Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

honky dong
Sep 2, 2011

Kilometers Davis posted:

Anyone interested in the American Deluxe Stratocaster in tungsten that I bought new earlier this year? There are a few tiny nicks on the butt and the case has a broken foot (pay attention before you walk away from a music store kids!). I'll post some pictures soon, I just want to check for interest. Trades are best. Guitar for guitar unless you've got something awesome for me like a stack of oranges.

What kind of guitars are you interested in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Borderview posted:

What kind of guitars are you interested in?

I'm open to any offers, I want something different that really catches my interest. A Les Paul would be lovely.

So, electric ones? Hah.

skudmunky
Apr 28, 2010
I've got some pedals that I would like to have magically transform into either different pedals or cash. Got some tentative prices up that include shipping, definitely interested in offers or trades for interesting pedals - looking for reverb, delay, and fuzz specifically. Also willing to trade multiple pedals for one of equivalent value.

Digitech XP-100 Whammy Wah - $120 - comes with a power supply that is NOT the original power supply, but works just fine.

EHX Nano Clone - $30
]

MXR Super Comp - $45

Akai Analog Custom Shop Tri-mode Distortion, Tri-mode Fuzz - $50 each (Distortion pictured, have both with boxes, lightly used)

you can shoot me an email at [mySAusername] at gmail.com

honky dong
Sep 2, 2011

Kilometers Davis posted:

I'm open to any offers, I want something different that really catches my interest. A Les Paul would be lovely.

So, electric ones? Hah.

I'll throw out this offer: The three guitars I listed in this post plus $100 for your Am Deluxe -- assuming about $30/guitar to ship. So, that'd be valuing your guitar at around $1000 - 1100. So, a good deal if you want to experiment with a few different nice import guitars; a bad deal if you're looking for another high end ax.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Borderview posted:

I'll throw out this offer: The three guitars I listed in this post plus $100 for your Am Deluxe -- assuming about $30/guitar to ship. So, that'd be valuing your guitar at around $1000 - 1100. So, a good deal if you want to experiment with a few different nice import guitars; a bad deal if you're looking for another high end ax.

That DeArmond is really nice but I'd really prefer to go 1 for 1. I've got guitars everywhere and if I added 2 more my girlfriend would probably bobbitt me in my sleep. Good luck with your sales though, those are excellent for the price :)

honky dong
Sep 2, 2011

Kilometers Davis posted:

That DeArmond is really nice but I'd really prefer to go 1 for 1. I've got guitars everywhere and if I added 2 more my girlfriend would probably bobbitt me in my sleep. Good luck with your sales though, those are excellent for the price :)

Thanks. Yeah, I hear ya. . . I've somehow amassed 20+ guitars in the last few years and now am trying to consolidate my cheaper ones into nicer ones and have fewer guitar piles around the house. I'm sure it will just end up that I'll have 20+ high-end guitars within the next few years. Which is cool by me.

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax

skudmunky posted:

MXR Super Comp - $45

you can shoot me an email at [mySAusername] at gmail.com

I'm shooting you an email about this.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

iostream.h posted:

They're all in near perfect condition, no scratches or dings.
I was playing one of these in the store earlier and digging the sound. Do you still have it?

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006
I want your happy place to slap you as it flies by.

fenix down posted:

I was playing one of these in the store earlier and digging the sound. Do you still have it?
No, sorry, I actually parted it out.
I could probably snag another, let me see what I can dig up.

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006

M-Audio Axiom 49 in HOT ROD RED LIMITED EDITION RARE!!!11!

I kid, but seriously, it's in fantastic shape, it's sat in my home studio for ages, not smoked around or gigged with (and the thought of me trying to play a keyboard in public is laughable at best).
Say $145 shipped OBO.

Also in the same pic is my Tascam FW-1080 control surface.
Pretty cool piece of kit that I never really used much, I dug the idea of the motorized sliders more than anything else, if I had to be honest.
In pretty good shape, bought used and whoever had it carried it around some. No major cosmetic issues, just minor scuffs and whatnot.

