Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Kenny Rogers posted:

I agree. That's a reason to buy a Miata, right there.
Have some terrible F-350, courtesy of Jefferson County, Colorado.
F-350...what's that badge there on the side?

POLICE INTERCEPTOR

What about this other F-350?

Whoo, boy! A KING RANCH Police Interceptor!

What, exactly, they're going to intercept? :iiam:

\/\/\/\/ little known :eng101: Use 'Amount' for things you can't count, like water. Use 'Number' for things you can count, like cities. \/\/\/

When's the last time you saw a Sheriff on a horse? Must be from Evergreen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
That looks like a mounted police horse transport vehicle.

Whether that badge is real or just a cop with a sense of humor is to be decided.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

kastein posted:

Also, he writes posts like this, so you know he's a winner:

All misspellings his.

Is he writing "Jeep rear end" instead of jackass? I'm not sure if that's clever or stupid. (would probably lean toward stupid if I saw it as often as I see M$ or stealership)

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
"Jeep fags" I'm guessing.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Devyl posted:

I'll bet around 97% of all Jeeps won't see anything rougher than a pothole or wet/icy road until they're 8-10 years old and on their third owner.

Just thought I'd correct that a bit toward reality for you. I don't know if you've noticed this or not but there are a LOT of Jeeps that are just family movers.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Ok, time for a terrible car question. I'm switching to my snows probably next week and as I will miss my 19s, what should I do to spruce up my little baby wheels? 15" steelies with Conti Winter Extremes.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I can't find the picture I'm looking for, but you should definitely use silver spray paint to half assedly spray a "big wheel" pattern on your sidewalls. Without a stencil of any kind.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

kastein posted:

I can't find the picture I'm looking for, but you should definitely use silver spray paint to half assedly spray a "big wheel" pattern on your sidewalls. Without a stencil of any kind.

I thought about that. I really don't want to spend money, but I want some hubcap spinners :)

Sudden Infant Def Syndrome
Oct 2, 2004

veedubfreak posted:

I thought about that. I really don't want to spend money, but I want some hubcap spinners :)

I used to buy the gaudiest hubcaps I could find at Walmart. Good stuff.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

So, I know it looks like a Beetle now that it's all squished in but is that a Cavalier in the intersection that managed to knock him upside down and 50+ feet away? Because that's pretty A.I. I think.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Saw this guy at Harbor Freight this week. :black101:

Edit: That's a huge bulldog on the B-pillar.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

davebo posted:

So, I know it looks like a Beetle now that it's all squished in but is that a Cavalier in the intersection that managed to knock him upside down and 50+ feet away? Because that's pretty A.I. I think.

Looks like a Sunfire.

http://www.amazon.com/Stainless-Steel-Racing-Retention-System/dp/B009S95MSO/ref=sr_1_47?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1382111812&sr=1-47

Too bad they're 85 bucks.

veedubfreak fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Oct 18, 2013

Ulfhednar
Dec 16, 2006
Blood for the Blood God!

veedubfreak posted:

Ok, time for a terrible car question. I'm switching to my snows probably next week and as I will miss my 19s, what should I do to spruce up my little baby wheels? 15" steelies with Conti Winter Extremes.

I saw these on a car a few years ago. Looking online, they made these hubcaps in 15''

Spraypaint them chrome for that touch of class.

Edit: Turns out they are actually proper alloy wheels :psyduck:

Ulfhednar fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Oct 18, 2013

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

Ulfhednar posted:

I saw these on a car a few years ago. Looking online, they made these hubcaps in 15''

Yep. Ronal Teddy Bears

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

And they are awesome. Buddy of mine has some on his old Cabrio.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Ulfhednar posted:

There was a guy who took a set and turned them into 3 piece wheels.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Get an old VW bus and paint those teddy bear rims a Grateful Dead dancing bear color.

Veeb0rg
Jul 24, 2001

THIS CONVERSATION IS NONPRODUCTIVE!

kastein posted:

This?

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
You don't see this every day.

Somebody set fire to a stolen Bentley two houses down from my house last night.

I live in a pretty safe neighborhood in Los Angeles, so this was something completely new to me. I heard a loud bang and then a car screeching away. That's all the info I have.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Saw this at the local mall last week. Wanted to catch up on my missed posts in this thread before posting it.

Notice other than the bumper, the exhaust that's about halfway to bosozoku status, the hella sick camber, and the debadging. At least they filled the badge holes, although I think you can see the off-tone bondo work where the Honda logo was.

What did the wheels look like?

Not pictured: The sick "racing club" sticker he had on his windshield. Surprisingly the only sticker on his car.

At least the paint is in good condition, but as a Honda owner (you can even see my Prelude in the first shot a bit), it makes me angry.

Macichne Leainig fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Oct 18, 2013

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.

Protocol7 posted:

Saw this at the local mall last week.

My work firewall posted:

This Page Cannot Be Displayed
Based on your organization's access policies, this web site ( http://puu.sh/4Tmla/13c75b4a50.jpg ) has been blocked because it has been determined by Web Reputation Filters to be a security threat to your computer or the organization's network. This web site has been associated with malware/spyware.

Might want to pick up the imgur upload extension for Google Chrome there, P7...

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
My university does that too. I'll reupload to imgur.

And done. Sorry folks!

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

That's exactly the picture I was thinking of.

Also:

For when one ring of fake beadlock bolts isn't enough, the discerning brotruck ricer can now have TWO!

Wonder how many retards are going to buy those wheels without realizing how obvious it is that they have no idea what a beadlock actually is or how one works.

e: for the unaware, this is every bit as retarded and useless as a wing/fartcan/bodykit on a civic.

kastein fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Oct 18, 2013

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

kastein posted:

I am, because they plug up the fuckin' trail with their busted poo poo and usually spend time propagating bad info to people who don't know any better.

