Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Dammit I figured duffleblog as soon as I posted that.

It's not duffleblog but a different site. It's linked in the army thread, too, iirc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Dammit I figured duffleblog as soon as I posted that.

I was hoping duffelblog, but half the time I can't tell.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Here's the source. Obviously not legit.

http://hitthewoodline.com/satura/2013/10/17/newest-medal-of-honor-recipient-told-to-cut-his-hair

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Godholio posted:

I was hoping duffelblog, but half the time I can't tell.

Poe's law, etc etc.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

thehumandignity posted:

Poe's law, etc etc.

Particularly given the gently caress-gently caress games the Army has played with him over the aftermath of the incident and over the award process.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...1153_story.html

joat mon fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Oct 18, 2013

Whipped Buttcheeks
Jul 25, 2007
Chairborne Ranger
I never bought fast food on post unless it was something I could absolutely not get on the economy (like the Chili's on Ramstein). The food tastes fresher off post. maybe the Germans use master racey livestock, whatever the difference was it was noticeable.

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice

Signaleer posted:

I never bought fast food on post unless it was something I could absolutely not get on the economy (like the Chili's on Ramstein). The food tastes fresher off post. maybe the Germans use master racey livestock, whatever the difference was it was noticeable.

Mad cow best cow

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Remember, the Air Force turns soooooo many people away. Those who get let in are the best of the best. This retard was in my basic flight, and then in the same training squadron in tech school. Somebody thought it would be a good idea to let him in even though he already had a felony charge that was was later lessened, but what possible harm could recruiting someone with a history of credit card fraud have? He got kicked out for a multitude of reasons, the last being trying to walk back onto Keesler drunk, underage, with a bunch of spice on his person. Only after wasting 6 months or so of resources on him, then having to waste more finding someone to replace him.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

The punishment for spice should be far greater than the punishment for real drugs because have some self-respect, jesus.

Inhalants of course should result in immediate execution.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Best Friends posted:

The punishment for spice should be far greater than the punishment for real drugs because have some self-respect, jesus.

Pain by nerve induction? :v:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Kavak posted:

Pain by nerve induction? :v:

An ADSC extension.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Apparently the ten year prison sentence he's serving right now is because he was stealing poo poo to buy drugs with, so a real winner. Or prohibition related poverty if you ask TCC.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Casimir Radon posted:

Apparently the ten year prison sentence he's serving right now is because he was stealing poo poo to buy drugs with, so a real winner. Or prohibition related poverty if you ask TCC.

Is that what prohibition related poverty is? I've been trying to figure it out but google isn't helpful.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Is that what prohibition related poverty is? I've been trying to figure it out but google isn't helpful.

It was word vomit by an idiot poster about how the man is keeping poor meth addicts down so they can't make and afford the good poo poo which has no bad symptoms or health effects, I guess

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Remember now, anyone who dares to criticize drug use is a raving alcoholic.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Casimir Radon posted:

Remember now, anyone who dares to criticize drug use is a raving alcoholic.

In this forum that's probably true.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Best Friends posted:

Inhalants of course should result in immediate execution.

Still find it hilarious that a FGO (O-5 IIRC) died huffing canned air in Iraq.

e: Nope it was a full bird.

iyaayas01 fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Oct 19, 2013

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

iyaayas01 posted:

While I was in Afghanistan an E-7 died huffing duster.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Pesticide20 posted:

Fiver says he still got a BSM/MSM.

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?

Pesticide20 posted:

There was an E6 in the Motor-T section who 1. Lost his sidearm. It was 'gone' when he woke up from a nap in his office. This got a lot clearer when it came out that 2. he got caught huffing duster. His punishment? Reduction to sergeant and going home early.

Painsaw
Jul 3, 2008

Butts lol

iyaayas01 posted:

Yep I remember that. Idiot officer kills himself with duster, they ban canned air from anyone E5 and below.

Many an xbox died that day.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Admiral Bosch posted:

There was an E6 in the Motor-T section who 1. Lost his sidearm. It was 'gone' when he woke up from a nap in his office. This got a lot clearer when it came out that 2. he got caught huffing duster. His punishment? Reduction to sergeant and going home early.

I may have told this story, in this very thread maybe, but anyway. We had an E5p on KAF who left his M4 on the roof of a hilux and drove off. He noticed it was missing that night but didn't say poo poo. It was found out when the MPs returned it...minus the sight, PEQ, etc. He lost his promotable status and basically got shamed out. The PSG in charge got a GOMAR which sucks, because he was really cool.

Ignoranceisbliss88
Jun 9, 2012

by Pipski

Painsaw posted:

Yep I remember that. Idiot officer kills himself with duster, they ban canned air from anyone E5 and below.

Many an xbox died that day.

I remember being woken in the middle of the night on New Years in Iraq at our tiny BP by a few NCOS in a rage. It turns out someone somewhere in the regiment had been busted huffing air. Our brilliant NCOs immediately decided to conduct a health and comfort inspection and tear our rooms apart. Since they found nothing they decided we had to be punished. They took 28 out of the 30 E-3s and below at our BP to fill sand bags around the perimeter of our UXO pit....by hand. I ushered in the year 2008 with 30 Marines piled around about 50 155mm shells and 2 tons of HME, illuminated by half a dozen surefires, 30 miles "outside the wire." With a single burst of an AK or a hand grenade the insurgents could have taken out an entire platoon.

