Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NiftyBottle
Jan 1, 2009

radical

GreenMetalSun posted:

I added all you guys, get on in: 0576 3699 7180!
I don't know if you knew your safari guys, but you have tangela and sawsbuck, grass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
So I'm good to evolve Doublade once it learns sacred sword, right?

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

mikeycp posted:

So I'm good to evolve Doublade once it learns sacred sword, right?

As far as I know it learns nothing of value after that point.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

Added most if not all of you from page 300 to now. I apologize for any mispelling, I'm going off my 3DS friends list, not the forum currently.

HelloPlatypus
Echophonic
PhenomenalBaby
LordHighBokonon
Ashtarath
Menelven
OneHandClaping
Nendil
GreenMetalSun
Wallet Inspector
Coq Au Nandos
Naheal
Chocolate Donuts
King of the Karp
LAY-ZX
Alcatrash
Rhonne
Octolady
Hjalmar
SCROTEBUSTER
Solartide
Joshdarnit
Neddy Seagoon
y_3
Slightlytoasted
Mr Confetti

My friend code is 2036-7315-1628, and I have no clue what my friend safari contains. Please add me if you have the time.

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

DROP YOUR COAT AND GRAB YOUR TOES, I'LL SHOW YOU WHERE THE WILD GOOSE GOES!!!!
This game brought back a lot of good childhood memories, the Kanto starter and the early Pikachu capture brought me right back.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Holy poo poo, Delphox is pretty amazing! It can take a Surf from Greninja and Starmie and barely survive each time, dish out enough damage to at least 2HKO several Pokemon and is faster than a loving Garchomp. :allears:

Revener
Aug 25, 2007

by angerbeet
So I managed to get to release without being spoiled. I picked Fennekin and it has hands down the most awful looking starter final to date. Why. Why did they do this to me.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

ChaosArgate posted:

Holy poo poo, Delphox is pretty amazing! It can take a Surf from Greninja and Starmie and barely survive each time, dish out enough damage to at least 2HKO several Pokemon and is faster than a loving Garchomp. :allears:

Meanwhile, Chesnaught mimics your avatar.
Oh, you hit me?
Here.
Let me just
END.
YOUR.
poo poo.

mareep
Dec 26, 2009

Jade Mage posted:

Added most if not all of you from page 300 to now. I apologize for any mispelling, I'm going off my 3DS friends list, not the forum currently.

HelloPlatypus
Echophonic
PhenomenalBaby
LordHighBokonon
Ashtarath
Menelven
OneHandClaping
Nendil
GreenMetalSun
Wallet Inspector
Coq Au Nandos
Naheal
Chocolate Donuts
King of the Karp
LAY-ZX
Alcatrash
Rhonne
Octolady
Hjalmar
SCROTEBUSTER
Solartide
Joshdarnit
Neddy Seagoon
y_3
Slightlytoasted
Mr Confetti

My friend code is 2036-7315-1628, and I have no clue what my friend safari contains. Please add me if you have the time.

Adding you! I'm 4468 2113 9768!

Anyone feel free to PM and add me!

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Revener posted:

So I managed to get to release without being spoiled. I picked Fennekin and it has hands down the most awful looking starter final to date. Why. Why did they do this to me.

emboar_and_samurott.jpg

Serperior owns

Classtoise posted:

Meanwhile, Chesnaught mimics your avatar.
Oh, you hit me?
Here.
Let me just
END.
YOUR.
poo poo.

Tell that to Greninja and his acrobatics TM :smug:

edit: guys I support your friend code trading and would even like to be in on it but there's a thread in PGS and that rad google doc for this. Can we stop flooding the discussion thread with it?

Mr. Baps fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Oct 19, 2013

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say

Jade Mage posted:

Added! 2681-0088-2246

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Goodpart posted:

So I just had a lengthy conversation in IRC about the breeding process and how the hell it all works. I've tried to streamline the process for my own point of reference (I haven't played this game since Gen 2) and I thought it might be useful to some people. In the flowchart I didn't name the pokemon but since I'm currently trying to breed an Onix I just used that as the example.

