Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

He really dives right into that triangle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"
it looks to me like he has just never seen upside down guard.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Xguard86 posted:

it looks to me like he has just never seen upside down guard.

or a toehold

swagger like us
Oct 27, 2005

Don't mind me. We must protect rapists and misogynists from harm. If they're innocent they must not be named. Surely they'll never harm their sleeping, female patients. Watch me defend this in great detail. I am not a mens rights activist either.
The only good thing about being in a big guy division is that theres less and less of that crap and just more gassey lovely wrestling instead.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Just saw this in CineD -- apparently there's a pretty big-budget movie about Mark Schultz coming out soon. Looks pretty intense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zq4kBwbvXck

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

colonel_korn posted:

Just saw this in CineD -- apparently there's a pretty big-budget movie about Mark Schultz coming out soon. Looks pretty intense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zq4kBwbvXck

Looks awesome. Holy poo poo steve carrel.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

quote:

ADCC officials in Brazil confirmed to MMAFighting.com that Palhares was removed from this year’s tournament when he didn’t answer several messages and calls that were made since his controversial submission victory over Mike Pierce at UFC Fight Night 29 in Barueri, Brazil, Oct. 9. Tatame first reported the news.

"He said he would fight depending on how his fight (with Pierce) went," Wagner Gomes, the secretary of ADCC in Brazil, told MMAFighting.com on Tuesday. "I sent him several messages, but he didn’t respond. They wanted him there, but he didn’t reply any of my messages or calls."

According to Gomes, ADCC still wanted Palhares to be part of the tournament despite of what happened during his fight with Pierce.

"They called me and said ‘ask (Palhares) if he still wants to fight," he said.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

dois zero nove

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

ADCC seems to be getting approximately zero buzz this time around, but there are some, uh, interesting names that have been released so far among the usual suspects (they don't seem to have released the names of all the competitors yet which strikes me as kinda dumb given that it's happening this weekend).

quote:

MALE

-65.9 kg
1. Rafael Mendes - Brazil
2. Timo Juhani Hirvikangas - Finland
3. Darson Hemmings - Canada
4. Robert Sabaruddin - Australia
5. Joao Miyao - Brazil
6. Mark Ramos - USA
7. Yuta Sasaki - Japan
8. Rubens Charles - Brazil
9. Nicolas Renier - France
10. Yoshioka Takahito - Japan
11. Baret Yoshida - USA
12. Ricardo Vieira - Brazil
13. Augusto Mendes - Brazil
14. Justin Rader - USA

-76.9 kg
1. Kron Gracie – Brazil
2. Tero Pyylampi - Finland
3. AJ Agazarm - USA
4. Youngnam Noh – Korea
5. Leonardo Nogueira - Brazil
6. Gary Tonon- USA
7. Sotaro Yamada - Japan
8. Andy Wang - Taiwan :allears:
9. Ben Henderson - USA
10. JT Torres - USA
11. Leo Vieira - Brazil
12. Satoru Kitaoka - Japan
13. Eduardo Rios - Norway
14. Lucas Lepri - Brazil

-87.9 kg
1. Lucas Leite – Brazil
2. Oskar Piechota - Poland
3. Keenan Cornelius - USA
4. Doorwang Jeon – Korea
5. Claudio Calazans - Brazil
6. Josh Hayden - USA
7. Shinsho Anzai - Japan
8. Rustam Chsiev - Russia
9. Rafael Lavato Jr. - USA
10. Clark Gracie - USA
11. David Avellan - USA
12. Romulo Barral - Brazil
13. Kim Dong - Korea
14. Rodrigo Caporal - Brazil

-98.9 kg
1. Dean Lister – USA
2. Tomasz Narkun - Poland
3. Mikael Knutsson - Sweden
4. Allan Drueco - Philippines
5. Abdula Isaev - Dagestan
6. James Puopolo - USA
7. Yukiyasu Ozawa - Japan
8. Kamil Uminski - Poland
9. Cristiano Lazzarini - Brazil
10. Henry Jorge Martin Ottaviano - Argentina
11. Alan Belcher - USA
12. Ezra Lenon - USA
13. Jia Jing yang - China
14. Joao Assis - Brazil

+99 kg
1. Vinny Magalhaes – Brazil
2. Antwain Britt – USA
3. Wang Yan Bo - China
4. Jared Dopp - USA
5. Michael Wilson - Australia
6. Robby Donofrio - USA
7. Hideki Sekine - Japan
8. Janne Pietilainen - Finland
9. Marcus Almeida "Buchecha" - Brazil
10. Kitner Mendoga - Brazil
11. Roberto "Cyborg" Abreu - Brazil
12. Orlando Sanchez - USA
13. Joao Gabriel de Olivera - Brazil
14. Mike Martelle - Canada

FEMALE

-60 kg
1. Yan Liu – China
2. Ana Michelle Tavares - Brazil
3. Nyjah Easton - USA
4. Laura Hondorp - Netherlands
5. Luanna Alzuguir - Brazil
6. Michelle Nicolini - Brazil
7. Seiko Yamamoto - Japan
8. Kristina Barlaan - USA

+60 kg
1. Gabrielle Garcia – Brazil
2. Fernanda Mazelli – Brazil
3. Tara White - USA
4. Yurika Nakakura - Japan
5. Ida Hansson - Sweden
6. Maria Malyjasiak - Poland
7. Penny Thomas - South Africa
8. Tammy Griego - Brazil

SUPERFIGHTS

Braulio Estima – Brazil
Andre Galvao – Brazil
Mario Sperry – Brazil
Fabio Gurgel – Brazil

Buchecha vs Vinny would own a lot as a HW final. Also maybe Kitaoka can carry the flag for leglock fetishists this year instead of Palhares. Oh, and Alan Belcher is in it for some reason :confused:

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
No Rodolfo?

