Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
macnbc
Dec 13, 2006

brb, time travelin'

orcane posted:

Grindy events are the best events. I guess I won't even bother :(

Is the previous stages' lore still available?

I'm interested in knowing this too if anyone else knows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

I started playing after the horse heads so I have to solace myself with unicorn head instead :(

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Mercurius posted:

I started playing after the horse heads so I have to solace myself with unicorn head instead :(

It's OK that's my animal mask of choice and I have the horse head.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Cheston and I know what's up. We showed up to a pubbie raid dressed like this. May I introduce you to the Tankitecht and the Healchitect.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)

Len posted:

Cheston and I know what's up. We showed up to a pubbie raid dressed like this. May I introduce you to the Tankitecht and the Healchitect.

On the pubbie raid, we both tanked, so we went by War Horse and War Horse 2. And then we one-shotted it :(

Our next raid is at the usual time, I guess. Please try to be there, at it.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Cheston posted:

On the pubbie raid, we both tanked, so we went by War Horse and War Horse 2. And then we one-shotted it :(

Our next raid is at the usual time, I guess. Please try to be there, at it.

That's because we're bad enough dudes to kill an unuterrable lurker.

WhiteBoyShuffle
Nov 1, 2004
http://www.thesecretworld.com/news/the_augment_system

Just saw this on my FB feed. Seems pretty interesting addition to help buff abilities.

Quest question about end game gearing. Are NMs still the way to go to get the 10.x gear, and do they still have the 18 hour lockout on them? Been itching to get back into it as Eloelle, but now my playing time kind of changed not sure if playing later on in the day would hinder my chance to get into 18/18 and later NM dungeons.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

WhiteBoyShuffle posted:

http://www.thesecretworld.com/news/the_augment_system

Just saw this on my FB feed. Seems pretty interesting addition to help buff abilities.

Quest question about end game gearing. Are NMs still the way to go to get the 10.x gear, and do they still have the 18 hour lockout on them? Been itching to get back into it as Eloelle, but now my playing time kind of changed not sure if playing later on in the day would hinder my chance to get into 18/18 and later NM dungeons.

What is later in the day for you? The goon presence has pretty much died (on Mumble at least) and we do our 18s around 7 or 8 est. The goon cabals are pretty dead too. Yet we seem to have a bunch of people who never show up to raids Sunday and Thursday at 9pm eat posting in this thread.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Maybe they're European or something, 3am isn't so hot for us :haw:

WhiteBoyShuffle
Nov 1, 2004
Usually around 8-9pm CST, depending on what is going on. Sometimes I get a day off of work during the week and could be on during most of the day then.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

orcane posted:

Maybe they're European or something, 3am isn't so hot for us :haw:

Orcane you know I wasn't talking about you. I was talking about the large number of newbies we get who talk about being unable to find groups yet never show up in Mumble.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Len posted:

Orcane you know I wasn't talking about you. I was talking about the large number of newbies we get who talk about being unable to find groups yet never show up in Mumble.
Yeah I meant that as in, maybe the newbies are European. If they're not though, their own drat fault. Even with Euro TZ it's possible to get goon 18s in, but without Mumble the chance of that is just zero.

So, new goons trying out TSW, join Mumble. You don't even need a mic, idling and using Mumble chat works for basic grouping.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

orcane posted:

Yeah I meant that as in, maybe the newbies are European. If they're not though, their own drat fault. Even with Euro TZ it's possible to get goon 18s in, but without Mumble the chance of that is just zero.

So, new goons trying out TSW, join Mumble. You don't even need a mic, idling and using Mumble chat works for basic grouping.
There's a decent presence of AU/NZ people who hang out there as well, plus you get to hear drunk Cheston telling stories at 4am US time :v:

Eat Bum Zen
Jul 19, 2013

*mumbles*
Rated T for Teen
Any way to give this game a shot before I shell out any cash for it?

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Eat Bum Zen posted:

Register a 72 hour buddy code on http://register.thesecretworld.com/:
code:
AN8ES2ADXFCQM6F9H6XC
The client download is also on the account page, the download is like 16 GB, installed the client takes over 30 though. The 72 hours start counting when you log in for the first time.

orcane fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Oct 16, 2013

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Eat Bum Zen posted:

Just don't rely on the awful chat mentioned in the op to find groups or advice. Mumble is the way to go you'll almost always find people there.

Len fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Oct 16, 2013

Eat Bum Zen
Jul 19, 2013

*mumbles*
Rated T for Teen

orcane posted:

Register a 72 hour buddy code on http://register.thesecretworld.com/:
code:
AN8ES2ADXFCQM6F9H6XC
The client download is also on the account page, the download is like 16 GB, installed the client takes over 30 though. The 72 hours start counting when you log in for the first time.

Need to re-download TERA but tomorrow I'll have it, thanks

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I hope Tokyo has a dungeon as fun as Ankh. That's easily my favorite dungeon to tank because I have to actually do things instead of stand in one spot and I really hope they make more like it.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Len posted:

I hope Tokyo has a dungeon as fun as Ankh. That's easily my favorite dungeon to tank because I have to actually do things instead of stand in one spot and I really hope they make more like it.

I'm hoping that if we get more dungeons, there'll be another one like Facility. I really liked that about half of the 'bosses' in that dungeon aren't linear 'here's a dude, kill the dude' fights.

