Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Funkysauce posted:

Nah, I go for them both, Napoli is the local team though.

(Apparently this is mindblowing to English people, I don't know if you're English or not but most Brits I say this to are so confused.)

might make more sense if napoli were in serie b or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bow-street Bastard
Mar 27, 2010

Napoli have no-one to blame but themselves cannavaro

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Scott Bakula posted:

Makes sense then. Is he even any good?

He was at one time, he's still decent enough, not great.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Bow-street Bastard posted:

From the little i have seen over the years he has the ability but is usually just ok

This is a good description.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

That whole sequence just now with Pjanic and Maicon looked like it was being played in a park on a hungover Sunday morning. The Napoli defenders were literally static and Pjanic put in the laziest shot straight to the keeper. Both teams are done with this game.

Funkysauce
Sep 18, 2005
...and what about the kick in the groin?

Hegav posted:

They were for a long time, Serie C even! But as a kid I watched them (Napoli) primarily, during the Maradona years.

Scott Bakula posted:

Its really weird and wrong

Apparently Spanish people do this too.

GD does it too with whatever polentoni team he supports! ;)

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Hegav posted:

This is me with Roma and Palermo now :getin: I grew up in Rome, but my families team is Palermo.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Funkysauce posted:

They were for a long time, Serie C even! But as a kid I watched them (Napoli) primarily, during the Maradona years.

Apparently Spanish people do this too.

GD does it too with whatever polentoni team he supports! ;)

Vicenza, and I wouldn't call myself a supporter, but they were my local team so I do like them to win things. If Milan were to play them again (it wont happen for another ten years at least) then I'd want Milan to win.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

how long will Roma stay perfect?!?!

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

mynameisjohn posted:

It's incredible.

Napoli played well up until the red card and if that hadn't happened it would've been much closer. Good match!

Bow-street Bastard
Mar 27, 2010

mynameisjohn posted:

Napoli could have taken that if paolo wasnt paolo

Roma were good though. Very tight were they had to be.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Napoli could have taken that if paolo wasnt paolo
It's easy to make excuses, but 8 in 8 is a ridiculous record for a club that was prognosticated to be midtable this season.

Bow-street Bastard
Mar 27, 2010

mynameisjohn posted:

It's easy to make excuses

I have 0 dog in this fight. Your team played well man but 2 - 0 flattered them

Funkysauce
Sep 18, 2005
Paolo "I'm only around because of my brother's legacy" Cannavaro, well done. I respect him though because he's Napuletano born and raised and he's gonna stay at the club forever. Hometown kid through and through, I like that.

He's most definitely a most average defender however.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

I have 0 dog in this fight. Your team played well man but 2 - 0 flattered them

I think 1-1 would've been fair if it stayed 11 on 11, but Napoli didn't play well enough in the second half to go on and win. The first half, eh, evenly matched.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Funkysauce posted:

Paolo "I'm only around because of my brother's legacy" Cannavaro, well done. I respect him though because he's Napuletano born and raised and he's gonna stay at the club forever. Hometown kid through and through, I like that.

I think he's just too old at this point. 3 years ago he was great, he's just lost his pace and he still hasn't adapted to a four man back line. There were times when I would've taken him over Fabio, but that was a long time ago.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

I'm shocked Roma is doing so well. It's scary even. I wonder how they will fare against Juventus.

And Roma should have scored more easily. Napoli's defense was atrocious today.

Also gently caress Roma's "Roma loves you" advert or whatever. It ruined that amazing kit.

Funkysauce
Sep 18, 2005

Gigi Galli posted:

I think 1-1 would've been fair if it stayed 11 on 11, but Napoli didn't play well enough in the second half to go on and win. The first half, eh, evenly matched.

They didn't go forward enough with even 11-11. They needed to be a little more daring, the missed shots (DeRossi can eat me) took some of the wind out of them. It's not like they got any more aggressive.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

mynameisjohn posted:

It's easy to make excuses, but 8 in 8 is a ridiculous record for a club that was prognosticated to be midtable this season.

Rudi Garcia is going to be in insanely high demand next summer at this rate

Charlotte Hornets
Dec 30, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Funkysauce posted:

He was pretty good under Mazzari, but there's probably a reason why he hasn't been called up to the national side.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Charlotte Hornets posted:

He was pretty good under Mazzari, but there's probably a reason why he hasn't been called up to the national side.

