Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Hubis posted:

I want to get one just so I can paint it red and troll all my Dr. Who fan friends.

Then you just have Inspector Spacetime!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMSyIgydYfs

Those terrain pieces are lazy as hell. You can tell that they were all assembled with 100% Evergreen Scale Models Sheet Styrene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

jammu posted:

Pretty nice looking monsters, although 15$ seems a lot for 4 of these.

Well that Raster is to scale isn't it? That might end up being a good chunk of it.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
If expansion three includes more of their chronoscope line like:

http://www.reapermini.com/Miniatures/Chronoscope/latest/50280

http://www.reapermini.com/Miniatures/Chronoscope/latest/50281

I'll be in like a shot. I don't care if steampunk is passé, reaper do it drat well (though not often enough for my liking).

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!

Bad Munki posted:

Well, those that were oohing and aahing about the sharkman, you got him.

They've also revealed expansion #3, which is pretty slim pickings count-wise, but is some nice big scenery. I doubt many will be interested in it until it grows significantly. Except then they went and put a god drat tardis on it, so of course there will be a contingent of buyers for that alone.

e: Sgt Forscale :3:

That's great! I cross-posted this in the Doctor Who thread over in TVIV, so hopefully that might attract some people who might not otherwise be interested in miniature-related stuff. :)

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
Shipping container and dumpster are hollow and open up. The prototype call box and weapons locker do not.

EDIT: Someone was asking about how long the pledge calculator is expected to be open. Reaper said it should stay up until December 31. You'll be able to change your pledge around and add funds up until that time.

JackMann fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Oct 17, 2013

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

JackMann posted:

EDIT: Someone was asking about how long the pledge calculator is expected to be open. Reaper said it should stay up until December 31. You'll be able to change your pledge around and add funds up until that time.

Gonna add on so many tiny plastic mans.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib
Mind, it's best to pledge as much as you can now, since money after the Kickstarter will not likely affect the stretch goals. But yeah, if you're stretched now, you could plan on increasing later.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
Yeah well if they wanted me to do that the wouldn't end the Kickstarter on the same day as the biggest regional con of the year starts.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Bad Munki posted:

I know what they're going to do for their final day boost, I've figured it out, I've beaten them at their own game.

Knight Forscale Included

Even better

Sir Forscale and Sgt Forscale, along with a single terrain covered display plinth where they can be locked in noble combat for eternity

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

NTRabbit posted:

Even better

Sir Forscale and Sgt Forscale, along with a single terrain covered display plinth where they can be locked in noble combat for eternity

But only if they're both out of scale.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
I wouldn't normally give a poo poo about expansion sets, but I would definitely buy a big pile of terrain/set bits like that.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
With all these separate expansions, I'm worried that we won't see the conclusion of #2 or #3 before the end of the KS.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Indolent Bastard posted:

With all these separate expansions, I'm worried that we won't see the conclusion of #2 or #3 before the end of the KS.

Look at the negative Nancy here.

Edit: I guess the 3rd exp is going to be scifi stuff, not just all terrain. That means the 2nd exp might have some fantasy terrain bits mixed in. It's good they're separating these two out, and will encourage pledging. I know it's making me up mine.

Ravendas fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Oct 17, 2013

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Is there going to be any more love for the core set? I'm thinking not since the justification on expansions was the finite amount of room in the box.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

moths posted:

Is there going to be any more love for the core set? I'm thinking not since the justification on expansions was the finite amount of room in the box.

They said more was coming for the core set.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib
Also, they've said they have plans in place for if any of the expansions aren't finished by the end, though they haven't said what those plans are.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
Ha ha "Angels of Sorrow." Looks like this week's got a theme.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
its worth mentioning that the paint set 2 is new colors. I know it says "new colors" and all, but i had to double check my current paints to make sure. Up until now there were only 38 HD paints. Im looking forward to seeing how the White performs in an airbrush

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Stephenls posted:

Ha ha "Angels of Sorrow." Looks like this week's got a theme.

Yes but the Tardis is in expansion 3 while the Weeping Angels are in expansion 2, that is a really lovely move (which I hope the Who-vians fall for and boost the poo poo out of this KS).

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I hate to be a bother again, but I dropped the price of my Reaper stuff I'm selling. There's two big bundles for pretty cheap, including one with all the minis that were in Bones 1 sans Sophie for $520, and one with absolutely everything including all the paints and such sans Sophie for $660, both bundles include shipping. Basically more minis and poo poo than you'll ever need. Also dropped the price on most of the addons by at least a couple bucks, Kaladrax by a full ten. Could really use some sales not only to get them out of here and take up less space, but so I can rebuild my savings after six weeks of unpaid medical leave wiped them out.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3574689&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post420478973

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib
More stuff from the comments section.

There is more stuff planned for core. They just want to add in a bunch onto the expansions so people feel they're worthwhile.

There's also been a bit more teasing about larger bases. I would expect it next time we have a long stretch between goals.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Reaper just posted a video on Facebook:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXPxGcIL0gA

It's a closeup of some of the models. The kraken looks amazing, the gelatinous cube less so. Check out the last 2 seconds...

Edit: Someone got a better pic:

Ravendas fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Oct 18, 2013

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
Holy poo poo that's huge

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all
I think that video sold me on the kraken. Has some great detail and it's just massive. Not as massive as that last bit though. Wonder how long till that shows up.

