Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

OnceIWasAnOstrich posted:

I'm actually trying to figure out why sometimes I do 1k damage to people in a tank. I only noticed it on my lancer the other day but a direct hit to someones back would result in 1k damage. My best guess is they were a lancer or something and had a skill running which massively reduced damage.

Abosorption like iron will / kaias will do that. No tank damage leaks thru blocks in CS

edit: omg FPS optimization bless the gods.

Wassbix fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Oct 16, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
So I went to the auction broker to check how the new costumes will look. Its horrifying! At least the witch one isn't so bad...

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Yeah, not feeling the halloween costumes at all. The skeleton mount is purchasable and I'm probably going to nab it, it's the best looking mount I've seen in game. I was browsing around the official forums and some guy was nice enough to post a guide on how to get the permanent green raptor mount: http://tera-forums.enmasse.com/forums/general-discussion/topics/How-to-get-New-Mount-Watermelon-Pet

I didn't get a chance to try it tonight, but seems pretty easy. I'm also happy the beach festival dailies I've been cheesing to level my zerker are still in. Although it's gone from 28% of a level per day to 14%. :( Still I'm not going to complain about gaining 3 levels for 3-4 minutes of work a day.

Super Space Jam 64
Jan 6, 2010

Yet another violation of regulation 1910 subpart D.
Really enjoying these new dungeons. Kessel's Gorge is way better than running ACNM/CoF ad nauseum. Also I bonked a mystic with a rear attack evasive strike crit in CS and it died in one hit and :smug:

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

I've learned that the more perverted the costume, the more profit is to be made. I get a great EMP to gold ratio from swimsuits and that slutcostume. Holding on to some of them until they get discontinued and become scarce.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!
nooo CS ratings reset

got up to 1410 and was planning to grind on thursday to rank 1

atleast this lets me grind my lancer till I'm 60 without being worried about ratings

Wassbix fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Oct 16, 2013

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

KinkyJohn posted:

I've learned that the more perverted the costume, the more profit is to be made. I get a great EMP to gold ratio from swimsuits and that slutcostume. Holding on to some of them until they get discontinued and become scarce.

Video game nerds are very desperate for some tits and rear end.

Are the femani swimsuits still changing the feet model from high heel hooves to actual high heels feet?

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
The prospect of castanic double-horns intrigued me at first but the clipping, oh god!

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

KaneTW posted:

Video game nerds are very desperate for some tits and rear end.

Are the femani swimsuits still changing the feet model from high heel hooves to actual high heels feet?

Yes and people are very very very upset about this lore-oversight or something.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Velveteen posted:

So I went to the auction broker to check how the new costumes will look. Its horrifying! At least the witch one isn't so bad...

Etna cosplay

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Let it be known that the new events are pretty awful at the moment. Reports of the cannons not working properly, and extremely high prices for valuable stuff. Want that Boneshaker mount from the event? 500 Candy, I think. You get anywhere from 0-5 per clear. If you are lucky and the cannons actually work. It would be better off just buying it from the store. Hopefully En Masse fixes the cannons, but it's not very likely.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Immense grind for holiday themed cosmetic items? Looks like they took a page right out of guildwars2's book. :v: I finally did sirjuka gallery yesterday and that dungeon was very easy and very difficult at the same time. Pretty interesting, but I don't think I would ever run that in any sort of pug.

Leviabeetus
Feb 14, 2010
I've been thinking of transferring over to MT lately, what with my guild now being dead after everyone left to FF14. How's the goon guild doing?

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Stupid Boob posted:

I've been thinking of transferring over to MT lately, what with my guild now being dead after everyone left to FF14. How's the goon guild doing?

Was totally dead a month ago, now it's pretty active at both EU and US prime time, especially if something going on and people log onto the DGKK character instead of their NFA one.

Super Space Jam 64
Jan 6, 2010

Yet another violation of regulation 1910 subpart D.
There are usually two or three people on in DGKK when I'm active, which is two or three more than there were a couple months ago. Never enough to do anything but hopefully more people come around!

