Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

horriblePencilist posted:

Pretty sure Bulbasaur can learn False Swipe and Sleeping Powder, so that's an easier option.

Bulbasaur can not learn false swipe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Strange Quark posted:

I thought Skiddo was kind of fun. :shobon:

That one was fun but it was also completely pointless. The ones you're required to do are terrible.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

From what I've read, level 30 Audinos give 3000 EXP before Lucky Egg or the Experience O-power so yes, Audinos in the friend safari means leveling the poo poo out of pokemon.

Which means I must have your safari so I can level the poo poo out of my Pokemon. My code is 0533-5313-8152. I have no idea what's in my Safari but I do make a lot of eggs of neat things. Like Modest Serene Grace Togepi and Adamant Huge Power Marril with Aqua Jet so far. Ingame name is Old Man because I've had my coffee.

Man you can get Belly Drum AND Aqua Jet on your Marill now, get on that.

Adding you, as well as No. I too want in on Audino action.

Feel free others to add me as well! I've got Kecleons, Dunsparces and Eeevees in my Safari!

My FC is 3265-6328-7842.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

I think when the pokemon is jumping in the Super training screen it means using that pokemon to hit the basic bag has a higher chance of "finding" bags. A team flare bag gives you the same thing, I believe. Not sure if it means anything else.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
Is it just mine being horrible or does Dragalage kinda suck in battle? He seems fragile and doesn't seem to do enough damage despite knowing Thunderbolt, Surf, Sludge Bomb, and Dragon Pulse (eventually).

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Terper posted:

:aaaaa:

Where's that giant :aaaaa: made of smaller :aaaaa:? Because the legendary ancient dream has finally come true!!

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Oh poo poo, I just remembered Breloom can also learn Swords Dance (although I'm not sure if it can without a Gen V transfer). So yeah if you don't need Mean Look then a Technician Breloom with False Swipe, Spore, and Swords Dance is probably gonna be the king of capturing. We just need somebody with a Breloom Friend Safari willing to be online forever. :getin:

y_3
Aug 18, 2010

No posted:

Alright added you all but then got bored of copying and pasting! Apparently my Safari has Ursarings and Audinos (does this mean people can level the poo poo out of their Pokemon in my safari??). Thanks to the goon who let me know! I don't yet know who the third 'mon is.

1521-3674-8737, IGN and Friends list name are both Jenn because I am creative.

Added you in case you're still adding friend codes. Mine is 5343-8902-3671, ign y3

y_3 fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Oct 18, 2013

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

myron cope posted:

I think when the pokemon is jumping in the Super training screen it means using that pokemon to hit the basic bag has a higher chance of "finding" bags. A team flare bag gives you the same thing, I believe. Not sure if it means anything else.

That is true. An NPC in one of the many cafes tells you as much.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

No posted:

Alright added you all but then got bored of copying and pasting! Apparently my Safari has Ursarings and Audinos (does this mean people can level the poo poo out of their Pokemon in my safari??). Thanks to the goon who let me know! I don't yet know who the third 'mon is.

Yowzers! I don't have access to Friend Safari yet but if you have Audinos I definitely want in on that. My FC is 2406-5135-4070, IGN Serena.

Blaine the Train
Aug 18, 2006
Choo choo, pardner.
Do the trash bins in Lost Hotel and Pokemon Village only wiggle once a day or something? I've been running back and forth for like half an hour trying to get 'em to shake again. I'm never gonna find a Trubbish at this rate. :(

y_3
Aug 18, 2010

myron cope posted:

I believe it makes each hit count for more. Unless I was hallucinating, I was beating up bags way more quickly, including the lovely friendship bag that takes forever.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
Is there a thread for this friend code stuff? I'd like to get more safaris. Unfortunately mine is Fairy and has Dedenne and Spritzee :geno:

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Nakar posted:

Oh poo poo, I just remembered Breloom can also learn Swords Dance (although I'm not sure if it can without a Gen V transfer). So yeah if you don't need Mean Look then a Technician Breloom with False Swipe, Spore, and Swords Dance is probably gonna be the king of capturing. We just need somebody with a Breloom Friend Safari willing to be online forever. :getin:

I have a friend who has a Breloom in his Safari, but he's not a goon and I'm positive his list is full. What I could do is take a Synchronize pokemon of whatever nature you think would be best and catch several, then distribute them to people for breeding if people are really in need of them.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

:aaaaa:

Where's that giant :aaaaa: made of smaller :aaaaa:? Because the legendary ancient dream has finally come true!!

