Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
Like two weeks ago I said I was gonna update the OP. I just finished making a bunch of changes to it, so if anyone sees anything they'd like to add or change, let me know.

Also need some awesome bases for that section! (If I put your screenshot in the OP, please let me know so I can properly give credit where it's due! I just grabbed screenshots without looking to see who they belonged to :negative:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Is it only possible for one Broken Hero's Sword to drop during each Eclipse? I've gotten two swords over two Eclipses and both dropped fairly early.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

RatHat posted:

Is it only possible for one Broken Hero's Sword to drop during each Eclipse? I've gotten two swords over two Eclipses and both dropped fairly early.
I've gotten a total of five over two eclipses, so no.

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop
I really wish there was an end game bee gun. Nothing game me such joy pre-hardmode as that bee gun.

putt-putt-putt-putt-putt-putt-putt-putt-putt BEEEES

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Do the Twins only drop their individual trophies if killed last?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Logan 5 posted:

I really wish there was an end game bee gun. Nothing game me such joy pre-hardmode as that bee gun.

Question, related.

If you use the Bee Cloak, the Honeycomb, and the Sweetheart necklace at the same time, do you explode into a giant cloud of bees when you take damage?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Logan 5 posted:

Plantera drops a wasp gun.

delta534
Sep 2, 2011

RatHat posted:

No, the first twin killed has a chance of dropping its trophy.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008

Logan 5 posted:

Well there is this: http://terraria.gamepedia.com/Wasp_Gun.

MrGreenShirt
Mar 14, 2005

Hell of a book. It's about bunnies!

SourceElement posted:

Like two weeks ago I said I was gonna update the OP. I just finished making a bunch of changes to it, so if anyone sees anything they'd like to add or change, let me know.

Also need some awesome bases for that section! (If I put your screenshot in the OP, please let me know so I can properly give credit where it's due! I just grabbed screenshots without looking to see who they belonged to :negative:)

Yay, my hive base is in the OP!

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Yeah, but it's massively underpowered for how late you get it. It doesn't really manage to tickle most hardmode enemies.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
So how do you spread the mushroom biome so easily? Just put mud and mushroom grass everywhere till the background changes?

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

The Leper Colon V posted:

Question, related.

If you use the Bee Cloak, the Honeycomb, and the Sweetheart necklace at the same time, do you explode into a giant cloud of bees when you take damage?

I have no idea but I have all these in a chest somewhere and I think I'm going to find out later.

The Lone Badger posted:

Plantera drops a wasp gun.

Yeah, sorry I meant like, end-game end-game. Its more of a novelty by the time you get it, rather then effective and fun as hell like BEEEEES :unsmigghh:

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

RatHat posted:

If the Twin is going to drop its trophy, it will do so on its death, regardless of whether it is killed first or second.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So suddenly half my housing isn't valid and I have no idea what changed.

The only Corruption/Hallow near my house is my Deathweed farm and that hasn't changed for a long time. I haven't broken any Demon Altars lately so it can't be that either. And I haven't touched the actual house so it can't be that I knocked off a bunch of walls by mistake.

Anyone have any idea what happened? I really wish the housing interface would tell you WHY a house isn't valid.

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av
Finally stitched together a composite screenshot of my base. Is there an easier way to do it other than just grabbing screenshots and slamming them together?

Also a cool tip that might not be commonly known - you can paint grass blocks, and anything that grows from them will match the color. You can also paint trees and all sorts of stuff that aren't blocks - try it with chests to color co-ordinate your storage.

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop
Why did I decide to got the original route, this is going to take forever

I am a crazy person

MrGreenShirt
Mar 14, 2005

Aww yeah, finally completed my trophy collection!

gently caress.

You.

Skeletron.

43 worlds. 43 goddamned worlds I went through to get that stupid loving trophy. gently caress this game.

Now to work on getting those dungeon keys.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Er, you realize you can get an item that can spawn Skeletron infintely right? You'd have to wait inbetween nights but since new worlds start at 8:00 AM you would've been doing that anyway.

MrGreenShirt
Mar 14, 2005

Odd, I recall reading on the wiki that if you summon Skeletron instead of activating the Old Mans curse it will only drop gold and potions, not any of its unique items. Now that I'm looking for it again I can't find it so using the voodoo doll probably would've been easier.

featurecreep
Jul 23, 2002

Yes, Robinson, take the Major, the Robot, your wife and kids... but leave Will for my plea-- his education.