Yeah, Italy have lots of really good central defenders

Bow-street Bastard
Mar 27, 2010

Gigi Galli posted:

The second half was decidedly less awesome than the first

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Scott Bakula posted:

Rudi Garcia is going to be in insanely high demand next summer at this rate
He'll probably stay considering that they're in a great state financially and only a massive collapse would keep them out of the Champions League

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Soulex posted:

I'm shocked Roma is doing so well. It's scary even. I wonder how they will fare against Juventus.

And Roma should have scored more easily. Napoli's defense was atrocious today.

Also gently caress Roma's "Roma loves you" advert or whatever. It ruined that amazing kit.

Roma Cares :h:

Nice of them to do a charity sponsor for a whole season and really it's because we all speak English that it seems stupid. If it said "Roma se ne frega" (which would be loving hysterical), or more accurately, "Roma prese cura" or something, then it wouldn't seem as bad.

Gigi Galli fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Oct 18, 2013

Bow-street Bastard
Mar 27, 2010

De Rossi is the loving king man

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Funkysauce posted:

They didn't go forward enough with even 11-11. They needed to be a little more daring, the missed shots (DeRossi can eat me) took some of the wind out of them. It's not like they got any more aggressive.

I agree! Napoli should have been more aggressive, like they definitely can be. They went out with the wrong mentality I think.

Bow-street Bastard
Mar 27, 2010

Gigi Galli posted:

I agree! Napoli should have been more aggressive, like they definitely can be. They went out with the wrong mentality I think.

Higuian was clearly not up to it as well when he came on. But they were atrocious at the back regardless of paolo.

Think the goal on half time just put their heads down. Was a shame. Deserved to go in 0-0

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Gigi Galli posted:

Roma Cares :h:

Nice of them to do a charity sponsor for a whole season and really it's because we all speak English that it seems stupid. If it said "Roma se ne frega" (which would be loving hysterical), or more accurately, "Roma prese cura" or something, then it wouldn't seem as bad.

Honestly I don't care about the sponsor, I just want to see this crest brought back full-time, not just on the thirds:

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Gervinho :swoon:

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Huge result for Roma, they looked in control almost the whole match really. I was rooting for Napoli this season but it's hard to dislike Roma, they're playing some great football right now.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Abbiati has injured himself so it's down to Amelia and Gabriel. Given that Gabriel isn't in the CL players list I bet Amelia plays because he'll have to play against Barca, which is horrible. Silvestre is in defense, which could be good.

Duro
May 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Funkysauce posted:

I can't talk poo poo about Cannavaro the lesser, because he was a gentleman to my mom and dad at an event with Napoli players once. It could have been fake charm, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt

Duro
May 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Gigi Galli posted:

Abbiati has injured himself so it's down to Amelia and Gabriel. Given that Gabriel isn't in the CL players list I bet Amelia plays because he'll have to play against Barca, which is horrible. Silvestre is in defense, which could be good.

It's already been confirmed that Amelia is playing against Barca. That is going to be a poo poo show of epic proportions

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

God speed Milan. Lets hope it's not a poo poo show.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Duro posted:

It's already been confirmed that Amelia is playing against Barca. That is going to be a poo poo show of epic proportions

It's going to be an embarrassment to Italian football.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Sau started for Cagliari, so I guess that stuff about his broken nose was way overblown.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

Sau started for Cagliari, so I guess that stuff about his broken nose was way overblown.

Does he have a Pazzini mask on? Catania are up 1-0 at the moment.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

Does he have a Pazzini mask on? Catania are up 1-0 at the moment.

Nope, nothing like that, he just has a bit of a black eye.

Ibarbo :stare:

God drat what a goal.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Legrottaglie given a straight red for pulling on Ibarbo's shoulder in the penalty area.

Oooh, sick penalty save by Frison and then saved the followup header from Ibarbo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

Legrottaglie given a straight red for pulling on Ibarbo's shoulder in the penalty area.

Oooh, sick penalty save by Frison and then saved the followup header from Ibarbo.

Love me some Frison, what a player :allears:

• Locked thread