TO DO THIS YOU WILL NEED:

Dittos with the appropriate maxed IVs
An everstone
Power items (Battle Maison)
A destiny knot
A correctly natured Ditto

If you were to get a perfect inheritance each time, then this should take exactly 3 breeds before you get what is effectively a "perfect" pokemon. The downside is that power items only pass on one IV, not two, so you have to rely on sheer luck to get the other one. And then when you're passing on IVs with the Destiny Knot, the child inherits 5 IVs at random. I'm assuming that you can game the system a bit by using a power item + a destiny knot (though I've read nothing on it so this could all be bullshit), but other than that it's all chance. So in reality, it takes way more than just three breeds to get what you want. And that's not taking into account ability, or move inheritance. What a loving pain.

PS. I mentioned Ditto's stats at 30 because friend safari Dittos drop at that level. So don't even bother with the IV checker until you've done some breeding: you can tell what's up with the Dittos you're catching just by taking a quick look at them.

This is a great image. Note that anything caught in the wild in this set of pokemon will always have a set of three 31 IVs. You can do this skip the step of needing a triple-31 ditto and just start from step 2 on your image, as most baby pokemon will evolve into something that covers every egg group (or that can breed with something that will cover another).

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Jade Mage posted:

Looks like it's Rock, with Dwebble, Pupitar, and Babaracle.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Walrus Pete posted:

emboar_and_samurott.jpg

Serperior owns

Don't talk mess about Ganonboar.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
Chestnaught probably has the worst movepool since Serperior (although it isn't quite as useless). No fighting moves as of level 47. At least Leech Seed/Spike Shield make for a deadly combo and they were nice enough to give you Rollout right out the gate, but STILL.

Alligator Pie
Apr 26, 2008

Give away the green grass, Give away the sky
Someone Wonder Traded me a Graveller named Testicle.

"Take good care of Testicle!"

"Your Testicle evolved into Golem!"

I love it. I'm going to keep Testicle forever.

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Rhonne posted:

Don't talk mess about Ganonboar.

I like the idea behind Emboar, but its sprite just looks bad IMO. Samurott is straight-up bad design though. Dewott was so good, too :(

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Cheese Bread posted:

Someone Wonder Traded me a Graveller named Testicle.

"Take good care of Testicle!"

"Your Testicle evolved into Golem!"

I love it. I'm going to keep Testicle forever.

Wow, I guess they really relaxed on the name filter this gen. Probably better than Cofagrigus and Weedle not getting past it, but drat.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
gently caress yeah, just got a modest Ditto with 31 IV in sp. atk and HP. Togekiss gods incoming :c00lbert:

Alligator Pie
Apr 26, 2008

Give away the green grass, Give away the sky

Hjalmar posted:

Wow, I guess they really relaxed on the name filter this gen. Probably better than Cofagrigus and Weedle not getting past it, but drat.

Did that really happen? Wow.

It seems like the filter is a little weird, but understandable in some places. It let me trade a Sylveon named Deathbringer, and I got a Graveller named Testicle, yet I couldn't name my Mime Jr "Tiny rear end in a top hat."

I think it would be kind of neat if you could name your pokemon whatever you wanted but just limit what you can trade based on names instead.

TheEggsBenedict
Jan 4, 2013

if i go crazy then
will you still
call me superman
I really wish you can send eggs in wonder trade.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

No posted:

1521-3674-8737, IGN and Friends list name are both Jenn because I am creative.

UmbreonMessiah posted:

Just tipping my hat into the Safari arena here. My FC is 4253-3992-5250. I have a Grass Safari with Pansage, Ivysaur(!) and Maractus.

Solartide posted:

Alright, I'm not actually at Friend Safari yet, but it sounds exciting and I wanna jump right in when I hit it.

0645-5981-7158

Let me know if you add me and I'll add you too.

Thanks!

KoB posted:

Can someone figure out what my type/monsters are?

1805-2176-7029
IGN: King

redcheval posted:

Adding you! I'm 4468 2113 9768!

Anyone feel free to PM and add me!

Jade Mage posted:

NiftyBottle posted:

Added all of the ones quoted in this post.
My friend code is:
0232-7913-1698

Hoping someone tells me what I have.

HelloPlatypus posted:

Add me too, please!

4699-6224-1187

Wallet Inspector posted:

I've added you, my fc is 4511 1035 4506, with Fraxure, Noibat and Sligoo in the safari.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Mine is 5155-3090-6956. I've got Frogadier, Floatzel and Krabby.

Added. Mine is 4897-5957-0786

edit fixed code

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Oct 19, 2013

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Do all Honedge's have No Guard?