Prices seem to vary a bit on this one so let's say $175 shipped OBO.

Got a black true bypass loop with a red led indicator that I'll take $30 shipped for.

SOLDEden Analog 'Cold Compress' compressor, one of the nicest compressors I've used, but I just don't USE one enough to justify the board space for it and I'm moving some effects into my rack.SOLD

No scuffs or whatever BUT it ONLY works via a 9v adapter, will NOT work off battery power. No idea why and to be frank, I've never cared.
$30 shipped OBO.

iostream.h fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Sep 25, 2013

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax

iostream.h posted:

M-Audio Axiom 49 in HOT ROD RED LIMITED EDITION RARE!!!11!

I kid, but seriously, it's in fantastic shape, it's sat in my home studio for ages, not smoked around or gigged with (and the thought of me trying to play a keyboard in public is laughable at best).
Say $145 shipped OBO.

Pretty cool piece of kit that I never really used much, I dug the idea of the motorized sliders more than anything else, if I had to be honest.
In pretty good shape, bought used and whoever had it carried it around some. No major cosmetic issues, just minor scuffs and whatnot.

Got a black true bypass loop with a red led indicator that I'll take $30 shipped for.
Eden Analog 'Cold Compress' compressor, one of the nicest compressors I've used, but I just don't USE one enough to justify the board space for it and I'm moving some effects into my rack.
No scuffs or whatever BUT it ONLY works via a 9v adapter, will NOT work off battery power. No idea why and to be frank, I've never cared.
$30 shipped OBO.

PM'd

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006

Replied. Thanks!

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006

Got a pair of Tele pickups, they're not US and nothing special, but they sound ok overall.

The neck is 7.36k ohms
The bridge is 7.43k ohms

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
Hey you guys!

I was hoping someone could give me some advice. I ran into a guy today who is selling a 1976 Gibson Marauder. I'm pretty sure what he wants for it is too much (he was asking 700, I managed to talk him down to 500, but I still think that's too much). Here's the dirty details: I sounds great, it plays great, it's all original, and the electronics have no issues at all. On the other hand, it very much shows its age. The fretboard and neck have a lot of wear from playing, there is serious buckle rash on the back of it, and worst off all there's a crack in the headstock. It's about 3/4 of an inch long right under the tuning key for the low E string.

So basically, does anyone have an idea what's a reasonable price for this?

honky dong
Sep 2, 2011

CPL593H posted:

Hey you guys!

I was hoping someone could give me some advice. I ran into a guy today who is selling a 1976 Gibson Marauder. I'm pretty sure what he wants for it is too much (he was asking 700, I managed to talk him down to 500, but I still think that's too much). Here's the dirty details: I sounds great, it plays great, it's all original, and the electronics have no issues at all. On the other hand, it very much shows its age. The fretboard and neck have a lot of wear from playing, there is serious buckle rash on the back of it, and worst off all there's a crack in the headstock. It's about 3/4 of an inch long right under the tuning key for the low E string.

So basically, does anyone have an idea what's a reasonable price for this?

I see these go for pretty cheap. With the cracked headstock, I'd be hesitant to buy it -- if you're set on it, I'd go less than 500, probably 350-400 max.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Borderview posted:

I see these go for pretty cheap. With the cracked headstock, I'd be hesitant to buy it -- if you're set on it, I'd go less than 500, probably 350-400 max.

Yeah, I don't want to do 500 at all. Turns out my brother tried to buy a car off this same guy a while back and he wanted three times what it was worth. So he's probably not going to budge. Oh and also, I came across because guy was trying to sell it to a guitar dealer who wanted nothing to do with it for what he wanted (700). We even took out a blue book right in front of him and determined that it was only worth 200-300. I straight up offered him 450 on the spot figuring that that was more than generous and he said 500.

honky dong
Sep 2, 2011

CPL593H posted:

Yeah, I don't want to do 500 at all. Turns out my brother tried to buy a car off this same guy a while back and he wanted three times what it was worth. So he's probably not going to budge. Oh and also, I came across because guy was trying to sell it to a guitar dealer who wanted nothing to do with it for what he wanted (700). We even took out a blue book right in front of him and determined that it was only worth 200-300. I straight up offered him 450 on the spot figuring that that was more than generous and he said 500.