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
Hella good runs tonight. Great work.

Rhan apparently still needs Ankh MP -- he showed up like 10mins after we finished -- so hopefully y'all are down to do that again for him.

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

Cleretic posted:

I'm hoping that if we get more dungeons, there'll be another one like Facility. I really liked that about half of the 'bosses' in that dungeon aren't linear 'here's a dude, kill the dude' fights.

As long as there's no sequel to Contact Core.

I'm not sure if you've ever done that fight with above-average latency but Jesus Christ it's an abomination.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

guppy posted:

Rhan apparently still needs Ankh MP -- he showed up like 10mins after we finished -- so hopefully y'all are down to do that again for him.

You know me, I'm always down for Anhk, ze zymbol of rebirth ,ze schwartz mirage in the desert ze cradle of filth. Best dungeon in the game.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

guppy posted:

I need Ankh as well, count me in for good times.

Nostalgia4ColdWar
May 7, 2007

Good people deserve good things.

Till someone lets the winter in and the dying begins, because Old Dark Places attract Old Dark Things.

Nostalgia4ColdWar fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Mar 31, 2017

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

50 Foot Ant posted:

I'm thinking of coming back soon.

You guys still on Mumble?

No, we all quit. Something about being on strike until conditions improve in the game.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

50 Foot Ant posted:

I'm thinking of coming back soon.

You guys still on Mumble?

I'm thinking of making a return as well; I'll grab my buddy and we can make a team of bad players if you want.

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob

HughGRect posted:

I need Ankh as well, count me in for good times.

Really? I thought you had Warchitect. Well, okay.

The necessary participant here is really Platbeard, none of us can be hosed to deal with the annoyance that is tanking it. He's got it down perfectly though. As long as you don't let him eating during the run.

Ralts and other guy I don't know, yes, we're still around, but not all of us idle in Mumble. Most of the regulars have each other friended on Steam and we pester each other there if we need warm bodies. Mumble is a good first stop though.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

guppy posted:

Really? I thought you had Warchitect. Well, okay.

Surprisingly enough, I don't have many MP's completed. I know I am missing Ankh, Facility, Laughter House and Hell Raised

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
Facility is a goddamned nightmare, no pun intended. The rest should be no big deal, we can help with those pretty easily.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

HughGRect posted:

Surprisingly enough, I don't have many MP's completed. I know I am missing Ankh, Facility, Laughter House and Hell Raised

I have time both before and after the raid if we can actually get five for dungeons. I'm game for all but Facility for sure.

Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

Maybe if I actually played Mafia, I'd get a better gift from my Mafia Secret Santa. :(
I'd like to do Slaughter House at some point for the cool outfit. I don't have HE either, but people don't like running it very much and the outfit isn't as nice.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Zephonith posted:

I'd like to do Slaughter House at some point for the cool outfit. I don't have HE either, but people don't like running it very much and the outfit isn't as nice.

I can't actually offer my help there. When I did HF it was when it was still buggy as gently caress and fight three got skipped. I haven't gone in proper yet.

Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

Maybe if I actually played Mafia, I'd get a better gift from my Mafia Secret Santa. :(
Not Hell Fallen, Hell Eternal. I definitely don't expect anyone to want to do Facility or Hell Fallen Master Planner.

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

College Slice
HE wasn't that hard I recall, just slower since you had to keep contortionist slotted.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

Zephonith posted:

Not Hell Fallen, Hell Eternal. I definitely don't expect anyone to want to do Facility or Hell Fallen Master Planner.

I'll totally do Hell Fallen Master Planner. I just won't want to do it again for seven months.

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

:siren: The next phase of dungeon content for the event is up. :siren:

It's a 5-man dungeon, which also comes with a bonus NM difficulty setting! Hooray!

Clairetic
Nov 3, 2008

I don't even know my own credit card information.
On the topic of Facility: please teach me how to not wipe to filthy russians over and over again. I even slotted amor fati so that I can guarantee a hit with chaotic pull, yet I still can't quite position them right.

The first 4 are definitely healtankdpsable in a consistent build however!

I will come bother you in Mumble at some ungodly hour again probably. I will also help people do masterplanners; I'm only missing Hell "Buggy And Difficult Instance That Only Yields 10BB" Fallen now.

Clairetic fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Oct 18, 2013

Allatum
Feb 20, 2008

Pillbug

Brain In A Jar posted:

:siren: The next phase of dungeon content for the event is up. :siren:

It's a 5-man dungeon, which also comes with a bonus NM difficulty setting! Hooray!

They're quick and easy. the normal one will get you 2 fragments, the NM will get you 3. Both are on thirty minute cooldowns as well, and it shouldn't take more than 10 to blow through them.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Clairetic posted:

On the topic of Facility: please teach me how to not wipe to filthy russians over and over again. I even slotted amor fati so that I can guarantee a hit with chaotic pull, yet I still can't quite position them right.

The first 4 are definitely healtankdpsable in a consistent build however!

I will come bother you in Mumble at some ungodly hour again probably. I will also help people do masterplanners; I'm only missing Hell "Buggy And Difficult Instance That Only Yields 10BB" Fallen now.

1) What's your hit rating?
2) Are you taking fever pitch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

If people want to do a blind run of the (probably easy) Nightmare filth thingy, I'll be avoiding it for the next few hours. You know who you are, mumble crew.

• Locked thread