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Guess they had to ban Brendan Schaub from the event, otherwise he would have shut the whole thing down.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

Dangersim posted:

No Rodolfo?

knee injury

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004

colonel_korn posted:

(they don't seem to have released the names of all the competitors yet which strikes me as kinda dumb given that it's happening this weekend).

Jeremy York (USA) will be one of the additional names in (I guess) 88kg. He trains at Robby Donofrio's gym (who is competing at unlimited).

e: turns out he's at 99kg

Kekekela fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Oct 16, 2013

Opal
May 10, 2005

some by their splendor rival the colors of the painters, others the flame of burning sulphur or of fire quickened by oil.
It's a shame the women's division is such a joke due to lack of competitors. Gabi Garcia at +60? Come on. Poor Ida Hansson.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

the least weasel posted:

It's a shame the women's division is such a joke due to lack of competitors. Gabi Garcia at +60? Come on. Poor Ida Hansson.

Hannette Staack getting banned for questioning the Sheikh's decision to cut them down to two weight classes is some serious bullshit.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

fatherdog posted:

ADCC, everybody.

Julio Cesar Fatass
Jul 24, 2007

"...."
Goddamit Rousimar. :reject:

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004
ADCC names updated... http://www.adcombat.com/adcc-worlds-2013-competitors-names-update

Kekekela fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Oct 16, 2013

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll

Julio Cesar Fatass posted:

Goddamit Rousimar. :reject:

Just waiting for confirmation that his coach finally put him down Ol' Yeller style.

Opal
May 10, 2005

some by their splendor rival the colors of the painters, others the flame of burning sulphur or of fire quickened by oil.
Well at least I get to stare at Popovitch's fabulous torso now.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

MMAMania posted:

It's not that "Toquinho" doesn't want to talk, he just doesn't know how to take someone off hold.

I'll admit, I chuckled.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Brackets are up.

My teammate who's competing has Kitaoka in the first round; good thing he's been drilling leglocks.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

fatherdog posted:

Brackets are up.

My teammate who's competing has Kitaoka in the first round; good thing he's been drilling leglocks.

That should be a cool match. Tonon's pace is pretty impressive and fun to watch.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009
Clark vs. Keenan looks like the most interesting of the opening rounders, well except of course for Wang vs. Kron.

Edit: So, Alan Belcher is not competing after all?

Sprecherscrow fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Oct 18, 2013

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Tezcatlipoca posted:

That should be a cool match. Tonon's pace is pretty impressive and fun to watch.

Yeah, if Kitaoka doesn't catch him early Garry's going to cardio him into the ground.

widunder
May 2, 2002
So Keenan beat Clark, did anyone watch?

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

fatherdog posted:

Yeah, if Kitaoka doesn't catch him early Garry's going to cardio him into the ground.

Oh man. He was the most fun guy to watch in that BJJ Kumite thing. Going to be watching that.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Neurosis posted:

Oh man. He was the most fun guy to watch in that BJJ Kumite thing. Going to be watching that.

I guess he beat Kitaoka and ended up fighting Kron afterwards, pretty awesome match.

http://bjjfights.com/kron-gracie-vs-gary-tonon-adcc-2013/

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

colonel_korn posted:

I guess he beat Kitaoka and ended up fighting Kron afterwards, pretty awesome match.

Fatherdog, start laying the foundation for Gary to fight Imanari.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Here's Buchecha vs Cyborg. Not an amazing amazing match but it still blows my mind how fast Buchecha is when he needs to be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONKKiYoEXvM

Also pretty safe to say that the venue they chose this year was a mistake, boy is that ever pathetic.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Got my first amatuer Judo competition on the 9th. I am so going to die.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
i don't know if the venue was the problem. they did like 0 marketing/advertising for this

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Sprecherscrow posted:

Clark vs. Keenan looks like the most interesting of the opening rounders, well except of course for Wang vs. Kron.

Edit: So, Alan Belcher is not competing after all?

Visa problems kept him in the U.S.

Dante
Feb 8, 2003

Whelp Kron ran through that event, but you should have the fast forward button primed for most of it. I hope he sticks with grappling instead of becoming another elite grappler/gracie spending 3 years training for MMA only to prove a solid BJJ background isn't enough anymore. Also I hope I never see Mendes and Cobrinha fight again jesus christ.

Overall the event was okay, but dear lord I hope the saudi prince or whoever really owns ADCC throws the people behind every decision leading up to this event in a dungeon.

Dante fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Oct 22, 2013

Julio Cesar Fatass
Jul 24, 2007

"...."

david carmichael posted:

i don't know if the venue was the problem. they did like 0 marketing/advertising for this

THe whole event feels like the organizer was forced into holding it to secure his childrens' safe release

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

I do this technique called a suplex. You probably haven't heard of it, it's pretty obscure.

colonel_korn posted:

The furious armbar no-sell at 4:30 is pretty amazing.

widunder
May 2, 2002
ADCC results. I haven't seen it, but Keenan beating Dean Lister is really something.

http://www.bjjheroes.com/bjj-news/adcc-2013-results

E: Here it is http://youtu.be/0ZtnKthIG-0

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"
I recall a goon saying that last time Dean decided to show up for ADDCC at the last minute with no training or even much moderate exercise. Maybe he did it again this year.

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

Xguard86 posted:

I recall a goon saying that last time Dean decided to show up for ADDCC at the last minute with no training or even much moderate exercise. Maybe he did it again this year.

Perhaps past success has gone to his head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Xguard86 posted:

Mardragon, iirc.