Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

BJA posted:

Epics were of course the first thing I thought of, way back in the day when I got my Ranger epics they were actually still upgrades and useful. So far I have completed Warrior 1.0, Ranger 1.0/2.0, Shaman 1.0/2.0, Bard 1.0/2.0 and Necro 1.0/1.5 but I was thinking about making new characters just to redo those few 1.0 (don't really care to do 1.5/2.0 over, or at all for others lol)

I actually 4 box Bard/SHM/Mage/Druid which are like 95/2500aa or so, the druid is 90 with like 700aa since he is newer and was started for more or less that reason. Zerker seems to be the character I have the hardest time with, can hardly bring myself to level one to epic 1.0 level :)
Here are a few other random "things to do" off the top of my head for you:

- Complete the entire portal attunement chain in Katta Castrum. I don't know how fun Katta was back when it launched, but I find it a very cool zone due to its vast size and great music near the center. It's ridiculously huge.
- Efreeti Death Visage quest
- Complete some of the old classic rite of passage quests such as the Sol Ro armor, Burning Rapier, Ghoulbane, Robe of the Lost Circle, Magician focus items (broom, shovel, etc.), and the like. On top of that, you mentioned some other random old quests that could also be fun.
- Aim to complete all your class' quests in Plane of Sky. Get to island 8. Collect Golden Efreeti armor. I looooove Sky. Just bring at least one extra character to eat death touches, preferably two for other tricks. It's an insane zone.
- Grind tradeskills (might not be everyone's cup of tea)
- Dain ring and/or Shawl quests. You can solo the 10th war.
- Collect your class armor in PoF/PoH
- Fully explore some of the great Kunark dungeons such as Sebilis, HS, KC and Chardok. You're bound to run into some nameds at least.
- Make Quillmane spawn
- Progress through PoP. Those zones are cool IMO.

... and much more :)

Also if you haven't done it already, it's neat to just explore every nook and cranny of the old world zones with a fast-running character. Try checking out all parts of the Karana zones for example, visit all the huts and camps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

Become one with the wall.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
If you're looking for old school stuff to do, you can become friendly with the sarnaks in Chardok. There are some quests you can do there.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
- Do Breakdown in Communication and Go Insane
- DoN progression for cool AA rewards
- MPG for resist buffs
- Get the iksar/iksar skeleton illusion from quests in Field of Scale
- See how giant of a train you can make in an empty zone

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch
Do PoP progression, it rules.

I get some strange sordid pleasure out of doing epics, too. About to start working on 2.0 number 8 :shobon:

WetSpink
Jun 13, 2010

Sand Monster posted:

Are these temporary and, if so, how long do they last?

I -think- it's anniversary thing, so maybe til the end of Oct but I am not sure.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

Stanos posted:

- Do Breakdown in Communication and Go Insane

I'm stuck on Inku'ta. I can get past the part where you hail four crazy Nihil with three characters, but next comes the Cursecaller event. You think their death touches are weak because of how old the expansion is? Haha, no. They melee proc for over 50k. You die instantly. You get rooted and snared with huge amounts of counters. It's a loving nightmare to box, I don't know if its impossible.

Paladin, shaman, bard is my group. If you fail the event, you get locked out, so you can't try again for another three days. It's loving awful. The only silver lining is that the six named cursecallers have very low hit points, even for that expansion. But I don't know if I will ever complete BiC because of Inku'ta.

My only guess is to get two rangers, one on each side, and have them disc and shoot the gently caress out of their assigned Cursecallers before the deathtouch train comes rolling by. But what two loving rangers are going to want to go to Inku'ta to do that?

Node fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Oct 17, 2013

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

I actually just did that the other day. Your trio is waaaaay too low dps to finish it. We did it with SK mage mage mage cleric burning hard and still all died except for one mage. There's no real trick to it other than throw the kitchen sink at them and hope they die before your whole group is exploded.

You can tear through a couple of em almost instantly with just the SK tho. Harm/leech/visage/crimson mashing vaporizes two of em, then you go feebly beat on a third one for a few seconds until you fall over dead.

We got it down first try so it only took us 5 minutes, but I'd imagine it'd be hard swindling people into running all the way out there, wiping, then having to sit and wait for everyone's burns to come back up before trying again

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

ponzicar posted:

If you're looking for old school stuff to do, you can become friendly with the sarnaks in Chardok. There are some quests you can do there.

