Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

RMZXAnarchy posted:

And still no Ape Escape or Pac-Man World or Megaman anything.

The first five Megaman games are on Japanese PSN actually, and I'm pretty sure a handful of them are available in the US Store as untranslated imports. Rockman 1-5, released over the course of two years from September '09 to August '11. Which isn't a blazing-fast release schedule, but I'd be way more likely to buy it if Sony cited a "crowded release schedule" than Nintendo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

uPen posted:

I hate to bring up Sony again but the Vita's old-game-library is loving enormous and most of the titles (all of the titles?) that you buy on PSP, Vita or PS3/PS4 are playable on all 3(4) systems. Compare that to nintendo where you can't even transfer your purchases from one 3ds to a new one without physical access to the original 3ds.

Man, I love the Vita's old game library but this isn't really true. It isn't remotely most. No PS2 Classics play on the Vita, a bunch of PSP games don't, and as it stands none of those games are supported by the PS4. I don't even think we have official confirmation PS1 games play on the PS4 although I assume the do because it would be stupid otherwise.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
I hadn't even considered the ps2 games, since that would be comparing it to gamecube games on the 3DS and those aren't even available on wiiu.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Sarchasm posted:

The first five Megaman games are on Japanese PSN actually, and I'm pretty sure a handful of them are available in the US Store as untranslated imports. Rockman 1-5, released over the course of two years from September '09 to August '11. Which isn't a blazing-fast release schedule, but I'd be way more likely to buy it if Sony cited a "crowded release schedule" than Nintendo.

I honestly forgot about the Complete Works games. The US got 1-4 but 5 went MIA, and 6 is the same way for both regions.

I grabbed 4 and 5 off of the JP PSN and the other three on the US PSN but other than that (and the fact that a lot of the added features in those releases are either unavailable or not easily usable without a translation guide or something.)

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
Wait, you need two 3DSes to transfer purchases? So I can't sell my 3DS first to buy a XL?

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB
No both systems need to be present to do the transfer.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of October 17):

quote:

WII U RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Sonic Lost World (October 18) - €49.99 / £39.99
    Hot Wheels World's Best Driver - €39.99 / £29.99
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Clu Clu Land (NES, US ver.) - €4.99 / £3.49
    Urban Champion (NES, US ver.) - €4.99 / £3.49
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Little Inferno (Wii U eShop) - €4.99 / £4.49 until November 10

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Sonic Lost World (October 18) - €39.99 / £34.99
    Hot Wheels World's Best Drive - €24.99 / £19.99
    Planet Crashers 3D - €4.99 / £4.49 (permanent price reduction)
3DS VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    City Connection (NES) - €3.99 / £3.59
DSiWare
    Cute Witch! runner - 200 Points / €1.99 / £1.79
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    SteamWorld Dig (3DS eShop) - €7.19 / £6.39 until October 20
    Aqua Moto Racing 3D (3DS eShop) - €5.99 / £5.39 until October 31
    3D Game Collection (3DS) - €2.00 / £2.00 until October 25
    3D Mahjongg (3DS eShop) - €2.00 / £2.00 until October 25
    Gardenscapes (3DS) - €2.00 / £2.00 until October 25
    Murder On The Titanic (3DS) - €2.00 / £2.00 until October 25
    Tangram Style (3DS eShop) - €2.99 / £2.69 until October 31
    Dress To Play: Magic Bubbles (3DS eShop) - €1.99 / £1.79 until November 10

NA update (week of October 17):

quote:

WII U RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut (October 22) - $?
    Just Dance Kids 2014 (October 22) - $?
WII U eSHOP
    Mighty Switch Force! 2 - $5.99
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Clu Clu Land (NES) - $4.99
    Urban Champion (NES) - $4.99
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    ?

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Hometown Story (October 22) - $29.99
    Jewel Master: Cradle Of Rome 2 - $?
3DS eSHOP
    Hulu Plus - free to download, requires $7.99/month subscription
    Snow Moto Racing 3D - $5.99
    My Little Baby 3D - $?
    My Vet Practice 3D - In the Country - $?
    101 Penguin Pets 3D - $4.99
3DS VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Pinball: Revenge of the Gator - $2.99
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    SteamWorld Dig (3DS) - $7.19 until October 2-
CLUB NINTENDO DIGITAL REWARDS
    Super Mario Kart (Wii VC) - 150 Coins, available until November 3
    The Legend of Zelda (3DS VC) - 150 Coins, available until November 3
    Thruspace (WiiWare) - 150 Coins, available until November 3
    Touch Solitaire (DSiWare) - 100 Coins, available until November 3

(NOA seems to have stopped listing prices on any of the links contained on their press releases, hence all the question marks. Someone check the store for all the non-shovelware prices, eh?)