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
The last 20 Shroomish have all had Effect Spore.

What the gently caress. I need a female Technician with high IVs desperately but the female I have now won't produce anything but Effect Spore (even though Shroomish has three abilities).

tentawesome
May 14, 2010

Please don't troll me online
I'm adding everyone who posts their friend codes on this page because I need more friends. Please friend me back!

FC: 4339 - 2486 - 5368
Trainer: Lisa
System: Lisa
Mine's electric with Emolga and Pikachu... I did just beat the Elite 4, but I don't know who my third is yet.
If anyone happens to know if they have an Espurr/Meowstic in their Friend Safari, please let me know! I'm planning on running a stupid dual screen prankster gimmick.

Speaking of the Elite 4, I beat it with the first Shiny Pokemon I have ever caught in ten years of beating every game and replaying most of them at least once.

Why isn't Noctowl's line art shiny like he is, SIGH

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Soul Glo posted:

Do all Honedge's have No Guard?

Indeed they do.

Some jackass traded me a Boldore with an Everstone. I'm hoping they just didn't check to see if it had one, rather than being, well, a jackass.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Nakar posted:

The last 20 Shroomish have all had Effect Spore.

What the gently caress. I need a female Technician with high IVs desperately but the female I have now won't produce anything but Effect Spore (even though Shroomish has three abilities).

Does the mother have Effect Spore? Abilities of offspring are higher to match the mother than the father.

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

Why is wonder trade so addictive.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

megalodong posted:

It's gambling

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Emalde posted:

Does the mother have Effect Spore? Abilities of offspring are higher to match the mother than the father.
She does, but I wasn't having this problem before. It was mostly a mix of Effect Spore and Poison Heal, but there were some Quick Feet (the precursor to Technician) as well. Now it's nothing but loving Effect Spore.

I did just breed a male with Poison Heal so it's not broken, but I may have to accept a lower-quality female with Quick Feet just to ensure I can build up to a sustainable supply of them.

(and yes, the father does have Technician)

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

megalodong posted:

I sent out a few modest Froakies today. It felt good.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Hunter Noventa posted:

Indeed they do.

Some jackass traded me a Boldore with an Everstone. I'm hoping they just didn't check to see if it had one, rather than being, well, a jackass.

I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't check. I didn't know Roggenrola could have Everstones so I hatched four Quirky Honedges in a row before I thought to check the father...

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

tentawesome posted:

I'm adding everyone who posts their friend codes on this page because I need more friends. Please friend me back!

Trainer: Lisa
System: Lisa
Mine's electric with Emolga and Pikachu... I did just beat the Elite 4, but I don't know who my third is yet.
If anyone happens to know if they have an Espurr/Meowstic in their Friend Safari, please let me know! I'm planning on running a stupid dual screen prankster gimmick.

Added you, mine is 1693-1434-6254. It's an Ice type with Snover and Bergmite I believe.

Wallet Inspector
Jun 15, 2012

TF2 MINING RIG posted:

Added. Mine is 4897-5957-0768
Says your friend code is incorrect.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I am on a waterfall hunt! I got to the E4, beat 1 and almost beat another, decided to go find waterfalls. I've climbed the ones on Victory Road, Couriway Town, Pokemon Village, and the one outside of Frost Cavern. There's gotta be some more that I can't remember.

Hiding TMs up there, man. I gotta collect 'em all!

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
Game Freak wouldn't let me name my Skarmory "Painkiller" and I was really sad. It was cool with me naming Magmar "Butthead", though.

cancerianmoth
Oct 18, 2012

DoctorStrangelove posted:

I sent out a few modest Froakies today. It felt good.

Hm. Guess he can go either physical or special. I made mine Adamant seeing that he so far learns more physical moves. Unless I missed something all the way up to lvl 40 at the 5th gym.

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

It wouldn't let me use the name Pootie Tang, either. :mad:

But apparently dong and testicle are totally fine.

cancerianmoth
Oct 18, 2012

Walrus Pete posted:

It wouldn't let me use the name Pootie Tang, either. :mad:

But apparently dong and testicle are totally fine.

I think Dong might have the exception because its such a common romanized syllable in Korean. Testicle? No clue. Its the grown up word for balls. That's all I got.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ohjoshdarnit
Nov 2, 2005
Adventurer

tentawesome posted:

Added. I am 3050-7584-8787. I am also adding every code on this page.

• Locked thread