Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

kharaa posted:

Yeah I'm gonna need you to add me so I can get one of those swag petilils.

1005-9186-3681

Added. Go hog wild.

edit: oh poo poo you've got Audino in yours

JoeGlassJAw fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Oct 18, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Dastardly posted:

Got a moxie Heracross with 21,31,3,30,31,28 in IV's. It's Lonely so the defense is completely hosed on him. Is it posible to compensate the defense with ev training or should I just not give a crap? :shrug:

How do you find all the non-31 IVs?

VVV Makes enough sense. Thanks.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Unbound posted:

You can use old IV checkers for pokemon that were pre-gen 6

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

if wishes were fishes fuck you this is my pie

Countblanc posted:

You can use old IV checkers for pokemon that were pre-gen 6

Apparently some pokemon had their base stats altered so be careful.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

Unbound posted:

Used an IV calculator for it. The Heracross is lvl 30 and has no ev's so it should be fairly accurate.

Reoxygenation posted:

Apparently some pokemon had their base stats altered so be careful.

So that's why it was weird for some other pokemon I checked. It also does not have some of the new characteristics.

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Picked up Pokémon X & Y at GameStop today and they had three plush Pokémon : Fennekin, Froakie, and Chespin. My 3yo was with me and went totally gaga over them. I told him he could pick one and pointed to each as I named them. He goes "I choooose... Um mm... Mmm... Froakie!"

I then asked him if he wanted to give his Froakie a nickname. "Imma nickname him... um... Froakie!"

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
What are the ideal natures for a new Froakie and Charmander? And what are some good initial stat ranges when you get them (levels 5 and 10 respectively) Currently I have a calm Froakie and a timid Charmander. Is that decent or garbage?

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Oct 18, 2013

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
Is it possible to over train (eg, go more than 252) an ability in Super training? Or will it just refuse to allot more points as you keep playing the super game? I know it won't hand out more points if you hit the total stat, but I don't know about individual ones.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

Fried Chicken posted:

Is it possible to over train (eg, go more than 252) an ability in Super training? Or will it just refuse to allot more points as you keep playing the super game? I know it won't hand out more points if you hit the total stat, but I don't know about individual ones.

Nope, it caps out at 252.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Thanks a bunch for that Froakie!

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

JoeGlassJAw posted:

Added. Go hog wild.

edit: oh poo poo you've got Audino in yours

Man, I bet infinite level 30 Audinos would really help the post game grind.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

-Fish- posted:

Picked up Pokémon X & Y at GameStop today and they had three plush Pokémon : Fennekin, Froakie, and Chespin. My 3yo was with me and went totally gaga over them. I told him he could pick one and pointed to each as I named them. He goes "I choooose... Um mm... Mmm... Froakie!"

I then asked him if he wanted to give his Froakie a nickname. "Imma nickname him... um... Froakie!"

Now to ween him off the Shrek ears!

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

What are the ideal natures for a new Froakie and Charmander? And what are some good initial stat ranges when you get them (levels 5 and 10 respectively)

Froakie is really fast and has a bit higher special attack than attack (and his special moves are generally better than his physical moves except for fighting type coverage), so you want a nature that emphasizes special attack or speed and doesn't penalize the other. Modest, Hasty, Naive, Timid, Mild, or Rash.

Can't help you with the stat ranges or Charmander info.

Azzents
Oct 19, 2010

"Quoting, like smoking, is a dirty habit to which I am devoted."
Are there any spots to do battles for a new team I've bred or am I relegated to grinding wild pokemon until I can fight the elite four?

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Dastardly posted:

Nope, it caps out at 252.

Awesome. Now I just need to luck out and get some reset bags so I can properly train my starter and some others

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Azzents posted:

Are there any spots to do battles for a new team I've bred or am I relegated to grinding wild pokemon until I can fight the elite four?

You can do the battle restaurants and make a ton of money in the process.

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

Fried Chicken posted:

Awesome. Now I just need to luck out and get some reset bags so I can properly train my starter and some others

Alternatively, breed it, give it some vitamins and then finish it with Super Training or the old way. :D Unless it's shiny or has an alternate ability that can't be passed down.

ninja edit: just saying that because in all the time I've spent in Super Training, I haven't gotten a single. Reset. Bag. I might just be really unlucky :negative:

e2: vvv the 2 stars one I believe, since 3 stars is level 60ish

Azzents
Oct 19, 2010

"Quoting, like smoking, is a dirty habit to which I am devoted."

Schubalts posted:

You can do the battle restaurants and make a ton of money in the process.

Thanks. Which star restaurant should I tackle for a mid to late 30s team?

