Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Stormagetiton posted:

See but it's not just her being an idiot about this stuff. Starling City's taking the whole Undertaking out on Oliver too, and for that matter if Moira hadn't come forward, then a ton more people would be dead (and she'd probably be free). Like I realize it's a comic-book trope, but it's really annoying to watch.

Welcome to public opinion. People are dumb and not good at figuring out who to blame for social problems. That's not really the fault of the show. People would absolutely blame Oliver Queen for the sins of his mother in the real world.

Anyway, it's not like everyone blames Ollie. For all we know, there's a Roy Harper for every Laurel Lance. Also keep in mind that a big part of the reason people are against Ollie is 'cause that Alderman is agitating against him, and he's probably evil or something. (come on, his name is "Blood")

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

It's a common phenomenon for actors (of both genders) who get their big break on TV.

In the offseason between season 1 and 2 they hit the gym like mad because "Oh poo poo, I'm in the public eye constantly now"
She also played a soldier in the show she was on before Arrow, so I wouldn't play up the TRANSFORMATION too much.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Stormagetiton posted:

Fixed that for you.

See but it's not just her being an idiot about this stuff. Starling City's taking the whole Undertaking out on Oliver too, and for that matter if Moira hadn't come forward, then a ton more people would be dead (and she'd probably be free). Like I realize it's a comic-book trope, but it's really annoying to watch.

It's no more of a trope than there being increased resentment towards Germans and Asians post-WWII and Muslims post-9/11. It's a bit of a false equivalency to be sure, but the principle of the mob mentality that this politician is stoking remains the same: Find people to blame, make them hurt. It may be annoying, but it rings no less true.

DivisionPost fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Oct 17, 2013

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

ufarn posted:

She also played a soldier in the show she was on before Arrow, so I wouldn't play up the TRANSFORMATION too much.

Looks like I have a new show to watch.

Jack Skeleton
Dec 7, 2006
whoa whoa whoa. which show was that? Yeah, I'm aware a simple google search would suffice, but seriously, you expect me to google anything while I'm sitting at the edge of my seat from the cliffhanger?

Either way, Diggle and Felicity are two addition to the Green Arrow family that I've loved even more than the introduction of AIDS Speedy. And it's odd for me to say that I hate everything about DC these days other than what Arrow has provided, since I favored DC for so long, but goddamn, is Arrow just so much fun.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
I think it might be Soldiers of the Apocalypse. It wasn't that hard to find. Her name is in the OP, and IMDB is surprisingly good about that kind of thing.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Please feed your pets, goons.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
That was a waste of Michael Jai White.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I imagine he'll be back.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

He's got to be back because he was awesome.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They didn't even name him in this one, it can't be his only appearance.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Aphrodite posted:

They didn't even name him in this one, it can't be his only appearance.

Yeah, I had to look it up to find out his character even had a name that wasn't "Wolverine Ripoff".

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Well I don't believe he was arrested along with knife throwing Triad lady so personally I'm expecting another 6 dead cops when he breaks her out :ese:

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
I just want to say I totally called him using a smoke bomb and the flying off into the night on one of his rope arrows. :human being:

Who was Michael White's character supposed to mirror in the comic world? Or was he literally just a random karate thug with wolverine knives?

He should actually have a role in the show, he's too good a dude to get shafted with bit parts.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Bronze Tiger.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

zoux posted:

Bronze Tiger.

Whoa. The Wiki says he beat Batman in a fight. Hardcore. And the character is in the new Batman Origins videogame. Sweet.

Is he a cool character, in general, or is Bronze Tiger just another dumb random big bad assassin?

Drifter fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Oct 18, 2013

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
:tviv:

The whole first scene with Ollie-as-Hood and Laurel in her office I was waiting for him to drop his hood and let her in (because this show is insane like that) but NOPE.

Then we get a second scene like this, and I'm like "Yup, we're going there".

NOPE. What the gently caress, Laurel?

Also, what the HELL is up with mutant skull japanese skeletons on the island? :iiam:

:suspense:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Drifter posted:

Whoa. The Wiki says he beat Batman in a fight. Hardcore. And the character is in the new Batman Origins videogame. Sweet.

Is he a cool character, in general, or is Bronze Tiger just another dumb random big bad assassin?

He is a pretty cool character and he should be back as he is a member of the suicide squad.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

WarLocke posted:

:tviv:

The whole first scene with Ollie-as-Hood and Laurel in her office I was waiting for him to drop his hood and let her in (because this show is insane like that) but NOPE.

Then we get a second scene like this, and I'm like "Yup, we're going there".

NOPE. What the gently caress, Laurel?

Also, what the HELL is up with mutant skull japanese skeletons on the island? :iiam:

:suspense:

If they are going to backdoor pilot the Flash after a season of regular humans (even powerless adaptations of normally powered characters), it's a good way to setup that metahumans exist.

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

jscolon2.0 posted:

If they are going to backdoor pilot the Flash after a season of regular humans (even powerless adaptations of normally powered characters), it's a good way to setup that metahumans exist.

I think having the Flash on Arrow is such a terrible idea. I realise they're doing it to hopefully get another show up of the ground on the back of this one, but this is a show that absolutely does not need actual super powered people.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
I honestly don't mind as long as it isn't supernatural in origin. In a world with machines that create earthquakes I could see it happening.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Cityinthesea posted:

I honestly don't mind as long as it isn't supernatural in origin. In a world with machines that create earthquakes I could see it happening.