I did this forever ago with a cleric on Sullon Zek, it was a lot of fun.

Especially in PVP when someone would attack you and aggro the whole zone. Made the cleric 1.0 easier too.

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

Shrapnac posted:

I did this forever ago with a cleric on Sullon Zek, it was a lot of fun.

Especially in PVP when someone would attack you and aggro the whole zone. Made the cleric 1.0 easier too.

Do they ever give up a key to the library/prince in one of those quests?

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Figure it's a long shot at this point but anyone got an ancient cloak of flames and/or mistmoore ring they can copy over? I'm slowly but surely copying cotf crafting mats but I highly doubt I can con someone into giving me those items to copy over a bunch of times.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Stanos posted:

Figure it's a long shot at this point but anyone got an ancient cloak of flames and/or mistmoore ring they can copy over? I'm slowly but surely copying cotf crafting mats but I highly doubt I can con someone into giving me those items to copy over a bunch of times.

Shoot me an in game email with character names, I can do a copy or two on a cof. If I can grab a km ring I'll toys that in, too.

BJA
Apr 11, 2006

It has to start somewhere
It has to start sometime
What better place than here
What better time than now

jetz0r posted:

Shoot me an in game email with character names, I can do a copy or two on a cof. If I can grab a km ring I'll toys that in, too.

Is this stuff from the new expansion? I don't think I've seen it, is it all level 95+? If so whats the chances of getting some? :)

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

Node posted:

I'm stuck on Inku'ta. I can get past the part where you hail four crazy Nihil with three characters, but next comes the Cursecaller event. You think their death touches are weak because of how old the expansion is? Haha, no. They melee proc for over 50k. You die instantly. You get rooted and snared with huge amounts of counters. It's a loving nightmare to box, I don't know if its impossible.

Paladin, shaman, bard is my group. If you fail the event, you get locked out, so you can't try again for another three days. It's loving awful. The only silver lining is that the six named cursecallers have very low hit points, even for that expansion. But I don't know if I will ever complete BiC because of Inku'ta.

My only guess is to get two rangers, one on each side, and have them disc and shoot the gently caress out of their assigned Cursecallers before the deathtouch train comes rolling by. But what two loving rangers are going to want to go to Inku'ta to do that?

I remember this event as current content.

gently caress that expansion and everyone dying about 30 times each on that horseshit encounter. :suicide:

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
I remember Uqua from the same expansion. My memory is fuzzy, but for most of that expedition there was a massive stat debuff on everyone, to the point where people would be encumbered by their gear, and I think anyone dying would spawn adds as well. It was a huge pain in the rear end, but beating it was quite satisfying.

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

ponzicar posted:

I remember Uqua from the same expansion. My memory is fuzzy, but for most of that expedition there was a massive stat debuff on everyone, to the point where people would be encumbered by their gear, and I think anyone dying would spawn adds as well. It was a huge pain in the rear end, but beating it was quite satisfying.

Uqua was the best thing ever if you were a masochist. The hallways had multiple traps that spawned between 4-8 mobs. If anyone died a ghost spawned which would usually kill someone else which spawned another ghost and it led to a chain reaction that wiped everyone. Then there were two gas chamber rooms that had 4 keys on a table and gave out emotes. You had to get the right emote and use the right key on the door or it'd wipe everyone. Then there were two raid mobs you had to kill within 30 seconds of each other or it'd double the damage of one. The allakazam page is pretty great to see all the silly stuff the zone had, http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=4479.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

There was also that stat debuff for sure that you could only negate by looting a no-rent drop off of the raid trash. If you died, you lost it and had to loot another one.

The gas chambers didn't tell who was clicking them, so you could wipe your raid on purpose and there was no way to figure out who did it. My guild never made it through one without at least 4 or 5 wipes.

gently caress Uqua

Chum Scandal
Oct 30, 2003

MrTheDevious posted:

There was also that stat debuff for sure that you could only negate by looting a no-rent drop off of the raid trash. If you died, you lost it and had to loot another one.

The gas chambers didn't tell who was clicking them, so you could wipe your raid on purpose and there was no way to figure out who did it. My guild never made it through one without at least 4 or 5 wipes.

gently caress Uqua

My fondest memory of the gas chambers part is illusioning the whole raid into gnomes to cut down on the clutter.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Yeah we'd spend the next hour accusing each other of being Hitler needing a guild boot even though 90% of the guild raced to be the first to gas everyone else.

