Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stri-Daddy
Feb 15, 2003
If you are playing in a multiplayer game and kill the daily target, does it count for everybody playing in your party?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine
Got dropped into a game where every spin of the slots in moxxies rolled an orange o_O

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

The loot contest website is not very well made. I'm combing through now to see what bounties and challenges are upcoming, but I'm certain today will be Flynt, who will drop the Dog (Challenge is Rakk)

A few more too, no dates but pretty sure about the bosses/bounties.

Donkey Mong, who will drop the Bane
Grendel, who will drop the Little Evie
Mad Mike, who will drop The Madhous
Wilhelm, who will drop the Fremington's Edge
DJ Tanner, who will drop the Tidal Wave
Sinkhole, who will drop the Gub

Kifisonfire fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Oct 14, 2013

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

Kifisonfire posted:

The loot contest website is not very well made. I'm combing through now to see what bounties and challenges are upcoming, but I'm certain today will be
Flynt, who will drop the Dog (Challenge is Rakk)
Got it in one. Challenge is 5000 Badass Rakk

DecentHairJelly
Jul 24, 2007

I don't want Fop goddamnit

ShadowedFlames posted:

Got it in one. Challenge is 5000 Badass Rakk

It was 5000, now changed to 100,000. Also Flynt didn't drop a Dog for me. He instead dropped a Thunderball Fists???

\/\/\/\/ Well, that's cool then. I think I tried killing him too soon. I booted the game up like within a minute of the website counter reaching zero so the game probably hadn't updated yet. Whatever, I'll blow him away again later tonight.

DecentHairJelly fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Oct 14, 2013

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

DecentHairJelly posted:

It was 5000, now changed to 100,000. Also Flynt didn't drop a Dog for me. He instead dropped a Thunderball Fists???

That's his usual legendary drop. You got lucky! :toot:

GammaShade
Oct 10, 2005

CG: Boggle vacantly at these shenanigans.
Today's bounty is Assassin Rouf at the end of Southpaw Steam & Power. He drops the Emperor, which now has a bigger magazine and does more damage. The community's gotta kill 1,000,000 GUN Loaders. This seems like the most doable of all of them so far.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib
In non-Loot Hunt BL2 news....

http://www.2kgames.com/blog/borderlands-2-headhunter-1-tk-baha-s-bloody-harvest-available-on-october-22nd

Might be worth an excursion from farming enemies. Not sure if it'll be worth the $3 (but who am I kidding, I'll likely buy it anyway). Will be interesting to see how this is received in general.

ShadowedFlames fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Oct 16, 2013

Krampus Grewcock
Aug 26, 2010

Gruss vom Krampus!
3 smackaroos sounds appropriate, especially if it comes with spooky customizables.

DecentHairJelly
Jul 24, 2007

This current challenge is panning out to be the easiest yet. Kill Wilhelm, pick up Fremington's Edge, shoot buzzards. Just farm Wilhelm for a corrosive version. Then enter The Dust from Three Horns and take out those first two buzzards that spawn as you round the first corner. They spawn real far away and fly straight at you, giving you plenty of time to line up criticals even with the wobbly super zoom on the Fremington. Then just save/quit and repeat. No other enemies involved and its a guaranteed two kills each time within a minute or two of loading.

Yeah, this thing is like halfway done and its only been two hours.

DecentHairJelly fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Oct 16, 2013

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Killing badass psychos with the longbow. :smithicide:

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
I can't seem to get a Longbow to drop off of Mr Boney Pants Guy. All the other loot drops came off the first kill. Weird.

nudejedi
Mar 5, 2002

Shanghai Tippytap
I got one first kill, unfortunately I'm 61 and it's 62. Grinding pyro Pete's bar I guess.
Edit: got it. Where's a good spot for today's target?

nudejedi fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Oct 17, 2013

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib

nudejedi posted:

I got one first kill, unfortunately I'm 61 and it's 62. Grinding pyro Pete's bar I guess.
Edit: got it. Where's a good spot for today's target?

Frostburn Canyon. Switch to normal mode with your high level weapons, can get four kills in roughly three minutes by following path to Firehawk's Lair. (Two just past spiderants and two at entrance to Firehawk's Lair.)

Not sure if going into the area you help Lilith is worth it though. (Edit: it's not.)

E2:

Speedboat Jones posted:

What? Now my stats page says I didn't kill Knuckledragger, when for the last 4 days it said I did. :argh:

Same here. Think their tracking system is glitching. Gearbox forums has several people saying they've run into the same problem.

ShadowedFlames fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Oct 18, 2013

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
What? Now my stats page says I didn't kill Knuckledragger, when for the last 4 days it said I did. :argh:

DecentHairJelly
Jul 24, 2007

So Midgemong's door won't even open for me. Kinda hard to kill him if he doesn't spawn. The only bounty I didn't complete was killing Knuckledragger, but I should still be able to get the Creamer because all the community goals were met right?

