Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Platystemon posted:

Invites from crew members just say “Invite to MISSION” on the list on your phone instead of giving the details. You can also disallow invites from pubbies in the options menu.
Does this work for all crews or just the active crew?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noob
Jun 18, 2004
Just came across an interesting bug in Base Invaders, for some reason on two seperate runs Ron's plane wouldn't accept more than three people. One person, both times, had to drive to the base solo. Has this happened to anyone else?

Then when doing a mission to steal a lost van my console locked up, leaving my poor goon buddy (JStoked) to probably wonder why, just after I got the van out of the compound I abandoned both him and the game. Apologies.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Noob posted:

Just came across an interesting bug in Base Invaders, for some reason on two seperate runs Ron's plane wouldn't accept more than three people. One person, both times, had to drive to the base solo. Has this happened to anyone else?

Then when doing a mission to steal a lost van my console locked up, leaving my poor goon buddy (JStoked) to probably wonder why, just after I got the van out of the compound I abandoned both him and the game. Apologies.

When that happens switch up the order that you're entering. If it doesn't like the last person getting in, have them enter 2nd and get into the front seat.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

beanieson posted:

When that happens switch up the order that you're entering. If it doesn't like the last person getting in, have them enter 2nd and get into the front seat.

Double tap Y instead of single Y if you're 3rd/4th slot, and you'll all fit in. It's not intuitive at all, yeah.

Sefiros
Mar 16, 2006

go radish go
Does anyone else ever have any problems getting on any more? If I ever try to play online after around 10pm I can't get on for the life of me. It either can't find sessions or fails to host sessions. I'm not sure what the problem is as it works fine during the day and I doubt it's overloaded servers considering everyone else seems to be playing the game fine.

It sucks y'all.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
This criminal records race is insane, just went up from 38 to 46 level in about 40 minutes with NattyBo.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

El Hefe posted:

This criminal records race is insane, just went up from 38 to 46 level in about 40 minutes with NattyBo.

Anyone want to do this with me on xbox :allears:

Also, I keep getting the message "You have been kicked from this job" after joining a public mission. I think it's because my character is a sexy lady with a red mini skirt so they think I am a FEMALE and thus have no ability at video games. I'm always the same level as everyone else in the session.

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

El Hefe posted:

This is what I was using last night with Digitist, so easy to do the one-lap races there.

BTW I need to get some wins, so if anyone's up for trading victories on this race, let me know (PS3, nasboat), I should be on shortly

Woodburger
Dec 5, 2004

...Like a thousand other commanders on a thousand other battlefields, I wait for the dawn.

MacheteZombie posted:

This is such a lame excuse to abuse exploits. "I hosed off a bunch and wasted my money and don't wanna do it again."

I get people doing it because the game ate your modded car or something, but doing it to avoid your medical costs and stuff is lame.

I haven't done any grinding at all and I'm level 43. If the cash cards were available I would buy one but they aren't. It sucks knowing that if I want to run around killing the pubbies who kill me, I am going to lose a huge chunk of money in a very short amount of time. I like doing missions and races but I also like dicking around with everyone else. I'm no going to do the exploit to get hundreds of millions, just enough to buy a nice car or plane and an apartment. Plus, everything is still locked behind level requirements so it's not like a level 1 character is going to run around with an RPG because they have more money.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Dear sporkfish22,

Don't blow up your crews poo poo, you stupid oval office.

Thanks.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

OLIVIAS WILDE RIDER posted:

Dear sporkfish22,

Thanks.
Dear SPORKFISH22

Keep fighting the good fight. :fsmug:

Thanks.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Lest just texted me Titan of a Job. Hit me up on xbox kormak1 if you want to play it.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
Full motorcycle races with traffic and catchup is a complete crapshoot. And as I type this I just won one. :psyduck: Pretty fun though.

Cute as heck
Nov 6, 2011

:h:Cutie Pie Swag~:h:

Dogo posted:

My Grandfather was a rep for the Moto Guzzi National Owners Club for 12 years in Washington State. I feel its my duty to be a part of this. Sent an invite request to the group.

Made you a Lieutenant because of how rad that is.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
Oh god about to use my custom Sandking XL in a race. Anyone on a cycle is dead.

e: So slow. Worst idea ever.

PaganGoatPants fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Oct 17, 2013

Officejet Pro
Oct 21, 2009

Commander in Chimp

El Hefe posted:

I must be doing something wrong, I watched a few videos on youtube that explains how to do the glitch but once I tried to do it with a friend we only got regular RP for the race. Am I missing something or did they fix this ? We made sure to improve our time every lap.

EDIT: Hmmm it seems changing the vehicle class made it work.

Officejet Pro fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Oct 17, 2013

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

JoeyJoJoJr Shabadoo posted:

Also, I keep getting the message "You have been kicked from this job" after joining a public mission. I think it's because my character is a sexy lady with a red mini skirt so they think I am a FEMALE and thus have no ability at video games. I'm always the same level as everyone else in the session.

"You have been kicked" is the default disconnect message, 99% of the time you didn't actually get kicked

GangsterIsland
Jul 7, 2011

It's

GIBBS

Ho

coyo7e posted:

Dear SPORKFISH22

Keep fighting the good fight. :fsmug:

Thanks.

Roger that.