Yeah, probably best to walk away from that. It is a cool guitar, but if you watched eBay and Guitar Center's used inventory, you'd probably come across one in great condition for around 500. I almost bought one from the local GC here for 350, but it didn't have the original pickups, so I decided not to pick it up. Instead got a 76 Gibson L6-S which is an awesome guitar.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I'm going to try to haggle him and if he won't take a reasonable offer then he can shove it up his rear end. The problem is that I love offbeat guitars and those junky old department store ones. So occasionally that over rides my better judgment.

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006

Seymour Duncan Shape Shifter (I think I got it from a goon a few years ago in fact)
$85 shipped.

Voodoo Labs Octave Fuzz
$90 shipped.

Voodoo Labs Tremolo
$65 shipped.

All have exactly zero issues work perfectly, recently DeOxit'd all pots and switches.
Velcro on the bottoms, physically they look really good overall, but they've been gigged and used, so don't expect like-new looks, please.

I also have 2 of the Dunlop Fingerboard Kits (#6502) that I'd throw at someone for like, $12 shipped I guess? Make an offer for those.

Actually, as usual, make an offer on all this poo poo, I got a new toy I need funds for, desperately. Get 'em gone.

foonykins
Jun 15, 2010

stop with the small talk

iostream.h posted:

This is probably gunna go by then, but if you still have it by 10/18 I'd absolutely love to take that off your hands. I don't have plat, is there another way to keep in touch?

If that Voodoo Labs fuzz sounds halfway decent for bass I'd take that off your hands too.

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006

foonykins posted:

This is probably gunna go by then, but if you still have it by 10/18 I'd absolutely love to take that off your hands. I don't have plat, is there another way to keep in touch?

If that Voodoo Labs fuzz sounds halfway decent for bass I'd take that off your hands too.

iostream.header at gee male and I'll see if I can scare up a clip of the fuzz on a bass or something for ya.

Panterica
Oct 24, 2003
For Sale - PRS 513 25th Anniversary. This guitar was a special order with 10 Top and Angry Larry finish. Excellent sounding instrument and playing guitar. The guitar is in excellent+ condition. It comes with the 25th Anniversary case and includes all the case candy.

Here are the flaws:
small chip between the bridge and middle pickup
small dimple on the back of the body
small dimple & scratch on the back of the neck between the 3rd and 4th fret

I tried taking pictures of the flaws, but I wasn't able to get them to show up using my cellphone camera. When I get out of work in the morning, I'll take some photos with my digital camera.

I bought this guitar off of eBay last week. It sounds outstanding. The build quality is superb. The reason I'm trading it is because it feels awkward to play. All of my previous guitars either had a single or dual humbuckers. I'm constantly hitting the middle pup while playing. It's driving me batshit crazy.

Here are my primary wants:
PRS Custom 24
PRS Custom 22
Caparison TAT II
Axe-Fx Ultra or II

Feel free to offer something else. I'm looking to get $2395 in trade or $2200 cash shipped to the Lower 48. Every where else + shipping.

Thanks for looking,

Bill

Panterica fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Oct 10, 2013

Sears Poncho
Oct 8, 2011
I've got a DSI Prophet '08 PE keyboard I'm looking to sell for $1600, or possibly do some kind of cash/trade combo for a digital piano. It's less than a year old, never been out of the house - practically perfect condition, smoke free environment.

I'm a little hesitant to ship it, so for the time being I'm just looking to unload it locally -I'm in Syracuse, NY but wouldn't mind doing a little driving if that's how it works out. If I don't get any bites I may consider shipping it.