Moxxie Loot Hunt posted:

Because of your hard work these past few days, my luscious, delectable Creamer is now (temporarily) available to all -- keep killing Midgemong until he drops yours!

:doh: Just now realized that I never accepted the quest to kill him in the first place.

DecentHairJelly fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Oct 18, 2013

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib

DecentHairJelly posted:

So Midgemong's door won't even open for me. Kinda hard to kill him if he doesn't spawn. The only bounty I didn't complete was killing Knuckledragger, but I should still be able to get the Creamer because all the community goals were met right?

Yes. Creamer is open to everyone.

Stri-Daddy
Feb 15, 2003
Got my Creamer! :toot:

Also, overpowered to 1 finally.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Stri-Daddy posted:

Got my Creamer! :toot:

Also, overpowered to 1 finally.

I might have you dupe that for me at some point, since killing Midge-Mong 3 times has only given me three Tinderboxes... unless I have to kill him in UVHM or whatever instead of TVHM (since I'm too lazy to do the quests again)

Stri-Daddy
Feb 15, 2003
I can do that. I got it on my second try in UVHM.

Turns out that spiderants and loaders are total assholes on Digistruct Peak.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib
Creamer dropped for me on first try (UVHM). Don't know if I'll have a use for it but at least I have it now.

Stri-Daddy
Feb 15, 2003
I'll probably use it for a while as It fires pretty fast. I've heart that the Norfleet/Sham combo is the way to go, really, but I
don't have either of those.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Killed my way through the Bay at OP 8 to Midge-Mong approximately 10 times tonight, and the best Creamer I got was at OP 6. If this is what 'earning' the community challenge weapon events are going to be like, then fuuuuuuuck that noise.

Stri-Daddy posted:

I'll probably use it for a while as It fires pretty fast. I've heart that the Norfleet/Sham combo is the way to go, really, but I
don't have either of those.
It's pretty much a one shot kill against anything in the immediate vicinity of the blast. That said, it kind of breaks the game and makes things a little dull after a while.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Father Wendigo posted:

Killed my way through the Bay at OP 8 to Midge-Mong approximately 10 times tonight, and the best Creamer I got was at OP 6. If this is what 'earning' the community challenge weapon events are going to be like, then fuuuuuuuck that noise.

It's pretty much a one shot kill against anything in the immediate vicinity of the blast. That said, it kind of breaks the game and makes things a little dull after a while.

Nothing that can't be Gibbed up, really. I ended up getting one after 9 loving tries, and the one I got is OP7.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
After about day four of the loot hunt I just plain lost interest. There's so many people participating that I've got basically nil chance of winning any of the prizes and nothing sucks the fun out of the game like "open the game, kill a thing, quit the game, go back to watching cat videos on YouTube".

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
The new end of week prize is the loving Fastball, one of the shittiest legendary grenades. Graah, they're so stupid, first the easily obtainable Creamer, now this. At least the Gub is good, if you get the Dubble Gub.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Finally finished BL2 today! :toot:

...and then the game glitched out somehow, keeping me from seeing the ending, dumping me outside the Slaughterdome and refusing to let me leave until I reset the game. Which was a little odd. It did unlock NG+, so I'm not too disappointed, but still, kinda weird.

Is anyone else working through the DLC on 360? I've tried joining a few games, but everyone seems to be stuck on Tiny Tina right now. DT needs his levels and class mods before we tackle NG+, damnit!

feraltennisprodigy
May 29, 2008

'sup :buddy:
Man, this game can be pretty hard when you're playing solo. Right now I'm trying to play through the Torgue DLC at level 36-37 in PT2 and my equipment is just not good enough. I die super fast to the robot enemies and I don't deal enough damage to beat the mission where you have to take out Flyboy's helicopters and steal his stuff within 5 minutes. Is there an easy way to get some dece equipment quickly? I haven't been to Sanctuary yet in this playthrough.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Greenplastic posted:

The new end of week prize is the loving Fastball, one of the shittiest legendary grenades. Graah, they're so stupid, first the easily obtainable Creamer, now this. At least the Gub is good, if you get the Dubble Gub.
I kind of understand the Creamer, since it's only available for people who bought Creature Slaughter. The fact that it got no buff though is kind of amazing to me. Give it an extra rocket, more healing, a bigger mag. Something to make 7 days worth of work feel justified.

But the Fastball? Are they serious? They want people to kill about a million different enemies for a loving Fastball? Put some Pearl guns in there or something, or some of the higher valued legendaries like the Norfleet or CC. Give the average player a chance to get some of those top-tier weapons instead of the worst legendary grenade in the game.