The first one has 10-12 inches of lift to clear 35s, you can clear 35s on 4-5 inches of lift, and he's got the worst, least reliable radius arm kit available on there. And stock steering links at such a ridiculous height that I'd be shocked if it has less than a quarter turn of play in the wheel and will actually turn without the tie rod ends binding up completely if the right front wheel is up and the left front is down. You can see how close to maxed out the TRE on the right steering knuckle is.

e: ahahah I just noticed something else, he's running a stock tie rod with a locked front diff, 10" of lift, and giant tires. For reference I have bent those badly screwing around in a snowy parking lot in a stock cherokee... and put a significant bend in one by laying it on the ground in my yard and jumping on the middle of it. They are spaghetti-stiff and have no place on any upgraded cherokee.

The second is weak stock drivetrain/suspension parts turning tires way too large for it, hackjob frontend work, and general redneck bullshit. Plus if someone's got two or more steering stabilizers on their rig you can almost guarantee they are either bad at cars or made the mistake of listening to someone who is bad at cars when they planned their build.

Ah, I spotted the more-than-needed lift and thought maybe the tie rod was an issue. I was going to ask, but Chinatown beat me to it.
I imagine you're already aware of Scary Steering (should be http://128.83.80.193/scarysteering/scarysteering.html I can't check at work because the morons who set up our network used 128.x.x.x, a routable address, as our internal addressing, so all requests for 128.x.x.x come back inside. Idiots.) There some amazing hack jobs on there.

kastein posted:

Also:

For when one ring of fake beadlock bolts isn't enough, the discerning brotruck ricer can now have TWO!

Wonder how many retards are going to buy those wheels without realizing how obvious it is that they have no idea what a beadlock actually is or how one works.

e: for the unaware, this is every bit as retarded and useless as a wing/fartcan/bodykit on a civic.

Ends up looking pretty military, though. I think I'd actually like it if it didn't have the outer fake beadlock.

Powershift posted:

That's pretty nifty. You know, this is the first time I've noticed that the lock for the lug cover is the bear's belly button?

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Powershift posted:

I knew this had to have been done the moment I saw the first image. I was thinking to myself, "if I had a WHOLE LOT of expendable income, and they looked a little bit more finished, I'd probably buy and mount a set of these just for the hell of it."

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

kastein posted:

Also:

I see your 3 piece wheels and raise you my 14 PIECE WHEELS!!

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Phone posted:

I see your 3 piece wheels and raise you my 14 PIECE WHEELS!!

New name for 13" dick

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Darchangel posted:

Ah, I spotted the more-than-needed lift and thought maybe the tie rod was an issue. I was going to ask, but Chinatown beat me to it.
I imagine you're already aware of Scary Steering (should be http://128.83.80.193/scarysteering/scarysteering.html I can't check at work because the morons who set up our network used 128.x.x.x, a routable address, as our internal addressing, so all requests for 128.x.x.x come back inside. Idiots.) There some amazing hack jobs on there.

Ends up looking pretty military, though. I think I'd actually like it if it didn't have the outer fake beadlock.

That's pretty nifty. You know, this is the first time I've noticed that the lock for the lug cover is the bear's belly button?

I've seen scary steering before, sadly last time I checked it was actually down. I'm not sure why.

I do like the look of military 2 piece beadlocks, can't wait to blow stupid amounts of money on them for one of my trucks and quite reasonable amounts of money for them for the other one. I'd have the center discs cut to look cool but I'm pretty sure I will need every bit of strength that I can get, since I intend to hit at least 80 and sustain at least 60 on the local roads I test on that I can only barely peak at 60 on right now.

I just can't stand the bullshit poser factor and the way they doubled em up because IT MUST BE MORE COOLER THAT WAY :downs:

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Darchangel posted:

Terrible IT stuff in this thread, seriously how bad do you have to be to gently caress that up? What was wrong with 10.?

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

davebo posted:

Good eye

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Pham Nuwen posted:

Terrible IT stuff in this thread, seriously how bad do you have to be to gently caress that up? What was wrong with 10.?

...or class B... or class C...

este
Feb 17, 2004

Boing!
Dinosaur Gum
Well you see 127. is a legit private address range for localhost so obviously 128. is the next step, LAN hosts. 129. is entire rest of the Internet.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Even just plain ol' 192.168 /16 would have been better.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Protocol7 posted:

Saw this at the local mall last week. Wanted to catch up on my missed posts in this thread before posting it.

Notice other than the bumper, the exhaust that's about halfway to bosozoku status, the hella sick camber, and the debadging. At least they filled the badge holes, although I think you can see the off-tone bondo work where the Honda logo was.

What did the wheels look like?

Not pictured: The sick "racing club" sticker he had on his windshield. Surprisingly the only sticker on his car.

At least the paint is in good condition, but as a Honda owner (you can even see my Prelude in the first shot a bit), it makes me angry.

I really like borbets.

I also love it when people paint the bears :3:

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Godholio posted:

Saw this guy at Harbor Freight this week. :black101:

Edit: That's a huge bulldog on the B-pillar.

:stare: Is that the HF off ~39th and state? That's definitely rare terrible car stuff for around these parts.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
5 Points in Ogden, actually.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

Zlatan Imhobitch posted:

I really like borbets.

I also love it when people paint the bears :3:

This is close enough to that Dangan Rooper business that now I'm sure there's some Kia Soul rolling around on animes bear wheels.

If you're looking to spice up cruddy dull rims on the cheap there's always the moto option of rimtape.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

I'm waiting for pedobear rimz to put on my white van.

:colbert:

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I'd rock a set of panda-painted ones on a Panda.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Godholio posted:

5 Points in Ogden, actually.

Ogden? Makes a lot more sense now.