Hometown Story is by the creator of Harvest Moon and is kinda in the same vein but with shopkeeping instead of farming, and loads of platonic relationships to work towards instead of one big marriage or whatever. It's actually hitting NA a while before the JP release, so don't expect to see many impressions/reviews beforehand.

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Oct 17, 2013

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I guess I'll pick up Steamworld Dig while it's on sale. You win, Nintendo. Take my money!

EDIT: It's not showing up as on sale in the NA eShop... Oh wait it updates at noon, doesn't it?

Blackbelt Bobman fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Oct 17, 2013

thelaughingman
Mar 14, 2005
oooh I like madness!

I just don't understand why Senran Kagura Burst would get a US release. These types of games never make it outside of Japan. It just looks so pointless and stupid.

thelaughingman fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Oct 17, 2013

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
Needing both systems to be present for a transfer of accounts is loving stupid. Have Nintendo not heard of trade-ins?

Actually, this makes a lot of sense - the 3DS XL doesn't even come with a charger; they assume you already own the original. I guess they really do expect people who want the XL to buy and keep both for no reason.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Needing both systems to be present for a transfer of accounts is loving stupid. Have Nintendo not heard of trade-ins?

Actually, this makes a lot of sense - the 3DS XL doesn't even come with a charger; they assume you already own the original. I guess they really do expect people who want the XL to buy and keep both for no reason.

Check with whomever you are buying it from if you can do the transfer in store, if they have wifi, or if you can buy the system and do the trade-in afterwards. Gamestop will let you do this, but I guess you aren't in the US if you don't get a charger.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
"Pinball: Revenge of the Gator"? Was... was there some great demand for this that I'm not aware of?

Psyker
Jun 21, 2004

[Binge and] Purge the xenos!

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

As an aside, game companies tend to operate with complete and utter disdain for the trade-in market and will have features specifically to limit it.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Psyker posted:

As an aside, game companies tend to operate with complete and utter disdain for the trade-in market and will have features specifically to limit it.

All publishing companies do this, the increased expectation of internet connectivity for gaming is just giving them a way to apply those desires now (they formerly tried to prevent used sales in the court system, giving birth to the now-dying first sale doctrine).

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Pope Guilty posted:

"Pinball: Revenge of the Gator"? Was... was there some great demand for this that I'm not aware of?

Nostalgia?

The T
May 29, 2010

A sufficiently chaotic system is maximally fair.

Pope Guilty posted:

It was a neat Pinball game made by HAL, and sort of a precursor to Kirby's Pinball Land.

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

They haven't heard of the internet. Nintendo's internet readiness has unfortunately improved little since 1889.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Psyker posted:

I know that, but you'd think when buying brand new hardware they'd want to make it as easy as possible for you to spend money seamlessly and that means not requiring you to keep the old hardware. Besides, I doubt they're selling many 3DS standards these days anyway so second hand market competition is a non issue.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
The XL comes with a charger, just not the base that you can rest it on like the regular size one. Nintendo sells the charging bases for the XL, I bought one off of their website earlier this year when I picked up a system.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

The XL comes with a charger, just not the base that you can rest it on like the regular size one. Nintendo sells the charging bases for the XL, I bought one off of their website earlier this year when I picked up a system.

In the USA yes, in Europe and Japan it doesn't come with a charging cable or dock.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
That is stupid.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

That is stupid.

Yes it is. Led to my partner buying a 3DS and then not being able to play it for another few days.

Sulphuric Sundae
Feb 10, 2006

You can't go in there.
Your father is dead.
I got a soft spot for Revenge of the Gator, as it's probably the first pinball video game I played. It's pretty fun and cute.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Sulphuric Sundae posted:

I got a soft spot for Revenge of the Gator, as it's probably the first pinball video game I played. It's pretty fun and cute.

It also has the best title screen.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

holy poo poo, that is awesome

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Okay, I'm buying this.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

The T posted:

It was a neat Pinball game made by HAL, and sort of a precursor to Kirby's Pinball Land.

I love Kirby's Pinball Land so much that I pretty much have to get this.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

MassRafTer posted:

I love Kirby's Pinball Land so much that I pretty much have to get this.

I keep waiting for Rollerball, their NES pinball game, to show up on one of these drat Virtual Consoles.

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

A vision. A picture in my head. A picture of this.
I bought both Murder on the Titanic and Magic Bubbles since they were dirt cheap, and I have to say, that bubble game was totally worth the 20SEK I paid for it. It's essentially just a pastel upside-down version of Doctor Mario. Not a bad little time-waster at all.