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Reoxygenation posted:

Alternatively, breed it, give it some vitamins and then finish it with Super Training or the old way. :D Unless it's shiny or has an alternate ability that can't be passed down.

ninja edit: just saying that because in all the time I've spent in Super Training, I haven't gotten a single. Reset. Bag. I might just be really unlucky :negative:

Breeding resets EVs now?

EDIT:

Ah. No, and in one case breeding for a better ability would probably be smart. But with my starter, I'm just attached

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Hey is there a list of the Fennekin lines move list anywhere? Been keeping mine in it's base form for awhile but would like to know when it's best to evolve it. The usual websites aren't updating with that stuff very fast (games only been out a week to be fair but the guide must be out now right?).

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

Fried Chicken posted:

Breeding resets EVs now?

No, but instead of trying to get lucky and get a reset bag, you can just breed the pokemon and start with a fresh level 1 one. Unless like I said it's a special pokemon.

e: I see, godspeed then!

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

-Fish- posted:

Did you try to explain the fact that it turns into a tongue-scarfed ninja to him too, or was that a little too heavy for the little guy?

Reacean
Nov 29, 2004

Added a bunch of ya'll from earlier in this thread, my FC is: 2723-9513-5709. No idea what my safari is but I'm also far from the elite 4.

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Geostomp posted:

Did you try to explain the fact that it turns into a tongue-scarfed ninja to him too, or was that a little too heavy for the little guy?

I tried, but he was too busy running around and yelling that he had a Froakie to really process what I was telling him.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

The Shortest Path posted:

It's a misspelling of Protean, which is Froakie's hidden ability. It changes its type to the type of whatever move you're about to use, so it always gets STAB and can flip its resists around all the time.

Wait, how the hell are we getting Gen VI starters with their hidden abilities already?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Another stupid Pokemon question....but if I wanted to breed a starter pokemon do I need to trade for another one with someone else or can I use a ditto or something? I don't know how this crazy game works.

No
Sep 13, 2006

You can just use a ditto! I bred my Fennekin with a ditto and then used the babies as trade fodder. Works pretty good.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Alkydere posted:

Wait, how the hell are we getting Gen VI starters with their hidden abilities already?

Every pokemon that appears in Friend Safari can come with its hidden ability (at least for those that have them). Since there are something like 100 total pokemon, mostly gen 2-5 starters and legendaries, which aren't available via Friend Safari, that includes pretty much every hidden ability on the books. The gen 1 and 6 starters are in Friend Safari and pretty common.

BAILOUT MCQUACK!
Nov 14, 2005

Marco! Yeaaah...
My event torchic is docile. Is everyone else's?

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

BAILOUT MCQUACK! posted:

My event torchic is docile. Is everyone else's?

No. It's always male but nature is variable.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
Hey, so, um, this is a silly question I know, but what the gently caress are Fairies weak against? Fire and...what else? Also why are they good at hurting all of my favorite types!? They're a neat new addition but I'm actually having some trouble with this gym.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

A lot of the Sky Battle trainers are hidden in out of the way corners. Is there some extra benefit to fighting them making them worth seeking out?

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Hey, so, um, this is a silly question I know, but what the gently caress are Fairies weak against? Fire and...what else? Also why are they good at hurting all of my favorite types!? They're a neat new addition but I'm actually having some trouble with this gym.

Strong against Dragon, Fighting and Dark, weak to Poison and Steel, immune to Dragon, resisted by Fire, Steel and Poison.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

They're weak to poison and steel. That's it.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Poison and Steel. Fire resists them, but isn't super-effective.

-Fish- posted:

I tried, but he was too busy running around and yelling that he had a Froakie to really process what I was telling him.

That sounds about right for a three-year-old. Well, either way, he's happy.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Faries are weak to Poison and Steel, that's it. Fire types resist Fairy attacks though.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I'm pretty sure they're not weak to Fire. They're weak to Poison and Steel though. I usually try to hit for their secondary types because I'm still playing with the mindset that Fairy Type isn't a thing so I don't need to carry Poison or Steel attacks.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Fairies aren't weak against fire, but fire types resist fairy. Fairies are weak to poison and steel and are immune to dragon. Fairy does super effective damage to dragon, fighting and dark types.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

No posted:

You can just use a ditto! I bred my Fennekin with a ditto and then used the babies as trade fodder. Works pretty good.

Cool cool. And when a new baby pokemon is bred is its nature completely random?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Cool cool. And when a new baby pokemon is bred is its nature completely random?

It can be influenced with an Everstone on one of the parents, but otherwise it's random.

• Locked thread