Dick Jones
Jun 20, 2002

Number 2 Guy at OCP

Feenix posted:

I am not one of those guys who needs to be sexually attracted to females in a video game to enjoy them, but my god, it has to be said, Why are boobs so loving low in this game? Every female GTAO character looks near-elderly (even if they are not) due to the fact that they have this GIANT flat chest/sternum and then boobs down below.

It's weird.

Female player models are all 6 feet tall too. I tried making a petite woman and even with the sports hours down to zero she has WNBA dimensions. Are all bodies sized equally to prevent players from getting Oddjob benefits during gunfights? Has anyone successfully made a teeny man or woman?

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
There's too much dying at the same time you kill your opponent in deathmatch and too many hacked/glitched world record times. What was Max Payne like in netcode?

Dick Jones posted:

Female player models are all 6 feet tall too. I tried making a petite woman and even with the sports hours down to zero she has WNBA dimensions. Are all bodies sized equally to prevent players from getting Oddjob benefits during gunfights? Has anyone successfully made a teeny man or woman?

To make the game work on these old consoles. Saves headaches, memory, computational, rendering performance.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Sorry whoever goon I was riding with in their chromed Police SUV. Game froze before it even started to get good :(

Flux Wildly
Dec 20, 2004

Welkum tü Zanydu!

Noob posted:

No worries - I did wonder what happened, but managed to pick up the van and deliver it on your behalf!

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Officejet Pro posted:

I must be doing something wrong, I watched a few videos on youtube that explains how to do the glitch but once I tried to do it with a friend we only got regular RP for the race. Am I missing something or did they fix this ? We made sure to improve our time every lap.

EDIT: Hmmm it seems changing the vehicle class made it work.

Choose the super class, 3 laps, no catch up, traffic on, and just keep trading places with each other through the whole race, that's what gives you the RP, trading places the lap time doesn't matter.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

El Hefe posted:

Choose the super class, 3 laps, no catch up, traffic on, and just keep trading places with each other through the whole race, that's what gives you the RP, trading places the lap time doesn't matter.

Set split times to personal, too. I'm back on now if you want to do another round lol. Also, I have no idea why or how since I have barely free roamed lately, but I have a 7k bounty on me.

NattyBo fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Oct 18, 2013

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I guess matchmaking is still broken. Got invited to Base Invaders by a member of Awful Company and then when the mission started I was put into a solo session. Didn't feel like doing it without explosives since I'm only level 10, so when I hopped back into free roam I lost the body armor I paid for. :v:

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

nasboat posted:

This is what I was using last night with Digitist, so easy to do the one-lap races there.

BTW I need to get some wins, so if anyone's up for trading victories on this race, let me know (PS3, nasboat), I should be on shortly

Yo I'll be on in an hour or so.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Welp, I had 20 hours left on my Bad Sport timer this morning. I just logged on and it says 1 day, 22 hours.

gently caress you, Rockstar.

AxeBreaker
Jan 1, 2005
Who fucking cares?

OLIVIAS WILDE RIDER posted:

Dear sporkfish22,

Thanks.

GangsterIsland posted:

I need 11 more race wins to unlock all the performance upgrades for my Sandking :3: Anyone wanna trade some races on PS3?

PSN: sporkfish22

EFB;

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!

Akion posted:

Welp, I had 20 hours left on my Bad Sport timer this morning. I just logged on and it says 1 day, 22 hours.

Did you leave work early or blow up anyone's car on the way home?

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

EvilTobaccoExec posted:

Did you leave work early or blow up anyone's car on the way home?

Nope. Been playing Closed sessions mostly.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Akion posted:

Mine did that for a bit too, then I realized everybody gets 48 hours and for some reason it wasn't showing the second day for a bit. Then it fixed itself.

Also if you left jobs you get bad sport, that may add more as well.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Hopefully I'll be logged in at around 9PM Pacific to trade some races and invade some bases. Let me know if you're interested.

PSN: kinjirotadokoro

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

ETIT: Nevermind, I had to leave.

BitBasher fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Oct 18, 2013

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

hiddenriverninja posted:

PSN: kinjirotadokoro

You need to accept your Coldforge/digitalprophet/cool kids club invitations more often, I always see your name in our invite list and you never play with us!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Noob posted:

honestly I always drive to the base anyway.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Akion posted:

Welp, I had 20 hours left on my Bad Sport timer this morning. I just logged on and it says 1 day, 22 ho

Same thing just happened to me. Doing stuff in a private free roam with 4 hours left, 5 min later it popped up again and said 1 day 4 hours

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

JoeyJoJoJr Shabadoo posted:

This is weird I've never been kicked once from a session. I keep hearing pubbie this pubbie that and I certainly see my share of griefers, but no kicking

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

nasboat posted:

I'll look you up

PSN: HomerComin

Intrepid00
Nov 10, 2003

I'm tired of the PM’s asking if I actually poisoned kittens, instead look at these boobies.
If someone wants to trade wins in racing hit up CagedIntrepid00 on Xbox.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Slim Killington posted:

You need to accept your Coldforge/digitalprophet/cool kids club invitations more often, I always see your name in our invite list and you never play with us!

I know! My daily commute totally sucks and I usually don't get home until 10pm because of overtime. I'll be good today though and speed on the real freeway so I can speed on the fake freeway :getin:

edit: I do have a bluetooth headset, but when I turn the sensitivity to like 3, my character looks like she's sucking a boob, and it's super annoying.

fake edit: I discovered earlier this morning that strippers don't want to see your ghetto-rear end 6-car garage apartment.

hiddenriverninja fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Oct 18, 2013

• Locked thread