Murder on the Titanic is even worse than I expected though. I managed to get stuck on the first find-all-the-poo poo-in-this-room puzzle, and unlike other find-all-the-poo poo-in-this-room games I've played (I have a shameful addiction to them) clicking around at random didn't help. I will have to find a LP of it, and that's just wrong.

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

(NOA seems to have stopped listing prices on any of the links contained on their press releases, hence all the question marks. Someone check the store for all the non-shovelware prices, eh?)

Assuming they list the same prices in the online store as in retail store:
Just Dance Kids 2014 $29.99
Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut $49.99 (yet 360 and PS3 versions of Director's Cut are $30 each :confused:)

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS
Yechezkel posting in the eShop thread... worlds colliding... brain exploding...

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Here's some news for JP 3DS owners: Intergrow is publishing SteamWorld Dig on the JP eShop sometime this month, and they've just announced they'll be localising a bunch of WayForward stuff, too.

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe

AngryCaterpillar posted:

Yechezkel posting in the eShop thread... worlds colliding... brain exploding...
Relax. I can't contribute much because I don't own anything Nintendo except for Wii and I keep forgetting that I own one. :(

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of October 17):

quote:

WII U RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Deus Ex Human Revolution Director's Cut - €39.99 / £29.99
    Just Dance Kids 2014 - €39.99 / £29.99
WII U eSHOP
    Mighty Switch Force! 2 - €5.00 / £5.00
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Donkey Kong 3 (NES, US ver.) - €4.99 / £3.49
    Baseball (NES, US ver.) - €4.99 / £3.49
    Pinball (NES, US ver.) - €4.99 / £3.49
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Little Inferno (Wii U eShop) - €4.99 / £4.49 until November 10

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Hakuoki: Memories of the Shinsengumi - €24.99 / £29.99
    Gabrielle's Ghostly Groove 3D - €13.99 / £12.59
    Beyblade Evolution (October 18) - €29.99 / £29.99
    Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs 2 - €24.99 / £19.99
    Animal Hospital - €24.99 / £19.99
    Reel Fishing Paradise 3D - €13.99 / £12.59
3DS eSHOP
    Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies - €24.99 / £19.99
    Crazy Chicken: Director's Cut 3D - €1.99 / £1.79
    Snow Moto Racing 3D - €7.99 / £7.19
    Gummy Bears - Mini Golf - €3.99 / £3.30
    Gummy Bears Magical Medallion - €3.99 / £3.30
    Bowling Bonanza - €3.99 / £3.30
    Treasures of the World (video) - €1.99 / £1.79
3DS VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Wario's Woods (NES) - €3.99 / £3.59
DSiWARE
    Crazy Chicken: Director's Cut - 200 Points / €1.99 / £1.79
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    MYST (3DS) - €9.99 / £8.99 from October 24-31
    Urban Trial Freestyle (3DS eShop) - €4.89 / £4.29 from October 24-31
    Snow Moto Racing 3D (3DS eShop) - €5.99 / £5.39 from October 24-November 14
    Bonanza Bowling (3DS eShop) - €2.99 / £2.50 from October 24-November 14
    Gummi Bears - Mini Golf (3DS eShop) - €2.99 / £2.50 from October 24-November 14
    Gummi Bears Magic Medallion (3DS eShop) - €2.99 / £2.50 from October 24-November 14
    Aqua Moto Racing 3D (3DS eShop) - €5.99 / £5.39 until October 31
    3D Game Collection (3DS) - €2.00 / £2.00 until October 25
    3D Mahjongg (3DS eShop) - €2.00 / £2.00 until October 25
    Gardenscapes (3DS) - €2.00 / £2.00 until October 25
    Murder On The Titanic (3DS) - €2.00 / £2.00 until October 25
    Tangram Style (3DS eShop) - €2.99 / £2.69 until October 31
    Dress To Play: Magic Bubbles (3DS eShop) - €1.99 / £1.79 until November 10

Lots of stuff for 3DS this week, and almost all of it blows chunks! PSA #57834957: don't buy Myst.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Lots of stuff for 3DS this week, and almost all of it blows chunks! PSA #57834957: don't buy Myst.
Yeah but AA5 more than makes up for all the other shite they've released.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

I seriously cannot believe that they ported Myst to the 3DS over RealMyst. :mad:

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!
But what about the pipes? Won't anyone think of the poor pipes being overloaded with all of this virtual content?

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
Did I miss the sale on Steamworld Dig?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Did I miss the sale on Steamworld Dig?

Yes, you did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
It was only 20% off of a $9 game, just buy it if you want it.