Yep, they've been free with all kinds of changes to powers/backstory so far. The only actual requirement for "The Flash" is that he's a dude who moves really fast. No need for speed force, or lightspeed/time travel stuff.

As long as he's not literally making pants out of GOES FAST, then I think it will be less silly than something like a handcuff arrow or a zipline arrow. :irony:

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Cityinthesea posted:

The particle accelerator being built in Central City will be done around Christmas.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Error 404 posted:

Yep, they've been free with all kinds of changes to powers/backstory so far. The only actual requirement for "The Flash" is that he's a dude who moves really fast. No need for speed force, or lightspeed/time travel stuff.

As long as he's not literally making pants out of GOES FAST, then I think it will be less silly than something like a handcuff arrow or a zipline arrow. :irony:

I also wouldn't be surprised to see a massive tone down of his speed. Even if he was just fast enough to dodge a bullet, it'd be enough to make for a very interesting character & story. Hell, even if he was just, like, five or ten times as fast as a normal dude it'd be enough, really - you don't need to be able to dodge bullets if you can just move out of the way as soon as they point a gun at you.

Eddain posted:

The particle accelerator being built in Central City will be done around Christmas.

That line really made me laugh, they may as well have said "And look out for our new show Flash, coming to CW Q1 2014! TV NOW"

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

XboxPants posted:

I also wouldn't be surprised to see a massive tone down of his speed. Even if he was just fast enough to dodge a bullet, it'd be enough to make for a very interesting character & story. Hell, even if he was just, like, five or ten times as fast as a normal dude it'd be enough, really - you don't need to be able to dodge bullets if you can just move out of the way as soon as they point a gun at you.

I wonder if they'll play up the metabolism angle like I vaguely remember them doing in the 90s show. Flash was always eating something, if he wasn't eating he was hungry.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

WarLocke posted:

I wonder if they'll play up the metabolism angle like I vaguely remember them doing in the 90s show. Flash was always eating something, if he wasn't eating he was hungry.

I just hope the guy playing Flash has great abs, because the first few episodes are going to rip his shirt to shreds whenever he goes fast.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Drifter posted:

I just hope the guy playing Flash has great abs, because the first few episodes are going to rip his shirt to shreds whenever he goes fast.

It's the CW and it's Arrow. Do you really think it will be any done any other way?

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

What's the deal with this Soldiers of the Apocalypse series? I can't find it on anywhere but imdb.

e: Oh, duh.
http://www.sotaseries.com/home

It's a web series and apparently it's in development hell.

IMDB had me thinking it had 12 episodes aired. :argh:

Deakul fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Oct 19, 2013

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Shakugan posted:

I think having the Flash on Arrow is such a terrible idea. I realise they're doing it to hopefully get another show up of the ground on the back of this one, but this is a show that absolutely does not need actual super powered people.

We already have three people on the show that can catch/block an arrow in mid flight and multiple people who can take a hell of a beating or disappear without a trace. Having super powered people wouldn't be that much of a big deal as long as there are ways Ollie can counter those powers.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
God, I really want Arrow to be the cornerstone of the DC shared universe like Iron Man was for Marvel.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Kegslayer posted:

We already have three people on the show that can catch/block an arrow in mid flight and multiple people who can take a hell of a beating or disappear without a trace. Having super powered people wouldn't be that much of a big deal as long as there are ways Ollie can counter those powers.

Deathstroke can do it with a stick.

Or a sword.

I think Ollie will be fine.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

Phylodox posted:

God, I really want Arrow to be the cornerstone of the DC shared universe like Iron Man was for Marvel.

I don't want this show tainted by making it set in the same universe as Man of Steel.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

bbf2 posted:

I don't want this show tainted by making it set in the same universe as Man of Steel.

Superman you have failed this city! Really, really badly!

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

New Leaf posted:

Deathstroke can do it with a stick.

Or a sword.

I think Ollie will be fine.

Come on dude. It's in the OP. We're trying to set a good example in this thread for the those that can't control themselves in that other bad thread.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Drifter posted:

He's a straight up bad rear end and considered one of the worlds premiere martial artist.
Bronze Tiger is kind of a anti-hero, he started off as a assassin. So it makes sense to have him be a assassin at first but I wouldn't be surprised if he turns into an ally for Ollie which is going to be cool.

If Bronze Tiger is now in the show and their going that route which is fantastic, I cannot loving wait for Richard Dragon to show up and there's a good chance he will. Richard Dragon is literally a sage for superheroes. People go to him for advice on what makes a hero.

So I am really looking forward to Richard Dragon.

edit:

Rewatching the pilot and some of the first season on Netflix, any episodes I should rewatch as "favorite" episodes?

For the first episode though when Ollie gets shot he just kind of picks the bullet out of him? What?? Just noticed that.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Oct 19, 2013

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
I thought we already established that Michael White will appear in several episodes? It seems like a slow build up to me, to establish him at least as a regular guest star, like China White.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

Torrannor posted:

I thought we already established that Michael White will appear in several episodes?

In Season 1 pretty much every villain who wasn't killed off in his/her first appearance was brought back again later. It's a safe assumption that he'll be back.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I highly doubt they were just like "Lets have Bronze tiger be a throw away character."

Watching the Season One Finale after watching the Pilot episode. I like how all the people were like " Yep, gotta make some signs".

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

bbf2 posted:

I thought Man of Steel was pretty awesome. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I don't think their incorporating Arrow into the DC film universe. WB is working with multiple networks. It's not like ABC where Disney owns ABC so it has no problem cross pollinating so to speak.

• Locked thread