Have to admit I was a little distracted by just how hairy that guys fingers are.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

signalnoise posted:

Holy poo poo that's huge

Yeah, that's Sir Forscale on those ruins, on a 1" base. You can extrapolate from there.

They aren't budging on details on the dragon. Hard to tell its size from this, aside from 'holy wow big'.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Am I the only one more excited for those ruins than for the dragon?

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

GrandpaPants posted:

Am I the only one more excited for those ruins than for the dragon?

I'm dragon'd out, and although I think the ruins are a really cool addition, I make my own stuff out of Hirst Arts, so I won't be ordering it either.

I like it though!

Paolomania
Apr 26, 2006

I'm feeling like Reaper made a strategic error here in not coming out of the gate strong with each of the expansion lots. One thing that got people on board early for Bones I was that even the first Vampire lot before stretch goals seemed like a reasonable deal for a retail package, so people could say "hey if thats all there is its still a reasonable deal". The opening offerings for each of the expansions seems nowhere near a reasonable retail equivalent ($50 for four pieces of bonesium modern scenery? $50 for three bonesium mounted and some guards? $50 for a bonesium dragon and some mooks?) so there is no motivation to bump up your pledge until the expansion seems like at least a retail equivalent (where I would guess early pledgers would be enticed) if not a good deal (where I think the bulk of pledgers start to think about it). They are trying to bump up enthusiasm with things like that video, but they should have just made the expansions sweeter out of the gate.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Paolomania posted:

I'm feeling like Reaper made a strategic error here in not coming out of the gate strong with each of the expansion lots. One thing that got people on board early for Bones I was that even the first Vampire lot before stretch goals seemed like a reasonable deal for a retail package, so people could say "hey if thats all there is its still a reasonable deal". The opening offerings for each of the expansions seems nowhere near a reasonable retail equivalent ($50 for four pieces of bonesium modern scenery? $50 for three bonesium mounted and some guards? $50 for a bonesium dragon and some mooks?) so there is no motivation to bump up your pledge until the expansion seems like at least a retail equivalent (where I would guess early pledgers would be enticed) if not a good deal (where I think the bulk of pledgers start to think about it). They are trying to bump up enthusiasm with things like that video, but they should have just made the expansions sweeter out of the gate.

Yup. I want expansion 3, but I won't pledge unless I can see it all, and know that I won't miss any part of it by it failing to reach a "stretch goal". The expansions should have just been added in full. I have no doubt people would be tossing in cash much faster if that was the way they did it.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

thiswayliesmadness posted:

Have to admit I was a little distracted by just how hairy that guys fingers are.

I was thinking "Oh hey, my fingers are about that hairy, and it doesn't look so bad in this video." And then you came and ruined it and gave me a complex.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

AlternateAccount posted:

I was thinking "Oh hey, my fingers are about that hairy, and it doesn't look so bad in this video." And then you came and ruined it and gave me a complex.

Don't feel bad, man. I didn't notice anything until he mentioned it, and looking back that dude has less hair than I do.

I could probably have knuckle braids if I put my mind to it.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Update!

Expansion 3 was expanded, with some not-mindflayer scifi aliens.

Also, medium sized bases for everyone!

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Lame expansion update. Some kind of generic alien monster things. Just what I never wanted.

bobvonunheil
Mar 18, 2007

Board games and tea

Indolent Bastard posted:

Lame expansion update. Some kind of generic alien monster things. Just what I never wanted.

I dunno, I like them, even if they are splitting the difference between Zerg, illithid, tyranids etc. If expansions 2 and 3 end up with more stuff like that I can see myself dropping the core set for those two instead.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind having a handful of cthulhuzerg, myself.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Bad Munki posted:

They do look pretty huge. Ogre sized or bigger.

I like that the bases have an indented side. That way, you can put the figure with the broccoli base on that side, and then use some greenstuff to surround and cover the figure's base, up to the lip of the base. It'd appear mostly flat, making the broccoli base blend in more. Plus, if you know how to do some basic greenstuff modeling, you can make it look like swamp, stone, tiles, cobblestones, whatever.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Bad Munki posted:

I'll sell you mine if you want. (I can finally trade you something for the core figs I wanted!)

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

That'd be cool, since I'm not really interested in the rest of that expansion as of yet. Although the tardis would be fun, I would be just as happy buying it alone at retail. Same goes for the weeping angels in the other expansion: I'd like them, but the rest of the expansion isn't doing it for me, so I'd just wait for retail.

Anyhow, we'll see how the expansions shape up in a few days, and we can figure something out then if need be. :)

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Not sure if everyone saw this site, you mouseover the images of the figures and it shows them in their current metal form, zoomed in. Some of those figures are much nicer than I imagined.

http://greg.botch.com/bones2/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Bad Munki posted:

That'd be cool, since I'm not really interested in the rest of that expansion as of yet. Although the tardis would be fun, I would be just as happy buying it alone at retail. Same goes for the weeping angels in the other expansion: I'd like them, but the rest of the expansion isn't doing it for me, so I'd just wait for retail.

Anyhow, we'll see how the expansions shape up in a few days, and we can figure something out then if need be. :)

You are in the US correct? This might work. I'd love all the terrain and the weeping angels.

• Locked thread