangs as egg moves. Sadly, Pangoro doesn't get any of the elemental punches in any way but I'm hoping it will at least get Drain Punch as an egg move.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Had the story force me into getting a Lucario, stole it's mega-stone, named it Buttdog, and gave it away on wonder trade. Enjoy Buttdog, random japanese player. Because I sure don't have room for that rear end in a top hat on my team. (Megablastoise for life)

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
Might as well share mine too:

I bet you can't guess who contributed the most!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Frunk posted:

Might as well share mine too:

I bet you can't guess who contributed the most!

Please tell me that's Quacklin and he single-handedly slaughtered the League :allears:.

Waterslide Industry Lobbyist
Jun 18, 2003

ANYONE WANT SOME BARBECUE?

Lipstick Apathy

BAILOUT MCQUACK! posted:

Can you get all 3 gen 1 starters in one run without trading? I would much rather run with them through the game than the new starters because I'm old and stupid.

I put the free Lucario on GTS for a ditto, then bred Torchics and Squirtles (I had already Wonder Traded Braxien at this point). Put a female starter up on GTS and request another starter of any gender, wait an hour or less and it will be there. Trading isn't really anything like you probably think it is from previous games and GTS is available at any time from a touch screen menu. As long as you have a wireless internet connection you can get anything you want traded.

GauchoNaut2085
Oct 23, 2010
I just have a quick question, what EVs should a chlorophyll venusaur have since its speed is doubled on a sun team?

Thanks, I'm not sure what i'll use it for but if i can shut off my brain during the bp earning places then its a big help.
vv

GauchoNaut2085 fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Oct 17, 2013

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

GauchoNaut2085 posted:

I just have a quick question, what EVs should a chlorophyll venusaur have since its speed is doubled on a sun team?

72 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 180 Spe is Smogon's spread, though if it's for general wifi you could probably just go straight 252 Spa/252 speed since they don't have to be tailored to meet specific Gen 5 OU threats.

However, with the weather nerf (all weather is 5 turns now, even with a weather starter), Thick Fat Venusaur may prove more useful anyway. Chlorophyll Venusaur is garbage outside of the sun.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

WrightOfWay posted:

Tyrantrum gets all four fangs as egg moves. Sadly, Pangoro doesn't get any of the elemental punches in any way but I'm hoping it will at least get Drain Punch as an egg move.

Doesn't do much good for my male Tyrantrum that I EV trained to full and grinded to 50 today :v: oh well, just have to reconsider what Pokés I'm taking with me to the league.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Please tell me that's Quacklin and he single-handedly slaughtered the League :allears:.

It is and of course he did!

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
Is there any way to get more than two shiny stones (training/Skiddo Ranch)? Same with Dusk Stones, is there a way to grind for them later on?

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

I tried to take pictures with my cell phone but they came out super lovely, but both shiny Meowstics looks pretty cool. They traded the blue/white motif for a pale yellow/white motif, with the male being predominantly yellow and having blue eyes and the female being predominantly white and having crazy red pupils.

They're both Timid and both Keen Eye, so it's almost like they're twins. Unfortunately for the boy, his best IVs are in Attack and SpDef according to the Kiloude City guy, but the girl got a rating of outstanding and he mentioned her HP, SpDef, and Speed, so I guess all three of those are 31.

TunaSpleen
Jan 27, 2007

How do I say, "You're the grossest thing ever" without offending you?
Grimey Drawer

Waterslide Industry Lobbyist posted:

I put the free Lucario on GTS for a ditto, then bred Torchics and Squirtles (I had already Wonder Traded Braxien at this point). Put a female starter up on GTS and request another starter of any gender, wait an hour or less and it will be there. Trading isn't really anything like you probably think it is from previous games and GTS is available at any time from a touch screen menu. As long as you have a wireless internet connection you can get anything you want traded.