Males and females both pass down moves, Destiny Knot passes down 5 IVs, all babby pokemon found in the wild have 3 perfect IVs, safari pokemon have really good IVs, Super Training, it's a breeding dream this game. :pcgaming:

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
Posted this in the trading thread in PGS, but:

nutranurse posted:

So I'm breeding Zorua and infecting them with Pokerus. PM me or something if you'd like one!

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

No posted:

I registered you. I think I've got Ghost or something.

3110-4382-9306

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

sword_man.gif posted:

Is there a thread for this friend code stuff? I'd like to get more safaris. Unfortunately mine is Fairy and has Dedenne and Spritzee :geno:

Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AiGAq6LFMm6RdHlEU09XLVRXMnJXUFhGZC1uWjFnZlE#gid=0

I color coded the types so they're easier to find and lets us keep the list alphabetical.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
I've got a great set-up for catching imposter dittos by using a Kirlia with Heal Pulse/Psych Up/Fling/Rest holding a smoke ball. If your Kirlia has Trace it helps finding the hidden ability of the other two pokemon in the zone and if it has Synchronize it makes finding the nature you want easy.

LeafyGreens
May 9, 2009

the elegant cephalopod

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Is it just mine being horrible or does Dragalage kinda suck in battle? He seems fragile and doesn't seem to do enough damage despite knowing Thunderbolt, Surf, Sludge Bomb, and Dragon Pulse (eventually).

My Dragalgae has exactly the same set up and he really pulls his weight on my team, and can usually tank 2 or 3 supereffective hits before he goes down. Though I agree he's a bit slow and can't always kill stuff fast enough. I'd be determined to use him even if he did suck, he's just so beautiful :allears:

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

I have a friend who has a Breloom in his Safari, but he's not a goon and I'm positive his list is full. What I could do is take a Synchronize pokemon of whatever nature you think would be best and catch several, then distribute them to people for breeding if people are really in need of them.
Catch a Technician; it's the hidden ability I believe. Adamant or Jolly nature, the main thing is getting Technician from him and distributing it. I'll PM you my FC info and will get to work making this thing happen (then Wonder Trading and regular trading the result).

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Strange Quark posted:

Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AiGAq6LFMm6RdHlEU09XLVRXMnJXUFhGZC1uWjFnZlE#gid=0

I color coded the types so they're easier to find and lets us keep the list alphabetical.

Ah alright, I'll add myself to it when I get home and have my DS in front of me.

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...

Nakar posted:

Oh poo poo, I just remembered Breloom can also learn Swords Dance (although I'm not sure if it can without a Gen V transfer). So yeah if you don't need Mean Look then a Technician Breloom with False Swipe, Spore, and Swords Dance is probably gonna be the king of capturing.

I've got a Doublade with False Swipe and Sword Dance. Now I'm wondering if it has a paralyze or sleep.

Not in its normal learnset, and not in TM.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

I just tossed False Swipe on the Drapion I'm using for cut/strength/rock smash. Works well enough.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
How come every time I log in to the PGL it wants me to verify my account information and agree to the TOS, even though I already did it multiple times? Also

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Anyone got an Eelektross? Could really use a dude like him to even out my squad.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Solus posted:

This picture explains how to make the best one.