Last week was weird with the guns they gave away in the first place. We got a Gub immediately after a Hornet. Both corrosive pistols, why? Not to mention the buffs they're giving guns flat out don't make sense. Bandit guns need anything BUT a bigger mag size. Give them accuracy or something.

I don't know if I'm going to get the Headhunter pack. It seems like Gearbox have no idea what they're doing with this game anymore.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Their strategy seems to basically be "Buff everything! loving buff everything!!!" in regards to how to balance Borderlands 2.

Edit: Except the Bee of course. Can't keep that one as strong as it was no sir.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

feraltennisprodigy posted:

Man, this game can be pretty hard when you're playing solo. Right now I'm trying to play through the Torgue DLC at level 36-37 in PT2 and my equipment is just not good enough. I die super fast to the robot enemies and I don't deal enough damage to beat the mission where you have to take out Flyboy's helicopters and steal his stuff within 5 minutes. Is there an easy way to get some dece equipment quickly? I haven't been to Sanctuary yet in this playthrough.

This is one thing that always bugged me. It's basically balanced around someone having top-end purple/orange gear, which, if you're not duping, takes a really long time and is not feasable for your average player. Just playing solo and getting downed in 1 shot isn't fun.

feraltennisprodigy
May 29, 2008

'sup :buddy:

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

This is one thing that always bugged me. It's basically balanced around someone having top-end purple/orange gear, which, if you're not duping, takes a really long time and is not feasable for your average player. Just playing solo and getting downed in 1 shot isn't fun.

Yeah, it can be pretty drat annoying at times. I ended up joining some random open lobby to get a few levels quickly and then used Shift codes to get some passable weaponry. Managed to beat the rest of the Torgue DLC without a lot of trouble after clearing that one big hurdle. Started on Sir Hammerlock now though, those Witch Doctors are insane. My rocket launcher (72 000 damage + explosive) is the only weapon I have that works against them, but every single one is a tough fight.

Krampus Grewcock
Aug 26, 2010

Gruss vom Krampus!

feraltennisprodigy posted:

Yeah, it can be pretty drat annoying at times. I ended up joining some random open lobby to get a few levels quickly and then used Shift codes to get some passable weaponry. Managed to beat the rest of the Torgue DLC without a lot of trouble after clearing that one big hurdle. Started on Sir Hammerlock now though, those Witch Doctors are insane. My rocket launcher (72 000 damage + explosive) is the only weapon I have that works against them, but every single one is a tough fight.

Witch Doctors are a massive pain the rear end even with the best gear. Thankfully, what the Norfleet can't wreck, the bee+sandhawk can. At least, I hope that's the case, I haven't hit Hammerlock since hitting OP8.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

KidKrampus posted:

Witch Doctors are a massive pain the rear end even with the best gear. Thankfully, what the Norfleet can't wreck, the bee+sandhawk can. At least, I hope that's the case, I haven't hit Hammerlock since hitting OP8.

The godfinger is my new go to weapon with savages/witch doctors. It's Bore effect goes straight through their shields/masks.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

CJacobs posted:

Their strategy seems to basically be "Buff everything! loving buff everything!!!" in regards to how to balance Borderlands 2.

Edit: Except the Bee of course. Can't keep that one as strong as it was no sir.

The Bee is still ridiculously overpowered even after the nerf.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Elephant Ambush posted:

The Bee is still ridiculously overpowered even after the nerf.

I always wondered how unbalanced the game would be if you could have an unpatched bee and the unpatched Evil Smasher glitch

Krampus Grewcock
Aug 26, 2010

Gruss vom Krampus!

Dr.Smasher posted:

I always wondered how unbalanced the game would be if you could have an unpatched bee and the unpatched Evil Smasher glitch

Well, I don't know if the bee amp damage was stacked during the evil smasher glitch, but it would be incredible regardless. You'd easily hit max damage with every bullet of many top tier guns. Right now I can hit max damage on the target dude with the bee/sandhawk using the merging glitch with the redundant fibber and/or grog nozzle. Before the ES glitch was taken out, I took a level 38 Mechro to Terramorphous and made short work of him, so at OP8 scaling you'd definitely be able to take out Hyperious or any other raid boss near instantaneously.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Dr.Smasher posted:

Those 2 things and the Infinity Pistol would be the only weapons anyone would ever use. The rest of your gear would be almost irrelevant.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
As far as I can recall there was no cap on the damage boost you could get out of the ES glitch, only the time you cared to put in standing in one place grinding buffs. It was pretty easy to get to the point that you could one-hit any non-boss enemy in the game; once I used a glitched electric Yellowjacket to kill Voracidus in a matter of seconds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
Today's target: DJ Tanner
Community goal: Kill 20,000 Sand Worm Queens with the Tidal Wave.

• Locked thread