The best part was you ALWAYS had 2 or 3 people who got royally pissed off by it and raged, which just guaranteed we were gonna get gassed again. It took us a really long time to finally beat Uqua :unsmith:

w1ntermute
Jan 6, 2005
A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous, got me?

MrTheDevious posted:

Do PoP progression, it rules.

I get some strange sordid pleasure out of doing epics, too. About to start working on 2.0 number 8 :shobon:

I'll probably be coming back on regularly with my 80s box team if anybody wants to die to my incompetence while I "help" them.

Epics and progression are fun.

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp

MrTheDevious posted:

gently caress Uqua

I was 75% of mind of this very post until a few months ago while progression was just starting TSS, a couple of box crews went back to Uqua to get our warriors Fleshbiter cause of its absurd hidden agro on the proc. I thought it was going to be a poo poo show but for the first time I actually got to wander around the zone and see what was going on without that crushing fear of dying and loving up a raid, and it's actually not too terrible. There isn't a lot of trash, and what trash there is isn't tremendously hard, although they can punch fairly hard (especially at level).

We ended up going four times, and on the second run we got two Fleshbiters from Barxt. By that time, though, we'd starting getting Arcekors from Sothgar, so interest died.

I wonder how much of a minority I was in for actually loving almost every minute of Gates of Discord back when it was current. I think the only time I got frustrated was in Uqua 1.0, which was completely untunned and trash hit as hard as Tacvi mastruqs, at which point my guild immediately left and waited till they fixed the damage. But Ferubi raid, Vxed and Tipt, Kod'Taz? I loved all of it right up until the moment my guild disintegrated because people gave up caring when we got to stonemites and cursecallers in Inktu'ta. It might have helped that I had access to a raid geared box crew though.

However, to this day I've never done any of the raid fights in Txevu except for Zun. None of the goats, the anueks, the Runt, or High Priest.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
I was bitching about my rogue earlier this week; started maining him a little bit and I still enjoy playing him a lot :unsmith: I can't stay mad at him. Started getting 24K+ dps just running around doing heroics so it's not all that bad. Playing him is like a gambling machine, "Am I going to get 50 backstab procs??", usually it's no, but sometimes the pay off is huge and seeing big numbers if half the reason I even play :v:

The way I play, it takes more time to set-up camp and move my dudes around and pull poo poo than kill anything, so having insane dps is not really going to make it any easier

darkhand fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Oct 21, 2013

Xars
Jul 7, 2013

Hoohah posted:

I was 75% of mind of this very post until a few months ago while progression was just starting TSS, a couple of box crews went back to Uqua to get our warriors Fleshbiter cause of its absurd hidden agro on the proc. I thought it was going to be a poo poo show but for the first time I actually got to wander around the zone and see what was going on without that crushing fear of dying and loving up a raid, and it's actually not too terrible. There isn't a lot of trash, and what trash there is isn't tremendously hard, although they can punch fairly hard (especially at level).

We ended up going four times, and on the second run we got two Fleshbiters from Barxt. By that time, though, we'd starting getting Arcekors from Sothgar, so interest died.

I wonder how much of a minority I was in for actually loving almost every minute of Gates of Discord back when it was current. I think the only time I got frustrated was in Uqua 1.0, which was completely untunned and trash hit as hard as Tacvi mastruqs, at which point my guild immediately left and waited till they fixed the damage. But Ferubi raid, Vxed and Tipt, Kod'Taz? I loved all of it right up until the moment my guild disintegrated because people gave up caring when we got to stonemites and cursecallers in Inktu'ta. It might have helped that I had access to a raid geared box crew though.

However, to this day I've never done any of the raid fights in Txevu except for Zun. None of the goats, the anueks, the Runt, or High Priest.

I was in Citizen for the GoD expansion on the Fippy progression server. Back when GoD was current, it knocked my old guild into EQ2/WoW - and that was just from the raid/group trials. So when I had a chance to replay it, I was all in. For me, GoD was phenomenal! I love the events. Some of the raid zones/mobs are contested; some instanced. As an Enchanter, for Uqua we tagged teamed charm pets; meaning on a break another Enchanter would go for charm while the original enchanter re-tashed. We would use one charm pet on the plow and then just before Barxt we'd grab another. Those 2 charm pets were insane DPS. We had a strong enchie team and it served us well when OoW came out. We handled OMM the same way. 2 enchies on a team for each charm pet.