No PMs so you can throw me a line at andrusyj at gmail.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
Does anyone have a Les Paul-ish guitar with P90s lying around? Don't need anything terribly fancy, just the P90s. The Jazzmasters I love, but I'm looking for a friend :3:

Dotcom Jillionaire
Jul 19, 2006

Social distortion
I've got the following I'm looking to trade or sell for other synth/guitar/recording/audio gear:

Roland MC-909 Groovebox (comes with SRX-08 expansion board, 256MB RAM expansion, 128MB SM card, Eagle knobs)

MI Shruthi-1 Yellow Magic edition (no case)

MI Anushri (with case, comes with power adapter)

Willzyx x0xb0x (plastic case, standard black and white front panel, comes with power adapter)

Roland TR-505 drum machine

Sherman Rodec Restyler (multimode filter with envelope follower, INSANE filter!)

KORG Kaosspad 3 (love this thing, hard to let it go, comes with power adapter)

MOTU Micro Express MIDI router/splitter (4 in, 6 out, comes with box and USB cable)

Novation Launchpad (comes with box and USB cable)

Novation X-Station 49 keyboard synth + MIDI controller (can ship in padded gig bag)

Ovation Left-handed Celebrity (recently serviced, comes with case)

Fender Frontman 25B Bass Amp

Acid Reflux
Oct 18, 2004

I might be interested in that KP3 depending on price - would be a great surprise for my son when I finish installing the touchpad controller kit in one of his guitars.

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

Everything I say draws controversy. It's kinda like the abortion issue.
How much are you looking to get for the muteable insturments stuff? Any issues with either? Only thing I have to trade right now is lots of guitar pedals.

Dotcom Jillionaire
Jul 19, 2006

Social distortion

Acid Reflux posted:

I might be interested in that KP3 depending on price - would be a great surprise for my son when I finish installing the touchpad controller kit in one of his guitars.

The Kaosspad is in great shape and is definitely a ton of fun to use with any instrument. I'd hope to get $220 plus shipping and Paypal fees

Krustic posted:

How much are you looking to get for the muteable insturments stuff? Any issues with either? Only thing I have to trade right now is lots of guitar pedals.

The Shurthi YM is $200 (I've had a lot of interest in this little guy) and the Anushri (also alot of interest) with case is $400. The Shruthi I got off eBay and after replacing 1 knob the unit works perfectly. The Anushri I built myself and I've had no issues whatsoever, love the sound on it and hope to build another one after moving. What guitar pedals might you have?

Dotcom Jillionaire fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Oct 19, 2013

Acid Reflux
Oct 18, 2004

Ack...I was ready to say yes, until my darling wife reminded me that my darling child wants to start the upcoming driver's ed class. That's a really great price though, I'm sorry I can't jump on it.

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

Everything I say draws controversy. It's kinda like the abortion issue.
I have a Zvex mastotron, vox lil looper, boss ge-7, t-Rex senswah, akai tri fuzz, digitech bass synth wah, and a boss hm-2. Also have about 200usd in PayPal. I'm interested in both but can probly only afford 1. Need to look up some demos for the anushri. Don't really know much about them.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Time to clear out some old pedals.

Boss CE-5
Boss MT-2
Dunlop Crybaby (last 8 years, I can get specifics if you want)
Dunlop Zakk Wylde autographed/signature crybaby
Way Huge Green Rhino

Some of them aren't extremely impressive so I'd definitely trade multiples for one good pedal if it appealed to me. I'm mostly looking for dirt pedals but anything else is fine to offer. I like to stay open.

Featured Creature
May 10, 2004
Tomatoes
Hey there I am wanting a BC Rich War Beast. Local guitar shop has one with no case for $200. Any offers? I need a guitar for the office.

Panterica
Oct 24, 2003
I'm considering trading my 3 month old Mark V. I bought it from an authorized Mesa/Boogie dealer. The warranty has 4 years 9 months left. It comes with the slip cover, casters, foot switch, and all paperwork. Ideally we'd do a straight trade for the Mark V and Axe Fx II. If you've got an Axe Fx Ultra and are willing to either trade me a power amp, powered speaker(s) or pay extra, we can work something out.

