Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
High Priority Case is fun when you bring jets to the party. :unsmigghh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
So you can make Bicycle Races GTA races. It was absolutely crazy when people figured out, yes, you can fire rockets from your bike.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

I have yet to try a GTA race, it always dumps me in a normal one when I quick join. :(

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

JAssassin posted:

So you can make Bicycle Races GTA races. It was absolutely crazy when people figured out, yes, you can fire rockets from your bike.

Or quit in the second lap and drop sticky bombs at a big turn.

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->

SplitSoul posted:

I have yet to try a GTA race, it always dumps me in a normal one when I quick join. :(

Try making your own? GTA races are frustrating though. It's pretty difficult to land rockets unless you're in 1st, because you can just fart them out if you see anyone behind you on the radar.

kopasetic
Sep 18, 2009
If anyone is interested, I'm down to do some Criminal Record win trading on PS3 for the next few hours. PSN handle is Saucebox_

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Had a good time racing with some cool folks from Awful Company even though I'm a poo poo driver/pilot etc. :v: Got a kick message when it tried to load up free roam though but at least I made more money than I would've grinding missions with the level I'm at.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

gently caress you Lester. Cops Capacity pays out 2500 dollars? The grenades just to get all the way through it cost more than that. 4 free grenades is not enough, you fat prick!

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

UnknownMercenary posted:

Had a good time racing with some cool folks from Awful Company even though I'm a poo poo driver/pilot etc. :v: Got a kick message when it tried to load up free roam though but at least I made more money than I would've grinding missions with the level I'm at.

I think a lot of people got disconnected at that point :(

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?
gently caress, Rockstar, why you gotta make emblems display so small on cars???

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Lotish posted:

gently caress you Lester. Cops Capacity pays out 2500 dollars? The grenades just to get all the way through it cost more than that. 4 free grenades is not enough, you fat prick!

What kills me is that should be a really fun mission. Being chased by cops as you toss grenades all over the place. Sounds like a goddamn blast! They should really just give you a shitload of them and then take them away after the mission. Instead you're being extra careful to aim and plod through things because you only get four of them.

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!
Shoutouts to ZombieReagan, KasterTroy, and Illigan for far too much fun tonight, and for putting up with my frantic yelling when I saw a F620 finally spawn (and then despawn right in front of us). I didn't mean to quit as suddenly as I did, but the game kicked me out for whatever reason :argh:

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

I had a great time with a big group of 1009's doing a bunch of races. Hope to catch up with that group again on another night.

Impulsive Asshole
Aug 2, 2006

by Fistgrrl
Hey did you guys know you can do races drunk? You have to have pisswasser in your inventory. Then in the betting screen go to winning emote and drink pisswasser a couple of times. Your racing skill will change from street racer or whatever to drunk. I was quite amused when I figured it out. It isn't really fair racing a bunch of sober people though, I'd like to do some drunk races.

Hit me up on the Xbox if you wanna race drunk, GT Clevername420

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Lotish posted:

Cops Capacity is now technically the highest paying mission because the car you get from Lester for doing it sells for like 14 or 16k to LSC

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
Is there some trick to racing watercraft, specifically jet skis, that I don't know about? Why does everyone just slowly gain speed and I sit back sucking hind tit? Holding forward doesn't seem to make a difference.

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Anyone want to grind out one lap airport races for garage unlocksfun and profit?

I need to spend more money on engine upgrades. DRINK YOUR TEA on 360 euro side.

I need hot pink too.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

GNU Order posted:

Cops Capacity is now technically the highest paying mission because the car you get from Lester for doing it sells for like 14 or 16k to LSC

I thought mission provided vehicles disappear upon completion?

thompson
Jun 6, 2006
Totally just chromed a police suv and put bullet proof tires on it. Im in love.

Eriic
Aug 9, 2009

Twisp, is this a truth? Do you do evil?
So I was just driving around the desert helping another goon find a certain truck when I happened upon this building. :getin:

TheOne
May 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT RUINING EVERYBODY'S LIFE

GNU Order posted:

not by a long shot. Mixed with coke only pays 9000$ but it takes me and my friend maybe 3 minutes at most. the best part is, When you start the mission trade cars with your buddy, do the mission in the other persons car. We normally blow up 3 cement trucks and leave 1 sticky planted on the last one and go meet each other somewhere. Once your close to each other detonate the last sticky. finish mission go back to freemode. When you spawn, you will have 4 cars, 2 duplicates of your cars plus your originals. We swap the duplicates back and go sell them. Make sure you don't sell the one that shows your car icon on the mini map. Since the cars are fully modded my sultans worth 99,000 every 42 minutes.

I wouldn't be wasting my 42 minute timer on a 14k car. It also works post patch.

Edit... Should also mention seems to work with any mission you just need to complete the mission inside the car. And it can be done with more then 2 people we had 3 and 4 people and as long as everyone was in a car that wasn't theirs, it would duplicate. It wont work on exotic. I would also recommend switching the car your selling, Only because repetition might raise red flags.

TheOne fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Oct 19, 2013

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

It may not be very fast, but it gets me to work and that's all that really matters.:colbert:

After tooling around downtown, I stumbled across a goon and some other person trying to kill each other. I at least hope it was a nice surprise for them when I turned the corner into their alleyway and tried to squash the pubbie.