Haha, "rape you to death". Some of that classic gamer humor so enjoyed about these parts.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Octolady posted:

My Dragalgae has exactly the same set up and he really pulls his weight on my team, and can usually tank 2 or 3 supereffective hits before he goes down. Though I agree he's a bit slow and can't always kill stuff fast enough. I'd be determined to use him even if he did suck, he's just so beautiful :allears:

Yeah I use Dragalge too and he's been a pretty solid team member for me. (Though I have Toxic in place of Thunderbolt)

Diamond Joe Biden
Dec 29, 2009

by Cowcaster

No posted:

DapperDuck posted:

Also added these folks, be sure to add me back! :)

Game name: Chris
FC: 0963-0268-9271

Fanzay posted:

Once I'm done with E4 and stuff, I'm going to infect a whole buncha mons with my active pokerus Gardevoir, so if any of you kind goons and goonettes want pokerus, add me:

0817-5173-0990
IGN: Iain, the friend list name is Fanzay.

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

I passed the E4 and need Safari confirmation so I can be disappointed and hand out endless bergmites to my friend's list

2595 0484 3505

OT: Mike

Millions posted:

Added you guys, my FC is 5300-9018-9920. I've got Dark.

nutranurse posted:

Added y'all to my friends list, my FC is 4828-4215-3248

I'm not sure what's in my safari zone and would love to know.

Terper posted:

Adding you, as well as No. I too want in on Audino action.

Feel free others to add me as well! I've got Kecleons, Dunsparces and Eeevees in my Safari!

My FC is 3265-6328-7842.

Added all of you, my friend code is 3136-6572-4849 and my OT is AJ. I have no idea what's in mine though

Coldstone Cream-my-pants
Jun 21, 2007
Is it worth giving Vitamins to my team if they're all like level 50 or 60? From what I understand it only increases the stat gain from leveling up which I will obviously be doing less and less.

Is all the EV/IV stuff just for raising the perfect Pokemon from scratch?

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013

Strange Quark posted:

Could you add me to that list? My friend code is 4854-6458-3581 and my ingame and 3DS names are both Montie. I have PMs so if anyone here wants to add me as well just shoot me one (or post if you don't have one). If someone could check what's in my Friend Safari, that'd be cool too.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Nakar posted:

Catch a Technician; it's the hidden ability I believe. Adamant or Jolly nature, the main thing is getting Technician from him and distributing it. I'll PM you my FC info and will get to work making this thing happen (then Wonder Trading and regular trading the result).

Alright, I'll go in there and catch several, then trade an Adamant Technician one your way. It might take a bit, though.

Edit: Saw your PM, responded to it. I won't worry about nature since you're gonna breed it.

Shadow Ninja 64 fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Oct 18, 2013

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Alright, I'll go in there and catch several, then trade an Adamant Technician one your way. It might take a bit, though.
That's fine, I won't be home for another 2 hours or so anyway.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

The Royal Scrub posted:

Is it worth giving Vitamins to my team if they're all like level 50 or 60? From what I understand it only increases the stat gain from leveling up which I will obviously be doing less and less.

You probably won't see any benefit since you've already trained them. If you can't make use of them, though, then the game will just tell you "that won't have any effect", so you can't waste them.

Yes the EV/IV stuff is for people who want to be tryhard about it. The EV side of it is something they made easier and more transparent this generation with Super Training, and you can reset the EVs of your pokemon as much as you want, no matter their levels.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

The Royal Scrub posted:

If it's like in Gen V, the vitamins' effects are recalculated after a battle.

Nickname Pending
Jan 2, 2008

I learned how to play beer pong from the Prince of Uganda at a university party.
FC: 3196-3888-0454 if anyone wants to add me. I think my friend safari has water.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Just sell any vitamins you pick up, they're good money, and Super Training's easier.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
game sync just froze my game and I lost about 2 minutes of progress so yeah, I don't think I'll keep auto-sync on.

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte
How do you get in to Boutique Couture in Lumiose?

Also, could anyone tell me what my Safari's like? I haven't beaten E4 yet though.

Condoleezza Nice! fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Oct 18, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DapperDuck
Apr 3, 2008

Fashionable people,
you're out of luck.
The most dapper one here,
is Dapper the Duck.

Diamond Joe Biden posted:

Added all of you, my friend code is 3136-6572-4849 and my OT is AJ. I have no idea what's in mine though

Added you back (and everyone that posted saying they added me), your safari is Rock with Dweeble and Onix.

• Locked thread