Stupid people are everywhere but nowhere but the military do stupid people get such power.

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Vasudus posted:

Fiver says he still got a BSM/MSM.

A dead guy would do a better job than most.

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.
A guy I'm in Manas with right now got busted drinking downtown about a month before he leaves. Not like, slipping in a drink or two early in the day and letting it wear off before he came back in the gate so nobody would notice. Like, got driven back to the gate, refused a breathalyzer and eventually got a mandatory blood test three hours or so later and still had over a .08% BAC. Motherfucker must have just lined up shots. So he gets busted a stripe, restricted from drinking at all for the rest of the TDY and generally becomes the SNCO\officer's personal bitch.

Less than two weeks before he leaves, same guy gets poo poo-hammered again. Presumably off contraband poo poo because A, you can't get drunk off of two half-liter beers, I've loving tried my rear end off, and B, they wouldn't sell to him anyway since he got his dumbass blacklisted. His roommate, who is also his supervisor and the one who had to lead him through the original Article 15, wakes up to find him half naked in the room, pissing on the inside of his door and all over the floor. He then tried to wipe it up off the floor with his pillow :gonk:

I don't know if he's an idiot or a hero.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Wild T posted:

Hero

Mr. Samuel Shitley
Jun 15, 2007

by XyloJW
Herodiot

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011

Wild T posted:

Serves him right for not being a SMSgt which gives you the awesome privileges of letting you and your buddies get in the shared van wasted and stumble through the front gate no problem. Then you roll out of your office with a half buttoned blouse and no hat and hold us in dress right dress while you scream at us about how we are all inexcusable pieces of poo poo and should "get the gently caress out of your Air Force" . After this you go to the bar on base and and somehow get dunk enough off two drinks ( yeah right ) that you piss off the balcony in front of half the base.

This is all swept under the rug until you've done it so many times that the number of junior enlisted you've threatened about ratting on your off base drinking is so many that they finally get forced to do something about it.

That's when you find out you can't drink all the time and treat people like poo poo constantly so you say gently caress this and get on a plane and straight up leave the country with like almost a month left of your deployment. We think they still nailed him with the Article 15 because on the global next to his old account is an account with ONE whole rank lower.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Ya my last squadron had the superintendent get away with an on-base DUI. Dunno if the cop was his buddy or what.

Nostalgia4ColdWar
May 7, 2007

Good people deserve good things.

Till someone lets the winter in and the dying begins, because Old Dark Places attract Old Dark Things.

Nostalgia4ColdWar fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Mar 31, 2017

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Peace time Army sounds a lot like war time Marines

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

holocaust bloopers posted:

Ya my last squadron had the superintendent get away with an on-base DUI. Dunno if the cop was his buddy or what.

Dude AWACS had a guy make O-5 with three active duty DUIs.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

SNCO of year basewide for 2012 has 3 DUIs. When he gets number 4, and chances are that he will, it goes to state level.

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011
How many DUIs can you rack up? Is it supposed to be a commander discretion deal with what they do with you? If you just keep getting them it's eventually has to go beyond the squadron level right?

Also with drug use I know it's supposed to not be commander discretion and a straight ticket out but there are people out there who have popped hot not just once but apparently twice out there. I don't know if they're still coming up with a punishment for the second one but as far as I know all all he's gotten so far is a stripe taken away for the first one.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Cenen posted:

How many DUIs can you rack up? Is it supposed to be a commander discretion deal with what they do with you? If you just keep getting them it's eventually has to go beyond the squadron level right?

Also with drug use I know it's supposed to not be commander discretion and a straight ticket out but there are people out there who have popped hot not just once but apparently twice out there. I don't know if they're still coming up with a punishment for the second one but as far as I know all all he's gotten so far is a stripe taken away for the first one.

Back in the days we were fighting two wars I saw a few people get multiple article 15s a year for drugs. They'd just get knocked down a rank, do extra duty for a month or so, and then do it all over again. NCOs got GOMARs for DUIs, lower enlisted just got demoted, and you could probably get a couple if your command liked you.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Cenen posted:

Can't recall probably 5 and then you're automatically done, it gets briefed once a year. It's pretty infuriating because I had a coworker kill himself after getting one last year, and this clown racks up 3 with no consequences.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Depending on your command and the year, one and done. It was like that on Carson in 2006, they had a whole platoon of dudes in my medsep unit for it.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Vasudus posted:

Depending on your command and the year, one and done.

This is the general trend in the Air Force...the guy I mentioned was a Weapons School grad (AF version of Top Gun) and had friends with rank.

Sacrilage
Feb 11, 2012

It will burn the eyes.

Vasudus posted:

Depending on your command and the year, one and done. It was like that on Carson in 2006, they had a whole platoon of dudes in my medsep unit for it.

Like all things in the military, I have a feeling manning levels play a big deal in this. We had 4 guys do something very, very hosed up on our sub; three got the immediate boot, because their rating was overmanned, and one just got shuffled into another sub that needed the billet filled. Bullshit, per usual.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

We had people doing opium but not much happened because you can't give an entire company the boot while you're in afghanistan.