In Txevu, Zun was another fun fight particularly as an enchie. Another charm pet fight where I'd get banished into the jails over and over. We used the charm break enchie switch tactic here to keep our agro low and try to minimize the banishings, but that wasn't always possible.

The major quest - Breakdown in Communications - is awesome. Fifteen expansions later the Aug is still worth it.

GoD was great gear - a huge upgrade from PoP for level 65. In fact, it's the reason they had to reign in the stats on the 4 lvl 70 expansions and not give as big upgrades.

On our second Tacvi clear, we blew discs so fast and had so much melee DPS, that we were killing real Tunat so fast his adds didn't spawn. Our leet strat was to pump like 20K DPS on him. We were running split Tacvi raids on our third clear. We ran split Tacvi for months; Tunat BPs were literally rotting by the time OoW came out. Even alts were overgeared.

I thought the lore was fantastic. I loved the quest lines. The raids (now) are hard enough to be challenging, but not guild killing and are varied enough that you don't have the cookie cutter effect of PoP where every fight was corner the mob and beat it senseless.

It's probably the best expansion in the game but people hate it so much because at launch it was too hard. Now, as it gets replayed on progression servers, it's utterly fantastic.

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp

Xars posted:

The major quest - Breakdown in Communications - is awesome. Fifteen expansions later the Aug is still worth it.

See I'm of mind that this is actually not a good thing, because unlike 99.98% of other augs, you cannot go back with lesser numbers and get the BiC aug because of one cockblock (Cursecallers). Don't get me wrong, the aug is awesome, the quest line is good (except Riwwi. I just redid that for my box crew and I spent 3 days sitting on Officiator before she spawned twice. I had literally every other key, faction done on all six bots, I just needed that loving key to do the arena fights), and it tells a much more coherent story to the expansion than the raid progression does. Its just unfortunate that in order to finish the aug and get it its last, what, 100 h/m/e, you have to convince a non-trival number of people to do Inktu'ta for a shot at 1-3 bits. Not even Tkarish Zyk and his gimmicks can't be done with extremely low numbers (or soloed at some point I guess?). And this isn't just box crews, you can use those to make Cursecallers less painful, but at the end of the day, you've gotta simply have warm bodies there to deal with the rezzing and the dpsing until you reach the point where you CAN do the aug with a box crew or two, but why would you when better augs are readily available? BiC is good for a long time, but its only the fabled massive increase when you have caster epics and their slot 4s to fill.

quote:

We handled OMM the same way. 2 enchies on a team for each charm pet.
Two of my guildmates and I do OMM weekly. They have an enchanter each, and the weaker of the two players grabs the enchanter pet that is bugged and you have to keep resending, while the other grabs the regular pet and deals with lashers on his SK. They utterly trivalize that fight. My bots are literally there to do melee debuffs on OMM or raid buffs like warcry to make the lieutenants do obscene damage, nothing else. Also draw Lashers away from my healers.

quote:

GoD was great gear - a huge upgrade from PoP for level 65. In fact, it's the reason they had to reign in the stats on the 4 lvl 70 expansions and not give as big upgrades.

Not...exactly. Tacvi originally had the same jump in gear that you'd normally expect (Quarm loot was 200 HME, original Tacvi loot was 250-260 HME with Tunat Loot at like 275-280) but they bumped it up when EVERYONE complained that Tunat was arguably harder than every fight in Anguish other than Overlord Mata Muram and maybe Jelvan. In the process, they also reviewed the loot from other fights, and eventually decided to modify all of it. You can see remnants of the old loot occasionally because they didn't do a thorough enough job, and you'll have a boss drop loot that has a level 70 focus on it on one piece, and a level 65 focus on another piece.

They also extended level 70 for 4 expansions, something they'd never done before (50 for original, 60 for kunark, velious, and luclin, 65 for PoP, LDoN, and GoD) or since (75 for TSS and TBS, 80 for SoF, 85 for SoD, etc) so the items only got really low increases of power. If you look at the Frostcrypt 1, Ashengate West and East loot, their power is at or above Ayonae loot, and Solteris is a MASSIVE jump from TSS, with the first event having HME of Lethar 2 / Beltron loot and only going from there.