MrGreenShirt posted:

Odd, I recall reading on the wiki that if you summon Skeletron instead of activating the Old Mans curse it will only drop gold and potions, not any of its unique items. Now that I'm looking for it again I can't find it so using the voodoo doll probably would've been easier.

I'm pretty sure that's no longer the case. I just was messing around with TShock configuration and for shits and giggles I summoned 30 Skeletrons and used /butcher and got plenty of trophies.

Preem Palver
Jul 5, 2007

I Said No posted:

Finally stitched together a composite screenshot of my base. Is there an easier way to do it other than just grabbing screenshots and slamming them together?

Terrafirma Map Viewer will let you zoom out further than the size of your screen while still showing the actual blocks and not pixel representations. It can get pretty ugly at the last couple of zoom levels that still show the actual blocks, though that will mostly depend on your monitor's resolution. If your base is large enough, it may still take more than one screenshot to show the entire thing, but it should still take less than just taking screenshots of the game itself.

Speaking of map viewers/editors, do any of them allow you to copy chests and their contents from one world to another? I got so caught up in prepping for it that I went and beat the Wall of Flesh last night before remembering that I still had some stuff I wanted to do in pre-hard mode. I'll probably keep messing around on my current map for the moment to get the first tier of hard mode stuff, but I've genned up a pretty new world where I plan on fighting the Queen Bee before starting Hard Mode, and I'm trying to make a much prettier base than the Soviet apartment block I'm using currently. It would save me a lot of time if I could just copy and paste my current storage room over rather than moving all of it one chest's worth of stuff at a time.

Esposito
Apr 5, 2003

Sic transit gloria. Maybe we'll meet again someday, when the fighting stops.
I think TEdit has the functionality to copy chests with their contents intact.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
God loving dammit. I have spent DAYS off and on running about at the bottom of the ocean hunting for Lime Kelp, and now I find out it's in the snow biome for some drat reason? :mad:

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

Dareon posted:

God loving dammit. I have spent DAYS off and on running about at the bottom of the ocean hunting for Lime Kelp, and now I find out it's in the snow biome for some drat reason? :mad:

yeah, it grows in water iirc. Kinda hard to see too, making it even more of a bitch to find.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

The Leper Colon V posted:

I never said I wanted ugly, simple, or optimal. I just can't decide if I want to build a sky fortress, or a giant sword piercing the crust of the earth. :black101:

Edit Because both are going to take absolutely absurd amounts of different materials. I'm probably gonna use Tin Bricks, either way. It's the right material, it looks good, and it's pretty drat common. Not sure what I'm gonna do for the handle. Tungsten Brick, maybe? That's pretty rare pre-hardmode, though, and even in a Large world, I might have trouble getting together enough for the size I want.

This reminds me: is there a way to turn tin bars into tin bricks? I'd been just smelting them before throwing them in a chest, but now I want to build with it...

(Alternatively, a smooth metal material would work too...)

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Logan 5 posted:

yeah, it grows in water iirc. Kinda hard to see too, making it even more of a bitch to find.
Not only in water, but only from underwater overhangs. The beach is right out, you gotta straight-up find a reasonably vast underground lake.

Keiya posted:

This reminds me: is there a way to turn tin bars into tin bricks? I'd been just smelting them before throwing them in a chest, but now I want to build with it...

Nope, you can place the bars themselves and get kind of a "vault" thing going on--they act as platforms and I think they count as floors the same way crafted platforms do, but they have to be on solid ground--but you can't build with them in the classical sense and you certainly can't break them down back into ores.

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Oct 19, 2013

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

I Said No posted:

Also a cool tip that might not be commonly known - you can paint grass blocks, and anything that grows from them will match the color.
That doesn't include trees, right? I tried planting trees on painted grass and they looked normal when grown so I just assumed that's not how it works.
Also I do know that glowing mushrooms can grow rainbow colors.

TheBlandName
Feb 5, 2012

The White Dragon posted:

Not only in water, but only from underwater overhangs. The beach is right out, you gotta straight-up find a reasonably vast underground lake.

Kelp grows along the bottom of lakes just fine, material be damned. But it has to be deep enough. It's got to be in the second underground layer, where the background turns mostly rocky.

