Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

No posted:

Alright added you all but then got bored of copying and pasting! Apparently my Safari has Ursarings and Audinos (does this mean people can level the poo poo out of their Pokemon in my safari??). Thanks to the goon who let me know! I don't yet know who the third 'mon is.

1521-3674-8737, IGN and Friends list name are both Jenn because I am creative.

UmbreonMessiah posted:

Just tipping my hat into the Safari arena here. My FC is 4253-3992-5250. I have a Grass Safari with Pansage, Ivysaur(!) and Maractus.

Adding both of you dudes, I need a Chlorophyll Venusaur for my machinations and I just want Audino for grinding.

5386-8395-2739

My safari is flying type so there's not much to offer, but it doess have Gale Wings Fletchinders if you're into that sort of thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Stalgren posted:

I like how one of the elite four is literally just "A mom"

Local mom discovers weird trick for winning Pokemon battles, click here to learn more

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

jymbojones posted:

Can somebody that can log in nowish friend me and tell me what my 3rd 'mon in my safari is?

Your third is Gogoat :(

jymbojones
Jul 4, 2010

Novasol posted:

I will

3582-8941-7361

I added you back, sorry for the slight delay. loving real world getting the way of my pokemans.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

BattleMaster posted:

Local mom discovers weird trick for winning Pokemon battles, click here to learn more

Gym Leaders hate her!

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
Can someone tell me what's going on with my Kirlia? What is this round thing? She's not holding anything.

jymbojones
Jul 4, 2010

Novasol posted:

Your third is Gogoat :(

We gently caress :(. Oh well. Thanks anyways!

TheEggsBenedict
Jan 4, 2013

if i go crazy then
will you still
call me superman

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

Can someone tell me what's going on with my Kirlia? What is this round thing? She's not holding anything.

Kirlia knows a move that can be used outside of battle.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

It means she has a move she can use out of battle--probably teleport.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

That's a field ability, something that has an effect outside of battle. The image is of a TM, not sure why.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Edit: Three times beaten, oh well.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I've spent all day catching dittos in the friend safari, hoping to get an ideal one to make breeding simple. 70+ dittos later and this is the best I have to show for it. I'm not even trying for something absurd like perfect across the board, I just want really good stats in everything. Which shouldn't be THAT hard given two IVs are guaranteed perfect, but no.

I have the worst luck with these games. Can't get shinies, good IVs, or catch pokemon easily. Had dittos with 1 hp break out of repeat balls 10 times in a row.

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
Oh, ok. Yeah, she's got teleport. Thanks!

Mr. Sickos
May 22, 2011

Why is the game sync server always busy?

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013

Internet Kraken posted:

I've spent all day catching dittos in the friend safari, hoping to get an ideal one to make breeding simple. 70+ dittos later and this is the best I have to show for it. I'm not even trying for something absurd like perfect across the board, I just want really good stats in everything. Which shouldn't be THAT hard given two IVs are guaranteed perfect, but no.

I have the worst luck with these games. Can't get shinies, good IVs, or catch pokemon easily. Had dittos with 1 hp break out of repeat balls 10 times in a row.

According to the spreadsheet someone posted you have Ditto in your Friend Safari. If so, do you have a spare friend spot? :)

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Internet Kraken posted:

An Adamant 31 Att/Def/SpA can be mighty good for breeding, I don't see the problem. It even has a pretty alright SpD IV, and Speed isn't horrible.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Stalgren posted:

I like how one of the elite four is literally just "A mom"

Malva is your friend’s hot older sister, Drasna is your hippie mom, Siebold is your overly serious cousin who is like an architect or something, and Wikstrom is your nerd-rear end older brother who is really into swords and he’s like a month away from discovering the Men’s Rights Movement.

BAKA FLOCKA FLAME
Oct 9, 2012

by Pipski

Is the Japanese transliteration of 'hello' really 'haro'? Come on now.

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

Oh, ok. Yeah, she's got teleport. Thanks!

Treasure it, that poo poo is a godsend

jymbojones
Jul 4, 2010

Alcatrash posted:

Why is the game sync server always busy?

Japan.

Not even joking in the slightest.

Taoto
Oct 22, 2010

Hehehe... Everything's going according to plan, right?
So, I think I've spent maybe too much time playing Tile Puzzle.