Of course, DoN and PoR are hardly proper expansions in the long run, so if you fold them into their respective previous expansions and treat them as extensions instead like SoY was, the item power gain was about what you'd expect.

As a side note, I'm probably opening a can of worms by saying 'proper expansions' but I don't think a expac with two end game raid fights (DoN) or effectively four end game raid fights with 5 additional side grade fights (PoR) should really be thought of as anything other than a minor addon. PoR is especially bad because that entire expansion is still my vote for the worst expansion ever (and includes ANOTHER fight you can't simply go back and trivialize at any time because you have to sit there for hours and do the 30 banes on Ayonae) and has some of the least tested or most frustrating mechanics, ex: Ayonae banes, Daosheen crystals, Porthio's god drat cat that has seven times his health, Sullon's viral DA debuff + rapist adds, Vertigo failing for NO REASON at all other than gently caress you, mini raid fights that show up for 30 minutes every 5-6 +/- 24 hours, trash mobs randomly AE stunning with a knockback as a proc, the list goes on and on.... Its absolutely the most forgettable expansion other than it added auras, which to this day are STILL not what they advertise, even in game currently, and have ended up just being another buff, albeit one that's even harder than normal to manage. Its even worse that they put in items that have auras on them, but you can't have the item aura and your normal aura up at the same time (at least at this level. This changes eventually, right?)

I've heard people complain about UF and VoA as being terrible expansions, so I'm rather nervous about those. Also I heard SoD isn't all that challenging compared to the sheer brutality of going from Solteris to MMM or Crystallos, but has about as much non-raid stuff to do as SoF.

I'm dying for SoF and all the non-raid stuff to do. Solteris might be my favorite raid zone, but SoF is my favorite for sheer content to go through.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
VoA is just kind of...weird. That's the best way I'd put it. It's like GoD where they just decided to hurl more new lore and there's less of a connection to Norrath itself. I didn't play during UF but from what I read it was overtuned and brutal.

Some of the mobs in VoA still can hurt a 100 tank merc, but that's not exactly saying much. It got kind of close when I was camping an aug for my dude in Beast's Domain and forgot to get out of the way of the aoe 4 second stun though. :v:

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Hoohah posted:

I've heard people complain about UF and VoA as being terrible expansions, so I'm rather nervous about those. Also I heard SoD isn't all that challenging compared to the sheer brutality of going from Solteris to MMM or Crystallos, but has about as much non-raid stuff to do as SoF.

VoA's raid progression was REALLY bad. And the group progression required you do zones mostly in a certain order, because they were locked behind a language requirement.

The difficulty of the raids left most guilds stuck with only 1 T3 raid available to farm, plus the 2 T2 and 1 T1. The other two T3 raids were much more difficult than anything else up till that point. Resplendent Temple was emote heavy and each failure would basically reset that phase. While Rubak had some VERY harsh tanking/healing/dps requirements. Rubak and RT killed or brick walled a lot of the 'casual' current raiding guilds. They could progress there easily enough, then would spend months dying to one or both of them.

Then for the 8(?) T4 raids, you have CoB, which is complex, but not too difficult. And Pillars as the two initial raids. Windsong is locked behind CoB. Then the 5 Sep raids are locked behind those.

Pillars is probably the hardest raid with the harshest class requirements, since you can not sub out equivalent classes like you can in almost any other raid. The buffs and debuffs on each of the 4 splits are class specific, not by archetype. Having the raid split 4 ways means each player's contributions matter more for each side. With only 6-18 per a side, you can't really cover for your bad players. And when one side fails, the whole raid fails. This raid killed and/or walled most of the guilds that were able to get past T3.

Then if you were able to get past all that, you had the Sepulcher raids. 1&2 were easy. #3 had the biggest, baddest motherfucker to ever face gently caress your main tank. Oh, plus assbeater adds and AEs that did cool things like blind, prevent heals, sinkhole and knockback. This was regarded as the actual boss of the expansion.

#4 was emotes, emotes, emotes. Oh, and you need 90 alaran to be able to use ATs on those emotes. And their format varies enough that you can't make in game ATs. Have fun getting your whole guild to use gina or gtt.