Leviabeetus
Feb 14, 2010
Well, all right then. I've got to sell off most all of what I've got in the bank, then make sure I don't have over 50k on my character I'm transferring. Going well so far, I think I'll be able to get the transfer taken care of some time tomorrow.

Edit: Character name is Brynni, a castanic sorcerer. I'm pretty competent in mchm, but haven't completed due to a constant rotation of teaching new guild mates and then watching them burn out just as they're getting good at it. The new dungeons I haven't even had a chance to do anything with. PvP...I'm not entirely incompetent at.

Leviabeetus fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Oct 18, 2013

OnceIWasAnOstrich
Jul 22, 2006

Stupid Boob posted:

Well, all right then. I've got to sell off most all of what I've got in the bank, then make sure I don't have over 50k on my character I'm transferring. Going well so far, I think I'll be able to get the transfer taken care of some time tomorrow.

Edit: Character name is Brynni, a castanic sorcerer. I'm pretty competent in mchm, but haven't completed due to a constant rotation of teaching new guild mates and then watching them burn out just as they're getting good at it. The new dungeons I haven't even had a chance to do anything with. PvP...I'm not entirely incompetent at.

Apparently the main progress DGKK has made is a abusing the poo poo out of the equalized battleground and working to get as many people highly ranked as possible.

I've never lost while playing with DGKK people, so well done Kill Whitey whoever you are.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

OnceIWasAnOstrich posted:

Apparently the main progress DGKK has made is a abusing the poo poo out of the equalized battleground and working to get as many people highly ranked as possible.

I've never lost while playing with DGKK people, so well done Kill Whitey whoever you are.

You're welcome~

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

Anybody experimented with crystals/buffs/charms with the cannons in the halloween event?

Sync
Nov 16, 2012

KinkyJohn posted:

Anybody experimented with crystals/buffs/charms with the cannons in the halloween event?

Crystals/Buffs/Charms/Gear/Level make no difference in the cannon Halloween thing. As far as everyone can tell, it's currently impossible to get rank 1 (5k points). Someone from NFA has gotten 3.4 or 3.6k and he killed almost every single mob in the room besides a few small ones, so I (along with everyone else) think it's currently not working correctly. To get rank 3 pretty easily, basic strategy is to make sure you kill Gourdo, kill the little Halloween spirits running around (the little ghosts) and focus the BAMs, even though it takes ages to kill them.

Stupid Boob posted:

Great! The more the merrier for DGKK Queen runs.

WanderingKid
Feb 27, 2005

lives here...
Guilds are per character not per account. You can have 8 different characters in 8 different guilds on 1 account.

Most of the geared for endgame DGKKs have multiple level 60 alts in multiple guilds, so you want to add some of their alts to your friends list.

Its a clumsy system and at certain times of day it makes the playerbase seem smaller than it really is. We have more than enough players online concurrently for a daily Queen static (even if you sometimes can't see them because they are on anonymous alts).

Nevertheless, numbers are down across all guilds due to Pokemon. Someone in NFA mumble joking said "what are you all 10 years old?" and was met by stone cold silence from 6 working men and women. Pokemon is the real deal.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

WanderingKid posted:

Guilds are per character not per account. You can have 8 different characters in 8 different guilds on 1 account.

Most of the geared for endgame DGKKs have multiple level 60 alts in multiple guilds, so you want to add some of their alts to your friends list.

Its a clumsy system and at certain times of day it makes the playerbase seem smaller than it really is. We have more than enough players online concurrently for a daily Queen static (even if you sometimes can't see them because they are on anonymous alts).

Nevertheless, numbers are down across all guilds due to Pokemon. Someone in NFA mumble joking said "what are you all 10 years old?" and was met by stone cold silence from 6 working men and women. Pokemon is the real deal.

It seems like all the old time players (ones with mutliple/geared 60s) are either in NFA or spend most of their time in NFA, which I haven't had an issue with since most of the time I'm on, I do CS, but I could see it being bit discouraging for the PvE oriented people in DGKK. An effort to consolidate might be helpful for the more PvE oriented DGKK members. Since at the moment if I wanted to run WH for steadfast gear or something it would not be possible to do it from DGKK and I'd have to use the dungeon finder (thankfully I haven't had the urge).