As soon as I found a Ditto, I went "welp, gently caress the main story, I've got the rest of my life to beat the game so I may as well flood the market with starters." So I did. All you unreasonable kiddies out there asking for Bulbasaurs in exchange for your Abra, rejoice! I've been able to put up starters in GTS and request just about anything short of legendary and get it in five minutes. This is way easier than having to go out and catch them the hard way :rolleyes:

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

TunaSpleen posted:

As soon as I found a Ditto, I went "welp, gently caress the main story, I've got the rest of my life to beat the game so I may as well flood the market with starters." So I did. All you unreasonable kiddies out there asking for Bulbasaurs in exchange for your Abra, rejoice! I've been able to put up starters in GTS and request just about anything short of legendary and get it in five minutes. This is way easier than having to go out and catch them the hard way :rolleyes:

I've been doing this too for pains in the rear end that refuse to show up in my game like Seviper.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

No shops I'm able to reach had the game. So I had to order online for my copy of X. Then I bought Y on the eShop anyway. DOWNLOAD FASTER drat IT. :f5:

Also, I think I may need to get a bigger SD card. The stock 2GB only has 400 blocks left after installing Y. Is there any way to back up my save data or do I lose everything when I swap cards?

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

TunaSpleen posted:

I got a Yveltal for my Bulbasaur in about an hour. I had a Froakie on the GTS looking for a Dedenne for over 8 hours with no bites. I am still baffled.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
60 hours in and I haven't even touched Victory Road. I'm experiencing a drought or something as I've not seen rain at all today. This Sliggoo is burning a hole in my pocket, monster of a problem I'd say.

WontGetFooledAgain
Nov 5, 2012

HoneyBoy posted:

60 hours in and I haven't even touched Victory Road. I'm experiencing a drought or something as I've not seen rain at all today. This Sliggoo is burning a hole in my pocket, monster of a problem I'd say.

On Gamefaqs one person said to set your system clock to a Monday sometime before 1 PM. Thats how I got my Goodra.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Bloody Pom posted:

Also, I think I may need to get a bigger SD card. The stock 2GB only has 400 blocks left after installing Y. Is there any way to back up my save data or do I lose everything when I swap cards?

I don't know the exact specifics, but your save data should be good if you just do a simple copypaste of data from one card to another, but trying to reload a game from a backup will erase everything as part of Nintendo's bizarre data management.

Graviija
Apr 26, 2008

Implied, Lisa...or implode?
College Slice
So I just picked up Pokemon Y after not having played or even really read about a Pokemon game since Blue.

:stare: These games sure have become a hell of a lot more involved than they used to be.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

nerdbot posted:

I don't know the exact specifics, but your save data should be good if you just do a simple copypaste of data from one card to another, but trying to reload a game from a backup will erase everything as part of Nintendo's bizarre data management.

By a copypaste, do you mean by copying it onto a PC and then putting it onto another card? The game itself I'm not worried about, 1.7GB is chump change for me. I just don't want to get deep in the game, decide I need a bigger card and then have to start from scratch.

BattleCake
Mar 12, 2012

HoneyBoy posted:

Sounds like a sticky situation.

edit:

Graviija posted:

So I just picked up Pokemon Y after not having played or even really read about a Pokemon game since Blue.

:stare: These games sure have become a hell of a lot more involved than they used to be.

So how do you feel about this one? I gotta say, I'm curious for the perspective of someone who's basically a total new comer to the new generation of games.

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte
Stop giving me panmonkeys in wondertrade you loving assholes!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Bloody Pom posted:

By a copypaste, do you mean by copying it onto a PC and then putting it onto another card?

Yup, that's all you need to do.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

GauchoNaut2085 posted:

Thanks, I'm not sure what i'll use it for but if i can shut off my brain during the bp earning places then its a big help.
vv

Generally the fastest thing you'll ever see are base 110 scarfers, though the most common 110 scarfer in Gen V, Latios, really doesn't want to be using choice items anymore with fairies around so base 108 scarfers (Terrakion, Keldeo, Infernape) might be a better benchmark. How much EVs you need to do that depends on your Venusaur's Speed IV so I can't give you specific advice there. Also if your Venusaur doesn't have a + Speed nature you won't be able to beat 108s anyway so you should just max Speed, which I believe is just enough to beat 105 scarves like Mienshao.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Yup, that's all you need to do.

Ah, okay. I need a way to circumvent the apparent data wiping that occurs when you switch to another console, as save backups are disabled for X/Y and I'm planning on getting a 3DS XL later on.

• Locked thread