#5 was the longest and most complex raid. Somewhere around 60-120 minutes to beat it once you knew what was going on. On RoI's initial win, they had to speed loot the chest and petition for loot distro because the DZ was about to timeout. There's more phases, things and emotes going on in this raid than I can possibly remember. I've linked the walk through for this raid a bunch as a sort of 'HOLY gently caress, LOOK A THIS ABSURD RAID' thing quite a few times. It's not brutally hard like some of the other raids, but there's just so many moving parts with so many things that can go wrong that it will drive a raid leader nuts.

Of course, you'll be seeing the easiest versions of all these, v3, v4, or, v5 for some of them.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Have fun even unlocking the Sep raids from group farming a million loving drops

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

Would be nice to have a legit raid leader. Or at least people that will listen to one.

Oh well, coming up on WK; seems like a small gear check and couple more people burning correctly and we'll have it. Also people not DAing kod. Plus it has one of the mechanics I'm not good at, grabbing multiple mobs.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

I swear to God I have them all blocked now. loving Awedrea, that's 4 times now. Then he /ex'd after he did it and wiped us just as we were going to win for once :mad:

It's sad when I've been DA'd mid raid so many times the cleric channel is named DAKod

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
What's the fun in raids without finding ways to troll people? I remember being forced to play a bard in Ssra where it turned into 'who can highsun the mob the most without people noticing'

Chum Scandal
Oct 30, 2003

Stanos posted:

What's the fun in raids without finding ways to troll people? I remember being forced to play a bard in Ssra where it turned into 'who can highsun the mob the most without people noticing'

Outparsing other dps classes and poo poo talking them. Non-dps classes, no idea :confused:

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

rigberry enema posted:

Outparsing other dps classes and poo poo talking them. Non-dps classes, no idea :confused:

Out-DPSing rangers and not talking poo poo to them, because that would be too mean.

BJA
Apr 11, 2006

It has to start somewhere
It has to start sometime
What better place than here
What better time than now
As a ranger in GoD I used to taunt on enrage and shut off autoattack and see how many rogues died.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

jetz0r posted:

Out-DPSing rangers and not talking poo poo to them, because that would be too mean.

During one of the optional raids, I think it was Velishan, Qulas got DA's four times and he yelled over vent "GOD DAMNIT I GOT DA'D AGAIN." All of vent was laughing. It was hilarious and I wish I had enough AA to purchase BDA at that point.

Also you guys outright gave me a Heartguard tonight. It went open, a bunch of people rolled, mine was 167/10000, but people just stuck up for me and say "Lets give it to Edrick, he comes every time." You dudes are awesome. I want to join so bad, you just need to make someone ragequit.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Node posted:

Also you guys outright gave me a Heartguard tonight. It went open, a bunch of people rolled, mine was 167/10000, but people just stuck up for me and say "Lets give it to Edrick, he comes every time." You dudes are awesome. I want to join so bad, you just need to make someone ragequit.

I can't claim any credit for it, but, done.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

jetz0r posted:

I can't claim any credit for it, but, done.

Good job. Without even lifting a finger.

Node fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Oct 29, 2013

Ensain
Mar 30, 2002
I forgot.
Decided to load the game back up and give test a try. I was looking at joining the guild on test but after talking to Beatsboxer I decided to just make a throw away guild for while I level up and look into a real guild later. If anyone around level 75 wants to get together and group feel free to send me a tell my main is Keft.

Ensain fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Oct 29, 2013

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

Well if you have decent gear at level 75, look into The Faceless Order. They are level locked at 75 and do raiding at that level. From the things I've heard, they have awesome people and are legit.

Bonnono
May 2, 2006

TFO does have some good people in it but I wouldn't go as far as to call them legit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

ParaWhat posted:

TFO does have some good people in it but I wouldn't go as far as to call them legit.

I have a character in TFO and they're extremely legit. A lot of them are oldschool raiders, the raids are very well managed, fun people, not sure why they aren't legit :confused:

They're sure as hell a better raid force than the current content one a bunch of us slog through, and even that one is on par with lower tier live guilds. If you want to raid older content, TFO is extremely good.

If you just want to screw around on Test, there's not really a goon guild anymore, so making your own was good advice. There are a couple casual guilds that mostly suck, the raid guild that most all the Test goons are in now after I swindled them (also mostly sucks for different reasons), then just staying in your own. The casual guilds are basically filled with the server idiots, but if you don't mind people being idiots, they might have guild chat or something to entertain you.

MrTheDevious fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Nov 2, 2013