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Just run KG and do the cyasma token thing for steadfast, it's easier that way, faster too if you have more than one 60. That halloween cannon thing is bullshit, way too much hp for the mobs, the cannons don't work right and the amount of candy required for anything cool is too high. It's like I'm playing guild wars 2 again. :v:

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!
So apparently the new BG Kuma's world gives Bellicarium/KS points. I really hope this doesn't kill CS queues since I really find CS enjoyable~ though I'm afraid it might since its solo queue only so the clueless babies that whine about CS might all flock over.

Unless of course Kuma's world is more fun than CS (somehow i doubt this).

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

Sync posted:

Great! The more the merrier for DGKK Queen runs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ragDDx9s4fY

DGKK MCHM are the best!

WanderingKid
Feb 27, 2005

lives here...
Me and Sync are doing a comedy 2 man MCNM right now and its pretty close to that video. Took 1 and 3 debuff, accidentally took 2 which cancelled 1. Healed through debuff the failed stand. She stands again. Healed through second failed stand. Ressurect Sync but she does shield phase. Failed shield phase.

GG.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!
Ran into 2 5man team while duoing in CS 67 Winstreak broken..... now back to 1 win. :qq: sad thing is we almost won.

Edit: WanderingKid I might be able to get off work at a sane time today and would be willing to MCHM~~~ lets make the dream happen~~ (Since the CS dream is deaddddd :qq:)

Wassbix fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Oct 19, 2013

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

I got ridiculously lucky with MWing and enchanting my lancer's weapon. 3 MES and 13 attempts at enchanting to get +12. What's the best rolls for the lancer weapon for pve?

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010

Velveteen posted:

DGKK MCHM are the best!

I really wish they didn't all lose motivation to play after we finally cleared it a couple times. :smith:

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!
Wanderingkid can you provide a good source for the rollable lines on all the gear? I found this but it seems a bit off cause I've seen people with skill CD lines and stuff on their weapons and poo poo https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtkHEYB4mA1PdGtBTng0eUhMbnFkMlRiNFZxYk9XOHc#gid=0.

Also, how do you find out the time for the Legendary Enchanter thing for alliance? I'm guessing I should just wait for that before I try to +12 weapon and my gloves. After all I've heard about the enchanting being terrible in this game it's pretty relaxing compared to other Kmmos I'm used to. My weapon didn't even blow up after I failed!!!

Only problem now is that I'm out of extensive alks and I might finally have to learn to PvE :qq:

Can you solo KN normal with like 2 dps or 1 dps/healer? I heard that's the place to go for mats.

Edit: Or grind more CS for keys to trade to my Greedy Irish Overlord

Straithate
Sep 11, 2001

Bow before the might of the Clarkson!

Wassbix posted:

Can you solo KN normal with like 2 dps or 1 dps/healer? I heard that's the place to go for mats.

Edit: Or grind more CS for keys to trade to my Greedy Irish Overlord

You definitely want a healer with you for KN or it will take a really long time due to debuffs. With one, you can clear it in about 5 minutes.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Straithate posted:

You definitely want a healer with you for KN or it will take a really long time due to debuffs. With one, you can clear it in about 5 minutes.

Does it matter if it's a priest or mystic?

Sync
Nov 16, 2012

Wassbix posted:

Does it matter if it's a priest or mystic?

Priest is better because you can just use Kaia's on that big jump that he does, but I suspect either would work especially since you can jump the stun and then iframe the jump. Also, energy stars is probably better since Kelsaik is very crit resistant.

Edit:

Wassbix posted:

Wanderingkid can you provide a good source for the rollable lines on all the gear? I found this but it seems a bit off cause I've seen people with skill CD lines and stuff on their weapons and poo poo https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtkHEYB4mA1PdGtBTng0eUhMbnFkMlRiNFZxYk9XOHc#gid=0.