I don't think 6 seconds is possible for Easy, sadly, but I'm satisfied with 7.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

BAKA FLOCKA FLAME posted:

Treasure it, that poo poo is a godsend

I have Fly now and my Gardevoir is able to go Mega and she STILL has teleport. It's just too amazing.

Jun 23, 2010

I just caught a Shiny Emolga. After all these years and never seeing a non-event Shiny in the wild...

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

LAY-ZX posted:

I have Fly now and my Gardevoir is able to go Mega and she STILL has teleport. It's just too amazing.

But you can use fly everywhere you can use teleport :confused:

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

online posted:

I just caught a Shiny Emolga. After all these years and never seeing a non-event Shiny in the wild...

Sorry it's an Emolga.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I thought of a cool way to play through the main game.

Start a new game.
Catch 6 or more Pokemon.
Wonder Trade all of them.
Keep the first 6 different Pokemon you get.
Beat the game with those 6 different "wonder" Pokemon.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Internet Kraken posted:

Not inside caves!

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Internet Kraken posted:

But when I want to just go back to the last Pokemon Center I was at I can do it sans menu and annoying cutscene.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Is it possible to find Gligar in a horde? Or in a Friend Safari? Because I really want a Poison Heal Gliscor, but Serebii seems to suggest they can't be found in the Friend Safari, and I can't seem to find any information on horde battle availability.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

bowmore posted:

I thought of a cool way to play through the main game.

Start a new game.
Catch 6 or more Pokemon.
Wonder Trade all of them.
Keep the first 6 different Pokemon you get.
Beat the game with those 6 different "wonder" Pokemon.

It's a cool idea but chances are you'll be going through the game with 4 Bunnelbys, a Scatterbug and an elemental monkey E: Oh different Pokemon, but still most of the stuff I get on Wondertrade are from the first couple of routes

Champeenship
Oct 9, 2012
Gligar are actually horde-exclusive on Route 19. In fact, I'm fighting one right now.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

BAKA FLOCKA FLAME posted:

Is the Japanese transliteration of 'hello' really 'haro'? Come on now.

You've only got ~50 sounds to work with and 'L' is non existent.

I actually got a Japanese ditto last night, so I might be doing the Masuda method soon.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Champeenship posted:

Gligar are actually horde-exclusive on Route 19. In fact, I'm fighting one right now, in fact.

Oh, that's fantastic news. Thanks. :)

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"

Taoto posted:

So, I think I've spent maybe too much time playing Tile Puzzle.

I don't think 6 seconds is possible for Easy, sadly, but I'm satisfied with 7.
It took me way too long to realize that I could swap any two tiles with each other instead of just the tile immediately adjacent to it. Also, you are seriously a puzzle wizard. 7 seconds?

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
Time to wonder trade off a box of imposter Ditto's. I'll be back with the result.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

jwang posted:

What I see every time I do super training punching bags:

This didn't get nearly enough love

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Help Im Alive posted:

It's a cool idea but chances are you'll be going through the game with 4 Bunnelbys, a Scatterbug and an elemental monkey E: Oh different Pokemon, but still most of the stuff I get on Wondertrade are from the first couple of routes
You could allow yourself to have 8 or 10 different Pokemon so you can have HM slaves and a bit more variety.

Mr. Sickos
May 22, 2011

Storm Throw has 60 power this generation. With the guaranteed critical hit that's is 120 power with 100% accuracy while ignoring bonus defense stats. Remvoing Brick Break on my Pinsir for this, it sounds really good.

Cyflan
Nov 4, 2009

Why yes, I DO have enough CON to whip my hair.

Alcatrash posted:

Storm Throw has 60 power this generation. With the guaranteed critical hit that's is 120 power with 100% accuracy while ignoring bonus defense stats. Remvoing Brick Break on my Pinsir for this, it sounds really good.

Crit damage was lowered to 1.5x this gen though from what i heard.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Alcatrash posted:

I think critical hits might have been nerfed though.

e: I seem to have been sandwiched between people who actually know what they're talking about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Alcatrash posted:

Critical hits were nerfed to 1.5 times normal damage. So it's a 90 power move effectively. Still good though.

• Locked thread