I got blown up shortly thereafter, it turns out those things aren't very maneuverable.

a kitten fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Oct 19, 2013

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
http://www.twitch.tv/jerkstoresup

Streaming some 1000-1009 PS3 races for the next hour or so.

Will post a highlight reel soon.

lizardhunt fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Oct 19, 2013

now entering North Dakota
Feb 22, 2013

Fun Shoe
I do not like that motorcycle tunnel race. At all.

I like parachuting, but I am complete poo poo when it comes to landing.

And sorry, TsinclairBlack. I can see the little icon saying you're talking, but don't hear a word. Could you hear me, whenever I remembered to unmute myself?

Dogo
Sep 24, 2007

TheOne posted:

not by a long shot. Mixed with coke only pays 9000$ but it takes me and my friend maybe 3 minutes at most. the best part is, When you start the mission trade cars with your buddy, do the mission in the other persons car. We normally blow up 3 cement trucks and leave 1 sticky planted on the last one and go meet each other somewhere. Once your close to each other detonate the last sticky. finish mission go back to freemode. When you spawn, you will have 4 cars, 2 duplicates of your cars plus your originals. We swap the duplicates back and go sell them. Make sure you don't sell the one that shows your car icon on the mini map. Since the cars are fully modded my sultans worth 99,000 every 42 minutes.

I wouldn't be wasting my 42 minute timer on a 14k car. It also works post patch.

Edit... Should also mention seems to work with any mission you just need to complete the mission inside the car. And it can be done with more then 2 people we had 3 and 4 people and as long as everyone was in a car that wasn't theirs, it would duplicate. It wont work on exotic. I would also recommend switching the car your selling, Only because repetition might raise red flags.

I would love to do this. Are you on xbox? I tried it once but after the mission i was on foot and no duplicate car anywhere :(

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Coldforge posted:

I think a lot of people got disconnected at that point :(

Connection issues aside it's pretty dumb that "you got kicked" is the generic disconnect message.

Tried a bit of survival since I unlocked it and the AI does not gently caress around. We made it to wave 8, where 3 of us died immediately at the start. :stare:

Deathmatch with jets sounds really enticing but I need to up early in the morning, but thanks for the invite Lord of Space.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
So whats the cheapest apartment with the most car space and a heist room?

I guess I didn't get any cash with the patch? I thought I was getting 250 million.

Doorknob Slobber fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Oct 19, 2013

Dogo
Sep 24, 2007
Does anyone on xbox want to try the car thing i quoted above? If you have a modded sellable car let me know

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I can confirm Baller payout is still $9000. 360

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
Okay the PS3 cloud is super not saving data right now, so it doesn't even seem worth it to play.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

OLIVIAS WILDE RIDER posted:

Jesus christ. Liberating a tank is dangerous to your Good Sportyness. I nearly got Bad Sport Helled on me and LordofSPACE's tank and jet rampage.

Pubbies always have cars that look like the common trash driving the streets so it's impossible to tell it's their personal car. No clown horn playing pink and green monstrosities because they gotta look "Sweggy" as some dude in a session said once.

Really? I was checking your player status every now and then to see if you dropped out of Clean Player so I could commend you, but it never seemed to change.

In other news, I just discovered that there's a Jet LTS match (Los Santos LTS) that supports up to 16 people for an 8v8 dogfight in the skies. Thanks to Slim Killington for joining, unfortunately most goons don't want to join a LTS match and we were only able to do a 2v2 (vs 2 pubbies that joined) but it was really fun. You guys should join this one if you ever see it pop up again. It beats the autoaim cover camp fests that are normal LTS games.

Dogo
Sep 24, 2007

Hockles posted:

I can confirm Baller payout is still $9000. 360

Ok what the hell then... I am sitting in lsc now with a pristine baller and they are offering $8,550 for it. Other cars i have sold were reduced as well. I am also on the 360

What is your rank? Were you in a regular session or invite only?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Question : If I put my crew emblem on my car can I remove it later?

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Holy poo poo you can do all the performance upgrades on the Faggio THIS IS AMAZING

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!

TheRationalRedditor posted:

Okay the PS3 cloud is super not saving data right now, so it doesn't even seem worth it to play.

Servers seem pretty hammered tonight on xbox 360 too.

Got kicked from session awhile ago and it wouldnt reconnect.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

GTA racing with buddies will never get old and makes a decent amount of money and is awesome and I love this game.

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

TheRationalRedditor posted:

I've been flying around in the buzzard all night killing players. Gotten bad sport for 2 days notification 4 times but I keep switching the off switch on the back of the PS3 and it doesn't register.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Dogo posted:

Ok what the hell then... I am sitting in lsc now with a pristine baller and they are offering $8,550 for it. Other cars i have sold were reduced as well. I am also on the 360

Do you have a 5% discount because of good behavior? It seems like this is getting applied to sell prices. Rockstar :v:

Dogo
Sep 24, 2007
Holy poo poo thats it. I have the discount. What loving half wit is programming this poo poo in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Mitt Romney posted:

I've been flying around in the buzzard all night killing players. Gotten bad sport for 2 days notification 4 times but I keep switching the off switch on the back of the PS3 and it doesn't register.

You don't have to power off, you can just Home -> Quit Game. Just have to do it before the next time it saves to the cloud.

• Locked thread