Line 11 of the spreadsheet shows the skill cd reduction, no? This chart is showing only rerollable lines as far as I can tell, not the ones above the line that come standard with the weapon. There's 3 different versions of the Wonderholme weapons: intense, keen, and quick. Each type has different stats above the line, so for example quick will have cd reduction as a base stat (in addition to other things) and then you can roll another cd reduction for one of the stats below the line for about 15% overall cd reduction. After looking at the weapons on the broker, it looks like I'm not 100% correct here. Not all quick weapons have the cd reduction line, some have attack speed and some other stuff. The priest staff on the broker definitely does. I think vm2 mystic wand has the cd reduction base stat as well, but I'm going off memory here so I can't be sure.

As for a link to what stats come standard with the variations of Wonderholme weapons and vm2 and steadfast, I couldn't help you, but if someone has one I'd love to see it.

Sync fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Oct 20, 2013

WanderingKid
Feb 27, 2005

lives here...
You can solo Kelsaik's Nest (Normal Mode) with a Lancer. You can do it with an Archer too. You need to pay attention to the mechanics and its a little heavy on the consumables side if you want to do a run as fast as or faster than a 2 man can do back to back runs.

Its the best dungeon by far for getting Master Enigmatic Scrolls since you get a minimum of 3 per run, with each run taking approximately 5 to 10 minutes. Rookie buff gives a 4th MES. You get roughly the same amount of Masterwork Alkahest.

On double or triple drop weekends it is by far the best way to stock on hundreds of MES and MW Alk in a short time. Last double drop weekend I was getting 16 MES and 16 MW Alk per 5 minute run. If you spam it alot over double drop weekends you can gear whole characters.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!
Question for yall, has anyone actually seen a 10x bonus in CS. I'm probably close to my 200th game or so and I've gotten two 5x (1.6k Belli and 650 KS ding ding ding ding) but never seen this mythical 10x. At this point I'm wondering if its even real.

Edit: How did the goon CS group go last night Wanderingkid. Also, for gearing up my friend is the gear from Balder's solo pretty good intermediate till he does enough nexus for his Strikeforce.

Wassbix fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Oct 20, 2013

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

Eigo posted:

I really wish they didn't all lose motivation to play after we finally cleared it a couple times. :smith:

Actually what I was disappointed about was how hardcore the other half of the group was. Some wanted to run twice a day everyday while I was content on running it once or twice a week. Then I would get yelled at for "not running with them enough." Then people get mad and when we all run together after we finally beat it, everyone would sound all pissy as if they didn't want to play anymore after beating it once and it ruined any kind of fun I had. Now that I think back about it, MCHM sucks. Thanks ferret for reminding me of repressed MCHM memories.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

I've seen a 10x bonus in FC once. While I was leading. And won. And got max points otherwise.

It owned. 2250 pre-patch credits or something ridiculous.

Straithate
Sep 11, 2001

Bow before the might of the Clarkson!

Wassbix posted:

Question for yall, has anyone actually seen a 10x bonus in CS. I'm probably close to my 200th game or so and I've gotten two 5x (1.6k Belli and 650 KS ding ding ding ding) but never seen this mythical 10x. At this point I'm wondering if its even real.

I have seen it once as well right after CS came out. This is probably after over 1,000+ BGs (Fraywind and CS)...

Vendictus Prime
Feb 28, 2013

Now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.
I am looking for something to replace GW2 and Rift. I love the graphics of Tera but how is the gameplay and the current health of the Tera community? Is it grinding game play for leveling and can it be fully enjoyable gameplay without spending a lot real money from the in-game store?

Vendictus Prime fucked around with this message at 10:47 on Oct 21, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WanderingKid
Feb 27, 2005

lives here...

Velveteen posted:

Actually what I was disappointed about was how hardcore the other half of the group was. Some wanted to run twice a day everyday while I was content on running it once or twice a week. Then I would get yelled at for "not running with them enough." Then people get mad and when we all run together after we finally beat it, everyone would sound all pissy as if they didn't want to play anymore after beating it once and it ruined any kind of fun I had. Now that I think back about it, MCHM sucks. Thanks ferret for reminding me of repressed MCHM memories.

We are super casual. If you wanna MCNM or HM just ask. Me, Sync and Puda are usually game whenever.

CS group did 3 rounds I think. Won all of them.

• Locked thread