I really only want to trade with someone located in New England, upstate NY, or Quebec. I'd really rather not ship it, as it's going to be incredibly expensive. If you insist on me shipping it, I'll consider it as long as you're willing to pay all shipping costs.

Sell price is $2100 or trade for an Axe Fx II or Ultra + cash or power amp/powered speaker.

Panterica fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Oct 21, 2013

Panterica
Oct 24, 2003

I really want a multi-effects processor that can be run with the 4 cable method. After doing a bunch of research (10 whole minutes) it seems like the AxeFx standard or Ultra fit the bill. The TC G Major was also a contender, but I would need an overdrive/distortion pedal upfront. Realistically, the AxeFx is overkill. The only effects I use regularly are chorus, delay, and wah. Those are the pedals I currently own. A flanger and phaser are on my list to buy in the near future. I like the reverb of my Mark V, but would like to have other alternatives. The Mark V has plenty of gain in channel 3, I just want to dirty up channel 1.

I'd like to trade the Carvin ST 300 Elite for either AxeFx standard or Ultra. Cash price: $1850 obo. You pay shipping and PayPal fees, I live in Rutland, VT 05701

Some other things I'd be willing to trade for:
EVH USA Wolfgang Stealth
John Petrucci 6 or 7 string stealth
Dean RC7 Xenocide

ST300 Elite
Original Floyd Rose Tremolo
Sperzel locking tuners
LN - Floyd Rose Locking Nut
FK - Bookmatched Flamed Koa Top
KOA - Koa Neck/Koa Body
5K - 5-Piece Koa Neck w/ 2 Maple Stripes
PTH - Pointed Angled 6s Headstock
FKPH - Flamed Koa Headstock Matches Body Finish
EFB - Ebony Fingerboard Black (No Streaking)
ABS - Abalone Signature Inlays
STF - Stainless Med-Jumbo Frets
S22B - S22B Bridge Pickup w/ Metal Cover to Match Hardware
S22J - S22J Neck Pickup w/ Metal Cover to Match Hardware
WLL - Large White Logo (IN, RIN, PTH, PTHR only)
Windowed flight case

Panterica fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Oct 21, 2013

foonykins
Jun 15, 2010

stop with the small talk

That thing is unbelievably beautiful. I wish I was made of money cause I would pick that up in a heartbeat, and I'm not a fan of guitars with pointy anything.

iostream.h, sorry for not getting back to you a few days ago. I had some unexpected automotive bills (I never knew an exhaust could just, like, fall off) and am a little light funded to pick up that Tascam from you. Obviously if anyone else wants it, by all means let them have it, but I'm just letting you know that I'm still interested.

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006

foonykins posted:

That thing is unbelievably beautiful. I wish I was made of money cause I would pick that up in a heartbeat, and I'm not a fan of guitars with pointy anything.

iostream.h, sorry for not getting back to you a few days ago. I had some unexpected automotive bills (I never knew an exhaust could just, like, fall off) and am a little light funded to pick up that Tascam from you. Obviously if anyone else wants it, by all means let them have it, but I'm just letting you know that I'm still interested.
No worries man, I've still got it actually, so just let me know what you'd like to do. :)

Panterica
Oct 24, 2003

foonykins posted:

Thanks man. It plays and sounds as good as it looks. This is my first Carvin and if their other guitars are anything like this one, I'll be buying another in the not to distant future.

Panterica
Oct 24, 2003
I'd really like to sell the Carvin, so I could take the proceeds to buy an Axe Fx. Please buy it or make me an offer.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Panterica posted:

I'd really like to sell the Carvin, so I could take the proceeds to buy an Axe Fx. Please buy it or make me an offer.

To be honest, it's a higher end guitar, so it's harder to move, and it's a Carvin, so you're probably going to have to take a bath on it anyways. You'll probably have more luck on eBay if you're in a hurry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008
FACTS ARE A CONSPIRACY BY THE CAPITALIST OPRESSOR
You can try getting a subscription at The Gear Page and selling there. No eBay fees taking a good 200 bucks off the top.