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

Keiya posted:

You can't turn bars into brick unfortunately, you can only make bricks out of ore. Which kind of sucks, not really sure why this is. You can turn most walls back into their ingredient bricks now after all.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

MrGreenShirt posted:

Aww yeah, finally completed my trophy collection!

gently caress.

You.

Skeletron.

43 worlds. 43 goddamned worlds I went through to get that stupid loving trophy. gently caress this game.

Now to work on getting those dungeon keys.

I may or may not have gotten it on my first kill...

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

watho posted:

I may or may not have gotten it on my first kill...

I got the Queen Bee trophy on my first kill. I thought it was just a drop that came with the bosses now.

Then I ended up fighting wall of flesh 8 times before I got his, and I've fought eater/eye/brain dozens of times, without drops so far. Gotta keep at it!

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Man, what the hell. So I finally got enough Titanium to make a Pick... and I can't mine that green ore that's all over the underground jungle? Well dammit, what use is it, then? There are no harder ores than it aside from that stuff, right? Orichalcum certainly couldn't mine it, I figured an upgrade was all I needed. Kinda feeling like I just wasted my Titanium Bars on something that was completely useless.

Also, in Orichalcum armor now. Thinking it's time to build a boss arena and finally stop being a big pussy about hard mode bosses. Destroyer first, yeah? Man, that'll be a satisfying kill.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

ChibiSoma posted:

Man, what the hell. So I finally got enough Titanium to make a Pick... and I can't mine that green ore that's all over the underground jungle? Well dammit, what use is it, then? There are no harder ores than it aside from that stuff, right? Orichalcum certainly couldn't mine it, I figured an upgrade was all I needed. Kinda feeling like I just wasted my Titanium Bars on something that was completely useless.

Also, in Orichalcum armor now. Thinking it's time to build a boss arena and finally stop being a big pussy about hard mode bosses. Destroyer first, yeah? Man, that'll be a satisfying kill.

Spectre-class pickaxe can mine Chlorophyte. Which you need to kill Plantera to spawn the enemies to get the ectoplasm, so it's a sort of step-up progression at that point.

Yermaw Zahoor
Feb 24, 2009
Well at least you now have a fast pick, but it won't mine Chlorophyte, no.
You'll have to kill a boss (Twins, Destroyer, Prime) for some Hallowed bars to make a Chlorophyte grade pick/drill.

You can probably use your current armor, but you might want to use your new Titanium pick to mine enough Titanuim for a suit of that.

Just checked and a 200% pick power tool will do it, so a Drax or Pickaxe Pick using hallowed from, say, Destroyer will probably be your easiest option.

Or what the guy above says, but triggering and killing Plantera will be a fair bit harder imho

Yermaw Zahoor fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Oct 19, 2013

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop
I spent way too much time on this

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Yermaw Zahoor posted:

You'll have to kill a boss (Twins, Destroyer, Prime) for some Hallowed bars to make a Chlorophyte grade pick/drill.

You can probably use your current armor, but you might want to use your new Titanium pick to mine enough Titanuim for a suit of that.

Just checked and a 200% pick power tool will do it, so a Drax or Pickaxe Pick using hallowed from, say, Destroyer will probably be your easiest option.

Or what the guy above says, but triggering and killing Plantera will be a fair bit harder imho

Also you apparently need to kill a boss for Plantera's summoning item to spawn. :v:

Yermaw Zahoor
Feb 24, 2009
Yeah, that sounds about right, I didn't think that there was a fork in the progression.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

Yermaw Zahoor posted:

I completely forgot about Hallowed, and I don't know why. It could be because I stopped playing for a while, dove into 1.2, and the spawn limit in the dungeon hadn't been set yet, so I was able to get spectre stuff before I killed a hardmode boss.

Yeah, follow this guy's advice. With the right set-up (Piercing, piercing, piercing), Destroyer becomes almost too easy, and drops a fair amount of hallowed ore to make your pick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Who do I have to sacrifice to get Truffle to spawn? I've built him a nice little house made entirely of mushroom (apart from the light source, haven't found a mushroom-based light yet) in a mushroom biome (and I know it's a biome because the music changes) and the housing tool says it's a valid house, but he won't appear. I even tried starting hardmode on that world but no dice.

• Locked thread